Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I have a dispensary in my tiny town but... the last time I ordered some edibles and went to pick them up it started raining its rear end off. Just opened up and started raining while I was at work and I expected them to be handling covid sensibly by having people come in one at a time and wait in their cars. loving lol, no, they make you wait outside in a line. And people's masks were wet and useless, and they were packed rear end-to-elbow. gently caress that dispensary and gently caress all the out-of-state yahoos smuggling kush back home. Stay the gently caress out of our town and quit giving us the 'roni.

Any pretense that they were anything but a capitalist business putting profit before human lives was crushed right then. It really needs to be decriminalized at the federal level because this is ridiculous.

Wow, that was a long rant. But back on topic I have some hosed-up movies on blu ray and I just want some more edibles to enjoy them with, man :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If you guys think Walmart is dangerous you should see some of the thrift stores I've been in over the last couple weeks, not only shoulder-to-shoulder with the unwashed masses but you're also surrounded by dead peoples stuff.

Virus can't touch me :smug:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Iron Crowned posted:

We have no choice.

I kinda doubt you’ll convince someone who lives in a country that is currently functionally COVID-free.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I did go to a Walmart once in the past few months but it was in and out just to pick up my Columbia Classics set. So I took the risk for Lawrence 4k, can't really say I have any regrets.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
There are still dozens of copies of Escape From New York on ebay at retail price. Many of them ship free. Don't go to Walmart.

edit: It's also in stock on the Walmart website. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Escape-From-New-York-Blu-ray/44457176

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 7, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Good catch. Grabbed that, Big Trouble and Cobra.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Pulled the trigger on Manhunter. What a great movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I kinda doubt you’ll convince someone who lives in a country that is currently functionally COVID-free.

I welcome anyone from one of those countries to come here and see what choice they have here, with our government. Have fun starving to death because your job fires you for not coming in and they ended the extra unemployment benefits so you can't even afford to go to the store to catch the Rona.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vagabundo posted:

:lol: This statement just means that you know nothing about how truly lovely the USA is. We have no support structure, so our choices are basically go to work and die for the number, or refuse to go to work and starve to death in a gutter.

EDIT:
I'm sure you've seen videos of these poor store workers (who are likely paid between $8 and $10 per hour) that get assaulted for telling people to wear a loving mask, yeah it's a political thing here, not doing something as simple as wearing a mask (or just loving staying at home)

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 7, 2020

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Pulled the trigger on Manhunter. What a great movie.

Do you see?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: This statement just means that you know nothing about how truly lovely the USA is. We have no support structure, so our choices are basically go to work and die for the number, or refuse to go to work and starve to death in a gutter.

EDIT:
I'm sure you've seen videos of these poor store workers (who are likely paid between $8 and $10 per hour) that get assaulted for telling people to wear a loving mask, yeah it's a political thing here, not doing something as simple as wearing a mask (or just loving staying at home)

You left out the part about how mass amounts of people die because they can't afford such luxuries as doctors and dentists and the number one cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical bills. IT TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I thought the Watchmen steelbook from Best Buy would sell out quick so I pre-ordered but they have an abundance of them, so they're on sale for $24.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/watchmen-an-hbo-limited-series-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-only--best-buy/6405113.p?skuId=6405113

Good price. $10 than I got it. I enjoyed the show and while it's a lot like other HBO series where the last episode or two doesn't have as much kick as the earlier episodes, but it's a fun ride. Only wish they had done a 4K release.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Mann's output is loving stellar. I've been meaning to check out Miami Vice and Blackhat (or was it Whitehat?), because I've heard they were a bit maligned but on the level for Mann even if it's not as good as Manhunter or Thief.

The DC of Blackhat is supposed to be significantly better, but I've never been able to find it :(

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The DC of Miami Vice has an actual beginning. I'm honestly not sure if I prefer it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

EDIT:

Considering that your citizens keep voting the clowns that perpetuate that poo poo into government, it's obviously what you lot wanted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Vagabundo posted:

Considering that your citizens keep voting the clowns that perpetuate that poo poo into government, it's obviously what you lot wanted.

Go gently caress yourself, you absolute bore.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vagabundo posted:

Get hosed you piece of poo poo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Vagabundo posted:

Shut up.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

https://youtu.be/IC3W1BiUjp0

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So uh how about that physical media, huh?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I’m now looking through my collection to see what director filmographies I’m close to completing.

I just need Jackie Brown and Death Proof to have a full Tarantino (I do have Grindhouse though)

And I have only three Kubrick films to get to complete his

Quite a few more to get all the Spielbergs and Coen Bros. Hmmm who else do I like

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
In animation I have the whole Miyazaki filmography but that was easy because it was one boxset

I’d love to fill out my Hosoda, Shinkai and Kon filmographies

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Vagabundo posted:

Considering there's verifiably documented, very concerted and effective efforts made to reduce or eliminate the ability of considerable populations including racial and socio-economic minorities you might wanna rethink this one champ

Now, Australia, we're a country that consistently votes against our self interests because we're absolute poo poo. We're a fair target.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hedrigall posted:

I’m now looking through my collection to see what director filmographies I’m close to completing.

I just need Jackie Brown and Death Proof to have a full Tarantino (I do have Grindhouse though)

And I have only three Kubrick films to get to complete his

Quite a few more to get all the Spielbergs and Coen Bros. Hmmm who else do I like

I think I’m half way through Carpenter. It’s just getting all the later and obscure stuff now. Like I’m not jumping for joy at Memoirs of an Invisible Man and Ghosts of Mars, but they’re on the shopping list. Lynch is the one I want to complete, but I think The Straight Story still needs a Blu Ray release.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I, Butthole posted:

Considering there's verifiably documented, very concerted and effective efforts made to reduce or eliminate the ability of considerable populations including racial and socio-economic minorities you might wanna rethink this one champ

Now, Australia, we're a country that consistently votes against our self interests because we're absolute poo poo. We're a fair target.

Also 0 evidence that politicians once in office legislate according to the preferences of their voters. Quite the opposite in fact!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's almost as if these are deeply rooted systemic issues going back decades because big business has put a very large investment into keeping these people in the seat of power and generally ensure that anyone who actually represents the interests of the little people never stands a chance of being elected to office.

fake edit: The use of "you lot" makes me think there's a good chance Vagabundo is from the UK. If this is an accurate guess, then holy poo poo talk about glass houses.

Liar Lyre posted:

I think I’m half way through Carpenter. It’s just getting all the later and obscure stuff now. Like I’m not jumping for joy at Memoirs of an Invisible Man and Ghosts of Mars, but they’re on the shopping list. Lynch is the one I want to complete, but I think The Straight Story still needs a Blu Ray release.

Why would you ever want to own a copy of Memoirs of an Invisible Man?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CPL593H posted:

To have a complete Carpenter filmography I guess. :shrug: Honestly, wouldn’t even be close to the worst thing in my collection already.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

It's almost as if these are deeply rooted systemic issues going back decades because big business has put a very large investment into keeping these people in the seat of power and generally ensure that anyone who actually represents the interests of the little people never stands a chance of being elected to office.

fake edit: The use of "you lot" makes me think there's a good chance Vagabundo is from the UK. If this is an accurate guess, then holy poo poo talk about glass houses.

It’s still better than The Ward!

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

Straight Story has a Japanese blu ray release that is (supposedly) pretty decent. Too bad Disney owns it in the US.

edit:
Also yeah Memoirs isn’t as bad as it’s reputation suggests IMO. The only truly bad movie in Carpenter’s filmography is The Ward.

melvinthemopboy3 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 8, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

To have a complete Carpenter filmography I guess. :shrug: Honestly, wouldn’t even be close to the worst thing in my collection already.

I hope this doesn't come off as dickish (it's not meant to be) but I will never understand completionists.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CPL593H posted:

The use of "you lot" makes me think there's a good chance Vagabundo is from the UK. If this is an accurate guess, then holy poo poo talk about glass houses.

Hey, that's a low blow. Same head of state, but Boris Johnson is not the PM of my country.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

CPL593H posted:

I hope this doesn't come off as dickish (it's not meant to be) but I will never understand completionists.

It’s compulsive behaviour

I had the complete MCU apart from Incredible Hulk because that movie stinks, but the gap bugged me so I waited til I found it for like $6

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CPL593H posted:

You’re good. I question it myself. I paid probably probably a little too much for Evil Town and Vice Academy 1-3 just to complete the Vinegar Syndrome Academy set. Hedrigall is right, it’s mostly compulsion.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hedrigall posted:

It’s compulsive behaviour

I had the complete MCU apart from Incredible Hulk because that movie stinks, but the gap bugged me so I waited til I found it for like $6

Was gunna say, at least that one is the one that’s permanently on sale lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I liked The Ward when I saw it, I didn't think it was terrible :shrug:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Vagabundo posted:

Hey, that's a low blow. Same head of state, but Boris Johnson is not the PM of my country.

We’re not playing twenty questions with you, dipshit.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Straight Story has a Japanese blu ray release that is (supposedly) pretty decent. Too bad Disney owns it in the US.

edit:
Also yeah Memoirs isn’t as bad as it’s reputation suggests IMO. The only truly bad movie in Carpenter’s filmography is The Ward.

I can vouch for the Straight Story blu ray, I got to see it in a semi-theatrical setting as part of a year of David Lynch films.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why does everyone bring up Straight Story being a Disney movie as a kiss of death for it's release? Like yeah it sucks it's currently in the vault and won't get a release until who knows when (or more likely it'll just pop up on Disney plus some day) but it also not like it's a movie I see them never releasing. Like it's Lynch, but it is a PG rated family film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

it’s on disney plus right now