Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh god these Raspberry Crumb cookies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Those are a big contributer to the weight I've gained since COVID has me much less active. Those and being a 10 minute walk from Costco since April.

horse_ebookmarklet
Oct 6, 2003

can I play too?
My white whale are these frozen chicken cordron bleu (pierre i think?).
Neither the Costco Business Center or standard Costco near me never stock these items.
WHATS THE DEAL. I am a new to the church.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

horse_ebookmarklet posted:

Neither the Costco Business Center or standard Costco near me never stock these items.

while I can't help you, I just wanted to say those are really good. They have way more filling than the ones at like aldi/etc.

FilthyImp posted:

Oh god these Raspberry Crumb cookies!

oh yeah those too, they are fairly expensive by costco standards though, normally it's like $6 a box for 18 and those are $9 a box for a dozen

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

I asked about those a while back at the Costco I go to in Western Washington. It looks like they were only available in Texas at the time, with no plans on bringing them back up here anytime soon.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The nutella crepes are a surefire way to pack on the lbs.

Pop one in the microwave for 10-15 sec and suddenly you've eaten half the bag.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my costco white whale is actually a fish, the smoked whitefish. years ago i saw a whole big rear end smoked fish for sale around christmas and ive never seen one again. one day...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they used to carry 2-packs of Dr. Bronners but I haven't found any since last year.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Kirkland changed their Raisin Bran provider so many times and I got burnt so many times I think I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

For a while I think they had Kirkland brand, and it had these fat, crunchy flakes and was insanely packed with raisins. Then they switched to only carrying Post, and it was crap, but then it wasn't? Then they had Kellogg's and those are paper thin flakes and sugar covered raisins. I think whatever they carry now is a weak-rear end flake and tons of raisins, but I want flakes that are so crunchy I can't hear myself think AND four goddamn scoops of raisins in every bite, like in the old days!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

They're seasonal, I think. I only see them around Christmas. They're my wife's favorite so we always have to clear freezer room.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
dont know if it's the same brand but I loved the cordons at costco used to get em in the bay back in the day

it was tricky getting it to heat evenly in the microwave

Chinatown posted:

they used to carry 2-packs of Dr. Bronners but I haven't found any since last year.

I've seen them at one of the costcos around here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fischtick posted:

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

:haw:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Good deal for anyone who has yet to join the congregation

$60 from Groupon gets you:
  • 1-Year Costco Gold Star Membership w/ Auto-Renewal
  • $40 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
  • $40 Off Any Order of $250+ on Costco.com

Gift card ships in 4-6 weeks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

i just picked up a 2-pack of dr bronners peppermint soap a week or 2 ago when i went. the bottles seem a little smaller than they used to be tho

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Dr Bronners peppermint soap is like an Altoid for your balls. Curiously strong and burns a little

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

canyoneer posted:

Dr Bronners peppermint soap is like an Altoid for your balls. Curiously strong and burns a little

I liken it to eating a peppermint patty from the wrong end.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

canyoneer posted:

It's like mint Listerine for your butthole

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Ravendas posted:

Also, I've been checking costco.com for a 7cbft chest freezer for a few weeks. They have a few that come in stock, then disappear an hour later. I finally snagged one, should be here on Thursday. The food saver is on sale starting this week too, which works perfectly. My next trip is going to be 90% frozen and meats as we fill that thing up.

Just posting to say I hate this poster for planting the seed.

Soon I will have all of the meats.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

canyoneer posted:

I burns my taint and butthole. It hurts. But I still like it.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Man these shrimp chips are real good. So buttery

Plz show me these shrimp chips. I need them and I’m terrible at finding things in the snack aisle.
I haven’t seen them carrying any cocoa powder in a while, what’s up with that? I bought a bag on my inaugural shop last year and haven’t seen it since, and it was genuinely the best cocoa powder I’ve used, even in professional kitchens. The brand name is Rodelle. Thank god I wrote down the brownie recipe on the back!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Plz show me these shrimp chips. I need them and I’m terrible at finding things in the snack aisle.

They're definitely a bit different tasting than the usual calbee ones at the asian grocery. Less shrimpy, more buttery

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That bag loos filthy. What am I supposed to be seeing? A healthy cloud of well dispersed shrimp poo?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

shadow puppet of a posted:

That bag loos filthy. What am I supposed to be seeing? A healthy cloud of well dispersed shrimp poo?

Lol I don't know why they printed it that way, maybe its the bad boy of shrimp chip bags

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

shadow puppet of a posted:

They don't have a graphic designer on staff, and pass the savings on to you

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Just posting to say I hate this poster for planting the seed.

Soon I will have all of the meats.

That chest freezer I ordered on 7/30 that said it's in stock and ships within a week, said it would be here last week, and now the order is just "Order is being processed" according to the tracker.

I need that freezer! We bought the food saver, now we need a place to save the food!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Hmm maybe I have just struck out the times I was there.

Xaris posted:

i just picked up a 2-pack of dr bronners peppermint soap a week or 2 ago when i went. the bottles seem a little smaller than they used to be tho

I think the 2-packs at Costco are smaller in size than the large bottles you get at the supermarket or wherever. But the $/oz is still better.

Also: *takes huge breath*

ALL ONE!!! ALL ONE!!! DILUTE DILUTE OK!!! ALL ONE MIND BODY GOD EARTH SPIRIT!!!
ALL ONE!!!A
LL ONE!!!
TEACH THE MORAL ABC THAT SETS ALL MANKIND FREE!!
ALL ONE!!!
ALL ONE!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FCKGW posted:

Good deal for anyone who has yet to join the congregation

$60 from Groupon gets you:
  • 1-Year Costco Gold Star Membership w/ Auto-Renewal
  • $40 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
  • $40 Off Any Order of $250+ on Costco.com

Gift card ships in 4-6 weeks.

that is a loving deal

they just made me renew when I was checking out at the co even though I thought I was on family plan. I wonder if this can be activated later?

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 11, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I dunno, it seems like he was a kook but the nice hippie kind not the bad kind (or the bad sex-hippie kind).

He soap cleans real good too?

:shrug:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Alan Smithee posted:

that is a loving deal

they just made me renew when I was checking out at the co even though I thought I was on family plan. I wonder if this can be activated later?

You just renewed the family plan. I was on my parents for a long time and because I went more than they did, I always ended up being the one paying for the membership, lol

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

namlosh posted:

You just renewed the family plan. I was on my parents for a long time and because I went more than they did, I always ended up being the one paying for the membership, lol

This is probably part of the reason why Costco is pushing hard on getting people to sign up for auto renewal. If the membership expires, when you go shopping next then Costco forces you to renew the membership at the register or else they won't let you buy your stuff. It's not exactly fair for an 18 year old college student who was just put on their parent's membership to go in and be told "hey you have to pay us an additional $60 or $120 to renew the membership right now on top of what you're spending on groceries, and if that's not cool then tough titties".

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Ravendas posted:

That chest freezer I ordered on 7/30 that said it's in stock and ships within a week, said it would be here last week, and now the order is just "Order is being processed" according to the tracker.

I need that freezer! We bought the food saver, now we need a place to save the food!

Which one did you order? The only non-mega-expensive one on the website (Koolatron) has a shitload of bad reviews. Not regarding the performance of the freezer, mind you, but it seems as though it's terribly common for them to arrive with a ton of shipping damage.

If that's the one you ordered, chime back in here and let us know if it came all beat up!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Schadenboner posted:

I dunno, it seems like he was a kook but the nice hippie kind not the bad kind (or the bad sex-hippie kind).

He soap cleans real good too?

:shrug:

The wikipedia article gets real heavy, real early
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Bronner

quote:

Bronner was born in Heilbronn, Germany, to the Heilbronner family of soap makers.[4] He emigrated to the United States in 1929, dropping "Heil" from his name because of its associations with Nazism.[5] He became a naturalized citizen of the United States in 1936.[5] As the family was Jewish, he pleaded with his parents to emigrate with him for fear of the then-ascendant Nazi Party, but they refused. His last contact with his parents was in the form of a censored postcard saying, "You were right. —Your loving father."[6] His parents were murdered in the Holocaust.
:stare:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

This is probably part of the reason why Costco is pushing hard on getting people to sign up for auto renewal. If the membership expires, when you go shopping next then Costco forces you to renew the membership at the register or else they won't let you buy your stuff. It's not exactly fair for an 18 year old college student who was just put on their parent's membership to go in and be told "hey you have to pay us an additional $60 or $120 to renew the membership right now on top of what you're spending on groceries, and if that's not cool then tough titties".

Your membership expired, what's unfair about paying for a renewal to keep using it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

FCKGW posted:

Your membership expired, what's unfair about paying for a renewal to keep using it?

Nothing unfair. They're saying that with this Costco will automatically ding you annually instead of manually at the register when you go to check out with an expired card.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

Which one did you order? The only non-mega-expensive one on the website (Koolatron) has a shitload of bad reviews. Not regarding the performance of the freezer, mind you, but it seems as though it's terribly common for them to arrive with a ton of shipping damage.

If that's the one you ordered, chime back in here and let us know if it came all beat up!

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I ordered one yesterday after reading that same post. Some of the people complaining about damage seem to be whining about nothing, but there were a few people that claimed the controls were falling off or something significant. I can live with a dent or a scratch on a freezer that is going to sit in my basement, but I'll be home when it's delivered just in case it's more seriously damaged.

Even if it arrives in terrible condition, it's from Costco and I can return it with no hassle. PBUC.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Add me to the pile of people who think Costco's website/e-commerce operation sucks rear end. I ordered a laptop for warehouse pickup, had a confirmation number, was told to expect an email when it was available for pickup at the warehouse. Fast forward a few days and I get an email about how my order was cancelled without explanation. Try to call and get it worked out, it refers me back to the website which has no helpful answers. Call customer support and the system tells me there's a 94 minute hold time to talk to a rep.

gently caress. THAT. Yes, I can shop elsewhere but dammit I was needing this for my kid's school first of next week.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The Midniter posted:

They pop in and out of stock nightly. I ordered the Midea one, which isn't on the site right now, but if you keep refreshing each day you might see it pop back in.

They also have complaints of dents, but not to the extent of the Koolatron's issues.

Midea 7.0 cu ft Chest Freezer - MRC07M5AWW
Item #1383611
$269.99

https://www.costco.com/midea-7.0-cu.-ft.-chest-freezer.product.100534902.html

That will come up as a 'sorry we dont have that item!' link, right up until it pops up on the site randomly. I thought I was lucky that I caught it while it was briefly in stock, but it's been two weeks nearly and it hasn't shipped yet.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Covid has put a weird bottleneck on appliances. Both my parents and my aunt had their refrigerators die this month and there's weeks of lead time. Aunt is waiting an extra week or so for hers to get it in white.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I agree with you, but I was just trying to explain a situation where someone other than the primary person on the account has to be charged. If I put my elderly mother on my account and she only shops there once every few months, I would feel bad if she had to pay the $120 for the membership because I wasn't able to make it there in time to do it myself. And on Costco's end they can't and shouldn't make an exception for someone other the the primary person.

Costco should just charge for the membership on a monthly basis or even every six months. $120 seems like a lot for the membership, but an executive membership is cheaper than a Netflix subscription but people don't see it that way because they have to pay for the whole year up front.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Covid has put a weird bottleneck on appliances. Both my parents and my aunt had their refrigerators die this month and there's weeks of lead time. Aunt is waiting an extra week or so for hers to get it in white.

My mom's fridge died in April and she wasn't able to get a new one until June. She had to use a mini fridge with a tiny freezer for two months while she waited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Executive membership costs the same as Amazon Prime, if you didn't buy anything. The more you buy the cheaper the executive membership is, too.

I think the reason for the auto renewal is twofold, one, it's automatic and people are less likely to stop and think critically about whether or not it's a good value, so they continue being a member by default.

Second, getting renewal away from checkstand payment removes the psychological impact of seeing how much it costs, and the pressure on the one extra expensive trip a year.

Every other benefit is happenstance really. I'm sure having lil MacKenzie have to pay the family bill when she's there hurts the rep a little.