Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Like if you go to a gathering and there's nibbles if you see a bowl of monster munch you're going to wonder who the target audience is.

In 2002 I lived in Norwich I think

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

kecske posted:

figs have 2x the bumholes for eating
i used to love figs until i learned about the fig wasp, and now i don't eat them any more

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Like if you go to a gathering and there's nibbles if you see a bowl of monster munch you're going to wonder who the target audience is.

Monsters

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

^^^ well quite

I've got a fig tree that produces endless figs and then shits them all over the drive. After like three fig heavy meals you give up

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I was 14 in 2002 and probably asking randos ASL? on MSN

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I was also playing a lot of Halo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im playing halo right now

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Heh more like Gaylo

PS2 rules

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh no computer posted:

i used to love figs until i learned about the fig wasp, and now i don't eat them any more

Tell me about the fig wasp

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I was reading these forums in 2002

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ratjaculation posted:

Heh more like Gaylo

PS2 rules

nice homophobia!!!1!

ps2 is for solo games, xbox is for games with friends

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I bought myself a GameCube around then too with paper round money, a feat I'm so proud of that I still own it today and whip out Mario Party

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kecske posted:

nice homophobia!!!1!

ps2 is for solo games, xbox is for games with friends

The people I heard on voice chat on Halo didn't sound like friends.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

Tell me about the fig wasp
the pollen-laden females burrow into the figs and then can't get out so they die and decompose inside it, thus pollinating it. the enzymes in the fig are meant to completely digest it so it's apparently "fine", but i wont hear of it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the greatest game series of all time is ape escape

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I still have a PS1 a friend gave me at my mom's house complete with running copies of Tekken 3, Bushido Blade 2, Xenogears (god help us), Armored Core and Final Fantasy Tactics.

I fire up that bad boy when I'm visiting mom with a ice cold ice tea peach.

Oh I almost forgot my favorite game, Kagero 2: Deadly Delusion.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

2020 mood: worrying that you might be the worst person in the world and then suddenly realising that everyone else eats the apple cores and won't wear masks during a pandemic, plus they eat the loving apple cores

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Neurophonic posted:

Monster Munch aren’t even crisps. They’re inflated pasta.

:prepop:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

captain scarlet

gently caress yes

i remember the theme tune

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I like prawn cocktail Pringles

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

sour cream are the best thanks

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I have yet to meet a crisp where salt and vinegar wasnt my favourite. Just a salt fiend.

Remember discos? They are next level salty. Ludicrous

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

I have yet to meet a crisp where salt and vinegar wasnt my favourite. Just a salt fiend.

idk what it was with the prawn discos but their flavouring machine must have hosed up regularly because there always used to be the odd bag that had poo poo loads of flavour on them with a load of pure flavour dust dumped in the bottom

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Sudden Javelin posted:

please tell me what happened to discos. They were around last year, then bam, gone.

I want to burn my tongue

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

the snaffling pig is hands down the best brand of pork scratching. just salt and pig. 20/20 vision out of 10

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I got a multipack of discos from home bargain the other day and they were absolute shite. Not how I remember then at all! I'm gonna guess they changed them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

you know what having hosed up taste is a sign of these days?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Remember being a kid and your mum would do a food shop and bring home Golden Wonders instead of Walkers and you’d just think “for gently caress sake!”

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

golden wonders are an exotic delight

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Aldi Salt and Vinegar crisps used to be the best of all crisps about 10 years ago when they were branded as “Sprinters”

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone remember these? I think the different flavours were different categories. The answers were printed inside the packet. An excellent way to pass the time at the lunch table.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I only really like boojie crisps like kettle chips

And tortilla chips but my gf doesn't like them

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Hell to the yes

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

a caterpillar crawled half way up one of my windows at the back and stopped, i was going to brush it off and kill it but i thought he might be turning into a butterfly so i'd leave him him be and i could watch :). the beauty of nature :):)

checked this morning and his corpse is currently being devoured by a bunch of green larvae that appear to have burst from his sides.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the beauty of wasp parasitism

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

oh no computer posted:

the pollen-laden females burrow into the figs and then can't get out so they die and decompose inside it, thus pollinating it. the enzymes in the fig are meant to completely digest it so it's apparently "fine", but i wont hear of it.

They're supposed to die in there, their wings break off as they force their way in. You also missed the part where they lay their eggs inside the fig, and then the wingless males mate with the females, chew their way out of the fig and then die, letting the newly fertilised females out to continue the cycle. Nature be wild.

Edit: ok you're accurately talking about the female figs which we go on to eat, I'm on about the male figs.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 10, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
That "figs having -dissolved- dead wasps inside" knowledge kinda ruined the fruit for me because I'm a big baby that cannot shake the dread of the chance of finding half composed one inside.

They were really good for having wonderful poops, tho.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

You also missed the part where they lay their eggs inside the fig, and then the wingless males mate with the females, chew their way out of the fig and then die, letting the newly fertilised females out to continue the cycle.
that's only in the male flowers (the inedible ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Galewolf posted:

That "figs having -dissolved- dead wasps inside" knowledge kinda ruined the fruit for me because I'm a big baby that cannot shake the dread of the chance of finding half composed one inside.

They were really good for having wonderful poops, tho.

The wasps are like 2mm long, I don’t think you’d notice if there was one. Does that make it worse or better? :v: