Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

It's meant to be a family show but yes it doesn't balance kids Vs adult enjoyment too well

It has on occasion but I stopped watching season 7 of the new who, out of disgust and boredom

E:shameful who snipe, just like 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
The Capaldi years got pretty dark and existential and even though it didn't always land it none of it was exactly cbbc material

E if Doctor Who is for kids so is Star Trek imo (and Star Trek may well be for kids)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Oh god, turn on the telly somethings happened in london

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

everything always happens in london

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Doctor Who varies between pretty good and loving terrible on a weekly basis and the wider storylines either go nowhere or are too apocalyptically big to actually pay off in a satisfactory way, making it absolutely exhausting to keep up with. So I stopped.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ratjaculation posted:

Is it more job losses

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's a joke about the page number of this thread

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
2020 is fast approaching. Memories might be too raw to post on that page

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
just a dribble of piss please mr sky I'm dying

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Guys we got the Olympics!!!!!!!!!

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

This was the year I chucked my long distance ex, and turned into a slag.

It was a good, hazy year.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's a teens show and it operates on kid show rules. Solutions don't have to make sense, actions don't need to be appropriate to the situation, moral messages are forced into the scripts and then ignored in the next episode. Everything that happens need to be restated to ensure everyone is keeping up. There's nothing wrong with any of that, it's just accessible escapist fiction.

Also, it was originally meant to be edutainment and teach kids history.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm on my third ice lolly of the day.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm trying to remember if I lost my virginity in 2005

I'll have to check and see when my uncle was arrested for it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A very 2005 joke. Well done.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I lost my virginity in 2001. Still haven't found it hahaha

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

2005 is when I got divorced from my first wife

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i have yet to encounter a dr who fan that has a good answer to love and monsters

and i say this as someone who kind of likes dr who

the trick is to forget it

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

A thing that is actually happening tonight is lots of venues being lit in red and people in the streets to protest against the (very soon) coming death of our touring and events industry.

Could be some good photo ops if anyone’s game for a wander. Same across cities in the UK.

It’s pretty lovely to have almost everyone you know or worked with over the past 15 years either already made redundant this month, or facing it within 2-4 weeks.

I don’t expect it’ll lead to any reversal on the role of the government sadly, but at least it’ll give a good little last hurrah.

If you need me, I’ll be “lighting it red” at home by shovelling bottles of wine into my face

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Much like doctor who's, my virginity, lost a millennia ago.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oh cool it is not too late to apply for an ma

gonna do that tonight once the temperature is down to something designed for humans to handle

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

imagine the gif of ice cube driving but with the :unsmith: head

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol the plastic undersill (?) on the drivers side of the Tesla has warped in the heat and fallen off

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

That's a feature

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Neurophonic posted:

A thing that is actually happening tonight is lots of venues being lit in red and people in the streets to protest against the (very soon) coming death of our touring and events industry.

Could be some good photo ops if anyone’s game for a wander. Same across cities in the UK.

It’s pretty lovely to have almost everyone you know or worked with over the past 15 years either already made redundant this month, or facing it within 2-4 weeks.

I don’t expect it’ll lead to any reversal on the role of the government sadly, but at least it’ll give a good little last hurrah.

If you need me, I’ll be “lighting it red” at home by shovelling bottles of wine into my face

Gosh they already gave you pocket change to split 2000 ways. What more do you want?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gosh its hot

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Gee golly wilikers

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Gee golly wilikers

I'll use my credit card

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Gosh they already gave you pocket change to split 2000 ways. What more do you want?

Outside of the opera houses and top tier theatres, we might as well be left to fight to the death for the leftovers.

There’s gonna be a lot of angry people with nothing to do, and access to some very large piles of speakers soon. I’m already working on my Fury Road-style vehicle design for the coming apocalypse.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

oh cool it is not too late to apply for an ma

gonna do that tonight once the temperature is down to something designed for humans to handle

What are you doing? I hope it’s something society will find useful in the end times, like gravedigging rather than one of those toilet paper “history” or “literature” things.

I spent ages chasing a good reference from my employer, and heavily editing my personal statement to try and get close to the 500 word recommended limit for my MSc application last month.

I sent an email thanking them for letting me cut it so close to the deadline, and my tutor responded within 60 seconds saying I was on the course. Fuckers didn’t even read it - hopefully that stays par for the course and I pass with zero effort.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the temperature causes me severe concern. we're not even getting storms tomorrow! central scheduling pushed them back to thursday!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its creative writing i am so hosed once society collapses

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Society will always require storytellers. You could multiclass to bard.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

that would require me having a class to begin with

i think i am an npc villager

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol the plastic undersill (?) on the drivers side of the Tesla has warped in the heat and fallen off

It's moulting. Start keeping a diary so future generations can discover what it turned into and why they are now cowering in the sewers as a result.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

2005 was when I went off to uni and tried to lose my virginity to an Australian internet friend and failed, because it loving snowed and I was down in Cornwall and we got cut off so he never visited

tbh bullet dodged, but christ

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The heroes never have the professional skills.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
drat, 2005 was my phoenix years after dropping from the uni and returning two years later.

Honors, working out like 6 days a week (because lol being poor twenty something student with access to free uni gym, kendo and olympic swimming pool) and attending really cool archealogical restoration projects with my college prof/mentor.

Pressing F for my homie young Galewolf.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i went to uni in 2005 after getting my a-levels

you could buy 20 marlboro reds for a fiver from corner shops, and i think wetherspoons still did jugs of cocktail for a fiver as well. i had a flip phone, iirc.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

When I was a teenager I farted on Dr Who. (That one with the scarf)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think I was eagerly awaiting world of Warcraft to be released and playing lots of video games after dropping out of college in 2005