Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hello All, please appreciate Die Antwoord in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i like the antwoord but i DO believe some of their success is the result of their rumoured dark witchcraft rituals and i DO live in fear they will find me and hex me. my favourite song is enter the ninja.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

R.L. Stine posted:

i like the antwoord but i DO believe some of their success is the result of their rumoured dark witchcraft rituals and i DO live in fear they will find me and hex me. my favourite song is enter the ninja.

I will definitely make sure *not* to send your name to them for ritual curses

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Hey Fatty Boom Boom

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I fink u freeky op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

arent they terrible? i mean their music is terrible but they are also racist abusers. shows cancelled for 'homophobic hate crime'. nice!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Derpies posted:

I fink u freeky op

I like you a lot

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

arent they terrible? i mean their music is terrible but they are also racist abusers. shows cancelled for 'homophobic hate crime'. nice!

Wow that sounds like the opinion of someone who doesnt know them

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
They are garbage like Anamanaguchi or Kero Kero Bonito but from South African. Painful music.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Insane clown posse south africa edition and the worlds hottest ugly girl

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Wait those loving hobgoblins from Chappie are real people? Ahahaha.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Ninja and Yolandi had an earlier project Constructus Corporation that did some cool weird experimental hip hop before they were YouTube hitmakers die antwoord.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZFAv_Ix-vA

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Watkin Tudor Jones AKA Ninja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-D2BFpULzU

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 8, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They make some cool music, but like the majority of white south africans they are poo poo-tier humans

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

look at die antwoord through the lens of the below clip and gain new insights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecHKtUXPy8

from 3:20 if you are lazy

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Didn't ninja rape some Aussie chick

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

I like the music video where the plot and imagery is of the girl being a sexualized preteen.

Did i say 'like'? I meant 'view with suspicion any person who enjoys'

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
[video type=""]https://youtu.be/KbW9JqM7vho[/video]

One of the greatest anti-ritual circumcision works to date. :discourse:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

They are garbage like Anamanaguchi or Kero Kero Bonito but from South African. Painful music.

Was it really necessary to mention an unrelated good chiptune band calling them garbage in order to prove a point about Dry Shitewood failing to live up to even be sampled by the actually talented hiphop/electo artists? Get your bad youtube memes straight bro.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NINJAS BIBLE

i love this book more than anything... busy reading it for the 5th time

i think i read it for the 1st time around 10 years ago...

i noticed during this 5th read (and was kind of amazed) at how much this book has pretty much 'sculpted' my current head space...

and that Die Antwoord blew up cos of what we learned from THE FOUNTAINHEAD...

there are SOOO many strange parrallells between Die Antwoords adventures over the last 6 years, and this story, which was first published in 1936!

the underlying principle of this juicy rear end book is that there are 2 types of people in the world: -parasites or creators

its easy to get ahead in life kinda quickly being a parasite...

but very difficult to get ahead in life being a truly original creator...

parasites eventually fall off and fade away because they feed off others like a tick...

while creators are rooted in the inexhaustible mystery of their inner being

there are obviously more parasites than creators in the world, and so parasites often get together and freak out when a super creator rizes to power

some parasites might even become maniacally obsessed with one super creator in particular and make it their lifes mission to 'bring down' this unstoppable force

the obsessive compulsive parasite will think of the super creator ALL the time

while the super creator might never even register the poor parasites existence

its pretty amazing stuff

i think the bottom line is:

humans dont really have any functional need for art, like they need food, clothing and shelter...

...but our souls need art to recognize themselves

xx n

ps: and oh yes...

muddafukkaz either LOVE this poo poo

or they HATE it with all thier might....

guess who loves it guess who hates it

lol

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Stunt_enby posted:

NINJAS BIBLE

i noticed during this 5th read (and was kind of amazed) at how much this book has pretty much 'sculpted' my current head space...

there are SOOO many strange parrallells between Die Antwoords adventures over the last 6 years, and this story, which was first published in 1936!

the underlying principle of this juicy rear end book is that there are 2 types of people in the world: -parasites or creators

parasites eventually fall off and fade away because they feed off others like a tick...

there are obviously more parasites than creators in the world, and so parasites often get together and freak out when a super creator rizes to power

some parasites might even become maniacally obsessed with one super creator in particular and make it their lifes mission to 'bring down' this unstoppable force

its pretty amazing stuff

humans dont really have any functional need for art, like they need food, clothing and shelter...

xx n

lol

wot

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Stunt_enby posted:

NINJAS BIBLE

its pretty amazing stuff

xx n

lol

I tried to climb on a painter once and suck some blood from them but it was really awkward and I quickly fell off, so I guess that post checks out

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

The_Continental posted:

the majority of white south africans they are poo poo-tier humans

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

Didn't ninja rape some Aussie chick

idk about raped, but he was banging some girl way younger than him who looked disturbingly similar to his daughter

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

and the worlds hottest ugly girl

Nah. I reckon Beth Ditto from Gossip is both hotter and uglier than whatserface from Die Antwoord.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I thought they were interesting when I first heard of them a couple years back because it was new to me and I thought their videos were watchable and at least a few of their songs pretty catchy and fun to listen to.

I assumed they were cashing in on a "gimmick" of "just how actually incestual and weird are these weird looking South African white trash people as an act". I said "ok cool" and forgot about them for maybe a year +.
Then later I heard they were doing some bad poo poo and never looked into it because I don't really give a poo poo.

WELL that's my Die Antwoord LIFE LESSON hope u enjoyed

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ninja posted a picture of him in Chappie on Instagram one time and I commented that the robot was a better actor than he was. He replied back saying that he didn't care for the opinion of worms.

Four hours later after scrolling through literally hundreds of my Instagram photos going back years to find a photo of me he replies back accurately describing me, a person who shaves their head as bald and then blocks me. I presume he got a little steamed about my comment to even bother to spend time looking through my photos hours later.

Ninja is overly precious for someone in the entertainment business. Also he is a poo poo rapper.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was really into and they were one of my favorite bands, I saw them live like 2-3 times.

Then I stopped doing hard needle drugs.

Now I listen to one or two songs on a playlist every once in a while and wonder out loud how I know the lyrics to every verse.

They are much, much better rappers than anyone gives them credit for and their beats are sick.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whats an antword

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Durrr antwoord

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats an antword

An answer

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Hey Ninja, stop all the rapin mate

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/die-antwoord-zheani-sparkes-allegation/

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Their early stuff is good their last album is poo poo with Jack black and dita von Teese wtf

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
:yikes: rich white south Africans

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this is a must-watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqa8p1xbjds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's ..bizarrely relatable in a "I could see that happening to me if put into that situation in a dream" way.