Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

fridge corn posted:

Lol they are doing work on rail line behind our house and they're literally taking massive angle grinders to the rails. It's nearly midnight haha

Good thing we're not in a heatwave so people won't have their windows open :argh:

If this coronavirus has prompted me to make one change in my life, it's to sort out my will and advanced directive*. I'd always known on some level that I'm fundamentally alone and would have to rely on myself, but this has really brought it home. So sod it, no heroic measures, no minimum wage carer washing my hair to look nice for visitors who will never come. Let me go and let medical science benefit physically from my death and let charities benefit financially.

*Not currently valid because I haven't been able to get two witnesses to sign it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Jose posted:

Get a dog and post photos of it relentlessly

If it's a big dog I'll give someone itt a 6 hour probation

Cromwell, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel wants you to know small dogs matter.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
arrogant little fucker

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Lol they are doing work on rail line behind our house and they're literally taking massive angle grinders to the rails. It's nearly midnight haha

gotta do it at midnight so the precious rail service isn't disturbed. People sleeping? gently caress off what lol?

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Dogatron posted:

Fair enough, mate. Sorry to touch a nerve.

I've been down the pub a few times with Cromwell, my dog. I did a comprehensive health and safety assessment for both of us and my family.

Despite spending all of March and April and May working as a nurse assisting in intubations of Covid patients and working in ITU, I failed to get ill. Many of my work mates did. I spent a lot of time with them not wearing PPE. We worked 60 hour weeks together, not wearing facemasks when we were not looking after patients. We shared very small coffee rooms and kitchens.

Going down the pub is not scary for me. If I was going to catch Covid, it would have happened by now.

Sounds like you were probably completely asymptomatic. Have you been tested for antibodies?

Meanwhile one of my coworkers who also runs a nail salon has a headcold.

I'm not ok with her being at work tbh

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Moola posted:

gotta do it at midnight so the precious rail service isn't disturbed. People sleeping? gently caress off what lol?

Northern Rail sent me a letter saying they were doing track repair at night near my house. I was on nights so I didnt hear it, but nor did my Mrs.

Tracks need to be repaired. They aint doing every night of the year, you have to be a bit understanding.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dogatron posted:

They aint doing every night of the year, you have to be a bit understanding.

I don't have to understand loving ANYTHING!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Regarding the police, I'm pretty lucky but i also have cause to take their name in vain this week as they have neglected to charge a person in a domestic abuse case relevant to me that really just needs to happen.
fun thing the police can arrest someone for up to 48 hours, but the charging in terms of taking them to court and issuing a custodial sentence is handled by the crown prosecution service who are loving cowards

even the police hate them because the filth do all the legwork of intervening, investigating and catching, only for cps to refuse to pursue a case unless they are nigh on guaranteed a win

basically the police probably want to take the piece of poo poo down but cps are refusing to back them up in case it harms their stats

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i mean ha ha ha acab etc

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Moola posted:

post of the year 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps both the police AND cps are dreadful

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

yes but i just want to be clear that in cases where 'they arrested him but never charged him' is the problem it is the cps and not the filth you should be mad at

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Natalie Fartman posted:

Sounds like you were probably completely asymptomatic. Have you been tested for antibodies?

Meanwhile one of my coworkers who also runs a nail salon has a headcold.

I'm not ok with her being at work tbh

Yeah, no antibodies.

I worked with a few people who had Covid and tested positive.

This was in March. We shared a small coffee room and kitchen.

We turned our theatres into ITUs, we intubated covid patients while wearing full PPE. Donned and Doffed.

We looked after ventilated covid patients.

A few more staff tested positive, a few patients died. But not a scary amount.

We were not stacking up bodies.

We all lived in my department.

I think I'm quite right in saying this was not the healthcare disaster it was meant to be.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Moola posted:

easy, Tiger

love you x

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

arrogant little fucker

if you are talking about Cromwell, I will fight you

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Dogatron posted:

if you are talking about Cromwell, I will fight you

easy, Tiger

love you x

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Dogatron posted:

Yeah, no antibodies.

We turned our theatres into ITUs, we intubated covid patients while wearing full PPE. Donned and Doffed.

I think I'm quite right in saying this was not the healthcare disaster it was meant to be.

AH gently caress, better let the rest of the world know. I can't believe we've done this. This is so embarrassing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dogatron posted:

Cromwell, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel wants you to know small dogs matter.

I like small dogs my favourite dog I know is a basset Fauve but being able to wrestle with dogs is good

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

pandemic t+6 months:

still alive; still posting; this is a worst case scenario

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jose posted:

I like small dogs my favourite dog I know is a basset Fauve but being able to wrestle with dogs is good

Next time you make the mistake of coming to Miami, swing by and say hello to Hector.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Dogatron posted:

Yeah, no antibodies.

It's also possible that you had it long enough ago that you have no antibodies. I do recall some confusion over how long someone is protected for. Or you never got it, it seems likely.

Also while your department might not have struggled, I've heard health professionals say the exact opposite. Granted from other countries, but if it gets bad it gets bad. Our own death rate compared to other countries also puts our healthcare system in a pretty poor light, but other factors play into that like overall general health and how the deaths are reported. Who knows. It would be nice if it wasn't half as dangerous as we were warned, but I'm not about to test that theory.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Had a night out with the lads and the angle grinder, how'd everyone sleep?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Dogatron posted:

Yeah, no antibodies.

60,000 deaths... Pfft, not a bother worth the hassle. Let's go to Spoons

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ratjaculation posted:

Had a night out with the lads and the angle grinder, how'd everyone sleep?

I actually slept just fine lol but 7am in the morning they were still out there haha

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

They are probably adding leaf proof tracks for the autumn

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I got woken up at 6am by a copy of the Gruffalo being smashed into my head

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dogatron posted:

Yeah, no antibodies.

In addition to what Fartman said, if you have a mild or asymptomatic case antibodies are unlikely to be produced in the first place. It's looking more and more like the cellular rather than humeral immune system is dominant in milder cases and is responsible for longer term immunity. The most likely scenario is that you were very lucky.

Unlike 60,000 dead people and countless others who continue to deal with long term effects of the virus. Including friends and family of mine.

Enjoy the pub.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Having a toddler is variations on this, all day, every day

https://i.imgur.com/6sIh8pY.gifv

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
The fan sounds drilled into my brain all night but had some good sleep. Preppin' breakfast and playing with the dog and cats rn.

Might go to the beach again, swimming was noice.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Small children are adorable terrorists tbh

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
"I think I'm quite right in saying this was not the healthcare disaster it was meant to be." would be a really good one of those ironic tombstone quotes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I heard that quote in Michael goves voice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the acceptable levels of excess deaths

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Kids were up 2 hours earlier than normal, I was strimming the hedge before 8AM.

I wish that was a euphemism.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Having a toddler is variations on this, all day, every day

https://i.imgur.com/6sIh8pY.gifv

Can confirm, every day is an adventure in learning how they will damage themselve, the people around them and their environment in new and inventive ways.

For example this morning you were the subject in an important experiment to test the hypothesis "literature can be consumed by blunt force trauma".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember being at my friends’ house at age 11-12 or so and playing with his toddler-age younger brother who was playing with a fire engine toy and he somehow managed to stick the hose line thing or ladder or whatever it was on the top right up one of my nostrils

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I can hold long intellectual conversations with cats and all sort of pets yet cannot interact with kids besides "Hello".

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Is that because you're on a register, op

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Not besides the ones we are all in for posting in this dead gay forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Quote this and I'll post like a /r/childfree poster for the rest of the day