Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kestral posted:

What are the high-priority things to do or acquire since Scarlet Spear ended? I wrung that event for all it was worth and had a solid endgame setup for the time (lich weapons, maxed out railjack, etc), and used the end of Scarlet Spear as a good point to take a break. Looking to get back in for Heart of Deimos, and use the time between now and the 25th to catch up on the best / most interesting content I’ve missed. Any suggestions?

The Protea quest is cool, do that. There is also a new NW that's..kind of here. Your probably aware of the Warframe recycling system they introduced for Deimos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

The Shortest Path posted:

Could someone give me a quick down-low on how to build 1) melee weapons after the melee 3.0 update and 2) status guns after the status changes? It's really hard to find things which aren't years out of date by doing searches.

Combo Build: stack and maintain combo, never do heavy attacks
Condition Overload
Blood Rush
Berserker
Primed Reach
Primed Fever Strike or 60/60 toxin
60/60 cold
-- Pick 2
Primed Fury or Quickening
Drifting Contact
Organ Shatter
Weeping Wounds

Usually more attack speed is best. Drifting Contact is necessary to sustain combo reliably if you don't run Naramon focus tree for slower combo decay. Organ Shatter is kind of weak, but usually worth it if the weapon has better than 2.0x base crit multiplier. Weeping Wounds is often the odd one out, but can fit if you run Naramon consistently and use weapons that want to skip Organ Shatter. Weeping Wounds also works well on something like Lesion that has innate toxin to combine into viral with only 1 elemental mod. Also you can run Primed Pressure Point and Sacrificial Steel over Condition Overload and Blood Rush if you don't want to worry about combo or build up time at all.

Heavy Attack Build: ignores combo, only does heavy attacks
Primed Pressure Point
Sacrificial Steel
Berserker
Primed Fury
Primed Reach
Amalgam Organ Shatter
Killing Blow
Corrupt Charge

The idea is to use this build with a forced slash proc heavy attack weapon, the bleed damage from one swing is enough to murder basically anything. Use with: Pennant, Scythes, Nikanas, Rapier, Whips. Pennant and Scythes are the best heavy attack weapons but zaw Rapiers and Nikanas can give energy regen with the Exodia Brave arcane and are still pretty good. If you want to run heavy attacks on other weapon types and aren't 1-shotting you could try adding on viral.

Status Guns: put some viral, then stack as much heat as possible
Damage
Multishot
Cold
Toxin
Heat
Heat
Heat
Vigilante Armaments or Fire Rate

Status weapons can stack viral fast, and it has no benefit after 10 stacks. Heat stacks to ridiculously high amounts and is enhanced by viral. Stack as much heat as you can and burn stuff down.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Got it, looks like Protea and Nightwave are my priorities, because god help me, weird crystal stuff is 100% my aesthetic.

Are the new primary kitguns worth building for anything other than mastery?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

They don't give mastery if you already got mastery from the secondaries. Tombfinger is the only standout.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you've already built the secondaries they don't even give you MR, since kitgun mastery is chamber-based and that (i.e. catchmoon, tombfinger) stays the same

also they're not worth building really, no

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hm maybe I'll have to revisit Hydroid soon. Was his new deluxe skin coming with the big patch or will it be later?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Psion posted:

also they're not worth building really, no

This is a pretty weird thing to say. Gaze, Tombfinger, and Rattleguts are all really good, competitive with the best primaries in the game. They're just not an order of magnitude better than every other gun like the secondary versions are.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Kestral posted:

I've heard a gaze primary is worthwhile.

The major thing holding them back is 0.5 riven disposition. The rivens you already had work on them, they're just poo poo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hm maybe I'll have to revisit Hydroid soon. Was his new deluxe skin coming with the big patch or will it be later?

it should be, yeah

i've said it multiple times before, but hydroid is well worth checking out. he's just really fun to putz around as, and given how easy warframe is you kind of don't really need to run hypermodded 'optimal' things all the time so you might as well enjoy watching your enemies take the great slip-and-slide into oblivion.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Kestral posted:

Got it, looks like Protea and Nightwave are my priorities, because god help me, weird crystal stuff is 100% my aesthetic.

Protea is loving fun as hell too, and probably the best thing they added since Gauss

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My Disruption nightmare is over and I have Gauss and holy poo poo I love you the Flash. Should I just build him for duration for Redline or what?

e: Also, how should I be building Acceltra? I'm not going to even bother with the secondary because my Kuva Nukor will never leave my hands, but for a primary it looks neat, and I have it, so.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The same as any crit primary, but with ammo mutation

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

e: Also, how should I be building Acceltra? I'm not going to even bother with the secondary because my Kuva Nukor will never leave my hands, but for a primary it looks neat, and I have it, so.

BMan posted:

The same as any crit primary, but with ammo mutation

BMan is correct, but in more detail:

https://overframe.gg/build/8785/

Since we got exilus weapon slots, the ammo mutation doesn't even take up space for a real mod!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Is there a projectile rifle that's actually worth using these days? I used to love my Acceltra, but boy did the nerf hit it really loving hard.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Kestral posted:

Is there a projectile rifle that's actually worth using these days? I used to love my Acceltra, but boy did the nerf hit it really loving hard.

Tombfinger primary, Stahlta, Kuva Tonkor, secura penta. Exergis, and uh, fulmin.

Some of these have autofire hitscan slapped atop their projectile. Some fall off later at higher level tho.

I was thinking of putting some forma in to acceltra. Did they nerf the stats or just the riven disposition? How did the nerf take shape rather?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheParadigm posted:

I was thinking of putting some forma in to acceltra. Did they nerf the stats or just the riven disposition? How did the nerf take shape rather?

It got hit by the explosion damage falloff change.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kestral posted:

define rifle

because the Kuva Ogris is amazing but it's a rocket launcher that only technically counts as a rifle for purposes of getting into rifle-only sorties

if you want something more literal a Tombfinger primary should do just fine

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Kestral posted:

this gaze build is good https://overframe.gg/build/52640/gaze/warframe-tier-list-torment/
think of it is an ignis wraith with shorter range but higher damage
(unfortunately it really does need like 5-6 forma before it's good, ignis wraith is like 4 or less?)

TheParadigm posted:

The major thing holding them back is 0.5 riven disposition. The rivens you already had work on them, they're just poo poo.
All the primary kitguns got their riven dispo increased, Gaze is 0.65 now. Unrolled rivens are still only like 10-20p for Gaze

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I wanted to say thanks for the recent breakdowns for steel path hildryn and baruuk. Does anyone have a similiar khora?

Just solid builds for the whole nine yards from statstick to venari?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Did the different focus trees ever get updated? I never really got to the point where I knew what the gently caress I was doing there anyways.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 9, 2020

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I don't think there's been a focus tree update since it first launched

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There have been a few, but nothing major since 2017.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The biggest deal is just to rush Zenurik for a maxed out Energizing Dash. It's a big quality of life improvement for the whole game. Beyond that is Caring Territory and people more into eidolons and other poo poo will have to answer what's worth getting.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Kestral posted:

Stahlta

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

TheParadigm posted:

I wanted to say thanks for the recent breakdowns for steel path hildryn and baruuk. Does anyone have a similiar khora?

Just solid builds for the whole nine yards from statstick to venari?

Khora is very flexible. Main thing you want is 175 or 190 range. Then good efficiency for spamming whip. I like to run Fleeting Expertise by itself for 160. Her whip's damage scales from three sources and you don't have to use all of them. Biggest damage contributor is the stat stick, and for non-steel path it's all you need. Next biggest contributor is Accumulating Whipclaw aug. Then finally power strength. I find stat stick + the aug handles steel path fine, but some strength isn't awful. You don't want to completely tank duration due to how well her 2 amps Whipclaw's damage.

Basic build looks like this, with umbral forma swapped to a matched polarity on any other slot:

overframe.gg

If you want tankiness Adaptation is fairly good for her, but I've found the only damage she struggles with in steel path is bombard rockets and neither Adapation or Fiber really helps. Umbral Vitality + Umbral Fiber technically survives a rocket with like 60hp, but that is still dead a lot of the time. Intensify and Hunter Adrenaline are the best swap candiates for tank mods or any other flex. Hunter Adrenaline could be swapped to Flow as well. Khora can run into energy problems if stuff isn't dying fast enough and it's nice to have some kind of boost to her energy situation.

Stat stick build:

You want to avoid attack speed and range. Status is less important than crit. Blood Rush will work better than Sacrificial Steel if you're going longer than the 3-4 minutes that most steel path missions take or if you're fighting steel path grineer without any outside armor stripping help. Running pure toxin for corpus works extremely well. If no riven or syndicate mod run Drifting Contact for combo duration and/or Gladiator Might for crit damage. Most valuable stat on riven will be crit damage then damage and toxin. Crit chance, combo duration, status chance are all sort of ok.

Venari:

The six mods on the right are core, four on the left are flexible. Expect to forma every slot eventually. Pack Leader, an elemental combo, or Sharpened Claws are potential flexes.

I found Dethcube worked best in steel path due to the increased energy demand, but running a second kavat can be nice due to the ridiculous amount of healing you get from 2x Hunter Recovery.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 9, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Here's a ton of effort math someone on Reddit did about khora's stat stick: Future Me Edit: I used some wrong numbers in this post which have been corrected. The big calculated multiplier figures are a little high but I don't want to recalculate them.

Sorry for the wall, but you *did* ask.

Find a melee stance you like, and then pick a crit or hybrid weapon that fits (preferably an unpopular one with a high disposition). I'd also recommend a fast hitting weapon and stance so it's easy to build combo.

My pre-26 Khora stat stick advice was to rely on the combo counter, and that hasn't really changed except for the execution. U26 removed the Combo Counter damage bonus, which in a normal mission I usually landed around 3x. In return, Acolyte mods like Blood Rush now work on Whipclaw which helps recover some of that damage loss and in some cases surpass it by a good margin.

Mods that are now important are **Blood Rush**, **Weeping Wounds**, and the **Gladiator** set. Blood Rush gives you +60% Crit Chance per Combo Counter, which caps out at +660% at a 12x Combo Counter. Weeping Wounds gives you +40% Status Chance per combo level, which you're going to have anyways, and caps out at +440% Status Chance at 12x Combo Counter. These two mods give you a final Crit Chance/Status Chance of 190% and 108% respectively. That means at full tilt you'll have guaranteed orange crits and guaranteed status procs on Whipclaw. This means that you can ditch your 60/60s for full power elemental mods (more damage) and get rid of other crit chance stats. The Gladiator set is also important because each stack of the set bonus adds another 10% Crit Chance per Combo Level, or +110% Crit Chance at 12x. All of this reliance on the Combo Counter means you'll want to stick with Naramon for the decay passive and bring some Combo Duration mods. Conveniently, Gladiator Rush adds this for you. Putting that all together:

Blood Rush Weeping Wounds Gladiator Might Gladiator Rush

Gives you +880% Crit Chance, +60% Crit Damage, +440% Status Chance, and +6s Combo Duration.
Final stats for Whipclaw are 245% Crit Chance (mostly red but some orange), 3.2x Crit Damage, 108% Status Chance (guaranteed procs), 8s Combo Duration.

Now you just need damage. Primed Pressure Point for +165% Damage, Primed Fever Strike and Shocking Touch for +255% Corrosive Damage, and your Riven. For your Riven, any amount of Crit Chance you roll will be overshadowed by Blood Rush so you can ignore it. Crit Damage, however, is now very valuable. Damage is also valuable. And lastly, Elemental is still valuable. For your elemental damage I'd look around for Heat so you can jump-start your armor stripping in a few hits. A great negative for your Riven is Combo Efficiency, because combos already use the full stack anyways.

This makes my new recommended stat stick build this:

Stance
P. Pressure Point Blood Rush Gladiator Might Gladiator Rush
P. Fever Strike Shocking Touch Weeping Wounds Riven (CD/D/Heat/-Combo Eff)

You wanna slap that puppy on a fast weapon with a high Disposition and some reach, good crit stats, and a >17% Status Chance. Dual Keres, for example. At full power Whipclaw built on an average Dual Keres CC/D/Heat/- Riven will have an average damage multiplier from mods of **285.8x**. For reference, my pre-26 stat stick had a 50x average multiplier, and about a 100x peak with a perfect Riven. With a normal 3x Combo Counter it'd really peak around 300x so we're not too far from where we were. A better-than-average Riven would give you more than that 300x.

But wait, there's more! There are some improvements you can make to this. Crit Damage is now super valuable as a stat, so instead of having your Combo Duration on your weapon you can swap out Steel Charge for Swift Momentum as your Aura and replace Gladiator Rush with Organ Shatter. This bumps your average damage multiplier to 308.3x. For even more stupidity, you can move these Gladiator mods to Helios' Deconstructor and they'll still contribute to your set bonus. This means you can take Gladiator Rush *and* Gladiator Vice essentially for free, adding another +220% Crit Chance.

This puts your average damage multiplier at 382.1x. With a perfect Riven this goes up to 425.3x, and with the "worst perfect" Riven your multiplier is still 342x. In the worst case this is on par with a pre-26 perfect Riven at 3.5x Combo Counter and in the best case on par with a pre-26 perfect Riven at a 4-4.5x Combo Counter. So you're likely to perform as well or slightly better than before just in terms of your damage multiplier, but guaranteed status procs are no joke and IMO push her further than before. Edit: This multiplier will also apply similarly to your melee weapon itself, but the number will be higher or lower depending on your weapon's own crit stats.

If you're using Deconstructor as a stat stick, you can also bring Motus Impact, Proton Snap, and Tek Gravity. Not sure if they'll be useful, but it's free.

TL;DR:

* Fast weapon with fun, mobile stance
* Good Disposition (>1.4)
* Good Crit stats
* >17% Status Chance
* Swift Momentum
* Naramon's Power Spike passive
* This Melee build:

#

Stance
P. Pressure Point Blood Rush Organ Shatter Gladiator Might
P. Fever Strike Shocking Touch Weeping Wounds Riven (CD/D/Heat/-Combo Eff)

* This Deconstructor build:

#

Gladiator Vice Gladiator Rush [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

* Season to taste

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So hey, thanks for the Desert Wind build advice earlier, I just came out of a mission with 58% of the damage dealt and nearly twice the kills of the rest of the squad put together. I'm not very competitive (in any game, not just this one) but it does feel good when you've got most of the orange numbers in the end-of-mission results screen.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

gnoma posted:

words

I found Dethcube worked best in steel path due to the increased energy demand, but running a second kavat can be nice due to the ridiculous amount of healing you get from 2x Hunter Recovery.

Thanks a ton. Dethcube can do amazing things with the synth set, energy generator, and equilibrium.

Do you consider the Tek set crucial for venari? Does the duration even do anything for them? I was looking at Sharpened claws at a minimum for armor stripping; maybe heat or hunter synergy for a one-slot damage boost.

I'll definitely have to read that in depth.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
I found deathcube to be completely unnecessary in steel path. Once I got up and running energy was topped up by the fact that I was killing masses and masses of enemies, through walls, off screen, miles away, there were tons of energy pickupss which arcane energize was more than enough for. I run Narumon and Helios, naramon to maintain combo. Once you enter the mission, use your two and build combo with normal melee. Once you've built up to 4/5x, you should be able to one shot all of steel path that's grouped up and then the energy pickups roll in. I built my khora for max range and duration.

Of course I get royally hosed if I let a parasitic eximus drain my energy, but 1. I usually 1 shot them from screens away so I never see them and 2. Deathcube wouldn't help me there anyways

Guilty fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 9, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

I found deathcube to be completely unnecessary in steel path. Once I got up and running energy was topped up by the fact that I was killing masses and masses of enemies, through walls, off screen, miles away, there were tons of energy pizzas which arcane energize was more than enough for. I run Narumon and Helios, naramon to maintain combo. Once you enter the mission, use your two and build combo with normal melee. Once you've built up to 4/5x, you should be able to one shot all of steel path that's grouped up and then the energy pizzas roll in. I built my khora for max range and duration.

Of course I get royally hosed if I let a parasitic eximus drain my energy, but 1. I usually 1 shot them from screens away so I never see them and 2. Deathcube wouldn't help me there anyways

FYI "pizzas" are the consumables you build in the forge

Guilty
May 3, 2003

BMan posted:

FYI "pizzas" are the consumables you build in the forge

Oh! I thought it was catch all, thanks!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
smh calling a fruit gusher pizza

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
They used to be flat discs on the ground, that's why the name.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
A week later I'm still kind of suprised I've not seen "That's No Xaku, boy." memes.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tylana posted:

A week later I'm still kind of suprised I've not seen "That's No Xaku, boy." memes.

Literally the first thing I thought on reveal.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tylana posted:

Because it's a xaku girl. :v:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Excuse me it is nonbinary, referred to with the singular they. :colbert:

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

TheParadigm posted:

Do you consider the Tek set crucial for venari? Does the duration even do anything for them?

The Tek set bonus doesn't work on Venari. I use the mods for the ignore lethal damage and ability duration. I've never actually tested if the ability duration works for Venari, just assumed it would. Those two slots, and the damage mods, are entirely optional and can be switched to whatever.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Dareon posted:

Excuse me it is nonbinary, referred to with the singular they. :colbert:

Could well be the plural they, come to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Making floofs to put into my orbiter is more enjoyable than it has any right to be.