Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The whole thing is streaming here, it would seem.

Track 23 is Ice Train's WCW theme, some of the other ones sound super familiar but I can't tell if it's because they're old jobber themes or like using a loop they stole from DJ Premier or Jazzy Jeff or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edge & Christian posted:

The whole thing is streaming here, it would seem.

Track 23 is Ice Train's WCW theme, some of the other ones sound super familiar but I can't tell if it's because they're old jobber themes or like using a loop they stole from DJ Premier or Jazzy Jeff or something.

Good find! "Rap Sheet" definitely the best choice out of that whole album.

DeathChicken posted:

I assume it was Jimmy Hart doing the laughing over Booker T's theme?

Rather not as the laugh is present on that original track.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jimmy hart was in kraftwerk and his rip-off themes were a much-misunderstood art project

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

oh but seriously I posted:

jimmy hart was in kraftwerk and his rip-off themes were a much-misunderstood art project

He's The Mouth and he is looking good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mysterio couldn't have been 21 in WCW. Maybe when he was in ECW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

He was 21 when he debuted in WCW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Don't forget he began wrestling at 14

Dude must be in a stupid amount of pain every day

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't he on his third pair of knees?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Isn't he on his third pair of knees?

at least

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Lucky for him that just happens to be Aniston's fetish.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A 'laying in bed' thought.
You are in purgatory. Your only way to Heaven is to book a match between Mil Mascaras and Hulk Hogan. The requirements are:
1) It takes place in a 20k seat arena in a Texas sanctuary town.
2) There must be a clean finish for one of the parties.
3) Both Hogan and Mascaras have creative control.
4) If you use unethical tactics you go to hell instead of heaven.
5) Just for the sake of clarity you're in a loop. If you fail to convince one of them to do the job you get to try again in the purgatory equivalent of a week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

You are in purgatory. Your only way to Heaven is to book a match between Mil Mascaras and Hulk Hogan. The requirements are:
5) Just for the sake of clarity you're in a loop. If you fail to convince one of them to do the job you get to try again in the purgatory equivalent of a week.

Would just keep booking draws so I could hang out with Mil Mascars for all eternity since the actual solution is obvious, Mil Mascaras shoots on Hogan and taps him out with his judo. Hogan is convinced to tap out by Mil's hold and Mil shooting on Hogan fulfills all righteousness.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ChrisBTY posted:

Is it unethical if you promise Hogan that in exchange for doing the job he'll get to pin every wrestler in Mexico at the next show?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Would just keep booking draws so I could hang out with Mil Mascars for all eternity since the actual solution is obvious, Mil Mascaras shoots on Hogan and taps him out with his judo. Hogan is convinced to tap out by Mil's hold and Mil shooting on Hogan fulfills all righteousness.

Is encouraging Mil to hurt Hogan and negotiating in bad faith with Hogan ethical? I mean in that context is it really any different from the Montreal screwjob? If he does it on his own? That's fine. Also would Mil really be that fun to hang out with? I really don't know that much about him.

overmind2000 posted:

Is it unethical if you promise Hogan that in exchange for doing the job he'll get to pin every wrestler in Mexico at the next show?

Gray area. If I'm God I allow it.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 8, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

#4 is a trick question, there are no unethical moves when you are booking Hogan.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

ChrisBTY posted:

Montreal screwjob

Bret the Crybaby Hart. He should have dropped the belt like a team player instead of all the bullshit he talked. His WCW run was so unremarkable other than Goldberg kicking him in the head.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

excellent bird guy posted:

Bret the Crybaby Hart. He should have dropped the belt like a team player instead of all the bullshit he talked. His WCW run was so unremarkable other than Goldberg kicking him in the head.

now it looks like the bird is saying it, this is funny to me because it is something you would not expect a bird to do

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Now I wish there was footage of Hogan trying to legit pin someone like Sting did to Jeff Hardy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DJExile posted:

now it looks like the bird is saying it, this is funny to me because it is something you would not expect a bird to do

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

DJExile posted:

Asinine. Ridiculous. Nonsense.

Birds aren't real.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Flight Bisque posted:

Birds aren't real.

Are you saying Koko B. Ware was a liar?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Flight Bisque posted:

Birds aren't real.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

The match is 2/3 falls match. The loser gets the first fall. Determine the winner by getting a coin from each of them. Flip both coins and one guy wins if both coin are the same, the other will win if they are different. Make it clear you are not favoring one or the other, but are leaving it up to fate.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Are you saying Koko B. Ware was a liar?

WWF's prop and costume department is REALLY good, they probably fooled Koko.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Defiance Industries posted:

#4 is a trick question, there are no unethical moves when you are booking Hogan.
I guess this is a company structure question, but couldn't you argue that there's no ethical consumption under Hulkamania?

Merely signing a contract to use Hulk Hogan in your promotion is arguably unethical, assuming the dream is taking place in 2020.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We're talking about purgatory. It exists out of time and space, Hogan and Mil arn't actually real and are represented as being in their physical and popular primes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hogan gets the pin on a man wearing a Mascaras Mask, but gets jumped by 2 other luchadores at the end of the match. The real Mil comes out and beats up the rudo's revealing it to be Canek and the match ends with both Mil and Hogan pinning Canek

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You ask one of them nicely, saying "pretty please" and everything, to please try his hardest and then lose. I'm sure they would do the right thing as they both seem like such charming, honest, and wholesome fellows.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Mascaras pins Hogan in a controversial 3-count, but afterwards he beats up Mascaras and unmasks him. The head underneath the mask is Hogan's own, and it comes off in his hands as he screams.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Halloween Jack posted:

Mascaras pins Hogan in a controversial 3-count, but afterwards he beats up Mascaras and unmasks him. The head underneath the mask is Hogan's own, and it comes off in his hands as he screams.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Hogan and Mascaras have a 45 minute barn-burner where they both get over with the crowd and appear to be equally matched in skill, strength, stamina, and respect for one another.

Then Ric Flair shows up with a microphone, saying that he's kidnapped a school full of orphans, and if anyone ever wants to see them again Hogan has to take the fall.

Hogan, being the ultimate babyface, offers to do the favors for the sake of the orphaned children. Mascaras stops Hogan, telling him that he has video footage proving that Ric Flair is lying about kidnapping orphans (this video is not shown). Mascaras then offers to do the favors for Hogan, just to spite Ric Flair.

Dario Cueto appears out of nowhere to announce that the match is now a handicap match, Hogan and Mascaras vs. Flair. Flair is pinned in 5 minutes by both opponents at the same time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bischoffs expression always makes me laugh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is this only for bad WCW stuff? Because I stumbled onto some Twitch stream playing endless Nitros and PPVs back to back and it's been pretty fun. Just started Starrcade 98 and gently caress, the first matches were Kidman/Rey/Juvi for the Cruiserweight Title followed immediately by Kidman/Eddie. About 25 minutes in total. It loving ruled.

Seeing this old Kidman stuff makes it make sense that they would try to make him a big name with a feud against Hogan but, of course, they botched it. He was fun to watch and the crowd was really into him. Terrible shooting star press, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is this only for bad WCW stuff? Because I stumbled onto some Twitch stream playing endless Nitros and PPVs back to back and it's been pretty fun. Just started Starrcade 98 and gently caress, the first matches were Kidman/Rey/Juvi for the Cruiserweight Title followed immediately by Kidman/Eddie. About 25 minutes in total. It loving ruled.

Seeing this old Kidman stuff makes it make sense that they would try to make him a big name with a feud against Hogan but, of course, they botched it. He was fun to watch and the crowd was really into him. Terrible shooting star press, though.

This is the WCW thread for all things good and bad although you might want to turn that show off after those two matches.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

This is the WCW thread for all things good and bad although you might want to turn that show off after those two matches.

Yeah, the rest has been pretty bad and I remember what's coming in the main event. But, it's nice background noise either way while lounging around or playing Stardew Valley.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I paid several tens of dollars to see Starrcade '98 and Kidman was my favorite wrestler, so as disappointing as the main event was, I felt like my money was well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think the last wcw ppv that my uncle ordered was whichever one had buff daddy vs roddy piper in a boxing match. i excused myself maybe two matches in to play pod racers 64 with my cousin instead. sebulba was overpowered. i had stopped watching nitro and thunder long before then though. i'd occasionally watch saturday night but sometime in late 1998 it just turned into a clip show, or maybe i hit a bad stretch of weeks but thats when i quit watching outright. i think goldberg's streak ending (which i didnt see, only heard about) was the first time i thought the wrestling company was stupid, rather than the wrestlers.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 10, 2020