Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

WWE freakin' rocks dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

next week on SD there's a triple-brand battle royal with participants from Raw, SD and NXT, all of whom Bayley has pissed off during her reign, and the winner faces her for the SD women's title at Summerslam

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1291921915540434944

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nothing says "violent anarchist attack" like the company promoting it on their official social media with hashtags

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I liked the way it was filmed, but there’s no credible
babyfaces to fight this group on the show so I don’t see how it can go anywhere.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
wwe turned into tna so quickly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Benne posted:

Nothing says "violent anarchist attack" like the company promoting it on their official social media with hashtags

im waiting for it to appear in the WWE store

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Seth Rollins posted:

it turns out when youre losing a wrestlewar you immediately become loving insane

WCW did it
TNA did it
now WWE is doing it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't wait for not-ANTIFA to unmask and recognize like 3 out of 10 people, and by survivor series they all end up just losing to the combined RAW/Smackdown/NXT rosters

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I liked when the one lady forgot how to run.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

They will either be King Baron Corbin's henchmen, or victims of his, within 3 weeks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

So in other words Alexa would at some point have to had voluntarily walked out there to be menaced by what they're selling as a supernatural entity of evil who attacked her last week and threatened to hurt her this week. Even if this is some kind of swerve it still makes no drat sense.

With absolutely no explanation or questioning from anyone about why she was out there

At first I thought it was a replay from last week, then I thought I had just missed her being out there before commercial somehow

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wait, can one of the folks saying that antifa is supposed to represent AEW show their work? Because I don’t get that conclusion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Wait, can one of the folks saying that antifa is supposed to represent AEW show their work? Because I don’t get that conclusion.
It's sarcasm

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I am seeing people saying "if AEW did it, it would be the best thing ever"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They're short/small and they (ostensibly) hate WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

I am seeing people saying "if AEW did it, it would be the best thing ever"

They already did it and people tried to say the Dark Order was ruining the company.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MassRafTer posted:

They already did it and people tried to say the Dark Order was ruining the company.

We've come so far as a people

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seth Rollins posted:

Anti & F8s

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this is going to be a much worse version of the nexus angle right. bunch of job guys angry at wwe because they're job guys.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Didn’t the Fiend just teleport Alexa to the ring wince she was wearing the same poo poo as when she was attacked? I mean it’s stupid but not weird to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MVP extended for multiple years https://www.instagram.com/p/CDnC7BkjDss/

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Didn’t the Fiend just teleport Alexa to the ring wince she was wearing the same poo poo as when she was attacked? I mean it’s stupid but not weird to me.
WWE has no continuity and also sometimes there's just supernatural beings in the same show they're trying to pretend they're a real sport but also pushing MMA fighters as REAL fighters.

What is MMA in the context of WWE? Is WWE supposed to be fake and MMA real?
Why are there supernatural beings on this product being presented as a real sport?
If WWE is "Real" why doesn't anyone ever watch the goddamn show and realize they're being played, lied to, or manipulated?

I want to know exactly how much money it took for him to go from "WWE is exploiting black people" to signing a multi year contract in around a calendar year

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 8, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

WWE has no continuity and also sometimes there's just supernatural beings in the same show they're trying to pretend they're a real sport but also pushing MMA fighters as REAL fighters.

What is MMA in the context of WWE? Is WWE supposed to be fake and MMA real?
Why are there supernatural beings on this product being presented as a real sport?
If WWE is "Real" why doesn't anyone ever watch the goddamn show and realize they're being played, lied to, or manipulated?

I don't know it's been this way for like 30 years in WWE so at this point these questions are like asking why doesn't the car ever start in a horror movie, it's just what the format is. NJPW is the only company that ever gets the pretend we're a real sport thing right.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That was kinda fun. Kinda laughed at the random scribbles with the spray paint but it was a pretty wild segment that made pretty good use of the fake crowds. I hope the not antifa faction doesn't just job out at the first major ppv but they probably will. From what I hear about the potential members it could be alright.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

That was kinda fun. Kinda laughed at the random scribbles with the spray paint but it was a pretty wild segment that made pretty good use of the fake crowds. I hope the not antifa faction doesn't just job out at the first major ppv but they probably will. From what I hear about the potential members it could be alright.

I liked the part where Chainsaw Charlie revealed himself to be their leader.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Narrator voice: It wasn't.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

An old old man being paid the big bucks just to keep him on i love wcw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

If that were the case then they should have had the lights go down and then come back up and she's in the ring looking confused, not come back from commercial with the screeching noises and her in the middle of the ring

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't know it's been this way for like 30 years in WWE so at this point these questions are like asking why doesn't the car ever start in a horror movie, it's just what the format is. NJPW is the only company that ever gets the pretend we're a real sport thing right.
This problem is WWE exclusive because they're the only company who pretends the product is real, except when they break kayfabe and use people's real names, and also when they have fake shoot fights that are supposed to be real.

Matt Hardy had a brilliant tweet about how the Broken Universe was Entertainment over Sports, but WWE was failing at both Sports and Entertainment. All other promotions use a tongue in cheek approach when doing silly poo poo, WWE acts like they're both a TV show and a real sport at the same time.

It's like tuning into Big Brother on CBS and one of the cast members is just literally the devil and everyone on the show treats that person as such, but they're still selling the show as reality TV and The Devil is just real and on this TV show for some reason.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

It's like tuning into Big Brother on CBS and one of the cast members is just literally the devil and everyone on the show treats that person as such, but they're still selling the show as reality TV and The Devil is just real and on this TV show for some reason.

That would be a great show to me. You're right but It's not a problem for me, because this is what they do, WCW did it too and that's what I grew up on and at this point I still enjoy it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RealFoxy posted:

I want to know exactly how much money it took for him to go from "WWE is exploiting black people" to signing a multi year contract in around a calendar year

I mean from the hour and change of raw I watched this week, MVP is the star and the only wrestler who isn’t an idiot

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The first response was hilarious

quote:

That's AWFUL!!! Was hoping you were only temporary...

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I mean from the hour and change of raw I watched this week, MVP is the star and the only wrestler who isn’t an idiot

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol come the gently caress on.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I liked the part where Chainsaw Charlie revealed himself to be their leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PgSAW6FJWs

:thunk:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

quote:

Retribution

lol

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
This group is going to be about as successful as their namesake, Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was bugging me all night, but I finally figured out who Mandy reminded me of

Sonya from MK Annihilation

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Listen, if Cyrax and Sektor appear on Smackdown next week, then I will be fine with what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hopkins FBI posted:

This group is going to be about as successful as their namesake, Ride to Hell: Retribution.

We got a pretty incredible Quick Look out of that at least