Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder whats causing it. I have never had it happen and neither has the rest of the group except one of us who gets it so frequently it's ruining the game for him. We are all on the PS4 pros. I wonder if it's worth just deleting and reinstalling it for people who are experincing the bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's almost certainly to do with the attempted optimizations to the size of the game that came with season 5 which is funny in its own right

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dalek is currently making ways on the COD2020 crate Easter Egg and they seem to be reaching a point that takes them to Bunker 11 in WZ. With 100k viewers every lobby he jumps into has a ton of his own watchers so the bunker is full of people just tagging along and protecting him while they try to crack the code.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dalek is currently making ways on the COD2020 crate Easter Egg and they seem to be reaching a point that takes them to Bunker 11 in WZ. With 100k viewers every lobby he jumps into has a ton of his own watchers so the bunker is full of people just tagging along and protecting him while they try to crack the code.

I wanna get in one of those lobbies and get my sweet 20 person multi kill in there :getin:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RCarr posted:

I wanna get in one of those lobbies and get my sweet 20 person multi kill in there :getin:

Man one single C4 would be pretty juicy

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Got a link? I want to laugh at young people.

I was walking round a vintage store with my wife last weekend, and found one of these: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_Datasette

I was all like "wow, I had one of these as a kid for my Commodore 64!".

My wife didn't even know games could come on cassette.

:smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Easter Egg has been solved. It led to a website.

pawntakespawn.com is the reveal site. 8/14 at noon.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Man, I am just not enjoying Warzone at all since this season started. Every team I end up on feels like cannon fodder and completely overmatched before the first circle even closes. I’ve never been particularly good, but certainly never this bad. Even if we have a decent drop in and knock out a contract or two I seem to just get lasered from what feels like excessively far for the loot weapons.

Oh well

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Someone reverse engineer the game code and find out why every time I do something like spend 8 hours golding the shotguns, the next challenge after I finish will be “get 500 kills with shotguns”

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Action Serious posted:

Man, I am just not enjoying Warzone at all since this season started. Every team I end up on feels like cannon fodder and completely overmatched before the first circle even closes. I’ve never been particularly good, but certainly never this bad. Even if we have a decent drop in and knock out a contract or two I seem to just get lasered from what feels like excessively far for the loot weapons.

Oh well

Are you playing with goons?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Are you playing with goons?

Yes he already said he plays with cannon fodder

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1292959627894837249

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

drunken officeparty posted:

Yes he already said he plays with cannon fodder

ah gently caress owned

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I should try a discord game or two with you folks, now that my usual gaming chums have abandoned me for some VR game :sigh: I am VR-less and wish to keep it that way.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

It's very good and nice. I love playing with my friends, but I win more with goons.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

My [ANTFA]TrumpSmokesMids6 is still goin strong.

I want to like the AN-94, but it just feels wrong and weak to me. The regular people’s AK-47 is still better I think. What builds are you guys running on the AN?

I’ve got the short barrel, micro red dot, folding stock, 45r mags, and Merc grip.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I tried the first unlock barrel for the an-94 and it seemed a lot less accurate but it could just have been me. I like it in core and love it in hardcore (just bursting dudes is great). The reload animations are cool and the sound is really nice.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

My enemy teams seem littered with these 3 things constantly in every game:

1. Shield dudes with throwing knives
2. Marksman rifles/snipers
3. Thermal LMGs

It's pretty annoying but I guess that's what it's supposed to be like. A small minority of people (they tend to seem like newer players) have setups different from those 3 things.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I’m in the opposite boat, I can’t seem to find a way to use the AN-94 at all. I keep getting outgunned at range or up close.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I feel pretty bad spamming smoke all over the maps but I didn’t unlock the Bruen last time multiplayer was free and I’m sure as hell not gonna repeat that mistake.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

These free multiplayer modes are rough. I just want 200 sniper kills so I can use a nicer reticle on my Warzone HDR, stop giving me Grind on Shipment. The games go so fast.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

I feel pretty bad spamming smoke all over the maps but I didn’t unlock the Bruen last time multiplayer was free and I’m sure as hell not gonna repeat that mistake.

I unlocked mine in HC Domination this way and the rage from people was just :discourse:

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

moosecow333 posted:

Use overkill and put a smoke underbarrel launcher on an AR to get more smokes per life. I dunno if fully loaded AR in the same caliber makes much difference for LMGS.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

mrking posted:

Use overkill and put a smoke underbarrel launcher on an AR to get more smokes per life. I dunno if fully loaded AR in the same caliber makes much difference for LMGS.

Ooh, that's a thought. I was just using restock

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

wholesome usa flag emblem

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
After some initial tracking issues I had a ridiculous amount of fun playing Livestock with a speed melee build with the sole purpose of unlocking the kodachi. When you get into a groove you can really run rings around the enemy team and repeatedly get the drop on them. The annoying ones who camp at the back of the open spaces can be stunned then watch in slow agony as you sprint behind them for an execution, for which I've been enjoying the absurd new crow-eats-your-face one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is Livestock the map that is just that one barn from the farm in Warzone? because I think it might be the worst map they have ever done.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Once again you are wrong. Livestock is fun as hell.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Livestock is a Good Map. Can’t wait until they remove the playlist and shove it into gunfight so I never see it again.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Why the gently caress do people poo poo on the fast, small, action packed maps like livestock, shipment, rust, shoothouse etc when it's a loving fact that every single "slightly larger than small" or bigger map is loving actual dogshit trash in this game?

This MW would be the best one since the original almighty CoD4 if every map was as fun as crash is on 12 v 12, or shipment 6 v 6.... basically lobby size correlating with map size. For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't make all the other maps like, a fraction of their sizes.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

RYYSZLA posted:

Why the gently caress do people poo poo on the fast, small, action packed maps like livestock, shipment, rust, shoothouse etc when it's a loving fact that every single "slightly larger than small" or bigger map is loving actual dogshit trash in this game?

This MW would be the best one since the original almighty CoD4 if every map was as fun as crash is on 12 v 12, or shipment 6 v 6.... basically lobby size correlating with map size. For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't make all the other maps like, a fraction of their sizes.

Speaking of, Oil Rig is way, way too big for 6v6.

Shoot the Rusty Ship playlist pls IW

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

All the bigger maps need something like hardpoint or domination to help focus the action imo. Is search and destroy any fun? It always through me off when I was expecting to respawn and then didn't, so I never have it a chance.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mrking posted:

All the bigger maps need something like hardpoint or domination to help focus the action imo. Is search and destroy any fun? It always through me off when I was expecting to respawn and then didn't, so I never have it a chance.

It definitely helps, but even then it feels like you're spending a disproportionate amount of time hauling rear end to the next hardpoint or flag.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Speaking of large maps, I have recently gotten into Ground War and drat that game mode is so close to being good. I think it could have been so much better if it wasn't just Big Domination. Maybe something like the old Killzone 2 multiplayer where the rules are changing constantly, like from domination to hardpoint to snd or something. In a perfect world it would be completely objective based like WolfET (drat I'm old) but I think developers are scared to make shooters like that these days.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
cod ww2 did ground war: war the right way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRaVfqqbFIU&t=34s

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

moist turtleneck posted:

cod ww2 did ground war: war the right way

Wow this is almost exactly what I am talking about. I wonder why they didn't just bring this into Modern Warfare.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Theophany posted:

It definitely helps, but even then it feels like you're spending a disproportionate amount of time hauling rear end to the next hardpoint or flag.

Oh gawd the Aniyah incursion (?) large map on hardpoint or hq is the absolute worst, the points just spawn at opposite ends of the map and if you can’t find an atv you will never make it to the point before it expires.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

mrking posted:

S&D Hardcoremode is what all the old cod4 pros & promod players go on because it's the closest to the OG CoD4 Experience

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is the big palace map even in ground war? 10v10 is still way too small for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

how are the remasters by the way? it's been a while and I sort of want to experience the spectacle again, but I own every cod since mw1 already.