Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
TJ Scorin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

de curry GOAT posted:

Beta. Quinn Cuck 😔

To the bench

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

de curry GOAT posted:

Is Warren ever going to miss???

Cash Considerations playing great out there

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Warren is just getting buckets

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'd like to claim credit collectively for all us SAS guys for predicting that TJ Warren was going to be a very good player based on his mastery of paul pierce midrange stuff in college

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
TJ loving Warren

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I feel like it's a win for the defense when a possession ends with Davis shooting a 3. I know he's decent at them it just feels like that

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Unreal

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Lol Suns

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
vogel will lose every remaining game searching for the team and lose on the playoff, what the gently caress lakers

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

TJ Warren!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Zeta Acosta posted:

vogel will lose every remaining game searching for the team and lose on the playoff, what the gently caress lakers

What do you think they should be doing?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
DAGGER

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

I feel like it's a win for the defense when a possession ends with Davis shooting a 3. I know he's decent at them it just feels like that

He's the Lakers best three point shooter who gets to regularly play.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That was so dirty

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

He's the Lakers best three point shooter who gets to regularly play.

That's tragic

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Rick posted:

What do you think they should be doing?

consolidating the pre covid team and giving mileage to the new guys, also defending threes for goodness sake

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Justin Holiday found the workaround for Nate's terrible inbound plays.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

MJ Warren

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I do think it’s weird that you play AD and Bron 35 min in meaningless games and not give all the rotation guys burn. I get they wanted to win this one for pride, but surely load management should come into play no?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

consolidating the pre covid team and giving mileage to the new guys

This is exactly what they're trying to do. It's hard to win high level games while integrating new guys at the same time. There's a reason why lack of lineup turnover is one of the best predictors for success in the NBA.

I think Vogel is terrible too but I'd much rather the team do this than guys playing at full speed to get 6 wins in the bubble or whatever.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Thank you TJ Warren for winning me plus 230 moneyline.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I think Vogel is pretty good and has managed to get a lot of bad defenders to play good cohesive defense, but he is also not a good offensive coach. The plan was to let AD and LeBron just do their poo poo and work off of that, and it worked most of the season, but now with all of the shooters going cold, its not doing the job

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

I do think it’s weird that you play AD and Bron 35 min in meaningless games and not give all the rotation guys burn. I get they wanted to win this one for pride, but surely load management should come into play no?

This, I can agree with. I think Vogel is more worried about the perception of them losing by ~20 points again, which is what would happen if they played AD and Lebron 28 instead.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mavs looking good out of the gate

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Ommmg Luca someone please gif that behind the back fake

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I think Vogel is pretty good and has managed to get a lot of bad defenders to play good cohesive defense, but he is also not a good offensive coach. The plan was to let AD and LeBron just do their poo poo and work off of that, and it worked most of the season, but now with all of the shooters going cold, its not doing the job

Credit where credit is due, he's definitely done a wonder on defense. The offense is Jason Kidd's gig so that's not even really his fault.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Ommmg Luca someone please gif that behind the back fake

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/1292262526789603328?s=19

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I know it's too early for a small lead to matter but watching the Mavs lead never feels safe.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Whatever they are feeding KP in the bubble, don't stop

Spacebump posted:

I know it's too early for a small lead to matter but watching the Mavs lead never feels safe.

True

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

That's just good stuff.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish Wright could turn into end of last season Memphis Wright.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Speaking of Wrights in the NBA, how much poo poo do you think Dorrell Wright got during his childhood for being named after a brand of cigarettes

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish Trey Burke had been on the Mavs all year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Luka trying to head the ball into the basket after play stopped and being noticeably disappointed when he missed was hilarious.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Spacebump posted:

they are like the reverse warriors

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

Speaking of Wrights in the NBA, how much poo poo do you think Dorrell Wright got during his childhood for being named after a brand of cigarettes

where's your brother Doral wheres your other brother Doral

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Maxi was still shuffling but I can see getting the challenge out of the way

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Oh dang it was overturned I thought maxi was still moving his feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

drat he draymoned him