Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Lemon-Lime posted:

I have, yeah. The issue is that its mobility and ADS stats suck and it can't lay fire like an LMG due to the small mags and low RoF, which puts it in an awkward position. I have no issue with it once you actually start shooting people, but it's getting to that point that's a problem.

IMO the solution would be to give the short barrel a steeper range penalty (apparently it's only 10%!) but a better ADS boost so that it can hit average AR ADS speeds if you stack ADS-boosting attachments. That way your choice is between an LMG that can only get 60-round magazines in exchange for consistency at range, or an AR conversion that actually converts the gun into a slow-firing, long-range AR.

Mostly, I want this because I want to have an L85 that's competitive with the actual in-game ARs. :v:

Yeah that one was ok, it was the MG-34 that got me during the lmgs. It hit like a truck but the reload and overall handling of the gun was rough. Not to mention by far the worst iron sights in the game, for the reptile camos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

Yeah that one was ok, it was the MG-34 that got me during the lmgs. It hit like a truck but the reload and overall handling of the gun was rough. Not to mention by far the worst iron sights in the game, for the reptile camos.

The BLOWtorch blueprint for the MG34 changes it to have modern ironsights instead of the vintage WW2 rangefinder so you no longer have a giant metal plate blocking the left of your field of view. I think it was a season 2 blueprint but I'm sure there are other MG34 blueprints that use the same sights.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I automated the grunt work of burning through my tickets dying to turrets to my 7 year old. Work smarter not harder.

mls
Jun 6, 2006
You wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

veni veni veni posted:

One is a now near universally accepted, mainstream movement and the other is an intentionally inflammatory internet leftist meme. I have no problem with people using the ACAB tag personally/think it's dumb they are (possibly) doing temp bans for it, and I'm not saying COD deserves any credit for their half assed corporate BLM nod. But if you think the average person sees them as the same thing it's because we post in a bubble.

This is truth but SA is full of mouthbreathing bubble/basement dwellers

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

One is a now near universally accepted, mainstream movement and the other is an intentionally inflammatory internet leftist meme.

mls posted:

This is truth but SA is full of mouthbreathing bubble/basement dwellers

lmao

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

veni veni veni posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Well we do because you're being pretty dumb but in an entertaining way.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Pivo posted:

It's triple-double-xp weekend, don't use boosts, they do nothing, they don't stack.

For some reason it doesn’t apply to the trials, so to get the best exp out of it you need to burn a EXP boost. Burning the 50 odd tickets took less than ten minutes. So the exp gained clearly can have a big effect on battlepass level, considering I gained 7 battlepass levels in ten minutes.

This for trash tickets I was never going to use, was a fun way to unlock a few of the officer challenges so I can start working on them early.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah i didn't believe it either but it goes from 5500 to 11000 when you pop a double xp

https://i.imgur.com/j05D84l.gifv

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Goons, often wrong.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

One is a now near universally accepted, mainstream movement and the other is an intentionally inflammatory internet leftist meme. I have no problem with people using the ACAB tag personally/think it's dumb they are (possibly) doing temp bans for it, and I'm not saying COD deserves any credit for their half assed corporate BLM nod. But if you think the average person sees them as the same thing it's because we post in a bubble.

veni veni veni posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

Well we do because you're being pretty dumb but in an entertaining way.

So from what I gather the thing that everyone uses as a meme is in fact, not a meme because it's a slogan that existed before the internet? Got it.

I don't even understand what is making everyone freak out here. Saying that an international corporation like Activision isn't going to look at ACAB in the same way as BLM is just common sense. You don't have to approve of it, but if you honestly think the general public isn't going to find it inflammatory you are delusional. Everyone keeps trying to peg this as some personal opinion I have when I am just stating the fact that the mainstream gets pissed off over it. People got pissed off over BLM 6 months ago too, but now it's widely accepted. Do I think that's going to be the case with ACAB? Probably not, because it's a slogan that is meant to be divisive in it's nature, where BLM is not, unless you twist it around like the "all lives matter" people.

I'm not even passing judgement on it. I'm just stating why a mainstream audience, and therefore COD moderation aren't going to see it as the same thing. If they are actually temp banning people for it I think it's dumb as gently caress, but I was originally addressing a guy that didn't seem to grasp why COD would see any sort of distinction between the two.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That’s all well and good but what barrel length option should I choose on the AN-94 to optimize shooting mans in the dick

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
all cops literally are bastards

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

veni veni veni posted:

So from what I gather the thing that everyone uses as a meme is in fact, not a meme because it's a slogan that existed before the internet? Got it.

I don't even understand what is making everyone freak out here. Saying that an international corporation like Activision isn't going to look at ACAB in the same way as BLM is just common sense. You don't have to approve of it, but if you honestly think the general public isn't going to find it inflammatory you are delusional. Everyone keeps trying to peg this as some personal opinion I have when I am just stating the fact that the mainstream gets pissed off over it. People got pissed off over BLM 6 months ago too, but now it's widely accepted. Do I think that's going to be the case with ACAB? Probably not, because it's a slogan that is meant to be divisive in it's nature, where BLM is not, unless you twist it around like the "all lives matter" people.

I'm not even passing judgement on it. I'm just stating why a mainstream audience, and therefore COD moderation aren't going to see it as the same thing. If they are actually temp banning people for it I think it's dumb as gently caress, but I was originally addressing a guy that didn't seem to grasp why COD would see any sort of distinction between the two.

Tell me your thoughts on people with TRUMP or MAGA tags :allears:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

veni veni veni posted:

If someone gets tilted over ACAB or BLM, they can honestly die mad.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Pro move: use police skins and ACAB tag at the same time. Who can hate!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The only good cops are the :cumpolice:

CUMP got banned in BF :smith:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is the new update fun? Are you lot enjoying the new bits on the map etc? I haven’t downloaded it yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

They suck. I don't think they should be bannable just like I don't think ACAB tags should be bannable

Am I just really bad at conveying that I don't actually support banning them in any way? I feel like I have said this 3 times now, but people just glaze over it. :confused:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

Is the new update fun? Are you lot enjoying the new bits on the map etc? I haven’t downloaded it yet.

I have literally noticed no difference other than the stadium being go inable

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Techno Viking skin with double bladed hatchet is super fun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The train rules if you want to play king of the hill

The quad city DJs were onto something

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

moist turtleneck posted:

The train rules if you want to play king of the hill

The quad city DJs were onto something

drat that needs to get added to play when you get on the train.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Me and my friends are experiencing the gun glitch in almost every single match now. It makes the match basically unplayable. It makes the gulag an automatic loss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trying to get the enigma blueprint during a plunder match on a sunday night is not adviced, folks.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

someone tagged ACAB on rando dumpsters and commercial FOR RENT signs all over my city, puts a little pep in my step anytime i come across another one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Nevermind

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Macaluso posted:

Me and my friends are experiencing the gun glitch in almost every single match now. It makes the match basically unplayable. It makes the gulag an automatic loss.

I’ve lost Warzone games because if it. Really annoying.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

My favorite is when it's obscuring the entire loving screen.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon-Lime posted:

I have, yeah. The issue is that its mobility and ADS stats suck and it can't lay fire like an LMG due to the small mags and low RoF, which puts it in an awkward position. I have no issue with it once you actually start shooting people, but it's getting to that point that's a problem.

IMO the solution would be to give the short barrel a steeper range penalty (apparently it's only 10%!) but a better ADS boost so that it can hit average AR ADS speeds if you stack ADS-boosting attachments. That way your choice is between an LMG that can only get 60-round magazines in exchange for consistency at range, or an AR conversion that actually converts the gun into a slow-firing, long-range AR.

Mostly, I want this because I want to have an L85 that's competitive with the actual in-game ARs. :v:
I mean, fair I guess. I use LMGs a lot so the slower handling doesn't bother me as much since all the other (good) LMGs also have poo poo handling anyway.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Insert name here posted:

I mean, fair I guess. I use LMGs a lot so the slower handling doesn't bother me as much since all the other (good) LMGs also have poo poo handling anyway.

My point is I don't really have problems with its default stats, but the attachments that should convert it into an AR just, don't. They're equivalent to slapping a snatch grip and CQB stock on the PKM - it just makes for an LMG with slightly better handling. Basically, there's no way to actually convert it into an L85, stat-wise.

It's especially silly since the only difference between the L85 and L86 is that the L86 has a longer barrel and a bipod, otherwise they're literally the same gun. :v: Meanwhile, the attachments that make the MG36 into a G36C actually do give it AR handling/movespeed, so that's what I wish they would do with the short barrel on the L86.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

God bless the F2P multiplayer playlist. If you want to avoid SBMM for a minute go there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy0rJUNMDaA

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

If someone gets tilted over ACAB or BLM, they can honestly die mad.

I

Hot Diggity! posted:

I used to run MAGA because I figured it would piss people off, but then I realized that the people most likely to get pissed off are all on that bandwagon. So now I rock the Biden tag since ACAB seems like a good way to get banned.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sammus posted:

I used to run MAGA because I figured it would piss people off

absolutely the worst idea I've heard. at least [Biden] is somewhat funny.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Some weird poo poo happened when we played Warzone last night

https://twitter.com/richuncleskelly/status/1292806203580526593?s=19

Is this a known thing to happen, or...?

The text says "know your history" then a bunch of cyrillic characters

I'm guessing it's for the next CoD?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CptAwesome posted:

Some weird poo poo happened when we played Warzone last night

https://twitter.com/richuncleskelly/status/1292806203580526593?s=19

Is this a known thing to happen, or...?

The text says "know your history" then a bunch of cyrillic characters

I'm guessing it's for the next CoD?

Correct. The Russian means “or we’re bound to repeat it” or something close enough to it. This is in addition to the new intel which hints that an unnamed operative is locked in the Gulag.

And I think the crates sent to streamers are meant to open today so I expect the first WZ event to take place this week, hopefully.

EDIT: Crates sent to streamers are opening today at noon EST so keep an eye to see what that is all about.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does it happen when someone opens the secret stadium room?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

No, it's random.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I posted this on the discord but if you're playing WZ on controller on PC, set this up:

If you're on PS4 or Xbox you can plug in a USB keyboard to enable this option.

You can press and hold the plate button until you start plating and then release it, and you will continue to plate until you're full or out of plates, or cancel by retapping the plate button, which means your thumb can go back to helping you move while you run up a stairwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Wow, that’s awesome. I was just complaining about replating with mouse/keyboard on PS4 to my friends last night. Should have known there was an option to fix that.