Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Been working my way through the Steel Path. I have to say, the Steel Path is a lonely one...seems like I hardly ever encounter a pubbie and when I do it's usually just a single one at a time. Also a tip for anybody else unlocking the solar system in the Steel Path: the specters guarding the solar rails can't do poo poo if you hit them with Magus Lockdown, and you can hit them with it repeatedly...which basically just lets you shoot them while they stand there, until they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How are people building Grendel? I ended up watching the Brozime video on him and his build is really different to the groupthink on Overframe?

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Arsonide posted:

Been working my way through the Steel Path. I have to say, the Steel Path is a lonely one...seems like I hardly ever encounter a pubbie and when I do it's usually just a single one at a time. Also a tip for anybody else unlocking the solar system in the Steel Path: the specters guarding the solar rails can't do poo poo if you hit them with Magus Lockdown, and you can hit them with it repeatedly...which basically just lets you shoot them while they stand there, until they die.

I'd say 90% of Steel Path was solo for me. Picked up a little around Pluto where maybe every couple maps one person would join but I don't think I ever had a full squad at any point.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Are there any good nodes worth farming on for the steel path?

I went to SP plains to grab some pyrotic, figured that i could just avoid most enemies while cave diving for free resource boost.

Noticed wierdness: The resource booster does not appear to stack in the same way that weekend doublers and relic missions do.

Normally you get 1 sentirum/nyth, 2 with a booster, 4 with a kat buff.
Steel path you get 2, and only 4 if you 100% 4-5star the node.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Flipswitch posted:

How are people building Grendel? I ended up watching the Brozime video on him and his build is really different to the groupthink on Overframe?

I'd trust random overframe builds over Brozime. Only mildly interesting thing about Grendel is his buffs, so good duration and strength.

He can also run the Inaros special: put in Vitality then close your eyes and click wildly on the mod screen. Whatever you end up with is a viable build because the frame is just a sack of hp that runs around swinging a sword.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

My Disruption nightmare is over and I have Gauss and holy poo poo I love you the Flash. Should I just build him for duration for Redline or what?

Pretty much. Duration, run speed, efficiency/range to taste. I tend not to care about range since I just use 3 for boss armor strip in SP where I don't need it to cover a room. Keep your 2 and 4 up permanently and use 1 whenever possible.

S.J. posted:

Did the different focus trees ever get updated? I never really got to the point where I knew what the gently caress I was doing there anyways.

Fully unlock the first, edash, and the melee heavy attack (this changed recently) nodes in Zenurik. Unlock the first Naramon node fully. Unlock all the waybounds. Get enough capacity to activate all of these at once. This gets you all the benefits you actually would care about outside of dolons.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

slow_twitch posted:

I'd say 90% of Steel Path was solo for me. Picked up a little around Pluto where maybe every couple maps one person would join but I don't think I ever had a full squad at any point.

It's almost like the people asking for it were a tiny but vocal minority of players. Raids here we come.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Steel Path is spread over 230 nodes and you have to do it sequentially. There's also no incentive to ever return to a node after completing it. The mode doesn't really support group play or running into randoms, regardless of how many players are engaging with it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yeah, it's the same issue with finding people to play with on the regular star chart but with much stricter population prerequisites and less reason to re-visit individual node

Eventually there might be more reason to casually engage with the mode, like if they ever sort out Steel Essence and give us more toys in the shop, but right now it's mostly there to test the battle-readiness of my builds - which is kinda what DE's stated goal for the mode was in the first place

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'd much rather have a warframe equivalent of Diablo 3 greater rifts to push the hell out of souped-up min max whales, because it would still give the rest of us something fun to gently caress around with and potentially get rewards from.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

What the hell is with these Meso I1 relics not dropping? Come on, I need my inaros prime

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm lucky I have a friend willing to do Steel Path with me, or else I'd just be loving with it solo. Steel Essence is a pain in the rear end, given how much you need.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

It is nice to get a few players on an interception or disruption map on Steel Path, but besides that I'm still enjoying it. Actually worrying about dying and enemies on instantly melting is actually nice.

More rewards for essence, more mod or item rewards, or stuff like amalgam mods from it would be really nice and an incentive to do them. Or arcanes.

Also the boss fights, except Sergeant, are actually challenging and I really really appreciate that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've found the bosses bounce between "literally impossible" to "as trivial as usual" depending on loadout. I showed up one time and fought Terra Frame Vay Hek for 20-some minutes, then came back with a Shedu and he basically melted. My first Steel Path Lech Kril was a record run, he just loving melted. Having to build for Steel Path Lephantis has made my usual dread of sortie Lephantis go away, at least.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

gnoma posted:

I'd trust random overframe builds over Brozime. Only mildly interesting thing about Grendel is his buffs, so good duration and strength.

He can also run the Inaros special: put in Vitality then close your eyes and click wildly on the mod screen. Whatever you end up with is a viable build because the frame is just a sack of hp that runs around swinging a sword.

While Brozime's build isn't ideal (come on you don't put on both maxed out Fleeting Expertise and Streamline on a build), it's broadly in the right spot for one of his two archetypes. The first archetype is Gnoma's build: high duration and strength, low range and efficiency. Eat a handful of enemies, get Nourish buff off them, and use your weapons to kill enemies.

The second Grendel involves balancing all his attributes, and emphasizing the ability to sustain your energy drain as you constantly drag enemies towards you, crowd control them within your stomach or barfed up at your feet sans armor. I actually prefer this playstyle, it's more dramatic and impactful as you're constantly dragging enemies around. The downside is the buffs don't feel good to use without high duration, it feels like it takes over a second to cycle to and cast each Nourish buff, and as a proportion of your APM in a fast-paced game, they take far too long to utilize. The same problem with Titania buffs, but her abilities at least have a fixed 2min duration.

Grendel is honestly a really good frame once you have your Arcane Energize fully built up, the amount of CC and survivability and defence strip/bypass it can build up is quite impressive, he just needs some way of maintaining momentum with a brutal energy drain. But he's not clearly obvious to play in the same way as Saryn or Mesa.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

TalonDemonKing posted:

What the hell is with these Meso I1 relics not dropping? Come on, I need my inaros prime

are you on PC? if so what is your in game name? I have many I1's you can take

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Grendel is honestly a really good frame once you have your Arcane Energize fully built up, the amount of CC and survivability and defence strip/bypass it can build up is quite impressive, he just needs some way of maintaining momentum with a brutal energy drain. But he's not clearly obvious to play in the same way as Saryn or Mesa.

I'll say this about grendel: His cannonball augment is real fun, but he has some real issues with energy drain.

He needs a retuning, badly.

The best thing I could come up with was to use a low-ranked Combat Discipline on him along with Equilibrium so that whenever any swallowed enemy died you automatically were able to recover energy from their health orb. Along with the whole energize package, primed flow, and 175% efficiency.

It wasn't enough.

Even the good old synoid gammacor-while-in-morph-ball trick didn't do it.

Maybe with the full dethcube energy generator package too.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

They need to get rid of the ramping up energy drain. It's dumb as gently caress given that you need enemies in his stomach at all times

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

slow_twitch posted:

are you on PC? if so what is your in game name? I have many I1's you can take

TheSmilingCat, but I won't be on till tomorrow evening. I appreciate the offer!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks for replies all - are brozime videos not worth following?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kinda depends on what you're following him for. He's mostly fine. Certainly very knowledgeable about the game, but sometimes he has a hot take I disagree with, and he can be a bit abrasive/condescending here and there.

Frame builds can vary wildly, so it's not a bad idea to sanity check with the thread here before dumping a ton of forma into something based off of one video.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If Brozime doesn't like a warframe, he'll never actually give it enough time of day to learn how it works properly, and so any guide he does on them is trash.
Examples of good frames he's just decided not to like:
- Hildryn ("all her skills do nothing")
- Valkyr ("She does a load of damage and is invincible but that's all she does (????))" *
- Vauban (I literally think he only read the re-work patch notes without actually playing him his take is so bad)
- Wukong ("All he has is celestial twin")
* - but he ranks Inaros an A+ because he is invincible. Go figure.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I ended up listening to his videos just because the sheer amount of content he's put out and for some reason I just most Warframe YouTubers a bit dull? His personality and style is a bit off putting too.

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of content creators and none of them have really stuck out as being particularly great.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah. Shy is a weird cliquey humour which I appreciate but I can't say "You must watch this."

LeyzarGamingViews gives good gun info, but only gun info really and currently gun builds in Warframe have like 1 or 2 optional slots usually because one meta build is just the best.

And for actual news and progress reports you should just follow Prime Time.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

(come on you don't put on both maxed out Fleeting Expertise and Streamline on a build),

I didn't read the rest of this post, (I'm sorry) but if the build is based around making a channeled ability cost the least, then maxed FE and streamline is actually good as it allows you to keep a lower duration stat than you ordinarily would to get to the minimum energy drain.

I'm phone posting, but I'm sure the wiki has the breakdown of efficiency % and duration combos for how much a channeled ability cost is factored. In some dumb math the channeled ability uses the raw effeciency % above the normal 75% max.

Unless they changed it and I missed it?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Leyzar is the only one I like.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'll try LeyzarGamingViews, thanks! I do watch Shy as well but that's more because it's a bit different to the rest.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

DelphiAegis posted:

I didn't read the rest of this post, (I'm sorry) but if the build is based around making a channeled ability cost the least, then maxed FE and streamline is actually good as it allows you to keep a lower duration stat than you ordinarily would to get to the minimum energy drain.

I'm phone posting, but I'm sure the wiki has the breakdown of efficiency % and duration combos for how much a channeled ability cost is factored. In some dumb math the channeled ability uses the raw effeciency % above the normal 75% max.

Unless they changed it and I missed it?

Nope. Maxed out FE is +60 efficiency -60 duration, Max Streamline is +30 efficiency, but the efficiency cap is 175, so going over it is both a waste of mod capacity and duration malus. The only time you'd ever put on both maxed is if you are also running Blind Rage, so to counteract that mods efficiency malus.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'm still annoyed that I wasted time and Vitus on loving Grendel, only to immediately bounce of his horrific energy economy, but I've yet to make more than a couple attempts at getting the last part I need for Harrow, who has kit and aesthetics right up my alley.

Priorities! I'm about to trek back across the US with my sister's family in tow so I'll soon (two weeks!! :shepface:) be back to frowning every day that I log in and remember that I voluntarily threw a month of progress towards Primed Sure Footed away for this!!

Anyway. Main takeaways I got from secondhand TennoCon info: Derelict is finally getting proper matchmaking with its new facelift and addition of the infested open world node, DE chaos dunked on everyone who spaced their vanilla frames after crafting primed versions, and everyone is praying that there aren't too many hell farm frames we have to farm a dupe to feed to the helminth. Oh, and we're getting this stuff soon? That'll be a nice treat when I have my PC and internet back on hand. Even better if an ambitious all-platform release means the worst jank gets fixed within a one or two weeks instead of months!

It would almost be enough for me to forgive DE for betraying me, personally, by throwing dirt pocket sand in my face when they moved Inaros in front of Nezha on the Prime release schedule for absolutely no reason or payoff.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Phobophilia posted:

Nope. Maxed out FE is +60 efficiency -60 duration, Max Streamline is +30 efficiency, but the efficiency cap is 175, so going over it is both a waste of mod capacity and duration malus. The only time you'd ever put on both maxed is if you are also running Blind Rage, so to counteract that mods efficiency malus.

I know it seems like that's how it should work, but Delphi is actually right here because this game was coded by a team of jovial Canadian madmen

channeled abilities interact strangely with the efficiency cap because they also scale off duration, so when you're at a significant duration malus you can feel free to (and may even need to) exceed 175. for example, at 40% duration, 175% efficiency you're at 62% of normal drain -- at 40%/190% you're at 25%.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I want to shove more forma into nezha but I just cant when prime version is on the horizon. Or past the horizon, I dunno. In other excellent nezha news, animal instinct finally dropped for me, meaning I could finally take out the radar from the exilus slot and put what needs to be there: streamlined form

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Building out Titania properly for the first time. What are some interesting builds and ways to play her?

I don't get the best ways to use her 3. Likewise the 2, where I've just been keeping Thorns up for the 75%(?) damage mitigation. There's a lot of stuff in her kit, is it all useful?

The Infinity Mag build that was linked here is a ton of fun. Still learning to use it properly, relying on Rolling Guard and Natural Talent to keep squishy frames alive is quite different from my usual load up on tankiness play.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 10, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Razorwing, shoot stuff, cast the2 s when out of ammo.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

v1ld posted:

Building out Titania properly for the first time. What are some interesting builds and ways to play her?

Buffs up, Razorwing Blitz, Arcane Pistoleer, Aerodynamic, Aviator, and you get to hold down the button all day while A) flying really fast, B) being nearly invulnerable and C) doing all the damage. Her primary weakness is needing to aim.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Harrow parts and Khora BP from streams this week

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212541-livestream-schedule-august-10-14/

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
DE just taunting Tallgeese at this point.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
watch this stream for 30 minutes to have all scannable objects entered into your codex

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Why aren't DE putting these in the Orbiter News console? I wouldn't know if y'all didn't share them here - thanks!

Thinking of the person yesterday who'd just run NSO 15 times for Khora Systems. Didn't have the heart to tell them about last week's stream drops.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

tbf, it's probably safe to skip Tuesday's...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
ty tenno