Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

hemale in pain posted:

finished wuthering heights. well written but poo poo.

I love that book :(

But I have no interest in anime or DnD, so in this forum my words are those of a heathen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what's jackbox

is it like msn messenger games? :corsair:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Lady Demelza posted:

I love that book :(

But I have no interest in anime or DnD, so in this forum my words are those of a heathen.

Im very angry that they didn't smother heathcliff in his sleep and bury his corpse out on the Moor somewhere

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

crispix posted:

what's jackbox

is it like msn messenger games? :corsair:
yes, but with added nudity

you need discord to watch a stream and a phone to play

cum play m'lord

e: and hemale too

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 7, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Samwise Gamgee from the Lord of the Rings

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah shout if you're interested and i can message an invite over

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMMw0rnKz4

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

hemale in pain posted:

Im very angry that they didn't smother heathcliff in his sleep and bury his corpse out on the Moor somewhere

It would have been satisfying but unrealistic. The local landowner was usually a magistrate and held a position of power and respectability. Everyone on the outside (including Heathcliffe, himself an outsider) is on his side and possibly corrupt: he's got a lawyer and an apothecary in his pocket, so if he'd have ended up buried on the Moor there's a good chance that it wouldn't have ended well for the inmates at WH and TG. Isabella and the younger Catherine are the only people who really seem to stand up for themselves but they're too young to carry off a murder plot alone. All the men are too busy dying themselves to kill someone else.

I realise it is far too late and too hot for lit crit.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i wish i had read wuthering heights at university like i was supposed to because a lecturer i really liked called on me to roleplay as heathcliffe and from what i now understand i did exactly the opposite of everything heathcliffe would do

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
ok but are there any car chases?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Lying nude atop the sheets, wailing, covered in sweat and asking for death

Also it's really hot tonight which makes it even worse

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Lady Demelza posted:

It would have been satisfying but unrealistic. The local landowner was usually a magistrate and held a position of power and respectability. Everyone on the outside (including Heathcliffe, himself an outsider) is on his side and possibly corrupt: he's got a lawyer and an apothecary in his pocket, so if he'd have ended up buried on the Moor there's a good chance that it wouldn't have ended well for the inmates at WH and TG. Isabella and the younger Catherine are the only people who really seem to stand up for themselves but they're too young to carry off a murder plot alone. All the men are too busy dying themselves to kill someone else.

I realise it is far too late and too hot for lit crit.

You're right but it's just very frustrating to read. I assume that's by design but I wasn't entirely happy with the ending as Harton was compliant with Catherine's imprisonment and abuse. He was emotionally abused and mistreated himself but them becoming a happy couple was sickening.

It's pretty messed up that the only resolution to any situation is a character dying of illness. I know Emily had a miserable life with a ton of death and it really comes through in the book. I'm glad I wasn't born in the 1800s.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i wish i had read wuthering heights at university like i was supposed to because a lecturer i really liked called on me to roleplay as heathcliffe and from what i now understand i did exactly the opposite of everything heathcliffe would do

Step 1 is have a vast never explained fortune

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 8, 2020

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

module was textual intervention and ma student seminar leader was talking about pride & prejudice & zombies

reading up to that point should have included wuthering heights which i had not done because drankin

what i should have done - when cathy tried to tell me there were zombies on the moor, cruelly turn away and say i dont care, then when she tries to leave say i love her, then when she turns back to me go back to saying i do not care again

what i did do - run up to her, scream 'zombies, cathy we have to run,' run around the classroom, out the door, and then in the corridor and make zombie noises

if you are going to fail, fail hard

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fear and loathing at balliol college

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what i did do - run up to her, scream 'zombies, cathy we have to run,' run around the classroom, out the door, and then in the corridor and make zombie noises

i didnt know you had this in you, very impressed

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah shout if you're interested and i can message an invite over

Hey shout out in the secret discord next time

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I think 99 should join the discord and just live stream from a camera on his head

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I've vacuumed before 9am and it was too hot for it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Heathcliff, these, are boobies

look at my boobies, heathcliff

*flash boob @ Heathcliff*

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
someone slide into my PMs with secret discord, I wanna jackbox at some point

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

This was a hard screenshot on my desktop to explain to ladyrat this morning

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

two neighbouring beachfront hotels in portugal

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Cliffs Notes: Wuthering Heights

hemale in pain posted:

well written but poo poo.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
First steak bake in 4 months and it was cold. This Is England '20.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

RedTeam posted:

This is the future liberals want.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

RedTeam posted:

first cheese and onion pasty here. was cold when i got home so i stuck it in the microwave

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I'm cooking garlic, cumin, red pepper flake and yoghurt marinated chicken shish kebab, chargrilled aubergine paste and yoghurt and spicy tomato&pickled red pepper mezze. Anyone hungry?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I bought the entire stock of the vegan sausage rolls from Aldi (4 packs) and am eating one now and freezing the rest

I've never had a hot Greggs, all the veggie stuff has been sitting on the shelf so long it's that awful room temperature (but a bit warmer inside) experience.

How people burn their bellends on their stuff I'll never know

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the fridges at sainsburys have stopped working, due to the heat

it's kind of like how each time there's snow the entire nation grinds to a halt because we've never encountered it before. any time it's hot the fridges all die

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the fridges at sainsburys have stopped working, due to the heat

it's kind of like how each time there's snow the entire nation grinds to a halt because we've never encountered it before. any time it's hot the fridges all die

I thought the fridges were gone at my sainsburys too but upon closer inspection they just closed the... fridge curtain? to better insulate the cold

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
When I worked at Waitrose a customer strolled up to my manager and asked "When are you getting the chillers fixed, you arsehole?"

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the old m&s where my folks live has a guy who sits on the roof when it's hot and sprays a hose on the heat exchangers so the fridges on the shop floor dont all shut down.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Does he use mineral water?

Melissa McCarthyism
Jan 18, 2007

uk chat thread recommendations for mobile phone network? Trying to upgrade on o2 but they need to send a text to confirm its me. My phone isn't working...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

giffgaff, op. get a throwaway sim and port your number over, takes minutes

it is a virtual provider, so if you rely on sending a lot of short-number texts it's probably not great. but it's good for normal, non-sexline use

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

so you need a new actual phone too?

Melissa McCarthyism
Jan 18, 2007

yeah the whole shebang, seems every provider has better deals than what I was being offered as an upgrade too, go figure

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Giffgaff is the right answer. They do pay monthly phones, but it's cheaper to buy one outright if you can afford the limo.sum, or get a refund.

The monthly goodybag can change to what you want/need

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Sudden Javelin posted:

When I worked at Waitrose a customer strolled up to my manager and asked "When are you getting the chillers fixed, you arsehole?"

I volunteer in a foodbank and people and complain that their parcels have missing items (we don't guarantee what's in them) or ring up and ask for a delivery at 10 at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melissa McCarthyism
Jan 18, 2007

giffgaff it is thanks thread people