Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

good dog!

echinopsis posted:

started far cry 5 last night

this game seems very cool indeed. coz it’s ubisoft i can’t help but compare it to assassins creed but it’s quite different, and normally i hate first person but i’m getting over it

but gently caress this game is hard 😳 i need silent weapons gently caress!!!

What you need is to save up your ingame cash and buy the AR-C Shark machinegun ASAP as it will give you a massive upgrade over the plink-guns you scavenge off the cultists. I used it all the way through the game and upgraded it with a mid-range optic and a silencer.

The AR-C regular version is locked until a good portion of the game has passed, but scavenging up a few thousand bucks from prepper stashes (which are fun to do themselves anyway) will let you get ahead of the game with the prestige AR-C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
iirc far cry 5 is incredibly liberal with what it will allow you to put a silencer on

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

iirc far cry 5 is incredibly liberal with what it will allow you to put a silencer on

I wish you were in the game :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I wish you were in the game :(
rack em

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
o fuk

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Gamers, Please Give Us A Minute, We’re On The Phone With Ganondorf And It Sounds Like His Dad Was Hospitalized

https://ogn.theonion.com/gamers-please-give-us-a-minute-we-re-on-the-phone-wit-1844608120

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

good dog!

What you need is to save up your ingame cash and buy the AR-C Shark machinegun ASAP as it will give you a massive upgrade over the plink-guns you scavenge off the cultists. I used it all the way through the game and upgraded it with a mid-range optic and a silencer.

The AR-C regular version is locked until a good portion of the game has passed, but scavenging up a few thousand bucks from prepper stashes (which are fun to do themselves anyway) will let you get ahead of the game with the prestige AR-C.

i’m only doing the first mission after liberating that dudes island. i think maybe i need to do some other things first and get better wearpons maybe idk

what’s with first person tho

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
did you ever wonder why 3rd person shooter isnt a genre? its because it woudl be poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

3rd person puncher is good though.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

bobbilljim posted:

did you ever wonder why 3rd person shooter isnt a genre? its because it woudl be poo poo

some bigtime names on here just the same

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_third-person_shooters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like the 2 50 cent games

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

max payne and other remedy games are decent ones. arguably the value of it in all their games is the mechanics benefit from a sort of flexible situational awareness

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

You can also add a lot more cool climbing, dodge and roll mechanics without making the player puke

and platforming in first person is a nightmare, the only game that sorta kinda made it work was Doom 2016

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mirror's edge did it well imo but only by getting rid of basically everything else mechanically

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

r u ready to WALK posted:

You can also add a lot more cool climbing, dodge and roll mechanics without making the player puke

yeah that’s something, having your vision pulled around. like climbing or picking up a person in far cry 5 is difficult to watch. but getting used to it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

like the 2 50 cent games

you can just say you like a dollar game

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

50 cent: blood on the sand is an incredible game

"hm 600,000 points, seems pretty good"
BRONZE 12,000,000

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I would love to see Blood on the Sand, the Scarface GTA-like and Army of Two get uploaded onto GOG, stuff that's just not possible to play easily these days.

Also the Microsoft 'Madness' games but I don't see them ever happening.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

stuff that's just not possible to play easily these days.

thatäs literally what the Microsoft Xbox line of home computer systems is for lmao you bucket

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Seriouspost about fps: far cry should decide to be about good gunplay OR cool rpg elements. Guns are not great in third person, platforming etc not great in first person. 3rd person + hold button to look down sights of gun is an OK compromise, if a bit jarring

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

Seriouspost about fps: far cry should decide to be about good gunplay OR cool rpg elements. Guns are not great in third person, platforming etc not great in first person. 3rd person + hold button to look down sights of gun is an OK compromise, if a bit jarring
far cry’s 3P stuff is baked into the franchise and without it we would not have “pull shrapnel out of arms to restore health while drowning” therefore it is extremely good

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

The shrapnel is in first person tho in far cry

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There are literally zero role-playing elements in any Far Cry game.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

The shrapnel is in first person tho in far cry
Right, yes. I like it the way it is, is my position

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

50 cent: blood on the sand is an incredible game

More games need a dedicated swear button.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
far cry 2 had so much good poo poo like the different damage animations. not just pure quantity of animations, but by damage type. also better ai, better environmental destruction/effects, better everything other than maybe plot.

seeing fart cry 5 look pretty amazing but then you get up close and the bushes are sprites is just really lovely.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

fall guy is pretty fun. here's my first attempt at one of the stages
https://i.imgur.com/rxAkSGL.mp4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah it’s really good fun

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

looks like it captures the feeling of that garry's mod gamemode "death run" pretty well

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i just started playing satisfactory and now its 4 am. its pretty good, but i dont think ive gotten that far. if they could add some kind of exploration based mystery like subnautica it would be pretty amazing.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
heh I just checked out that game it loving rules so far

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought death stranding because it was on sale at Best Buy and I like the little bit of the game I’ve played so far but holy gently caress Kojima let me play the drat game. in the first hour of game time, probably 55 minutes of it is cutscene and 5 minutes is you actually controlling it

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I bought death stranding because it was on sale at Best Buy and I like the little bit of the game I’ve played so far but holy gently caress Kojima let me play the drat game. in the first hour of game time, probably 55 minutes of it is cutscene and 5 minutes is you actually controlling it

You are absolutely going to hate the ending, then. The story itself holds up really nicely for the current times and the mechanics are simply amazing that all that poo poo was stuffed into controller gestures.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dammit kojima let me play American Truck Walking simulator.

and yeah the whole “America is dead, we need to come together to fix it” storyline is weirdly prescient

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

is fall guy the next bugsnax?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

More people on my steam list should play molek syntez thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I cat wait to next opp to play satisfactory

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I don’t like fall guys but i will play through cod:mw2 again and avenge gaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
fall guys is literally the interactive ad games you get on lovely iphone games

like this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWcwkCV9ZY