Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/osakaki_yt/status/1292243340990115840?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

overseas vtuber fans are already happy listening to adults talking like infants, you don't have to do much to excite them further

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm glad all the Vtubers got their Let's Play Licenses renewed so nobody will try to arrest them for practicing without one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

Oh no, I'm going to bed just before 10 rather than stay up until 1am playing video games!

I'm turning into An Old

I'm not, I'm up to 1:30 weekdays, 3 am weekends. I get up at 8:59 am and work at 9.

WFH owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GWsdqCYvgw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
1 am to 6:30 am on weekdays, I still commute

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxxidation posted:

Oof, that's brutal.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Please Get Eight Hours Of Sleep Every Night

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

Please Get Eight Hours Of Sleep Every Night

I feel really lovely over six

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oxxidation posted:

bet you get through a lot of podcasts

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

bet you get through a lot of podcasts

i have no use for podcasts. podcasts, bah

it's only when i get below four hours a night that things in my body/brain start to go ping, otherwise i just make it on catnaps when i can't keep my eyes open

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oxxidation posted:

i have no use for podcasts. podcasts, bah

it's only when i get below four hours a night that things in my body/brain start to go ping, otherwise i just make it on catnaps when i can't keep my eyes open

Oh you sleep 1 am to 6:30 am. I thought you meant you commute from 1 am to 6:30 am.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i do two four-hour sleep periods. my doc had no issue with it

only issue is sometimes it becomes 5+ if i keep hitting the snooze button. my roommate apparently has an alarm clock where you have to do a mild puzzle to snooze, so your brain is forced to wake up a little, i should probably look into that

still, if my body needs extra sleep i'm not going to deny that to my body

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 10, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don't need a special alarm clock, just make sure to put it far enough away that you have to get up and take a few steps to turn it off

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

This must be an Aussie thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

haveblue posted:

You don't need a special alarm clock, just make sure to put it far enough away that you have to get up and take a few steps to turn it off

balance it delicately on the edge of your nightstand so when you hit snooze you'll knock it off and if you want to hit snooze again you'll have to find it on the floor.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I get exactly eight hours of sleep no matter what I do. Alarms don't wake me I just have to make sure I go to sleep about eight hours before I need to wake up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Or get a pet, they're like fuzzy alarm clocks you can only turn off by feeding them breakfast (also the time setting is more of a loose suggestion)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i got stick bugged :(

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

haveblue posted:

Or get a pet, they're like fuzzy alarm clocks you can only turn off by feeding them breakfast (also the time setting is more of a loose suggestion)

I usuall wake up at 6, but from like 4 oclock on if anything wakes my dog up he decides that's good enough and insists on breakfast

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been listening the sleep meditation things on the calm app lately and they always have me asleep in like 5-10 minutes when it used to take me an hour or two it's great

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My cat has figured out a path into the bedroom at night that involves getting high up on top of something and leaping down onto the bed, so more than once I've been woken up 30 minutes early by a very hard blow to the back of my leg

pictured: stupid hungry rear end in a top hat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel really lovely over six

I'm the same way. I've tried multiple different ways and medications to try and get to the much-vaunted eight hours of sleep a night, and every time I've managed to hit it, I've felt terrible the next day. I'm autistic, so it might just be some kind of weird brain abnormality, however.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

I'm the same way. I've tried multiple different ways and medications to try and get to the much-vaunted eight hours of sleep a night, and every time I've managed to hit it, I've felt terrible the next day. I'm autistic, so it might just be some kind of weird brain abnormality, however.

Different people need different amounts of sleep

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

postmodifier posted:

Pizza or no pizza, this is the Charlie Foxtrot content I keep coming back for, thanks, I'll check this out.

Re: wiz101/neopets, it just strikes me in the same garbage way of aping popular references to cultivate a playerbase that is just handcuffed to the next injection of nostalgia that you can also pay 25 dollars to show other people you're more nostalgic for the thing!!!!

But that's also 99% of MMO operation, so I guess maybe it's just the cartoonish aspect that is rubbing me the wrong way?

Like the entire egyptian croodile batch of stuff FAK posted is just like, hey, remember in world of warcraft when you did this exact same plot??? Pay us, instead???

to be fair Warcraft deserves to be lumped in with those two probably more than those two do. Yeah, macy grey was once an actual Neopet, but they also eventually put a lot of effort into creating their own lore and plots that weren't just japes of other games (still plenty of room for that stuff across the sites features n poo poo tho).

Warcraft is a franchise built on a principle of "no original ideas." They were all playing Dune 2 and wanted to make their own version of it. They were obsessed with Warhammer but couldn't get the license and so they just ripped off elements so they could have control over the IP. Then in WC3 they basically opened the floodgates to adding in other franchises things, every unit needed to regurgitate some pop culture reference. W.I.L.D. Cowboys of Moo Mesa? No no these are Tauren. By WoW they are full on even just recycling their own material adding in Protoss to WoW (later on they decided Starcraft 2 and WoWarcraft should basically have the same cosmology and ultimate foe).

The egyptian crocodile stuff in WoW was itself just ripped off a religion and culture anyway, turning religions into monsters to beat up is something they do several times.

quote:

Years after the launch of Warcraft my dad, upon returning from a trip to Asia, gave me a present of a set of Warhammer miniatures in the form of a skeleton charioteer and horses with the comment: “I found these cool toys on my trip and they reminded me a lot of your game; you might want to have your legal department contact them because I think they’re ripping you off.” Hmmm!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i definitely need more sleep than i'm getting but i stay up very late because i don't want tomorrow to happen

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Isn't it now generally agreed that 8 hours is too much and that 7 is the sweet spot?

My sleep pattern varies so much I've probably permanently hosed some part of me. I'll get anywhere between 4 and 7 hours on a weeknight and between 7 and 11 hours at the weekends.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

stev posted:

Isn't it now generally agreed that 8 hours is too much and that 7 is the sweet spot?

It depends on the person!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB and I finished up the Grizzleheim story which amounted to finding out that a secret group of ravens known as the Coven were attempting to bring about the Everwinter in order to freeze and end the entirety of the known universe. Then the Coven hosed off to a place called Wintertusk and we're not gonna bother with that place yet. Instead, we decided to go check out the Immortal Games that the Myth Magic Professor had asked us to participate in.

The immortal games are just an optional side area where wizards from all over the Spiral are invited to Aquila in order to ascend Mount Olympus and do battle with various members of the Greek pantheon for said pantheon's amusement. So basically it is just Zeus wanting to get into some fights with mortals so he can entertain himself.

Some shots from Aquila before we went to Mount Olympus.

KCB's new mount, a 2-person mount so she can drag my slow bumbling rear end around.

Loading screen that shows what Zeus looks like.

Mount Olympus itself is just a big arena with some rooms off to the side and the actual arena having some statues for a puzzle set up by Eris Golden Apple.

Athena greeted us and gave us our tasks.

First task was to beat up some different enemies in order to get some items to solve the puzzle Eris had set up. The fights were mainly against generic enemies except for the Sun Chamber where we had to fight Apollo.

They pronounced his name "A Pollo" though as a joke because he's a chicken and pollo is Spanish for chicken.

While the 2nd token was in the room belonging to Artemis, Artemis wasn't actually there because she was busy doing other poo poo. Here's a pic from her chamber though. Stuff like this and the throne and statue and other shots make me wish that the game had a better photo mode. I'd love to get better shots but the photo mode is unnecessarily restrictive and a lot of neat things end up impossible to get a good shot of.

So once we got all of the tokens, we had to challenge Eris. Her puzzle was based around figuring out which of the 3 tokens we had would defeat each of her 3 statues. The room had tapestries around it telling of some bits of history as hints for who beats who, but while I was taking screenshots KCB ended up solving the puzzle without even looking at the tapestries and just going with gut instinct. I didn't even get a chance to screenshot the puzzle lol, though I did take a screenshot of the tapestries because I thought they were interesting.

That last one is actually repeated twice and it appears on both sides of a door to an optional boss, the gladiator Dimachaerus himself. The wiki said that he is intended to be fought by level 90 wizards though and we're only level 47. We were planning to go try to fight him anyway once we finished the rest of the dungeon but that wasn't possible and I'll get around to why later. Anyway, Eris told us that if we wanted to fight Zeus, we'd need the aid of Hephaestus in creating (or at least directing us to) a weapon to give us a fighting chance.

Hephaestus was like "yeah sure but first can you run around and find 4 statues of bronze eagles for me" so we did that and then he was all like "Yeah ok you did it, anyway I made a weapon that would help but I made it for Ares so you should challenge Ares and take the weapon from him." So here's Ares.

And here's KCB getting skewered by his special anime attack.

And here's vid footage of him using that attack on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0p92TiEwk

After that, Ares said he was going easy on us and he won't be so forgiving next time. I ran to the door leading to the room Zeus was chilling in. A textbox for Zeus popped up. The game crashed because I had closed out of the recording software I was using. The launcher spent like 10 minutes slowly repatching audio files before it let me back into the game. The way dungeons in Aquila work is that unlike regular dungeons, you can't teleport out of them at all or you'll have to redo everything. You can't teleport to a friend who is already in them. These are things you can normally do, but these features are unavailable for stuff like Mount Olympus. So I load into the game and because the game crashed, I was now outside of Mount Olympus and would have to redo everything in the dungeon. KCB ended up leaving it because she didn't want to fight Zeus by herself and we agreed to just hold off until sometime later today (this stuff was all done last night). It was a disheartening and frustrating end to the dungeon, especially since Ares had a unique trait which was that he'll counter anything so ideally you want to set up lots of defenses, debuffs, and buffs so you can defeat him in only a couple of attacks instead of a bunch. Not a hard fight, just one that required enough strategy and thinking that I didn't want to deal with that again at that moment. Oh well. We'll beat up Zeus later.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Andrast posted:

It depends on the person!

I think age is supposed to be a factor as well. Something like the older you are the less sleep you tend to need. Personally, if I get less than 8 its harder to get up but once I'm up I don't feel that different as long as I've gotten at least 5 - 6 hours

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got like 12 or 13 hours yesterday I think.

I'm still tired today and I know I'm going to crash soon because when I try to look at words, I have to keep reminding myself to read the words around it and my vision pulses and I drop out of reality mentally for a moment just trying to read words even if I'm the one typing them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After a weekend of playing the beta test of Marvel's Avengers, I am not feeling confident in this game. Granted this is an unfinished version of the game, but it's also less than a month out. It's a Games as a Service title, so falling face first is standard but still.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
scientists barely know what's even going on in sleep or why you'll die if you don't do it. just sleep sometimes, aim for as much as feels good to you. until they publish a universal sleep theory it's all fair game, sleep with your eyes open, sleep for 10,000 hours to master it, sleep just 20 minutes every hour forever, the sky is the limit -- jk u can sleep in the sky

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sleep in the sky if you paid five figures for an emirates cabin

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

After a weekend of playing the beta test of Marvel's Avengers, I am not feeling confident in this game. Granted this is an unfinished version of the game, but it's also less than a month out. It's a Games as a Service title, so falling face first is standard but still.

If there's any kind of public beta, the game is basically not going to change very much at all between the test and release. If they let you "test" out the mtx systems, it's basically just a soft launch.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

Can you confirm every character has a battle pass

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Vtubers are real people? Not vocaloids?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can you confirm every character has a battle pass

Yes, I am pretty sure they do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1292750661080227847?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oooooh I am pretty glad Sony accepted my refund request for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it was literally impossible that this marvel game would be good

unless it came with a marvel heroes pack-in