Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

List of characters that arent in heroes: pent, athos, duessel, nasir, bastian, volke, lorenz, dedue

List of characters that are in heroes: darros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

hosed up that heroes only has one character

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, how do you have a Pirate-themed Momentus and not have Dart, Fargus, or Shanty motherfucking Pete? Yarr Harr Ho, I reckon ye be asleep at the wheel, IntSys, that I do.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

List of characters that arent in heroes: pent, athos, duessel, nasir, bastian, volke, lorenz, dedue

List of characters that are in heroes: darros

Uh Lorenz is in Heroes? With an uncomfortable beach outfit, true to Heroes fashion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Malpais Legate posted:

Uh Lorenz is in Heroes? With an uncomfortable beach outfit, true to Heroes fashion.
drat i forgot aboht the weird trend of chars who only have event versiond

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm working my way through Three Houses and I'm increasingly disliking Byleth. They're not a character, they're an extremely transparent avatar for the characters in the game to effusively praise and gush over the player. None of their supports are interesting whatsoever, it's really boring seeing all the other characters go "Oh my god the Professor is here! We've won!", and their growths are through the roof to the point that I feel like I'm cheating using Byleth.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can imagine a good character for Byleth but its more reading whats there and putting it together rather than it being in the game, yeah

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Pent got on last year's bridal banner, with Louise

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

rannum posted:

Pent got on last year's bridal banner, with Louise

power couple

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

My "x got in before y?!" heroes character is Mustafa

Who I am glad to see, make no mistake, but it is very funny we got him before a slew of other awakening characters.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
If they really feel that they absolutely must have a player self-insert for the characters to constantly praise, they should just do a tactician like FE7 again. They can still felate you saying "Hello [player name] you are so integral and irreplaceable to our victories!" without all the problems.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

it's still funny that reinhardt got in a year before leif, and is an incredibly dominating unit in the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the event-only characters seem to be their way of threading the needle of wanting lots of event characters, but also wanting to add new characters in at a decent rate

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Reinhardt was "who the gently caress is this guy"-tier and then Heroes turned him into a loving legend.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

reinhardt will get into fire emblem warriors 2 and be playable in shadows of thracia

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm working my way through Three Houses and I'm increasingly disliking Byleth. They're not a character, they're an extremely transparent avatar for the characters in the game to effusively praise and gush over the player. None of their supports are interesting whatsoever, it's really boring seeing all the other characters go "Oh my god the Professor is here! We've won!", and their growths are through the roof to the point that I feel like I'm cheating using Byleth.

There's good parts to Byleth. Like when you realise that even though the game never spells it out they probably learned to fish from Jeralt and that's kinda sweet. And um, conversations with Sothis maybe?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I enjoy the fact that they're actually supposed to be completely blank and unemotional and people love them anyways. It's goofy as hell.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

byleth is really into ghosts

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

rannum posted:

reinhardt will get into fire emblem warriors 2 and be playable in shadows of thracia

*have his own route in Shadows of Thracia.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

rannum posted:

My "x got in before y?!" heroes character is Mustafa

Who I am glad to see, make no mistake, but it is very funny we got him before a slew of other awakening characters.

Mustafa is also the only character in Heroes, and possibly any Fire Emblem game, to have nipples.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Byleth is a good character idea who unfortunately doesn't have any actual character because they're designed as a blank self-insert avatar.

Like, I am absolutely willing to play as this hard rear end mercenary with no emotions who both teaches children to kill while also learning from the children how to live, but like. I have to infer all of that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Byleth in Heroes plays up the teacher angle and its really nice. That stuff is there in their behavior in supports and dialog options, but it would be so much nicer if they yo uknow

talked

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love that Byleth's nickname is THE ASHEN DEMON

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mustafa is also the only character in Heroes, and possibly any Fire Emblem game, to have nipples.

mustafa has opened the flood gates

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Has anyone here tried the FE7 hack Immortal Sword? It looks really detailed and thorough.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That's 7x, isn't it? Unless something really big has changed, it's not technically a hack, it's running on its own engine. I enjoyed what I played of the early demos, but from what I remember hearing, the project has thoroughly crawled up its own rear end since then, both in terms of writing and game design.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/146804302306869248/741421791721029683/RoyDance4.mp4

This is Water's Blessing (Ice Blessing... Need to brainstorm a good name). Roy's Heritage skill under Ninian. It is a One-per-Map infinite range Dance. Imagine getting a free Anew staff every map. This is definitely one of the stronger skills, and speed runners and tactics players are going to get a kick out of figuring which turn is best for using that inspire, especially when they get their hands on Larum and her Sword Dance ability.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Astra a thing?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Wark Say posted:

Is Astra a thing?

We've been back and forth on Astra, it exists in one form, as Lyn's Heritage Skill to Roy, the way it works if for every 2 speed above the required 4 for doubling Roy has over an enemy, he'll deal an extra attack, up to a total of 5

So, Roy has 14 speed, Enemy has 10, Roy does 2 attacks. Roy has 16, He does 3. 18->4 and 20->5

As an individual skill, we've discussed the Astra Badge, which is an item that bestows a skill upon it. But we've also talked about just... not having any proc-skill badges like Sol, Luna etc. Because frankly... we've got a lot of features, a lot. And were really looking at things we decided to do and parring down, trying to find what isn't necessary and what to bring the scope down on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Has anyone here tried the FE7 hack Immortal Sword? It looks really detailed and thorough.

its very detailed and thorough but was written by people who think marcus talking about corpses rotting in poo poo and piss is a good tone for an fe7 prequel and the maps are too big

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

its very detailed and thorough but was written by people who think marcus talking about corpses rotting in poo poo and piss is a good tone for an fe7 prequel and the maps are too big

:sigh:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

the maps are too big
I love big maps! :dance:

Endorph posted:

its very detailed and thorough but was written by people who think marcus talking about corpses rotting in poo poo and piss is a good tone for an fe7 prequel and...
:ohno:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/146804302306869248/741421791721029683/RoyDance4.mp4

This is Water's Blessing (Ice Blessing... Need to brainstorm a good name). Roy's Heritage skill under Ninian. It is a One-per-Map infinite range Dance. Imagine getting a free Anew staff every map. This is definitely one of the stronger skills, and speed runners and tactics players are going to get a kick out of figuring which turn is best for using that inspire, especially when they get their hands on Larum and her Sword Dance ability.

Oh, good, I now have a mechanical reason to give Roy his best mother.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Is this exclusive to Wendy or is it universal? Cause I gotta say, it’s a real pain going back to games without Shove

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:getin:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Scrap Dragon posted:

Is this exclusive to Wendy or is it universal? Cause I gotta say, it’s a real pain going back to games without Shove

All infantry units can shove, those with higher cons can shove those with equal or lower cons. Mounted can't shove.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Onmi posted:

All infantry units can shove, those with higher cons can shove those with equal or lower cons. Mounted can't shove.

This is going to be extremely fun.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Onmi posted:

Ah CON, my old nemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
What hack even is this? Because this looks cool.