Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Roumba posted:

Over the last two weeks, I've cooked every recipe that uses salami that I know of, but I still have over a pound of the stuff left. Any good ideas to use up these hundred or so slices?

Normally, being forced to eat muffulettas until the end of days would be ideal, but since I moved I can't the right bread for it anymore. And variety is never a bad thing, supposedly.

I don't think this is even a valid question. Snack more, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I minced some salami to add to a meat marinara sauce I was making. It owned. Plenty of meatball recipes use prosciutto in them, why not salami?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You know what. Costco Pizza is better than a lot of NY pizza. It is actually good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
other than a sandwich, salami goes directly into my mouth

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I used one of the new nitrogen tire fillers today and it was a blessed experience. Set the pressure, clamp the end on the valve stem, and let it either bleed or fill the tire to the right pressure. Plus it's free, just waltz up and filler up.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

But did you get green valve stem caps to go with your nitrogen?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gatts posted:

You know what. Costco Pizza is better than a lot of NY pizza. It is actually good.

Costco Pizza is not bad, and is better than Dominoes, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, etc.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I liked the A-sha noodles fine and hated the Bitchin Sauce. hosed up imo

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

shadow puppet of a posted:

But did you get green valve stem caps to go with your nitrogen?

Well I did buy the tires there so yeah they were green already.

And to be clear I don't care so much about the Nitro, I was too lazy to power on my compressor at home.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
What is Costco if not a warehouse church to fulfill our laziest wants and desires?

PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bigman.50grand posted:

What is Costco if not a warehouse church to fulfill our laziest wants and desires?

PBUC

I think I'm gonna pop open that bag of shrimp chips tonight. Maybe a drink a beer.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gatts posted:

Tbh it's pretty drat good, even in the Pizza Belt

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

canyoneer posted:

I minced some salami to add to a meat marinara sauce I was making. It owned. Plenty of meatball recipes use prosciutto in them, why not salami?

Absolutely! Use it like a spice. A little simmering and a little goes a long way.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bitchin Chipotle Sauce + Normandy Veggies!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Bought this from Costco today, my god it's awesome and I'm gonna eat it way too fast

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Forums law requires you to state how fatty you find the jerky and if your tastes run on the fatty or really fatty side of preference.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

norp posted:

Bought this from Costco today, my god it's awesome and I'm gonna eat it way too fast

I crushed a pack of that a while back.

I'll be returning for seconds.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

shadow puppet of a posted:

Forums law requires you to state how fatty you find the jerky and if your tastes run on the fatty or really fatty side of preference.

It seems lean, but it's a soft and sticky style jerky

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That jerky is bomb, but I always eat the whole bag and get sick afterwards.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That jerky was good but a lot of sugar.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
we do not get such jerky

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think I'm gonna pop open that bag of shrimp chips tonight. Maybe a drink a beer.

I'm the only one in my house who will eat them, which means they're always in the cupboard, waiting for me. Bless you, shrimp chips.

[edit] Our Costco had Korean fried fish skins (pollock) in a big bag. They were strangely sweet and not at all my bag.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

norp posted:

my friends have come to expect this any time they come over. it’s phenomenal

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
That sweet sticky pork jerky was a staple of my Asian household growing up. I remember giving it to my white friends and they were always weirded out by it. I think they just expected jerky to be dry and super chewy in general.

I am glad Costco gives an easy way to get this type of jerky for general consumption and not at a specialty corner in an Asian market. I'm also glad that this is no longer considered a weird food!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

fischtick posted:

I'm the only one in my house who will eat them, which means they're always in the cupboard, waiting for me. Bless you, shrimp chips.

They're 13.5% shrimp!

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Might I suggest Big John's Beef Jerky? I've been getting from him for years. And as per forum law, you must request the fattiest jerky possible when ordering.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mine GO BOOM posted:

Might I suggest Big John's Beef Jerky? I've been getting from him for years. And as per forum law, you must request the fattiest jerky possible when ordering.

This looks pretty good, I don't really like sweet jerky and it seems like these aren't loaded with sugar. What flavors do you like?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

priznat posted:

That jerky was good but a lot of sugar.

Yea not really getting the benefits of jerky here.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
It's not available in Costco, but try buying South African style biltong if you want something like jerky but better. It's not sweet, and it's made with beef. There are various sellers on Amazon, Brooklyn biltong is a good company. They also sell droewors (dried sausage) and they're both way better than jerky imo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Looks like I'm doing some MEAT RESEARCH

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I got Avocado Salsa by mistake thinking it was guacamole, it’s so good that I’m now eating it with a spoon

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Paul MaudDib posted:

I got Avocado Salsa by mistake thinking it was guacamole, it’s so good that I’m now eating it with a spoon

Avocado salsa in general is goddamn delicious, have not stumbled across it at the Co, tbf we don't have Bitchin' Sauce either.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Avocado salsa in general is goddamn delicious, have not stumbled across it at the Co, tbf we don't have Bitchin' Sauce either.

The one I get isn’t in the refrigerated section fwiw.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone got an avocadoes tip? I bought a bag at costco this week and put them in a brown paper bag. In my experience they're too hard or rotten apart from one random day.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Palpate them every day and refrigerate when ripe. Then it's the avocado's turn to wait for YOU!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Make a shedload of guacamole when they're all palpatedly squishy on the same day. Eat all of it at once with a full bag of tortilla chips while standing over the sink alone in the kitchen.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fizzymercy posted:

Make a shedload of guacamole when they're all palpatedly squishy on the same day. Eat all of it at once with a full bag of tortilla chips while standing over the sink alone in the kitchen.

You the one whamaking avocado toast in my tool shed?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm super bummed that my local 'Co stopped carrying the bags of Bouchard individually wrapped dark chocolate. The employee told me it'd been replaced by ganache-filled Godiva chocolates so I picked up a bag of those. Granted, the Godiva is actually outstanding, but you get way fewer pieces in the bag.

Luckily, they sell a Bouchard 2-pack on the website ($45 for dark chocolate lmao) and it'll be delivered Monday, but 1) I hope it doesn't get all melted in transit, and 2) I hope they never stop carrying it. It's some of the best dark chocolate, a single serving (6 pieces!) is only 170 calories, and it doesn't have a huge amount of added sugar as it's not too sweet.

I love you, Bouchard. I love you, Costco.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Costco.com usually puts the least effort into shipping, so I wouldn't be too optimistic. Most things I've ordered were just chucked into a soft mailing bag.

e: though they do have special shipping policies for it ("only ship Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday delivery."), so hopefully that's because they use dry ice and not just because they are just trying to minimize the amount of time it will have to melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Man these shrimp chips are real good. So buttery