Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

el dingo posted:

I got thai on the way. You know when theres 50% off on deliveroo and you think you're gonna eat on the cheap but in reality you just order loads of starters and end up with the same bill, did that

i delivered thai today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bobby Deluxe posted:

unfortunately he was stressing out the guinea pigs, who we had first and you need to brush them and hoover the floors every day

could you not just vacuum the cat directly

why whole-rear end two jobs when you can quarter-rear end one job

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Galewolf posted:

Speaking of Tuna,

I couldn't reach to a vet but some pet owners certainly found that price tag excessive (though, most of them are Turkish so couple of people also complained about vet prices in here).

Not helpful at all, I know. Sorry about that.:smith:

I forgot to update!

So I talked with the vet about it and there's a few options. It might be possible to do the operation without a CT scan which would reduce the costs by about 1, 1.2k. There is also the option of just pulling the polyp even though it's behind her eardrum. The vet was reluctant to do that as an easy fix unless it was necessary as it has a high chance of coming back and is not something she would normally do due to the delicate nature of eardrums. If she did pull it, it could buy me some time, enough to get her insured for pre existing conditions, which then would obviously cover the eventual surgery should it be needed. She has to go 3 months without treatment for her ear for that to work.

But 3k is high. I also really love this vet. She's sedated tuna 3 times for ear investigation, gave me medicine for free and only charged me for one sedation. Shes been a part of my time with Tuna since the beginning and I feel confident she wouldn't be taking me for a ride.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Natalie Fartman posted:

You say that to most brits and they look at you in horror. Cats should be able to frolick in the grass, climb trees, eat birds, get overfed by neighbours and run over outside their house

... Tuna is an indoor cat

I spent ten years living in America where indoors cat is normal :shobon:

Total sympathy btw, two of my old cats had to have half their teeth out at $1000 each because genetics.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Well, that's a good range of options for her I'm relieved a bit more. :unsmith:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

feedmegin posted:

I spent ten years living in America where indoors cat is normal :shobon:

UK cats are considered free agents, who may choose to live under a particular roof but this indicates no liability on the part of the home owners.

I went to the gym for the 1st time since March today. It was all very sensibly set up, with limits on the numbers who could enter, sanitizer everywhere and staff keeping an eye on things. I thought I'd been sensible and cautious myself, but I'm aching in all kinds of areas now. A set of dumb bells at home is no substitute for a properly-equipped gym.

Pistol_Pete fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 8, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Natalie Fartman posted:

I also let her have supervised grass munching time and she's chill and doesn't really go immediately out of the area outside my back door

:3: pretty kitty, looks like she is contemplating mischief

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pistol_Pete posted:

UK cats are considered free agents, who may choose to live under a particular roof but this indicates no liability on the part of the home owners.

I went to the gym for the 1st time since March today. It was all very sensibly set up, with limits on the numbers who could enter, sanitizer everywhere and staff keeping an eye on things. I thought I'd been sensible and cautious myself, but I'm aching in all kinds of areas now. A set of dumb bells at home is no substitute for a properly-equipped gym.

The virus is airborne though dude, doesn't matter if they obsessively clean the equipment if you're in the path of a cloud of roni bro breath. And that stuff spreads around everywhere, specially when people are exerting themselves without masks on.

I'm missing the gym like hell but you're a braver man than me

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Gyms and indoor group sports are a no-no for me yet even if the staff goes full on hazmat suit clean the entire area but yeah more power to you if you go

I went to Shoreham and swam with my shorts along with my fellow bald, tattooed lobster people. Ngl, it felt amazing, come @ me bruv.

The beach was big enough to not get near anyone and keep like 10 m distance but there were alot of people and I can't imagine Brighton beach.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Someone has painted “SCAMDEMIC” on a bench in my local park. Makes me think of dodgy research papers or fake degrees rather than diseases - scam academic.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol my brother's just sent me a picture from the ba lounge at Heathrow with his wife and 6 month year old. Dunno why I bother.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've taken two flights in the last few weeks and the airports were basically empty and the planes less than 1/3 full, with 100% adherence to distancing and mask wearing etc. Meanwhile on the trains I took in the UK I had one woman who sounded like she was coughing up a lung while wearing a mask around her chin and another guy get on fresh from football practice with absolutely no clothing, mask or otherwise, on above his waist. Airports are some of the safest places to be in public right now.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

I've taken two flights in the last few weeks and the airports were basically empty and the planes less than 1/3 full, with 100% adherence to distancing and mask wearing etc. Meanwhile on the trains I took in the UK I had one woman who sounded like she was coughing up a lung while wearing a mask around her chin and another guy get on fresh from football practice with absolutely no clothing, mask or otherwise, on above his waist. Airports are some of the safest places to be in public right now.

are we trying to out-do America what the gently caress is going on

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020
Went to the pub with my dog and shared a beer and some pork scratchings.

We sat outside, but only because it was sunny. It was lovely.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol my brother's just sent me a picture from the ba lounge at Heathrow with his wife and 6 month year old. Dunno why I bother.

Bother doing what?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The uk is the america of europe

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hmmm. Thanks thats interesting, its really difficult to know whats what. I mean to be honest theyre on holiday with their mates, so they dont need to do it at all rather than it just being preferable to a train. In a big shared rented house. Youre tying your fate to all these other people, have they done the right thing? (whatever that is?) And that diagram where people exponentially pass it on. But whatever, I'm so tired of judging friends and family on it all.

Dogatron posted:

Bother doing what?

the right thing

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

fridge corn posted:

lol yeah we're basically the laughing stock of the rest of the world. pretty cool to be on idiot island.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

fridge corn posted:

It's more accurate to say that the USA is the UK of America.

What ever evil thing the US did, it was invented in Britain, and certainly done before by the UK.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

the right thing

I know you are not Spike Lee, so do you care to elucidate slightly?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

our neighbour has reopened his airbnb hotel

which has one shared bathroom

thanks you oval office

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

our neighbour has reopened his airbnb hotel

which has one shared bathroom

thanks you oval office

Punch him in the dick.

Cornwall is loving chaos at the moment, I want to go to the beach and do normal daily things but I can't because the whole county is full of idiots on their staycations with their disease ridden sweaty carcasses.

One of the nail salons locally has just had to close because a woman booked in to have her nails done and an hour after the appointment messages telling the technician that she had tested positive for covid two days earlier but needed to get her nails done while down here on holiday.
Ridiculous

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

But whatever, I'm so tired of judging friends and family on it all.

This is it, and it is loving exhausting. But ultimately you can't control what other people do, you can just make risk assessments for yourself and do what you feel comfortable doing.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Salisbury Snape posted:

One of the nail salons locally has just had to close because a woman booked in to have her nails done and an hour after the appointment messages telling the technician that she had tested positive for covid two days earlier but needed to get her nails done while down here on holiday.
Ridiculous

is that true? im pretty sure that's something you could be arrested for

though im at the gently caress THE POLICE stage of the evening.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

like seriously the police loving suck. there's a bike thief who's been going round threatening people with a knife and they've done poo poo all, they lock him up for a night then let him out and he's back to the same thing the next day BUT they're paying like 20 police officers to enforce some insane one-way system (only for bikes) on a shared path here today.

like telling people to get off their bikes if you're coming from one direction because today the bike lane is one way today even though it wasn't yesterday???? wtf. why are police doing that and why so many officers?

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53705172

Can see this kicking off soon if the hot weather continues.

With the Graham Park thing going on.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

hemale in pain posted:

is that true? im pretty sure that's something you could be arrested for

though im at the gently caress THE POLICE stage of the evening.

I'm pretty sure it's 100% illegal.
My wife will get me an update on Monday when she's back in work, small town and the hair and beauty industry being close knit or something.

I'm at the point where I have no faith left in humanity, we are surrounded by idiots with zero common sense.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lol they are doing work on rail line behind our house and they're literally taking massive angle grinders to the rails. It's nearly midnight haha

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Salisbury Snape posted:

Ridiculous

Oh my god this is enraging

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dogatron posted:

I know you are not Spike Lee, so do you care to elucidate slightly?

only spike lee could know this and im as likely to be spike lee as you are

Regarding the police, I'm pretty lucky but i also have cause to take their name in vain this week as they have neglected to charge a person in a domestic abuse case relevant to me that really just needs to happen.

In terms of doing the right thing, I havent been to the pub since lockdown began, this doesnt make me any good particularly but its an easy one to do when you're kind of being dragged in different directions by people. I don't mean to judge anyone elses situation as you all know your own poo poo and frankly that all up to each of you. For me I have loved ones dragging me in diametrically opposed directions whilst also discussing how poo poo each other are which I have indulged in because gossip is juicy. But between new mothers and fathers, vulnerable young ones, depressed girlfriends, disappointed grandparents, forlorn friends and my complete lack of a dog to stare at me lovingly it feels a perilous course to navigate. And I'm sure I have it relatively easy.

lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Lol they are doing work on rail line behind our house and they're literally taking massive angle grinders to the rails. It's nearly midnight haha

that could have been you!

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

TTerrible posted:

Oh my god this is enraging

I just don't understand the logic behind booking and attending an appointment knowing you had tested positive for covid, yet feeling the guilt or obligation to inform the salon afterwards that they should isolate because of this.
Why put someone in that position in the first place over having your nails prettied up.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nails are important

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ask jesus

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Regarding the police, I'm pretty lucky but i also have cause to take their name in vain this week as they have neglected to charge a person in a domestic abuse case relevant to me that really just needs to happen.

In terms of doing the right thing, I havent been to the pub since lockdown began, this doesnt make me any good particularly but its an easy one to do when you're kind of being dragged in different directions by people. I don't mean to judge anyone elses situation as you all know your own poo poo and frankly that all up to each of you. For me I have loved ones dragging me in diametrically opposed directions whilst also discussing how poo poo each other are which I have indulged in because gossip is juicy. But between new mothers and fathers, vulnerable young ones, depressed girlfriends, disappointed grandparents, forlorn friends and my complete lack of a dog to stare at me lovingly it feels a perilous course to navigate. And I'm sure I have it relatively easy.

lol

Get a dog and post photos of it relentlessly

If it's a big dog I'll give someone itt a 6 hour probation

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

He's a little hung up on the matter

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol

Fair enough, mate. Sorry to touch a nerve.

I've been down the pub a few times with Cromwell, my dog. I did a comprehensive health and safety assessment for both of us and my family.

Despite spending all of March and April and May working as a nurse assisting in intubations of Covid patients and working in ITU, I failed to get ill. Many of my work mates did. I spent a lot of time with them not wearing PPE. We worked 60 hour weeks together, not wearing facemasks when we were not looking after patients. We shared very small coffee rooms and kitchens.

Going down the pub is not scary for me. If I was going to catch Covid, it would have happened by now.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

this is all very well but is it a big dog?

edit... really sorry can't leave this bit in particular

Dogatron posted:

If I was going to catch Covid, it would have happened by now.

this is daft

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 9, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Your dog is called Cromwell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He only frequents Irish pubs with the dog