Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The second set of LA shows begins airing tonight at 10:00 PM EDT. The last set provided an intriguing look at the newly promoted Karl Fredericks but these definitely have more stakes. A US version of the New Japan Cup will be aired over three weeks starting tonight and the winner gets a shot at the IWGP US Championship. How exactly this will work is unclear given the pandemic and Jon Moxley's inability to work for other companies on US soil but the field looks interesting. Karl Fredericks vs. KENTA was orginally supposed to take place on the originally scheduled regular New Japan Cup before it had to be postponed.

Much like the last set of tapings these will not be aired live and each episode will be uploaded in its entirety every friday at 22:00 EDT/ 03:00 BST.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mox vs the winner will take place in that bit of Oklahoma that is still Native land thanks to the Supreme Court.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

from the sound of things i think jeff cobb signed a new deal with ring of honor

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Hey, Kevin got a green screen!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

SPICY KARL

bartok
May 10, 2006

It's been nice having wrestling on Friday nights again.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

KENTA's hair :swoon:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

just getting a blue mat with a white border alone makes this look way more legit

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Karl knows how to take a lariat.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Thauros posted:

just getting a blue mat with a white border alone makes this look way more legit

Full sized ring, too. Edit: now I’m not sure. Is it?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Power Windows posted:

KENTA's hair :swoon:

Oh my god it's magical

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanlis posted:

Full sized ring, too. Edit: now I’m not sure. Is it?

i'm genuinely not sure but it looks fine now

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

That's pretty cool :smug:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Grime was removed.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

My name

is FINLAY

and I love to fight sex pests

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I have not seen Brody King before and wow he’s a big lad.

bartok
May 10, 2006

First time seeing Brody King and I'm sold on the dude.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NEW JAPAN CUP USA 2020
August 14th at 22:00 EDT/3:00 BST
unknown venue

NJC USA Semi-Finals:Jeff Cobb vs. KENTA
NJC USA Semi-Finals:David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Catching up now.

Kenta has beautiful hair

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Catching up now.

Kenta has beautiful hair

Same here, he really does

Ugh right Chase is in this tourney, hope he loses and we never see this shithead again

He looks like he hasn’t worked out a single day while he’s been away, while Finlay is looking really good

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Finlay looks great

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Chase is a good wrestler who does all the little stuff right and commits hard to everything, and I’d rather never see him in a NJPW ring again.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don’t want to say factually incorrect things and I guess it was a bad angle at first, but Chase has actually slimmed down somewhat. They mention his exercise routines. Still a piece of poo poo who I hope goes away forever.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Brody King looks like a drat killer

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Clean-shaven Tama is so weird

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat, I slept right through when this went up, catching up now. Very happy to see Kozlov again, seems a bit nervous in the intro but we'll see it it goes.

Kenta got that surfer hair :allears:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

Clean-shaven Tama is so weird

I keep yelling where is your beard at my tv

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kozlov is very low energy all throughout the show. Not very interesting

Also, I’ve watched all the US shows with English commentary, and maybe I’m alone in this but I’m finding Kevin Kelly increasingly annoying. He’s not doing anything different compared to before as far as I can tell but I’m just not enjoying listening to him this time around

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kozlov seems like he's very aware that there's no crowd and it afraid of distracting the wrestlers with his voice or something.

I liked Kenta/Karl, Jeff/Tanga less so.

And that sponge add is still magic :3:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It didn't occur to me until I saw Tama coming out that BC had a representative in every match on the card, ending with a 50% victory rate.

I still enjoy Chase in the ring, he's great with his heel tactics. Shame that he's utter scum outside of the ring.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Karl Fredericks vs KENTA - Karl's gear is nice. Still green (this is my first match of him post-Young Lion) but he's adapting quickly. KENTA looks fitter than I remembered and his hair deserves a belt.
Jeff Cobb vs Tanga Loa - Was pretty okay. Liked the initial spots, but it kind of ended too quickly.
LA Dojo boys advertise a sponge - They should set up a Patreon and advertise random things.
David Finlay vs Chase Owens - Pretty good! Obligatory reminder that Chase is an awful person, but I almost forgot that during this match. I am growing on Finlay.
Brody King vs Tama Tonga - Wow Tama came out here as the babyface for me. His lack of facial hair is weird... Brody King is good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just realised that this is going to end up with Mox vs KENTA :getin:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

I just realised that this is going to end up with Mox vs KENTA :getin:

I think Cobb's got a good shot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

I think Cobb's got a good shot.

I think when you have the chance to do a first time ever dream match you do the first time ever dream match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

I think when you have the chance to do a first time ever dream match you do the first time ever dream match

The problem I have with that is, unless they're gonna go hard on the FinJuice/GOD feud again, I can't see Finlay beating Tama, and I don't think you do an all BC final.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

The problem I have with that is, unless they're gonna go hard on the FinJuice/GOD feud again, I can't see Finlay beating Tama, and I don't think you do an all BC final.

I think that means Finlay beats Tama. Jeff Cobb's a freelancer, so less likely to go over KENTA unless that contract he signed was with NJPW and that seems pretty unlikely.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

bartok posted:

First time seeing Brody King and I'm sold on the dude.

There're a few tag matches with him and Scurll from last year, including one vs. Rocky Romero and Okada. I was thinking I'd like to see King in the ring with Okada so will have to check that out.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Brody King is as good as Brody King's tattoos are terrible. Which is very.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wish Brody went over but fun show.

Tama looks a decade younger