Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Ilya Kovalchuk was my favourite Canadien this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Still thinking about that Ceci shot from overtime

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I spent all year thinking the Canucks needed to make the playoffs this year so we didn’t give a lottery pick up for Miller next year. Thanks Canucks! Though to be honest it may still not have been a completely awful trade with how good he’s been.

Also this is your reminder that Hughes is the greatest defenceman of all time.

Edit: I just realized Miller was talked about but point 2 still stands.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 8, 2020

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

The Dirty Burger posted:

Still thinking about Jim Hughson yelling "KASPERI KAPANEN" as Matthews scores the OT winner.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
So the first four deciding series on Rogers Place ice:

1 - Flames win
2 - Taylor Hall wins
3 - Oilers lose
4 - Canucks win

That's pretty great.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

thehoodie posted:

Still thinking about Jim Hughson yelling "KASPERI KAPANEN" as Matthews scores the OT winner.

Somebody dubbed Joe Bowen's call over the video and it's so much better. Not sure why we can't have him cover the games

https://twitter.com/WillontheRadio/status/1291973099492200452

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Rogers Place will forever be home to series victories by the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks before the Edmonton Oilers.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1291911666171600898?s=21

How dare he try besmirch Roberto’s name

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Misanthrope posted:

So the first four deciding series on Rogers Place ice:

1 - Flames win
2 - Taylor Hall wins
3 - Oilers lose
4 - Canucks win

That's pretty great.

The Canucks are used to winning (sometimes) at Rogers places.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

lazerwolf posted:

5 out of 6 elimination games ended a team’s season. You had one job Columbus.

This is just the dark timeline, the good one is where PLD doesn't somehow put the puck into the plastic sleeve around the goal and Toronto gets eliminated in a 4-1 sadness fest where they cross their fingers they get Laffy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Habs, Hawks and Yotes have all made the playoffs. They were the 24th, 23rd and 22nd place teams in the league this year.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Arabian Jesus posted:

Somebody dubbed Joe Bowen's call over the video and it's so much better. Not sure why we can't have him cover the games

There needs to be a “this guy scored” gif for Columbus forgetting about Matthews and giving him an entire half of the ice to himself.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

The Habs, Hawks and Yotes have all made the playoffs. They were the 24th, 23rd and 22nd place teams in the league this year.

And the 7th and 9th place teams have a crack at 1AO!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are the best hockey team, in the centre of the universe.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Arabian Jesus posted:

Tragically the "goal leafs goal" youtube channel, dedicated to overdubbing the TV feed with Joe Bowen's calls, stopped updating a while ago.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

After seeing the Stars struggle through two poo poo games looking awful and seeing the nucks and flames play actual good hockey, I don't have much hope for the team. Even if they do survive the first round by some miracle, they get stl or col and they ain't getting past either of them. That said, I'm counting my blessings and enjoying some actually not terrible hockey. I don't give two shits about the leafs but that come back had me whooping like a howler monkey with my leaf bro friends in my basement last night. It's sad that the Stars will get just far enough for them to not do the obvious (fire Nill and get a new gm before Vegas signs gallant or lavy) or really any introspection of any kind.

Though I'm comforted by the hockey we do have and I'm glad so far everyone is doing well, I still felt down so I did something a bit rash...

I got a puppy!

Meet Diziet Sma (or just Dizi). So far she just likes to follow people around and chew stuff, but eventually she'll learn to bork at losers wearing Minnesota or St Louis colours. Dizi says hi SAS! (but not really because she hasn't figured out how to bork yet)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

I lose, T-Bone let me know which charity you would like me to donate to

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Dunno how to embed this but here you go: https://streamable.com/uhmla5

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1292183167093407747

:rip:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Cocaine Bear posted:

After seeing the Stars struggle through two poo poo games looking awful and seeing the nucks and flames play actual good hockey, I don't have much hope for the team. Even if they do survive the first round by some miracle, they get stl or col and they ain't getting past either of them. That said, I'm counting my blessings and enjoying some actually not terrible hockey. I don't give two shits about the leafs but that come back had me whooping like a howler monkey with my leaf bro friends in my basement last night. It's sad that the Stars will get just far enough for them to not do the obvious (fire Nill and get a new gm before Vegas signs gallant or lavy) or really any introspection of any kind.

Though I'm comforted by the hockey we do have and I'm glad so far everyone is doing well, I still felt down so I did something a bit rash...

I got a puppy!

Meet Diziet Sma (or just Dizi). So far she just likes to follow people around and chew stuff, but eventually she'll learn to bork at losers wearing Minnesota or St Louis colours. Dizi says hi SAS! (but not really because she hasn't figured out how to bork yet)

An excellent rash decision!

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Cocaine Bear posted:

I got a puppy!

Dog!
Dog!dog!dog!dog!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm fully expecting the Caps to get caned by the Islanders or Canes, they're already a walking MASH unit.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Derpies posted:

I'm fully expecting the Caps to get caned by the Islanders or Canes, they're already a walking MASH unit.

Eller still out being a dad, Carlson questionable, Kuzy injured/benched or whatever that was.

And they're not like... super great even with all those dudes.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chad Sexington posted:

Eller still out being a dad, Carlson questionable, Kuzy injured/benched or whatever that was.

And they're not like... super great even with all those dudes.

Backstrom missed practice too. Maybe we will get to see McMichael at least.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Cocaine Bear posted:

I got a puppy!

Pro dog

Disappointed you didn't name it ZUB

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Woo, first seed!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vegas gets the 1st seed and will face the Hawks. Avs will face the Coyotes.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

e: nvm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kilza posted:

Yeah but has anyone considered how hard it is to be a Vegas fan?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Kilza posted:

drat they get home ice advantage all through the playoffs! :lsd:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

Lehner shutting out the Hawks after Edmonton decided to Oiler their way out of the playoffs seems way too on the nose.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1292237015329779718

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

JawKnee posted:

I lose, T-Bone let me know which charity you would like me to donate to

Nice Dominion avatar on T-bone there

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

eXXon posted:

Dunno how to embed this but here you go: https://streamable.com/uhmla5

This looks like every time I have an open look in soccer.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

In case you're not watching Philly-Tampa, Hedman blew a tire

ouch

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

folks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Flyera are back baby!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Holy poo poo

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Flyers will face the Habs, Bolts face the winner of Jackets/Leafs tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
They didn't look bad this season, but that game made them look legit.