Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gallows and Anderson mentioned last week in an interview with Sportskeeda that they're trying to get Styles back in the company

I didn't post about it because I thought it was a joke

It's not, per Styles :stare: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/08/aj-styles-responds-to-gallows-and-anderson-saying-they-are-673232/

AJ Styles posted:

I don't know what to think about that; you guys know how I feel about that. Yeah, Gallows and Anderson are trying to get me back...Never say never but I also have said that I would like to finish my career in the WWE. So, we will see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Impact is on an roll right now. They're slowly transitioning the TNA title into relevance with the appearance of EC3 - all the new signings seem committed and involved in decision making. It just feels like there is more going on with Impact then at any point over the last 12 months.

How are they gonna gently caress this up before the next PPV?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really don't see AJ going anywhere, even aside from the fact that there's no way WWE would let him leave. He probably has a downside too big for anyone else to come close to and we know he's got a bus now. WWE sucks but when you're making gently caress you money and can retreat to your own private quarters/not worry about driving cities, that's hard to pass up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really don't see AJ going anywhere, even aside from the fact that there's no way WWE would let him leave. He probably has a downside too big for anyone else to come close to and we know he's got a bus now. WWE sucks but when you're making gently caress you money and can retreat to your own private quarters/not worry about driving cities, that's hard to pass up.

Idk man, TNA is on an unprecedented upswing, and the wildly popular Cancel Culture faction is suddenly (and inexplicably!) down a man.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

The only thing I can think of would be the lighter touring schedule. Fewer bumps taken, more time with the family. But lol, if AJ was gonna go anywhere it'd be AEW. I can't see a top name going to Impact right now. A midcarder, sure, could get something out a run there. But AJ is a made man in WWE now.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

While I do miss watching AJ Styles wrestle, I don't miss his bad opinions so as far as I'm concerned he's fine where he is now.

I was wondering how (and if) they're gonna solve Swinger co-hosting Locker Room Talk while still being at Wrestle House:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1291418763171004416

Edit:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1291433859553214464/photo/1

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 6, 2020

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

J-Ro posted:

While I do miss watching AJ Styles wrestle, I don't miss his bad opinions so as far as I'm concerned he's fine where he is now.

I was wondering how (and if) they're gonna solve Swinger co-hosting Locker Room Talk while still being at Wrestle House:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1291418763171004416

Edit:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1291433859553214464/photo/1

I am in awe that Impact put out shirts that A: look good and B: don't have anything misspelled on them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no idea what Wrestle House is but its certainly a trip.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I have no idea what Wrestle House is but its certainly a trip.

It's something I would have named ANYTHING else.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 7, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Wrestle House is on double secret-probation

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Scott Steiner owned Shoneys restaurant has been forced to close due to the pandemic.

What a sad week this has been.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://411mania.com/wrestling/details-on-impact-wrestling-ratings-for-past-seven-months/

quote:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has acquired the ratings and viewership numbers for Impact Wrestling in the past seven months on AXS TV, which are down from January but seem to be ticking upward.

January: 169,000 viewers, 0.04 (49,000 viewers) in 18-49
February: 181,000 viewers, 0.04 (54,000 viewers) in 18-49
March: 161,000 viewers, 0.03 (36,000 viewers) in 18-49
April: 144,000 viewers, 0.02 (27,000 viewers) in 18-49
May: 153,000 viewers, 0.03 (34,000 viewers) in 18-49
June: 141,000 viewers, 0.02 (32,000 viewers) in 18-49
July: 153,000 viewers, 0.03 (44,000 viewers) in 18-49.

Impact has a much older audience than any of the other wrestling shows, and is the most watched show on AXS TV. Impact had 28.8% 18-49 viewers in July, compared to 38.2% for RAW, 51% for AEW, 32.7% for NXT and 34% for Smackdown. NXT and Smackdown has a median age of 55-57, so it seems Impact is even older than that.

1) They peaked when Tessa was champ and able to regularly appear
2) Kinda surprised they have an older audience than WWE
3) These numbers honestly don't seem terrible at all at a glance? As Bix and I pointed out two weeks ago, Wade posting their numbers from that week's show showed their 18-49 viewership a) tied their highest of the year and b) was high enough to make the top 100 if listed on ShowbuzzDaily

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edit: beaten on the ratings.

In other news, Booker T continues his streak of digging down, as he talked about Dixie on his latest podcast and uhhhhh:

quote:

"I don’t know what Dixie was doing but she seemed like she was living out her MILF’s dream. Serious man. Dixie was getting busy. I’m not going to say what she was doing, but Dixie was definitely, how do you say it back in the day? Hot to trot. I don’t know. She had the makeup and everything on."

Yes, we all heard the rumors, and they might be true but who the gently caress cares in 2020 and "she had makeup and everything on" is beyond cringe-worthy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

https://411mania.com/wrestling/details-on-impact-wrestling-ratings-for-past-seven-months/

1) They peaked when Tessa was champ and able to regularly appear
2) Kinda surprised they have an older audience than WWE
3) These numbers honestly don't seem terrible at all at a glance? As Bix and I pointed out two weeks ago, Wade posting their numbers from that week's show showed their 18-49 viewership a) tied their highest of the year and b) was high enough to make the top 100 if listed on ShowbuzzDaily

Late in their Spike run their audience was older than WWE's so some things never change.

J-Ro posted:

Edit: beaten on the ratings.

In other news, Booker T continues his streak of digging down, as he talked about Dixie on his latest podcast and uhhhhh:

Yes, we all heard the rumors, and they might be true but who the gently caress cares in 2020 and "she had makeup and everything on" is beyond cringe-worthy.

The rumors are definitely true but it's great that Booker is enough of a dumbass that he managed to bring them up in a way that makes him look like a piece of poo poo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like Jim in Virginia is their exact demo

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

MassRafTer posted:

Late in their Spike run their audience was older than WWE's so some things never change.

Weren't they also quite popular with prisoners too?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Vagabundo posted:

Weren't they also quite popular with prisoners too?

You don't watch pro-wrestling in prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQrZuEMHQg&t=252s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringsiderspod/status/1291882936724226048?s=20

Rosemary came up with their Wrestle House idea/concept and it was originally going to be called QuaranTNA

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Rosemary came up with their Wrestle House idea/concept and it was originally going to be called QuaranTNA

I could easily see Rosemary transitioning to a writing position if she decides to hang it up one day, she seems to love creating. Jimmy also mentions RD Evans as a part of the creative team behind that.

Edit: RIP Kamala

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1292639525328629760

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 10, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the Rikishi promo where he called Robert Roode Rick Rude and couldn't remember the match he was gonna be in? I can't find it on YouTube or anywhere else. It's an extra special promo because it currently has the lowest rating on cagematch

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 11, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

overmind2000 posted:

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the Rikishi promo where he called Robert Roode Rick Rude and couldn't remember the match he was gonna be in? I can't find it on YouTube or anywhere else. It's an extra special promo because it currently has the lowest rating on cagematch

I know it's in one of the OSW Reviews videos, assuming it's one of the TNA/Black Reign series they did. Can't remember which one it's in but I know I saw it in one of them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edit: ^^ oh, didn't even think it might be on a compilation like that. Nice
It used to be on Dailymotion but it's not anymore :smith: Not on BilliBilli either. Only other place I could think of is Impact+ the streaming service (with a free trial available) has the ep with the promo on it, but obviously that's no help for just finding the promo only

It's from the October 18 2007 Impact

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I know it's in one of the OSW Reviews videos, assuming it's one of the TNA/Black Reign series they did. Can't remember which one it's in but I know I saw it in one of them.

I've seen that video, unfortunately they only have near the end of it. According to cagematch this is the entire promo

quote:

Junior Fatu: "Crazy Legs, put up the buffet and Big Junior Fatu will shut it down. Now we gonna talk about shuttin' down: You see, there's a lotta crazy things goin' around here in TNA. People runnin' around, chasin' each other: Kurt Angle, Sting and the list goes on and on. But the new breed up in here in TNA, you're looking at him: Junior Fatu. That's right, when it comes time, I think I made the Fight For Your Right... what's that jabroni's name?"

Crystal Louthan: "Fight For The Right, you're facing Robert Roode, what are your thoughts on that?"

Fatu: "You smell that?"

Crystal: "I don't smell anything."

Fatu: "Hahaha, I smell next week, when Junior Fatu faces Rick Rude... or... or... Robert Roode or whatever that jabroni's name is, that somebody, be it Kurt Angle or Sting... somebody will not be breathing fresh air, but stinky."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ratings seem fairly good. i think it's because i thought they were being watched by 20k people for a long time. wazzuuuup

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

the ratings seem fairly good. i think it's because i thought they were being watched by 20k people for a long time. wazzuuuup

They probably were before they got AXS. A couple thousand on Twitch and however many they were getting on Pursuit, which can't be much.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

AFAIR they weren't even crackin' 20k viewers on Pursuit, so Cavauro wasn't that much off.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What day is Impact on? It streams on Twitch (right?) and I've been using that a lot more lately on my TV so I might give it a shot if I remember.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

What day is Impact on? It streams on Twitch (right?) and I've been using that a lot more lately on my TV so I might give it a shot if I remember.

Tuesdays 8-10PM Eastern (~19.5 hours from this post)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

J-Ro posted:

AFAIR they weren't even crackin' 20k viewers on Pursuit, so Cavauro wasn't that much off.

i completely forgot that they were on Pursuit/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JOHN CENA posted:

i completely forgot that they were on Pursuit/

Pursuit forgot they were on Pursuit more than once

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
The feed froze on twitch 8 minutes in and was down for about 27 minutes before they restarted the show from the beginning.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heath wants to be signed https://streamable.com/g85vw3

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Callihan like an even more incompetent version of the Fiend?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brian Myers (fka Curt Hawkins) is accepting Edwards' world title open challenge in his Impact debut right now

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

For a second I had TNA flashbacks and thought they're gonna take the belt of Eddie on a random Impact and give it to the newest "WWE castoff". Unrelated, tonight might've been the best Kimber looked in Impact so far.

Emergence matches as of right now:

Night 1 (next week):
– Wrestle House: Kylie Rae vs Taya Valkyrie
– TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Moose vs Trey Miguel
– X-Division Championship Match: Chris Bey (c) vs TJP vs Rohit Raju
– The Good Brothers vs Ace Austin & Madman Fulton
– Impact World Tag Team Championship Match: Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs The North
– Impact World Championship Match: Eddie Edwards (c) vs ???

Night 2 (in two weeks):
– 30-Minute Ironman Knockouts Championship Match: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs Jordynne Grace

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Wrestle House is so amusing, what a fun idea to showcase your midcard whoevers and get people emotionally invested in them. Them being clowny and geeks doesn't really hurt them just because its so different, and the contrast with the more "serious," angles is so stark. It took me no time at all to get super into Rosemary, Taya, Kylie, and weirdly Crazzy Steve and Johnny Bravo as personalities. The rest of the housemates aren't making quite that level of impression on me, but they're entertaining and I can see that changing.

The Good Brothers storyline is basic but it DOES make them look like tough badasses, which is good. Sometimes the booking IS more important than the plot. They create a strong contrast with Heath, who has a lot of "star in his own mind," energy. Not trying to push him like he's a top star but making him a character with a story who I can follow is exactly right, and in turn it makes the Brothers being immediately at the top of the card more credible, because the fiction matches the reality of their careers. That in turn kind of makes Myers coming out the gate like he's Kurt Angle or something weird though.

The only thing that left me kind of annoyed is that they're trying to use this Swann retirement angle to further this barely-existent feud between Eddie and Eric. Having another face "take over," a feud like that can work, but the hero who Gets Got has to get a fair shake or I'm just going to want to see Swann come back. It makes the feud with Eddie feel like filler for a future actually-important feud rather than something to get invested in, especially since that feud has been so... cursory. Keeping Eddie away from EY is probably wise because he's such a charisma vacuum, but I'm really not feeling excited at the prospect of their confrontation right now. Compare to Jordynne and Deonna, and its night and day.

PS: MCMG and The North are still great. Stoked for that rematch.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Sanguinia posted:

The only thing that left me kind of annoyed is that they're trying to use this Swann retirement angle to further this barely-existent feud between Eddie and Eric. Having another face "take over," a feud like that can work, but the hero who Gets Got has to get a fair shake or I'm just going to want to see Swann come back. It makes the feud with Eddie feel like filler for a future actually-important feud rather than something to get invested in, especially since that feud has been so... cursory. Keeping Eddie away from EY is probably wise because he's such a charisma vacuum, but I'm really not feeling excited at the prospect of their confrontation right now. Compare to Jordynne and Deonna, and its night and day.

Yeah, I'm not totally on board of that whole dynamic (or lack thereof). Willie Mack is a good friend, tho.

https://twitter.com/TenilleDashwood/status/1293345185125064705

I think they've got an upcoming taping in the next couple of days and I hope that's a tease of Tenille returning.

Edit: *day later* why yes, they're doing tapings this weekend.

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1294100468310908928

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 14, 2020

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/fakekinkade/status/1295152227921821696

Shelley bringing in Benjamin Carter, Tre Lamar and Lee Moriarty rules, and I might actually have to start watching Impact on a regular basis.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Those are all great pickups if they're with impact long term. Are they getting another show though? Because they have a fuckton of people for the tv time they have available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo I'm so glad Tre got signed somewhere that ain't WWE