Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Everything you need to know about the state of modern NASCAR can be summed up by Furniture Row won the Cup and ceased operations immediately. The rest is just window dressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
My boss goes to fall ‘Dega every year. Apparently they are planning on only 25k capacity but are also forcing ticket renewals if you want to keep seniority with a pinkie promise to refund later. My boss is pissed, his tickets have 30yrs seniority attached to them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kyle Larson Racing bought Leavine at auction and Kyle was reinstated today before the sale lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1291426983839236097

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/1291428282076999686?s=19

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Qualifying should just be done by drawing drivers' names randomly from a bingo machine.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Arm wrestling.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
34 races per season, last place in each doesn't come back. Final race is a 5 car duel someplace small and bumpy like pocono. gently caress a playoffs point system that makes the NCAA BCS computer look straightforward.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Jones is out at Gibbs. Not surprising given LFR going away

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Ungratek posted:

Jones is out at Gibbs. Not surprising given LFR going away

Joey Logano 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Gibbs is gonna be funny as poo poo in 3 years with a driver lineup of Bell, Burton, Brandon Jones and Dibenedetto.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kyle Larson Racing bought Leavine at auction and Kyle was reinstated today before the sale lol

Turns out this was posted by a fake Jeff Gluck account.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Rain tires at road america :)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

This is one of the dumbest races I’ve ever seen

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cygni posted:

This is one of the dumbest races I’ve ever seen

That’s every xfinity road race

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Hey ya'll,

Those of you in the Discord know that I've been sewing masks since the pandemic started. I bought a few varieties of NASCAR fabric and thought I'd see if there was any interest in some NASCAR masks. Here is the style of mask I am making, it is usually reversible:

I could make masks with filter pockets though they would cost extra and would be a bit more to ship (And would obviously not be reversible). They will also have adjusters on the ear loops and will include adhesive nose pieces that you can add if desired.
Here are the NASCAR fabrics I currently have:

Tony Stewart and Terry Labonte fabrics. These are both new old stock fabrics, the copyright date on the Terry Labonte fabric is 1997, the copyright date on the Tony Stewart fabric is 2012. Both fabrics are in good condition. The Labonte fabric is a bit stiffer and I would probably recommend you not pair this with another vintage fabric.

Junior fabric. This is also new old stock fabric, copyright 2005. It's in really good condition and I'd feel good pairing this with a vintage fabric.

Gordon fabric. Same vintage as the Junior fabric. Also in very good condition (I bought both of these fabrics from the same seller).

Winston Cup fabric. I do not know how old this is as there is no copyright info on the selvage edge. I'm guessing around the same date as the Labonte fabric above. Obviously predates 2003. Recommend pairing this one with new fabric and not wearing this one on the inside, it's a bit stiff.

NASCAR logo fabric. The print is a bit large but I think it's kind of cool. This fabric is brand new, I purchased it at Walmart yesterday.

$10 per mask includes shipping (First class envelope, US mailing). I will donate $1 per mask I sell to the First Nations COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, plus anything else once materials are paid for. PM me if you're interested on here or Discord or if you don't want to give Lowtax money you can also email me at wrathofkahn5@gmail.com

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Let's see who is in the front, oh Harvialim. Shocking.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

Winston Cup fabric. I do not know how old this is as there is no copyright info on the selvage edge. I'm guessing around the same date as the Labonte fabric above. Obviously predates 2003. Recommend pairing this one with new fabric and not wearing this one on the inside, it's a bit stiff.

my father has some curtains made out of this in his basement.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

chamois posted:

my father has some curtains made out of this in his basement.

This was the fabric that made me think "oh it'd be cool to make some NASCAR masks." Now I just have to stop buying vintage NASCAR fabric, a lot of it is absurdly expensive.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's good to know that in such uncertain times i can always tune in on saturday, sunday, or sometimes wednesday to watch denny hamlin or kevin harvick lead an entire race and win by 2+ seconds

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that restart was hairy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The choose cone is a good change

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This season loving sucks

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Ungratek posted:

This season loving sucks

There's been a handful of neat moments but yeah. This.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Bubba in the 42 next year is an interesting prospect

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Idk if he'd turn down an ownership stake in RPM to run the 43, but the irony would be hilarious.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elitist Bitch posted:

Idk if he'd turn down an ownership stake in RPM to run the 43, but the irony would be hilarious.

I don't know why he'd accept an ownership stake in a mediocre team in a crap economy, tbh

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

chamois posted:

Bubba in the 42 next year is an interesting prospect

I'd lol. The way the rabid Larson fans have rallied against his consequences, screamed about banning the confederate flag, attacked NASCAR's support of BLM/Wallace, and just generally melt down and throw tantrums has made me hope Larson never makes it back to the cup series again. Wallace getting his ride in the end would be even better.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Reynold posted:

I'd lol. The way the rabid Larson fans have rallied against his consequences, screamed about banning the confederate flag, attacked NASCAR's support of BLM/Wallace, and just generally melt down and throw tantrums has made me hope Larson never makes it back to the cup series again. Wallace getting his ride in the end would be even better.

People on twitter aren't rational, and the best thing is to avoid it. I hope Larson comes back because he is a good driver, and there is a severe shortage of good drivers right now. Unfortunately, there's no way for it to happen that will satisfy everyone, including myself. It's just not the kind of thing you can adequately apologize for.

I'm almost certain Bubba won't outperform him in the same car but I'd love to be proven wrong. I think he has a lot of potential but it's hard to say as long as he's running RPM equipment.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

According to the broadcast he already has part ownership, but how much is partial ownership of RPM really worth when you could make more money to drive a better car?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
wtf is this a replay why is harvick one and hamlin 2.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

This is probably the shittiest weekend of racing we've had this year, except maybe martinsville.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Brad will never win at Michigan

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:haw:

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

ok now we just need that exact same thing to happen with the 11 and 4 and we're in business

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Another snoozer in the books.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

really cool how you run a guy down and cant pass becuase youre aero tight

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

:toot:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
turned it off with 20 to go because the ending ended up exactly like I imagined.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I thought both Michigan races were pretty good this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

the races themselves were fine. watching Brad take out his beleaguered team mate (who was leading at the time) was hilarious but Harvick is way too good this year.