Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (6): Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, JOHN CENA, Mr. Humalong
tpink (3): Bifauxnen, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Spoonsy, Bifauxnen
JOHN CENA (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen, spacing in vienna, Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Scientastic
SalTheBard (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, JOHN CENA, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, JOHN CENA, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
cheese sandwich (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Sandwolf (0): Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (0): Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz
Scientastic (0): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA
Toalpaz (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic
Bifauxnen (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): cheese sandwich, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 10th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 40 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw if I end up dead tomorrow I'm still suss on Sal too and hope y'all who had him as next on your list keep the faith

Also still can't totally shake the "Sandwolf doesn't make this much sense as town" paranoia, but obviously disregard this if Spoonsy flips scum

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would like to hear Cheese or tpinks thoughts on the matter at hand

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese lurking hard

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

cheese lurking hard

Not intentionally. Yesterday was a migraine day and I just got home from work

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Sci described it well, it's that Spoonsy bothered to be all "ok I'm finally gonna read the thread...!" but then that's all he came up with.

He didn't bother reacting to any of the other stuff he was catching up on, just went onto tpink to criticise something completely uncontroversial.

Like it might have felt a bit different if he rocked up all "ugh sorry I tried to catch up but mafia is harrrrd and none of the other stuff really looked like it was really going anywhere, voting tpink for lurking seems like the best thing going, I think", but instead it felt like he was trying to play it like he's got this real valuable take to contribute as he's joining the tpink pile

Catching up I am mostly not digging the spoonsy lunch. This is really the only strongish point I saw for it but it looked like a lazy driveby imo

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Retro Futurist wrt tpink posted:

I think it's more a town thing. Scum have to fake more or less all their reads, nothing to it. Town are the ones who actually have to have convictions and back them up.

agree wrt tpink

Sandwolf wrt tpink posted:

Yeah but I don’t see conviction in his posts, I see: “stop badgering me for reads I don’t have any”

I think scum would be more self aware making statements like that, like they'd feel more pressure to poo poo out something bad. Which I guess is sort of what opop said

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

Not intentionally. Yesterday was a migraine day and I just got home from work

I also appreciate the deadlines this game amni <3 the early deadlines in the last few games I was in ground my gears something fierce

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

##vote tpink

Never be afraid to vote!

Is this all that people were after Sal for? I guess by people I'm only really talking about hal and hum and like half a sci & bif but it's basically the same thing

I wasn't around earlier so maybe there's context I'm missing but the spoonsy swing seemed like it happened p easily and I'm kinda :tinfoil: about it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

cheese sandwich posted:

Is this all that people were after Sal for? I guess by people I'm only really talking about hal and hum and like half a sci & bif but it's basically the same thing

I wasn't around earlier so maybe there's context I'm missing but the spoonsy swing seemed like it happened p easily and I'm kinda :tinfoil: about it

I've been getting a weird vibe from Sal all game, not just that one post. Kinda content lurking overall when you look back at him.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been getting a weird vibe from Sal all game, not just that one post. Kinda content lurking overall when you look back at him.

Isn't that just Sal though?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

cheese sandwich posted:

Isn't that just Sal though?

Eh I don't know, he can participate well at times. Especially when people are voting him and he gets all OMGUSy heh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Still kinda hard to secure this Spoonsy lunch though. Deadline is in an hour and we’re still waltzing along here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Eh I don't know, he can participate well at times. Especially when people are voting him and he gets all OMGUSy heh

That is my favorite time to play mafia! When I have to defend myself. I was gearing up for it earlier when I saw to weird votes on me, but then I realized those votes didn't mean much so I went on with my life. I just think it's weird that people who were suss on me were so quick to jump to Spoonsy. It's loving odd.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

People I am currently :tinfoil: towards: Sci, Hal, Sand, Toalp

Sci and sand always read scummy to me so idk, hal I don't trust for poo poo right now :mad: and the quick flip off sal is sketching me out and toalp I felt good about when I was catching up and agreed w him re sal but then I skimmed his post history to see what else he was up to and did not like

Gonna try to flesh this out while I eat

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Still kinda hard to secure this Spoonsy lunch though. Deadline is in an hour and we’re still waltzing along here.

easy susan I'm here and I have a vote, I want to catch up first

I don't like the spoonsy lunch but it's better than a no lunch

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

That is my favorite time to play mafia! When I have to defend myself. I was gearing up for it earlier when I saw to weird votes on me, but then I realized those votes didn't mean much so I went on with my life. I just think it's weird that people who were suss on me were so quick to jump to Spoonsy. It's loving odd.

This is kinda where I am. Idk what it means yet though wrt you & spoons

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay, do you think you’ll be able to secure a lunch elsewhere? we’re all gonna have to reread the EOD here once we have a flip, either way

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

If I'm being honest pushing in another direction seems more likely to lead to a no lunch at this point so probably not?

Idk why you're in such a hurry I said I wouldn't let the no lunch happen

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not 100% Spoonsy is scum but I think this has been a great EOD for analyzing people regardless of his flip, it’s also a half hour before deadline

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Only bif’s vote on tpunk doesn’t look opportunistic, I would vote for Toalpaz and Sal

Actually I think I'm okay w sci for now

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

hum's jump from sal to spoons is gross

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

Okay, do you think you’ll be able to secure a lunch elsewhere? we’re all gonna have to reread the EOD here once we have a flip, either way

I don't think 27 minutes is enough time to organize a cuddle elsewhere (although I would probably be pushing for Humalong if that was the case). I will only vote Spoonsy if a no lynch is inevitable.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

cheese sandwich posted:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

tpink posted:

What if...my lurking on D1 is a honeypot to attract scum votes who see an easy target for a D1 lynch?

this is also kind of pinging me because this is something I feel like I would do as scum if I was getting called on behaviour I was self conscious about

fencing wrt tpink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

I would like to hear Cheese or tpinks thoughts on the matter at hand

Yeah, as I said, I find D1 very very hard personally in part because I never remember how other people "normally" post or what their meta is, so I virtually never have this "oh he/she is not playing as their usual town style" the way that many other people do. That said, I don't love Spoons' post either and if it comes down to a no-lynch situation, I will hammer to avoid having a D2 where we have no flips, because to me that just continues the bad part of D1 where there's no real stuff to pin down or point to with the knowledge of who flipped how and who voted for whom.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal is doing this worse imo. HAL ARE YOU SCUM

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

let me show up 15 minutes before deadline and try to cast shade on people who have actually been participating in the game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese working hard to save his scum bud spoonsy is what this looks like to me

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

or cheese trying to play the game he waited for weeks to start :allears:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

or cheese trying to play the game he waited for weeks to start :allears:

yeah no lunching is a great way to play the game

get the gently caress out of here

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

I said I was willing to vote either person hours ago, read the thread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

If I'm being honest pushing in another direction seems more likely to lead to a no lunch at this point so probably not?

Idk why you're in such a hurry I said I wouldn't let the no lunch happen

Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (6): Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, JOHN CENA, Mr. Humalong
tpink (3): Bifauxnen, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Spoonsy, Bifauxnen
JOHN CENA (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen, spacing in vienna, Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Scientastic
SalTheBard (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, JOHN CENA, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, JOHN CENA, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
cheese sandwich (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Sandwolf (0): Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (0): Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz
Scientastic (0): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA
Toalpaz (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic, Scientastic
Bifauxnen (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): cheese sandwich, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 10th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 15 minutes.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

I said I was willing to vote either person hours ago, read the thread

yeah and both votes suck

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah no lunching is a great way to play the game

get the gently caress out of here

At what point did Cheese say they wanted a no lynch?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

yeah and both votes suck

mlyp

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

At what point did Cheese say they wanted a no lynch?

we have less than 15 minutes to deadline and he's slow rolling like he's got amazing insight to make but is actually just shitposting

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

of course so are you

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

we have less than 15 minutes to deadline and he's slow rolling like he's got amazing insight to make but is actually just shitposting

:allears:

##vote spoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

had to twist your arm

everyone keep this in mind regardless of what spoonsy flips