Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Bakeneko posted:

Of all the things to whine about regarding that stupid loving game :rolleyes:.

Like no poo poo, it’s a post-apocalyptic wasteland in a game with deliberately grimy, miserable tone to it. Of course the characters are going to look ugly. People usually look ugly when they’re in a situation where they're more interested in fighting for survival than taking care of their appearance.

It's funny cause the only thing I could think of while I was playing The Last of Us 1 was how perfectly, generically Hollywood handsome Joel was the whole game.

I noticed Abby was buff when I watched that Noah Caldwell-Gervais review of the game but I didn't really think anything of it. If they really are using one voice actor, a different body model, and then another, different face model for their characters then I'm really surprised they don't look significantly more weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Bakeneko posted:

People usually look ugly when they’re in a situation where they're more interested in fighting for survival than taking care of their appearance.

Hell, I'm ugly right now!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

The critique of TLOU2 Abby I saw was that that model they based her off looks fine, but Naughty Dog either tried to mesh the design with someone else with a different face/body-type, or just sort of fumbled it when it came to the modeling, so she looks 'off'.

It's a good thing they're sticking to the Last of Us and not venturing out to other games because they try and make people look like their heads connect to their bodies even less than that game did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ2AZhbji6M&t=62s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05i53gD6yKk&t=137s

SimonChris posted:

Abby is not even that big! Based on the controversy, I was expecting ludicrous action figure proportions, but she just looks like someone who works out a lot and eats healthy food.

Yeah, her arms are as thick as all those generic dudes you fight all throughout the story and that's all. Hell even when she was younger she was kind of a big kid already while Ellie still looks super scrawny despite their being plenty of food at Jackson. Despite that people kept slapping her head onto Senator Armstrong's body and making just the largest rear end out of themselves in the process.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TLOU2 sucked really bad and it's a shame because the gameplay side was still good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

McCloud posted:

This makes me so loving mad. LET WOMEN BE BUFF YOU COLOSSAL ASSHOLES no one loving cares about the million male protagonists that look like body builders (which btw is loving impossible without juicing yourself to the loving gills) but now that a woman is beefy all of the sudden come the loving armchair experts whining about how it's unrealistic, they can go gently caress the selves with a god drat cactus

chuds gonna chud friend.

Pulcinella posted:

But even that “criticism” from chuds is dumb because it is literally explained in game. The WLF use a stadium as their home base. Abby (and other characters) regularly use the gym there. The post apocalypse is a harsh place but the WLF, Seraphites, and Jackson have been able to rebuild a good chunk of society. Maintaining their agricultural systems is somewhat of a concern, but food shortages really aren’t.

that and its clearly an outlet for her take get anger out over her dad and poo poo and train up to fight the monster she has built up in her head.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BFC posted:

the Duke Amiel du H'ardcore doesn't always make me laugh but this one. Oh this one is real good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/They_Goblin/status/1292793685332185098

thank god for jim

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's beautiful.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Funny that muscular women has popped up after someone brought up one of the more popular mods for Kenshi is one that removes muscle gain from women gaining strength and martial arts stats.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/DanyOrdinary/status/1292350632922419206?s=19

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

While Googling to find out if Todd is Todd in the Shadows' real name (apparently it isn't!) I came across this video, which some of you might enjoy. It's every incorrect prediction that Todd "Toddstradamus" in the Shadows ever made on the show. :newlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhNa7pvQTgY&t=378s

(I linked to the part where the video proper starts, but you can scroll back if you want to see the video maker's rather extensive introduction)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wow. I can't believe after all this time Todd was a weedy white kid. What an unexpected face reveal.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow. I can't believe after all this time Todd was a weedy white kid. What an unexpected face reveal.

The pic is apparently pretty old, but Todd has kept his face hidden mostly for work reasons apparently. He works somewhere public facing and doesn't want his youtube fans to recognize him there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Didn't someone accuse Todd of assault a couple years back? Kallgren's girlfriend, I think.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. they made dumb cringy poo poo with some problamatic elements and appologized. hazbin is fine and has some funny moments but i prefer satina for my weird dark comedy poo poo, plus this one is weirdly wholesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjMh_iE8bf0&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RHu1lTv14

i'm the muzak version of cruel angel's thesis

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, her arms are as thick as all those generic dudes you fight all throughout the story and that's all. Hell even when she was younger she was kind of a big kid already while Ellie still looks super scrawny despite their being plenty of food at Jackson. Despite that people kept slapping her head onto Senator Armstrong's body and making just the largest rear end out of themselves in the process.

Speaking of Senator Armstrong, I started replaying Revengeance.

Not only was Armstrong a 2020 presidential candidate, he actually tells Raiden verbatim that he's going to "make America great again."

Hopefully the parallels don't stop there and we will all eventually get to see Trump get his heart sliced out and crushed by a cyborg ninja.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Didn't someone accuse Todd of assault a couple years back? Kallgren's girlfriend, I think.
I don't remember everything precisely, but the problem was that one of Todd's friends was accused of assault, not Todd himself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SkeletonHero posted:

Speaking of Senator Armstrong, I started replaying Revengeance.

Not only was Armstrong a 2020 presidential candidate, he actually tells Raiden verbatim that he's going to "make America great again."

Hopefully the parallels don't stop there and we will all eventually get to see Trump get his heart sliced out and crushed by a cyborg ninja.

I think 'Make America Great Again' was a Reagan quote so that one continuing to show up was less Kojima prophecy and more just being halfway aware of how much Republicans love Reagan.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 10, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Supersonic Shine posted:

I don't remember everything precisely, but the problem was that one of Todd's friends was accused of assault, not Todd himself.

Yeah. The issue was Todd was/is doing a podcast with them as well. I think.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea 'make america great again' is a fairly common phrase (unsurprisingly, many political people have used the track of 'america eats farts under my opponent, but under me WE'LL be doing the farting!!!'). The sad thing is Armstrong wasn't even that over the top for the time (nanomachine war crimes aside I guess).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

sexpig by night posted:

yea 'make america great again' is a fairly common phrase (unsurprisingly, many political people have used the track of 'america eats farts under my opponent, but under me WE'LL be doing the farting!!!'). The sad thing is Armstrong wasn't even that over the top for the time (nanomachine war crimes aside I guess).

Armstrong was an blatantly and purposefully rediculous parody of American libertarianism and is unironically far less insane and a far more competent than Trump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neo_Crimson posted:

Armstrong was an blatantly and purposefully rediculous parody of American libertarianism and is unironically far less insane and a far more competent than Trump.

I mean yes, but also he was a much more effective parody of Bush and his war economy bullshit, and Reagan with his social conservative agenda that was just an excuse to be brutal to 'expendable' people and all. That's why Rising, despite being the most dumbass anime game of MGS, has some of the most clear and accurate parody in it, because all they really did was take actual politicians and mash them up in a big muscle man with nanomachines (son). That's the point, he's not one specific kind of guy, he doesn't have any real ethos, he's just a violent, power hungry, thug with a nice story to wrap himself in, and that applies to a lot more than just who the current most lovely guy is.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

DoctorWhat posted:

Supersonic Shine posted:

I think ya'll are getting several different incidents mixed up.

Kyle Kallgren's girlfriend accused Kallgren of abusive behavior. She later recanted her story.

Then someone else accused Dany Ordinary of kissing her nonconsensually (at a party IIRC) and was attacking Todd for having a podcast with and supporting Dany. Dan Olsen in this very thread defended Dany and got chased off from the thread for doing so.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Kojima really can have some surprisingly insightful takes on American society and politics. Like this bit from the Metal Gear Rising wiki, from a game that came out in 2013:

quote:

In 2016, Armstrong delivered a speech to increase his approval ratings, later expressing to his speech writer the belief that people only cared about the spin you put on it, and no longer cared about information control, or even right or wrong. The speech writer warned him that he would appear before a grand jury if his connection to Desperado PMSC was revealed, which Armstrong refuted, given his belief that ordinary citizens could not care less due to believing that money was the only thing that truly mattered.

Although maybe it's less that Kojima has great insight, and American culture just happens to roughly line up with the worldview of a cartoon villain :shrug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jamie Faith posted:

I think ya'll are getting several different incidents mixed up.

Kyle Kallgren's girlfriend accused Kallgren of abusive behavior. She later recanted her story.

Then someone else accused Dany Ordinary of kissing her nonconsensually (at a party IIRC) and was attacking Todd for having a podcast with and supporting Dany. Dan Olsen in this very thread defended Dany and got chased off from the thread for doing so.

Thank you.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mauler is having a normal one going off on Cosmonaut Marcus for his TLOU2 video. It really is telling the difference between the guy who wants to tell jokes talking about movies or games and the guy who thinks he is a Serious Objective Critic.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

DoctorWhat posted:

Thank you.

No problem! :)

Dawgstar posted:

Mauler is having a normal one going off on Cosmonaut Marcus for his TLOU2 video. It really is telling the difference between the guy who wants to tell jokes talking about movies or games and the guy who thinks he is a Serious Objective Critic.

Yeah, I've been watching them slug it out (again) for the last 36 hours now. lol Mauler and his fanbase are some of the densest motherfuckers alive

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jamie Faith posted:

Yeah, I've been watching them slug it out (again) for the last 36 hours now. lol Mauler and his fanbase are some of the densest motherfuckers alive

The only refute they can ever bring up is "long man bad" as they seem to see Mauler's video length as a mark of quality.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Mokinokaro posted:

The only refute they can ever bring up is "long man bad" as they seem to see Mauler's video length as a mark of quality.

Which is such a dumb strawman considering the fact that there are plenty actually good critics who do long form content such as Noah Gervais and Hbomberguy. No one is saying Mauler sucks because his videos are long. They're saying mauler sucks because he fundamentally does not understand how to analyze art in any real meaningful way. Just endless """"plothole"""" nitpicking for 12 hours which is boring and tedious as hell. Hes just Cinema Sins but a thousand times more pretentious and narcissistic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

Kojima really can have some surprisingly insightful takes on American society and politics. Like this bit from the Metal Gear Rising wiki, from a game that came out in 2013:

Although maybe it's less that Kojima has great insight, and American culture just happens to roughly line up with the worldview of a cartoon villain :shrug:

Karl Rove derisively referred to liberals and the left as "the reality-based community". I don't know if it's just people not being old enough at the time or the president wasn't tweeting his dumb thoughts out constantly but the Bush years were just as bad as now in terms of constantly lying in ridiculous ways. In many ways it was more frustrating because the media went along way more and there wasn't enough contact through the web to feel as if you weren't insane. The only difference in terms of their reasoning was at the time there was more an ideological goal rather than an entire party trying to make a toddler-brain idiot feel good and strong.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 10, 2020

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i really wouldn’t say that dan got chased out of the thread for his defense. he got flakk for his initial comments but walked them back and explained it better

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Senator Armstrong is pretty specifically Dick Cheney, artificial heart and all.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

watho posted:

i really wouldn’t say that dan got chased out of the thread for his defense. he got flakk for his initial comments but walked them back and explained it better

Ah ok my bad. I just remember that being the last we saw of Dan in this thread. Checking his profile you can see he has a red text and avatar someone bought him that's referring to the incident so I just assumed that's what drove him off.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I posted about this in another thread but Mauler did a response to a not very widely viewed 20 minute video about how weapons make horror games better. His response was 50 minutes (of course) and he didn't know that "horror" and "terror" are different things (there's literally a Wikipedia article called "Horror and terror") and made fun of the guy for separating them so now the original guy has a bunch of replies repeating how he's a dummy for thinking horror and terror are different because they came from Mauler's.

I found this out because the original ended up on my home page and I saw all the replies calling the guy a dummy for not thinking horror/terror are the same and was wondering why and then saw Mauler's poo poo in my sidebar.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 10, 2020

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Isn't mauler a big chud as well

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Groovelord Neato posted:

I posted about this in another thread but Mauler did a response to a not very widely viewed 20 minute video about how weapons make horror games better. His response was 50 minutes (of course) and he didn't know that "horror" and "terror" are different things (there's literally a Wikipedia article called "Horror and terror") and made fun of the guy for separating them so now the original guy has a bunch of replies repeating how he's a dummy for thinking horror and terror are different because they came from Mauler's.

I found this out because the original ended up on my home page and I saw all the replies calling the guy a dummy for not thinking horror/terror are the same and was wondering why and then saw Mauler's poo poo in my sidebar.

Mauler and his painfully stupid fans are the living embodiment of the Dunny Krueger effect. He has zero humility and is incredibly narcissistic so he thinks he knows everything when in actuality in knows very little. So he has these profoundly misinformed hot takes that his mindless cultlike fans just endlessly repeat as gospel.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ash Crimson posted:

Isn't mauler a big chud as well

I think in the "the status quo is fine" variety rather than actively hateful.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Internet Law 451:

"Any extreme critical readings by a user with either a Furry or a Space Nazi for an avatar can be safely ignored."

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Dude hangs around with rags, that sounds pretty hateful to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mokinokaro posted:

Even if that's the case he hangs around with a lot of actively hateful and frequently brings them into his livestreams.