Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FOODIE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Just dont go up 3!!

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Woof.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This Foudy kid owns.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i love you, Liam

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Every year he lets in soft, backbreaking goals in critical games and every year people defend him as if he’s not being outplayed consistently every series

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Andersen is a choking dog

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Lol Toronto Make Beliefs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cocaine Bear posted:

Why is it in the bowels?

I don't know. I got to go on an arena tour one time as a come-on for season tickets and got to see the media room and locker room and it's probably down in that area not far from the rink.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Leafs are cooked man, I don't know if they can shake that off....

But they look furious here...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Koopa Kid posted:

Every year he lets in soft, backbreaking goals in critical games and every year people defend him as if he’s not being outplayed consistently every series

By giving up a softy to make it 2-0, the Leafs now have the Jackets right where they want them

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen makes $5M. The Leafs traded a first and second to get him. Korpisalo is a third rounder making $1M

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
that "sneak the puck through the goalie hugging the post" maneuver is the signature goal of these playoffs

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
poo poo. I knew the Leafs were in trouble when I saw that broken rear end play developing.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
CBJ forecheck is absolutely relentless

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

I'm guessing nobody runs the 'start from the opposition corner, nobody else anywhere near you' drill in practice

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

By giving up a softy to make it 2-0, the Leafs now have the Jackets right where they want them

They need to give up another to allow CBJ to have the most dangerous lead of all.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Let's see if the Leafs pull Anderson with five minutes to go and go up an equal number of goals.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't know. I got to go on an arena tour one time as a come-on for season tickets and got to see the media room and locker room and it's probably down in that area not far from the rink.

That's actually p neat. I love an informative tour!

Also, the leafs are loving this up for Spezza and should feel bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Koopa Kid posted:

Andersen makes $5M. The Leafs traded a first and second to get him. Korpisalo is a third rounder making $1M

Elvis makes less than a million and was like a 3rd rounder, too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

It’s a numbers thing. With wives/gfs and kids, they’d need multiple suites and the team isn’t giving up that money for nothing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Just brutal, lmao.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Elvis makes less than a million and was like a 3rd rounder, too.

No offence to the Jackets, but the Leafs got goalie’d by their own goalie this series

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t wanna hear “Marincin left him wide open” an NHL goalie doesn’t give up that goal

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

grassy gnoll posted:

Let's see if the Leafs pull Anderson with five minutes to go and go up an equal number of goals.

Lol. I mean, it was Elvis in net then.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

He had a .941 going into this game. He just has impeccable timing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

He had a .941 going into this game. He just has impeccable timing.

The Jackets are terrible at scoring goals and the Leafs have been dominant for long stretches, he’s had less to do than the opposing goalie every game.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

not enough time to let Columbus score again and then get the comeback I worry

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
aye yai yai,

don't start poo poo

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Spezza putting the team on his back & just trying to carry them in
:smith:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jason Spezza coast-to-coast!!! And straight into the ocean!!!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen’s always flawless until he lets in nothing shots from space and all of a sudden the Leafs are losing. It’s so weird that the goalies the Leafs face don’t also do this.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spezza showing these young whipper snappers how it's done

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I'm getting ready to have a hearty chuckle

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Do our friends in the land of the Maple Leafs have to do a Census or something similar? This has been nice for the nerves, but it's fuckin' irritating doing these same questions repeatedly.

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s a numbers thing. With wives/gfs and kids, they’d need multiple suites and the team isn’t giving up that money for nothing.

Gotcha. I thought he was alluding to the location and I was guessing it was more private/less accessible to potential creepers/closer to the locker room so they can go out the exit with hubby after the game.

Koopa Kid posted:

No offence to the Jackets, but the Leafs got goalie’d by their own goalie this series

My point was both Jackets are bargains (until the end of the season, when both get hefty raises) and were mid-round picks.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Andersen’s always flawless until he lets in nothing shots from space and all of a sudden the Leafs are losing. It’s so weird that the goalies the Leafs face don’t also do this.

hint: part of it is that the majority of the leafs never shoot from space, instead opting for the additional pass into traffic

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

oldskool posted:

hint: part of it is that the majority of the leafs never shoot from space, instead opting for the additional pass into traffic

I mean I’ve seen lots of hope shots from the point and people sliding pucks into the crease, we notice less because somehow they don’t become goals!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
How many empty nets has Nyquist missed in this series?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

leafs needed a keeper who would have allowed -1 goals instead of someone who let their dominant offense down this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Please