Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, for some reason, the nozzles turn invincible if you shoot them. I suppose they'll fix that at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I'm MR 24, have been playing for two years, and today I killed my first eidolon.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 10, 2020

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Re: Forward Artillery -
Once you get into the highest level Veil missions, a single arty blast into an engine will not kill a crewship in one shot. Take the Carcinnox (or the Apoc, but the Carcinnox is faster) and pump rounds into the hull of the crewship till you get at least 5-6 plasma procs, that will reduce the armor enough to allow one-shotting again. Alternatively you can take the forward arty damage avionic.

This trick's also useful if you're soling veil. You can kill all three engines on a crewship, then stack 20-30 plasma procs. At that level you can one-shot even without hitting an engine.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

BabelFish posted:

Once you get into the highest level Veil missions, a single arty blast into an engine will not kill a crewship in one shot.

Is this true even with the artillery damage avionic + the shield perk that makes you deal more damage while your shields are depleted?

Notably you DON'T need the perk to one-shot crewships in Gian Point, so the perk seems kind of pointless if it falls entirely within the margins...

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 10, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I also wonder if corpro affects crewships, but I'm much too lazy to test.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

I run Arcane Ultimatum with Fatal Teleport and Umbral Vitality + Intensify for Battle Ash Action ! ! !

Games > Warframe: Farm space ninas and make an ash out of yourself

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

BabelFish posted:

Re: Forward Artillery -
Once you get into the highest level Veil missions, a single arty blast into an engine will not kill a crewship in one shot.

Not true. Artillery is hard coded to one shot if you hit the weak points. Level, distance, avionics, etc. make no difference as long as you hit a weak point.

This is Ruse War Field, the highest level mission in veil, with no artillery avionic or status priming or missing shields damage boost: https://streamable.com/keay27

You can tell that there is weird coding involved with weak points because the damage number that pops up will always match the current HP of the crew ship when you hit it. If you hit a full hp crew ship it will show 200k damage, if you hit a weakened one it will only show like 47k damage or whatever.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

okay same question but for hitting the main body of the ship, then

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Guilty posted:

I'm MR 24, have been playing for two years, and today I killed my first eidolon.
Since closed beta and built my first amp last week :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Veil is when non-engine hits with artillery stop oneshotting, but they still do about (vague estimate) 75% of a crewship's hp.

This means you'd only need about +33% damage to start oneshotting on non-engine hits again.
The artillery damage avionic maxes out at +68% damage, or +93.5% with a fully-upgraded grid, so you should have no issues oneshotting on non-engine hits.

I'm not sure whether the Zekti shield perk is enough to actually make the difference without checking the exact damage in game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I stopped playing around when Rail jack came out and trying to upgrade my own ship is a wall of gibberish and poorly described upgrades, is there any decent guides out there for getting started on jacking it?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

gnoma posted:

Not true. Artillery is hard coded to one shot if you hit the weak points. Level, distance, avionics, etc. make no difference as long as you hit a weak point.

This is Ruse War Field, the highest level mission in veil, with no artillery avionic or status priming or missing shields damage boost: https://streamable.com/keay27

You can tell that there is weird coding involved with weak points because the damage number that pops up will always match the current HP of the crew ship when you hit it. If you hit a full hp crew ship it will show 200k damage, if you hit a weakened one it will only show like 47k damage or whatever.

Huh, I am indeed wrong. I must be remembering before they did the railjack enemy HP/armor rebalance.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Veil is when non-engine hits with artillery stop oneshotting, but they still do about (vague estimate) 75% of a crewship's hp.

This means you'd only need about +33% damage to start oneshotting on non-engine hits again.
The artillery damage avionic maxes out at +68% damage, or +93.5% with a fully-upgraded grid, so you should have no issues oneshotting on non-engine hits.

I'm not sure whether the Zekti shield perk is enough to actually make the difference without checking the exact damage in game.

Just tested it, sometimes you get 2/3 of a ruse war field's crewship worth of damage, sometimes only 1/3. It seems the shot can crit.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The biggest difference for me is the armor strip status from the pilot guns.

Just like, slap a carcinex on and magdump it, then artillery if you're in any way worried about damage.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I stopped playing around when Rail jack came out and trying to upgrade my own ship is a wall of gibberish and poorly described upgrades, is there any decent guides out there for getting started on jacking it?

So basically, you go out into missions and kill stuff, and as drops you'll get Intrinsics aka Railjack XP, Avionics aka Railjack Mods, Dirac aka Railjack Endo, and Components, like shield generators or guns.

Components can't actually be used out of the box though, as they need a bunch of railjack-rexclusive resources to repair first.
First thing you should do with every Mk I or Mk II component you get as a random drop is throw it in the trash, because they have lower stats and are grindier to build than the "Sigma Mk III" stuff you can get from the clan dojo.
Actually this is no longer precisely true -- they added the ability to shove same-name components into each other to improve their stat rolls, even if they're different tiers. So if you get a Mk I or II version of a Mk III component you actually want to use later on, maybe hang onto it.

The good components you wanna watch out for (Mk III only):
  • Reactors: Vidar (highest avionics capacity). If you like soloing a lot then maaaybe Zekti for the highest flux energy, so you can blast through a whole level worth of fighters with your battle avionics without having to touch the forge.
  • Shields: Zekti (shortest recharge delay, down to 1s with good rolls)
  • Weapons: Vidar/Zekti Apoc/Carcinox (Zekti has higher fire rate and does more DPS but overheats much faster, Vidar has more damage output over time).
  • Engines: I don't know which are best. Vidar has the highest base speed and Lavan has the highest boost multiplier. They used to be balanced really stupidly and the vidar base speed bonus meant it was also fastest while boosting, but that has since been fixed.
  • Muntions: The only useful one is the seeker missile. There are no dropped/rng-stat components for this, just pick up a Tycho Mk III from the clan dojo and hold onto it forever. The dumbfire missile swarm will never hit a moving target (and barely does more damage than the seeker anyways) and the galvarc has hilariously low damage.
Components that aren't on this list aren't even worth touching. Their strength increase relative to dojo gear isn't worth the 15,000 titanium you'd have to farm to build them.

The best way to power up your railjack is to squad up with goons and play in their railjacks. For one thing, you'll get way more intrinsic points and other drops, and for another, Mk III components (the only useful non-dojo ones) only drop in the highest-level area, Veil Proxima.

If you wanna get started in your own railjack, join veiljack parties until you have a good set of mods and enough materials for a basic set of Sigma Mk III parts (at least the reactor, one gun, and a seeker missile for blasting fighters). Fighting anything with the crappy starting guns will be agonizing.

For Intrinsic levels, if you don't own your own railjack, you have to leave the party and go back to your orbiter to level them up for some awful reason. Then in the orbiter pres ESC and go to profile->intrinsics. If you have built your own railjack already, you can level them up from the railjack loadout terminal in the dry dock.
For priorities, get Gunnery 2 ASAP so you can actually see while using the side guns, then in some order get Engineering 1 for repairing, Tactics 4 to teleport back to the railjack from away crew missions, and Gunnery 5 so you can shoot the big cannon and oneshot crewships. (Don't bother shooting crewships with the regular guns. Either use artillery or, if you can't, board them in archwing and blow up the reactor from inside.)

As for what to actually do in railjack:
  1. Driving the railjack
  2. Manning the artillery cannon and deleting every crewship your captain points at. (Needs Gunnery 5)
  3. Running around the inside of the ship putting out fires and killing boarders. (Bring good guns, railjack enemies are tanky)
  4. Pushing buttons on the forge to refill your repair goo and ammo. (Needs levels in the Engineering intrinsic before you can refill everything)
  5. Doing away missions! In higher level railjack missions, there'll be asteroid bases to run around on foot in with mission objectives inside. Get Tactics 4 so you can teleport back instead of flying 20km through empty space after you finish.
  6. Getting out in an archwing and boarding crewships to kill them from the inside (use the archwing slingshot if you have it).
  7. Manning the side guns and shooting fighters. This is the most obvious thing to do, but well-geared railjacks will just be oneshotting all of them with battle avionics anyways leaving you nothing to do.
Crewships are usually the slowest part of a mission, so generally you want people on A & B at all times, plus a third player running around doing C, D, and G. Depending on the level you might need a player to do E or the last guy might be doing G or G or whatever else. If the railjack isn't geared as well and the pilot can't just blow every fighter up with avionics, you'll spend a lot more time on G.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone yelled at me for bringing weapons to level during Sanctuary.

All their gear was 30+ :psyduck:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

• Muntions: The only useful one is the seeker missile. There are no dropped/rng-stat components for this, just pick up a Tycho Mk III from the clan dojo and hold onto it forever. The dumbfire missile swarm will never hit a moving target (and barely does more damage than the seeker anyways) and the galvarc has hilariously low damage.

This is very wrong. Seeker Missiles doesn't scale for poo poo. The good one is Tether, followed at some distance by Void Hole if you somehow end up getting one of those first.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This is very wrong. Seeker Missiles doesn't scale for poo poo. The good one is Tether, followed at some distance by Void Hole if you somehow end up getting one of those first.

None of what you just just said are Munitions

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Tether is indeed the best Battle Avionic though

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You want to tag along on other crews to start. First step will be getting intrinsics. Prioritize Tactical 4 (using omni warps you back to the ship), Gunnery 5 (can fire the artillery cannon) and Engineering 5 (refill dome charge). Those are the tools needed to cover any role as crew. You need Rank 7 in any intrinsic to use matchmaking for veil proxima so you could also rush for that if you want to pub freely.

Once you're in veil grinding, these are the upgrades you want to hang on to and build:

more detail about each mod

You can jam wreckage onto already built component to improve the random stat rolls. Maxing out a Vidar or Zetki mk. III reactor should be the first thing you dump a lot of resources into. Never build anything thing besides mk. III. Upgrades to ordnance are bought from the clan research console next to the normal railjack console in the dojo.

Spend your Dirac upgrading grid first, then mods.

The meta for railjack is chain running Gian Point over and over. It's the fastest veil mission because there are no base disabling objectives.

The important roles for Gian are pilot and artillery gunner.

Pilot moves the jack around, kills fighters with tether, and lines up shots for the artillery gunner.
The gunner shoots crew ships. Crew ships engines are weak points, shoot the engines.

There are forges in the back of the railjack that are used to turn resource drops into stuff the railjack needs. Priority is keeping dome charges full and flux energy above 0. Often times a person will sit back there and do this full time, but it doesn't require much attention.

Grineer will board the railjack occasionally and need to be killed. Breaches and fires show up and can be repaired.

If you're not the pilot or gunner you're mostly sitting around twiddling your thumbs on Gian runs. Doing higher level missions with bases is an option if you're in a preformed group, and will give the crew more stuff to do. All you need for bases is something than can run fast to objectives and not die to the high level grineer. Wukong is great for it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is this true even with the artillery damage avionic + the shield perk that makes you deal more damage while your shields are depleted?

Notably you DON'T need the perk to one-shot crewships in Gian Point, so the perk seems kind of pointless if it falls entirely within the margins...

with the avionic you can kill crewships in Gian Point and below with a body shot, I don;t even bother with engine shots in Gian

in RWF, even with the avionic you need 2 body shots or an engineshot

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hyperstrike should be marked as optional too. You basically never need to kill anything with your small guns unless you somehow run out of flux energy for Tether and can't forge more.

I'd also say Form Up is a 100% requirement under tactical avionics if you're ever gonna play without 4 goons -- missions can't end until everyone returns to the railjack, so if some pubby is flying around randomly in archwing for no good reason you are stuck inside the mission unless you can teleport them aboard with Form Up. (You can just leave it at level 1 forever though).

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

I consider Hyperstrike semi-optional. It lets you take out random single fighters and ramsleds without firing off a tether and charges up munitions vortex faster. It's not required to beat missions, but is pretty much always better than other options.

There is a mission end timer that counts down once all objectives are filled even if pubbies are flying around. Form up skips the wait I guess. I just play solo or with goons 100%.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

gnoma posted:

I consider Hyperstrike semi-optional. It lets you take out random single fighters and ramsleds without firing off a tether

I just use missiles for this. God knows I don't need to save them for outriders any more

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gnoma posted:

I consider Hyperstrike semi-optional. It lets you take out random single fighters and ramsleds without firing off a tether and charges up munitions vortex faster. It's not required to beat missions, but is pretty much always better than other options.

There is a mission end timer that counts down once all objectives are filled even if pubbies are flying around. Form up skips the wait I guess. I just play solo or with goons 100%.

I take out random single fighters and ramsleds with the Tycho Seeker. It oneshots them, and if you have Tether there's no way you're going through all 29 missiles in one mission anyways.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Tether is indeed the best Battle Avionic though

Please explain, I've seen a lot of suggestions for Tether over Vortex recently and I can't figure out why. While Tether does get 50m more range, Vortex has no upper cap on targets and scales with weapon damage. Or is it just it's the best for the second (battle) avionic slot?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hyperstrike should be marked as optional too. You basically never need to kill anything with your small guns unless you somehow run out of flux energy for Tether and can't forge more.

I'd also say Form Up is a 100% requirement under tactical avionics if you're ever gonna play without 4 goons -- missions can't end until everyone returns to the railjack, so if some pubby is flying around randomly in archwing for no good reason you are stuck inside the mission unless you can teleport them aboard with Form Up. (You can just leave it at level 1 forever though).

Missions end just fine without everyone in the railjack.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

BMan posted:

I just use missiles for this. God knows I don't need to save them for outriders any more

I think there's merit in a missile spam build tbh. I use it with cheap shot and warhead. Its useful for popping shielded crew ships too

BabelFish posted:

Please explain, I've seen a lot of suggestions for Tether over Vortex recently and I can't figure out why. While Tether does get 50m more range, Vortex has no upper cap on targets and scales with weapon damage. Or is it just it's the best for the second (battle) avionic slot?

as is, tether is a better munitions vortex. you just hit 2 and shoot it and everything dies.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Only the grab part of Tether is limited targets. The explosion hits everything in range.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

It's been a while since I came back to this game, what's the Goon-approved Syndicate Standing path after Steel Battalion?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 11, 2020

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

as is, tether is a better munitions vortex. you just hit 2 and shoot it and everything dies.
Hmm, I was having issues with it not 1-shotting fighters in Ruse War Field, though anything lower than that it is very effective.

gnoma posted:

Only the grab part of Tether is limited targets. The explosion hits everything in range.
That does make it way better than I thought it was, thanks.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

It's been a while since I came back to this game, what's the Goon-approved Syndicate Standing path after Steel Battalion?

There's no more "left side" or "right side" any more in the menus, unfortunately, just the physical relays themselves. But the answer is still pick left side or right side, and Steel Meridian is left-side, along with the Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda, so max those two next.

Steel Meridian is also friendly with Red Veil but if you max Red Veil you'll only have two syndicates you're friendly with unless you spend all your time carefully shuffling standing gain around so as not to upset anyone, which technically allows you to be friendly with four at once. It's not worth it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
If you've been away for long enough make sure to pick up the large x100 blueprints (energy, ammo, cipher) from the Dojo. The x10s or whatever are syndicate-exclusive but the x100s are not.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gnoma posted:

And the explosion range is very large. When a new pack of fighters spawns into the map, a single tether aimed for center mass will get every last one of them.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There's no more "left side" or "right side" any more in the menus, unfortunately, just the physical relays themselves. But the answer is still pick left side or right side, and Steel Meridian is left-side, along with the Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda, so max those two next.

Steel Meridian is also friendly with Red Veil but if you max Red Veil you'll only have two syndicates you're friendly with unless you spend all your time carefully shuffling standing gain around so as not to upset anyone, which technically allows you to be friendly with four at once. It's not worth it.

As someone with four maxed, I feel personally attacked but yeah it's definitely not worth it but I haven't had to farm for rep to maintain it once I maxed them. Just involved putting steel meridian on everything and doing the uh. Ones that aren't directly opposed to red veil when you need the other two reps. Would not recommend though if you are actively trying to buy stuff on a regular basis.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The new music for the revamped Corpus Ship tileset added with Deadlock Protocol is some amazing poo poo. I don't reckon there's any discs to play in my orbiter yet is there?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The new music for the revamped Corpus Ship tileset added with Deadlock Protocol is some amazing poo poo. I don't reckon there's any discs to play in my orbiter yet is there?

I went looking for it in my collection and didn't find it, and didn't see any scannable music objects on the new tileset that would give it. I don't think it is available yet.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm running Suda/Hexis/Perrin, and basically ignoring Hexis. I'll run Perrin missions wearing a Suda sigil early after rollover, and the bonus Suda rep means I generally come out at a net positive for Hexis per mission, and if not, the rest of the bonus standing does for that.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Dareon posted:

I'm running Suda/Hexis/Perrin, and basically ignoring Hexis. I'll run Perrin missions wearing a Suda sigil early after rollover, and the bonus Suda rep means I generally come out at a net positive for Hexis per mission, and if not, the rest of the bonus standing does for that.

Why though.

That's so hideously inefficient.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

endlessmonotony posted:

Why though.

That's so hideously inefficient.

They're the factions I can tolerate, and it's exactly the level of commitment I want to give to the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

What kind of monster picks syndicates solely based on which factions they can tolerate, but then does not choose Steel Meridian?