Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Not you too Forums Mafia Superstar Toalpaz :-(

Ok I'm getting serious after this post. Joke phase is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SalTheBard posted:

Not you too Forums Mafia Superstar Toalpaz :-(

Ok I'm getting serious after this post. Joke phase is over

my vote is a joke vote. i think if you're in a masonry you and your partner should get the chance to suss each other out.

:shobon:

##unvote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

my vote is a joke vote. i think if you're in a masonry you and your partner should get the chance to suss each other out.

:shobon:

##unvote

he's been cagey but active elsewhere, like he's been avoiding me, maybe because he doesn't like lying?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

JOHN CENA posted:

he's been cagey but active elsewhere, like he's been avoiding me, maybe because he doesn't like lying?

I think that is a pretty unfair assessment of our masonry TBH. I was very active but I have been at work today (and I had Amni's server muted so I didn't know when you were responding to me). We haven't talked much game related anything.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
We are talking in the masonry to come to an understanding BRB

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i unvote ##unvote for now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was joking earlier about wanting to kill scientastic but that guy has gotten awfully quiet for someone who never shuts up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i was joking earlier about wanting to kill scientastic but that guy has gotten awfully quiet for someone who never shuts up

it's like 3am there

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sal you need to post more cause Minifauxnen likes to look at the puppies

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

I will assume I'm town and something cool like a cop or hyper charger

I actually got your role PM, amni wanted me to pass it along

It says you are a Cool Dude

Your power is that once per night you can do an Ollie 360

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Can y'all do me a favor and someone remind me this weekend I still haven't remembered to tell my dad this great math joke I heard from the Zero Time Dilemma thread

Share the math joke bif

Also tell your dad, it's totally the weekend

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Scientastic posted:

Mine are off to a museum today with Mrs. Scientastic, I might actually get through all today's conference calls without interuption!

It always throws me when I remember that you are male because I a assume you are the lab science girl with amazing tits from your avatar

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Please do not post in the thread after you have died.

I lol'd

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

cheese sandwich posted:

it's weird that you would defend this imo

My vibe is that bif is defending the outcome of the call -- eg toal is right, bif IS town -- but not the post it came from or toal in general.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

sci is no longer a target

now sal's death is all i want

right so this is the scummiest post so far by JC because I can't believe town JC would do easily be swayed from the Kill Sci Agenda while we're still partly in joke phase

Ok I guess not the scummiest from him but there's a big try hard vibe going

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly rn I think he’s taking the chance to obfuscate his normal scumtell by trying the same thing as town

... I like this theory and think Sandwolf is townier for thinking of it.

The novelty of thinking Sandwolf is town is still exciting for me. Maybe I am learning to translate from Wolfspeak into Viennese?!?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering but weren't you and Sand on a team in Animal Crossing and there was trust issues between you two?

That was bif and infinitum who subbed out and was replaced by ... I don't remember mmm's new name? But I feel like the initials JK were involved

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh actually, SIV can you give me a quick rundown of who you think is scummy at the moment, usually you are a beacon of Mafia logic and sense but so far only Hum doing the Goofy emoji is meeting that need for me rn

RIGHT SO I just vomit posted hmmm.

Toal also generally gives me "always think they are scum" vibes but their posts today just kind of seem extra forced at it? Not liking it.

Not liking JC taking up the air with the vendettas.

Sal has seemed a bit awkward here and there but I'm not sure it's scummy awkward, I feel like Sal sometimes has his comments misread / jokes mistaken and ends up getting cased for it

It feels weirdly like d1 has been all noise no signal thus far, and I mean I know d1 has a rep that way but it's especially content free even for a d1 I feel like?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

spacing in vienna posted:

That was bif and infinitum who subbed out and was replaced by ... I don't remember mmm's new name? But I feel like the initials JK were involved

yep, Jump King

Anyway I forgot to tell the joke again cause I already finished Skyping my parents earlier this morning, but I'll practice it on you!

Newton and Zeno walk into a bar. Newton sits down at the bar, but Zeno only walks halfway to his seat. Then he walks halfway to his seat. Then he walks halfway to his seat. Then he walks halfway to his seat.

The bartender turns to Newton and asks "is your friend here already drunk?" and Newton just facepalms and says, "He just doesn't know his limits."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Sal you need to post more cause Minifauxnen likes to look at the puppies

MiniSal also likes to grab the puppies :-3 MiniSal has some molars coming in and is not a happy camper right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sal was being cagey and short in the masonry which made me think he was speaking to me potentially only after conferring with fellow scum, but he explained he was at work and busy all day which I can accept for now. my paranoia is a little high this game. I think bif is town, I'm willing to believe sal is town for now. I'm still unsure of anyone else. I'm reading osely but on day one it's tough to gauge.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

yep, Jump King

Anyway I forgot to tell the joke again cause I already finished Skyping my parents earlier this morning, but I'll practice it on you!

Newton and Zeno walk into a bar. Newton sits down at the bar, but Zeno only walks halfway to his seat. Then he walks halfway to his seat. Then he walks halfway to his seat. Then he walks halfway to his seat.

The bartender turns to Newton and asks "is your friend here already drunk?" and Newton just facepalms and says, "He just doesn't know his limits."

nice

Mr. Vienna would like you to know that you are loving awesome, as the spouse also loves the math jokes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

yep, Jump King

I got a big hearty chuckle from this! Math is lame nonsense but who doesn’t like a paradox

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I actually got your role PM, amni wanted me to pass it along

It says you are a Cool Dude

Your power is that once per night you can do an Ollie 360

Thank you but that’s not my Pm that’s just me :cool:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think JC is scum.

He’s been posting a lot about getting me executed in joke phase, which I guess is OK, but after briefly flipping to Sal, he is back on me. I feel like this is just a way for him to excuse himself from scumhunting.

He’s trying to convert this case made for personal reasons into a real case by pointing out that I’m not posting much, ignoring the fact that it was a) 2am in the UK when he said that and b) it’s the weekend

He’s also tried to make out that his posting isn’t scummy, he just posts as himself and if you find that scummy it’s on you. Which is a pretty convenient way of excusing scummy posting, and ignores the fact that people have called the content of his posts scummy, not the style

##Vote JC

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nice try but I never sleep suckere

##vote scientastic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my meta consists of two things only, vengeance 🔪 and victory ✌

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Toalpaz posted:

Is there such a thing as a scum slap fight?

Also I didn't seem to miss much lol. Who are we killing today friends? I will vote with whomever TPink wants, so I need a TPink case. ##unvote

I think I jokingly called bif town earlier but I appreciate the effort she's putting forth even if it ends up with calling people idiots.

My meta is that I sincerely and truly hate D1 because it’s a crapshoot and making cases seems almost silly :/ I know it’s not good town play but I tend to be on the quieter side in early days and then pick up steam after a few people flip and there’s actually things to think about, posts to try and connect, and the like. At this point, it’s just random for the most part.

(Also, and this is very important, the t in tpink is actually lower case.)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m pretty much not voting anyone today outside of a hardcore scum slip. :shrug:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if I ever capitalize up name tpink or spell it wrongk its because I'm phoneposting and my androids keyboard has a mind of its own

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

It feels weirdly like d1 has been all noise no signal thus far, and I mean I know d1 has a rep that way but it's especially content free even for a d1 I feel like?

I like you but you’ve played D1 before, right? It’s sort of all it is. Town flailing, scum participating just enough to hit the post limit, and it’s all meaningless.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

I’m pretty much not voting anyone today outside of a hardcore scum slip. :shrug:

Mate, come on, having a slow start D1 is one thing but planning to just sit around and make it easier to no-lunch is objectively bad

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JOHN CENA posted:

if I ever capitalize up name tpink or spell it wrongk its because I'm phoneposting and my androids keyboard has a mind of its own

My appeal on android’s autocorrect spelling of my name has been in very heated litigation for 5 years now and I am very sensitive about it.

:argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

I believe in Bif.

tpink posted:

I like you but you’ve played D1 before, right? It’s sort of all it is. Town flailing, scum participating just enough to hit the post limit, and it’s all meaningless.

DOES NOT COMPUTE

DOES NOT COMPUTE

beep boop lunch all liars

##vote tpink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Mate, come on, having a slow start D1 is one thing but planning to just sit around and make it easier to no-lunch is objectively bad

I don’t mean I’m blowing off the game. I’m not, really. It’s just too much noise / null tells to warrant a meaningful vote. I promise I’m reading every post.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bif what should I be looking for in Sandwolf because I always suspect him of being scum and I'm trying to eliminate self bias to determine when he is and isn't actually scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

DOES NOT COMPUTE

DOES NOT COMPUTE

##vote tpink

Except that post, that was a bad one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tpink posted:

I don’t mean I’m blowing off the game. I’m not, really. It’s just too much noise / null tells to warrant a meaningful vote. I promise I’m reading every post.

this is me most d1s. so I just throw a vote around, see what it rattles, gauge reactions, see what lands where.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

DOES NOT COMPUTE

DOES NOT COMPUTE

##vote tpink

I don't see how these two posts relate to each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

Except that post, that was a bad one.

Once again proving that "I believe in Bif" was empty words, can't even appreciate an amusing way to point out how I am the very incarnation of D1 effort, I tell you what