Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

veni veni veni posted:

I know the MP5 is technically the best smg but the MP7 has always consistently treated me better.

Also the fennec but I admit it’s mostly that I just like the novelty of it.
If you have potato aim high-RoF guns like the MP7 and Fennec are going to be better for you

This isn't me trying to be insulting it's just that the faster a gun shoots the more forgiving it is of misses. I have pretty poo poo aim at times so I really appreciate the consistency of the (regular) Fennec when my MP5 decides to become hitmarker city due to me constantly hitting limbs or just flat out missing my first few shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I also prefer the MP7, it's raw max ttk is just a hair behind the MP5, but it gets a 60 round mag and with the long barrel its effective range is much better than the MP5 with the mono suppressor. And when you do just need to make it stretch it's recoil pattern is more forgiving and more horizontally stable.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In reality the RAM-7 is the best smg :haw:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I got platinum shotguns but don’t have gold on the VLK yet???

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rock paper Shotgun keeps posting these best Warzone weapons articles and this dude always lists the Oden as S tier and I think he might be the only person on earth that thinks that. Unless I missed the memo somewhere.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/05/best-guns-in-warzone-season-5-warzone-weapon-tier-list/

Not that I think the Oden is bad. It's pretty fun at short-medium range but it has to be one of the most challenging weapons in the game to use at long range but he's just been trucking along listing it as S tier for months even though almost no one uses it.

Honestly his whole list is just bizarre and wrong though.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

MF_James posted:

I don't bother kitting for range specifically, my mp5 has mono/longbarrel/tac/ranger/45rnd

I guess that is range lol but whatever, I prefer mono to the lightweight sup

If you don't care about range go for the integrated mono barrel on the MP5, frees up a slot. I use it for faster reload.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
I consider it S tier. It's still occupies my top custom load out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Rock paper Shotgun keeps posting these best Warzone weapons articles and this dude always lists the Oden as S tier and I think he might be the only person on earth that thinks that. Unless I missed the memo somewhere.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/05/best-guns-in-warzone-season-5-warzone-weapon-tier-list/

Not that I think the Oden is bad. It's pretty fun at short-medium range but it has to be one of the most challenging weapons in the game to use at long range but he's just been trucking along listing it as S tier for months even though almost no one uses it.

Laff yeah I check those updates out and he definitely is an Oden fan. It does hit pretty hard though. I would take a bruen over it for a similar or better ADS it just seems to do better at range.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

drunken officeparty posted:

I got platinum shotguns but don’t have gold on the VLK yet???

The added guns dont count towards platinum challenges not sure about Damascus though

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

veni veni veni posted:

The Ram over the m4? FAL not in S-tier?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The best smg is the uzi

i will entertain no argument

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

At release I used to melt people with it, especially on the bridge map since I could pretty reliably take the bridge and then melt people from above at range with single shots. I haven’t used it in war zone, though, it doesn’t feel suited for that at all.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I think the Odin is good

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Terminal autist posted:

The added guns dont count towards platinum challenges not sure about Damascus though

Well I can’t even open the special camo submenu to get rid of the green square and it is infuriating

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

also the UZI still kicks rear end with regular ammo it's just a drat good baby

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

drunken officeparty posted:

Well I can’t even open the special camo submenu to get rid of the green square and it is infuriating

The clear new indicators button is our lord and savior and you should bask in its warmth

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I’ve been liking uzi in floor loot so far

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The clear new indicators button is our lord and savior and you should bask in its warmth

I swear IW is listening in to my discord chats because that was something I said would be a good idea several times and then all of a sudden there it was!!

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Such awful framedrops since this patch. Like my lows used to be 90, now it's 40 in the middle of nowhere. Apparently it's reasonably widespread too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sometimes I get a huge dip from 90+ to 30-40 for a few seconds and then it jumps back up. Frustrating when it gets me killed! It seems to happen to me when someone throws smoke and the game is just about to spawn a billion smoke particles.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Did they change the netcode or something? I'm consistently dying even though I'm shooting first and it's hardcore.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Pivo posted:

Such awful framedrops since this patch. Like my lows used to be 90, now it's 40 in the middle of nowhere. Apparently it's reasonably widespread too.

The new oil rig map gives me terrible performance drops, mainly when I got the center area or look at the ocean.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The Oden is pretty solid floor loot, but I don't think I'd ever run with it normally. There are so many guns below that which I'd drop the Oden for immediately.

Bruen is still nuts. Went back to the grau for a bit, still really good, but bruen is just stupid. I'm gonna be a mess when they nerf it.

mls
Jun 6, 2006
You wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Pivo posted:

I’ve had the same issue, I was getting killed in situations where I had the advantage and normally prevail. Lowered my settings and it’s been much better.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Played Warzone with an old coworker and his cousins with voice chat and had a total blast.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Apparently trophy systems don’t block PILAs anymore.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/PPI5cih.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/nf3KXIt.gifv

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

We Know Catheters posted:

Did they change the netcode or something? I'm consistently dying even though I'm shooting first and it's hardcore.

Same. Every other MP game, and every WZ game, it feels like I'm 200ms behind everyone.

Until it's fixed, I'm melee-only in MP.

Also, every few MP games, my FOV changes to something low and won't change. Like playing through a telescope. Have to restart the game.

All new with the last patch.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/wsguGWD.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/wM9rsQE.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/oxYzT0w.gifv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wtf is the appeal of the ISO supposed to be?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Had someone dump a c4 on our helicopter while he was parachuting. I didn't even know you could do that. I can't molotov while I'm parachuting!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Oh man I bet he was tilted when he saw my killcam. Like "I just literally hopped up for a little peek-arooni!"

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1291961782387572736

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 8, 2020

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I don’t think the netcode was changed. Everyone plays and downloads on patch day, it’s just the servers taking a beating.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah it’s first weekend with new battle pass and double xp.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
playing with friends last night and in two matches we all saw some weird glitch/interference on our screens. sort of like an incoming broadcast but only flashed on screen for a few frames.

it was obviously intentional and im just curious if anybody else has seen this or knows what its about

Arvid
Oct 9, 2005

Hello Spaceman posted:

playing with friends last night and in two matches we all saw some weird glitch/interference on our screens. sort of like an incoming broadcast but only flashed on screen for a few frames.

it was obviously intentional and im just curious if anybody else has seen this or knows what its about

Yeah me and friend had the same thing playing warzone duos yesterday, no idea what it´s about though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1291799747175620608?s=21

New COD tease I guess

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tbh I couldn't be less interested in a new COD right now. They went so hard with MW 2019 I don't really give a poo poo about some new blops game I'll probably just keep playing this. Maybe I'll rent it and play the campaign if they don't do another blops 4 joke of a game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm pretty excited because cold war tech level is fun. and with how much I've gotten out of this, I think I'll play next one for a bit on momentum alone, even if it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah I honestly don't really want a new COD. Why would they try to make an ongoing ecosystem game (MW) and a new game entirely at the same time? Surely they must know that's just gonna splinter the playerbase. Unless they're going to discontinue MW's seasons as soon as it comes out which would be really lame.