Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vargs posted:

What kind of monster picks syndicates solely based on which factions they can tolerate, but then does not choose Steel Meridian?

I cannot tolerate a syndicate with no flair in their aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
What kind of a monster plays lootin' murderin' magic robots and then gives up most of the loot for moral reasons.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm not going to support either of the factions of Literal Hitlers, no matter how cool a hat they might eventually give me. Steel Meridian vs Perrin Sequence I'll admit was more arbitrary. If I could do Suda/Perrin/Steel without hating every fiddly gear change, I would in a heartbeat.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
You could just get Perrin's untradeable loot and drop 'em.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dareon posted:

I'm not going to support either of the factions of Literal Hitlers, no matter how cool a hat they might eventually give me.

OK but here's my pitch. The hats are really good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Red Veil/Perrin Sequence/New Loka gang.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Red Veil, Perrin, New Loka, and Steel. Step up.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I mean, if we want to talk weird moral choices, what the gently caress is with the Glast Gambit? "Let the child go back to the family that loves her and the society that she grew up in" is somehow the evil (Okay, fine, Renegade Closed Fist Moon) option? Explain that one, mom.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dareon posted:

I mean, if we want to talk weird moral choices, what the gently caress is with the Glast Gambit? "Let the child go back to the family that loves her and the society that she grew up in" is somehow the evil (Okay, fine, Renegade Closed Fist Moon) option? Explain that one, mom.

Honestly, that's the choice that should make it blindingly obvious that DE is taking a starkly different approach to alignment than Bioware. I mean, the "light" option ends up with a colony stripped of their self-sufficiency and former culture. Both of them deny the kid involved of any agency. Just ask the drat kid what she wants to do. Neutral path best path.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like flying around shooting poo poo in Railjack, personally.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I was loka, perrrin, red veil but then I realized 1/3 of my daily faction was getting wasted on steel meridian barbarians if I wore red veil so now I'm leafs and corporate gang only.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Do DE contribute to the wiki? I don't see how some of the information would be available otherwise.

I've been getting up up to speed on RJ by reading the wiki, this thread, and the helpful goons on the two runs I've done. The details on what each level of Intrinsics investment gets you for eg seems too detailed to figure out without DE help.

RJ lacks the talking face trying to be helpful in telling you what to do like for eg Konzu in Eidolons. This is a good thing, because when you're new those faces don't help much - but they're there forever, repeating the same lines long after you've done the mission dozens of times.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

IIRC the light/dark scale is more of an "honor"/"emotion" scale than a "good"/"evil" scale?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

BabelFish posted:

Huh, I am indeed wrong. I must be remembering before they did the railjack enemy HP/armor rebalance.

Just tested it, sometimes you get 2/3 of a ruse war field's crewship worth of damage, sometimes only 1/3. It seems the shot can crit.

Not only that, but both particle and plasma statuses are damage multipliers. If you want to amplify your artillery damage, do a gun run on the crewship while they're charging.
(carcinex is great for this due to ROF, Apocs have both damage types but the rof isn't as good and neither is the status chance, but most RJ weapons do at least one, forget which is most common. Think its plasma?)

I've done the full sweep of Syndicates for the exclusives, started left, swung right. Might go back again.

It seems like everyone's going perrin sequence/loka these days: Is it just me or is suda and hexis becoming the shortage syndicate thats harder to find?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

gnoma posted:

I was loka, perrrin, red veil but then I realized 1/3 of my daily faction was getting wasted on steel meridian barbarians if I wore red veil so now I'm leafs and corporate gang only.

Nah, you want to maintain steel, so you wear red veil. Wear red veil, run red veil and new loka syndicate missions. The negative from new loka gets balanced out by the sigil. So once you get steel to general (rank 5) you can maintain standing while slowing raising new loka and perrin. Steel and veil should be friends anyway.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

v1ld posted:

Do DE contribute to the wiki? I don't see how some of the information would be available otherwise.

I don't know if they edit it directly but there are the occasional deep dive forum threads where a lot of information comes from. That said I took a look through intrinsics and I don't see anything that can't be observed from the outside. What in particular were you reading that made you think it's DE editing the wiki?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Psion posted:

What in particular were you reading that made you think it's DE editing the wiki?

The complete lack of information presented in the first mission I tried to the seeming completeness of the wiki entries, nothing in particular. Here's an example of a detail that would take a bit of testing to verify (side turrents):

quote:

Rank 9: Drifting reduces weapon heat buildup by 50% while increasing weapon damage by 50%. (Requires pilot with Piloting 5)

Or this table, which is laborious to compile for a player and trivial for DE to add themselves: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Tactical_Menu#Ability_Kinesis

The community does a lot of testing and is motivated, in general. But since the wiki carries a huge part of the load of educating the player base on important details, I wondered if they actively contributed. Deep dive forum threads probably bridge the gap well enough as you said.

E: Yeah, my statement "don't see how the info wouldn't be available otherwise" is def too strong. It can all be figured out with a little help in a forum thread or two.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
no idea what this conversation is about, but DE does give drop chance tables and other stuff freely to the community. The reason being they were lenient on dataminers for years until the dataminers used the data to cheat in some competetion or something like that. So now they instead just give all data out so they dont need to be as tolerant of dataminers while also being open on how their game works.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

v1ld posted:

Or this table, which is laborious to compile for a player and trivial for DE to add themselves: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Tactical_Menu#Ability_Kinesis
You can see how it was put together, revised and edited and who did how much and when on the edit page: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Tactical_Menu?action=history

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Whew. Good point. The game does have an amazing community.

E: Wasn't criticizing DE or expecting them to maintain the wiki, just curious as to how the wiki is so detailed in certain spots. A combination of community research plus DE datadumps and forum responses seems to be the answer.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gnoma posted:

Yeah same
Tri-faction isn't really worth the effort unless you love syandanas or... captura backgrounds?
Your daily faction rep cap is shared between all factions anyways, so I just leave the Cephalon Suda sigil on every frame 100% of the time and end up getting just as many rewards as the folks who juggle 4 at once. If I don't have a particular augment/weapon in the two factions I'm getting rep for (Suda, plus hexis with the 50% friendship bonus), I can just trade for it.

But then I pretty much never do the daily syndicate rep missions. I dunno how those change the equation.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

There's something like ~450-600p total of augs you'll ever want.
On plat bought on discount that's 4-7 local currency units to just ignore it totally whilst supporting DE.
So you can just rotate through them (meaning wear a sigil on your relic-cracking frame and then ignore it until it caps) to pull out the weapons for largely MR fodder.
Once you've done that, rotate back to SM so you can throw chromatic blades & scattered justice at every newbie you see.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I thought I was a cool dude so I started Steel Path and my Fulmin can barely scratch enemies.

Holy poo poo...

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
School me in Granum Void farming, please. I’ve done the run a bunch of times now, on a frankly ridiculous Mesa gunning everything down, and on tankier frames running around chucking the Xoris, and results have been mixed, especially on Nightmare. It feels like I’m at the mercy of the spawns to put the 75 specters in my sights, preferably close enough that I can grab a pyramid for time extension, but I’ve watched people get consistent runs on streams / YouTube and fully acknowledge that I’m just missing something.

I must have watched this a dozen times and I have no idea how they’re getting those results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnoKK9Z4e0

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Honestly I recommend doing it solo. More frames means weirder spawns which can mean more running around. Mesa worked for me, didn't bother with the Xoris. Bring pizzas, just in case.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Move fast, kill fast, don't get too stuck in one position as the spawns don't seem to support that as well now (might be easier solo) don't have to worry about over-collecting time anymore.

Though last time I tried my Mesa got downed trying to solo the tier 3s because they interact weirdly with her defenses. and I swapped to Revenant instead.

EDIT : Watch your mini-map, equip extra radar if you really need it, the aura is - polarity anyway IIRC?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Revenant on a rock

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I also got downed one or two times, but that just means you have to pop a pizza.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Kestral posted:

School me in Granum Void farming, please. I’ve done the run a bunch of times now, on a frankly ridiculous Mesa gunning everything down, and on tankier frames running around chucking the Xoris, and results have been mixed, especially on Nightmare. It feels like I’m at the mercy of the spawns to put the 75 specters in my sights, preferably close enough that I can grab a pyramid for time extension, but I’ve watched people get consistent runs on streams / YouTube and fully acknowledge that I’m just missing something.

I must have watched this a dozen times and I have no idea how they’re getting those results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnoKK9Z4e0

Here's the method I used to solo farm all the difficulties of granum voids, very simple, if you have Octavia. Aim for 100% power strength (or more) and a balance of range and duration. Enter the void. Press 1. Press 3 and crouch on timing to turn invisible. Done, that easy. The specters kill themselves on the mallet and respawn nearby before swiftly drifting into range. Re-cast mallet if it runs out. Bring whichever gun you like the best to shoot the treasurers afterwards.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Red Veil/Perrin Sequence/New Loka gang.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Captainicus posted:

Here's the method I used to solo farm all the difficulties of granum voids, very simple, if you have Octavia. Aim for 100% power strength (or more) and a balance of range and duration. Enter the void. Press 1. Press 3 and crouch on timing to turn invisible. Done, that easy. The specters kill themselves on the mallet and respawn nearby before swiftly drifting into range. Re-cast mallet if it runs out. Bring whichever gun you like the best to shoot the treasurers afterwards.

Wait, going to the Granum Void spawns more Corpus Treasurers? The ones that drop crowns when you kill them?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
No. They spawn on those maps regardless. But generally you want to spend a coin, loot a coin each mission. For time purposes.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Yes, above is correct. If you are solo it helps that you can wait nearby extraction if you finish too quick and no treasurer has spawned yet.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Is there any reason to keep my second Hydroid Prime, since the tennocon stream ended up giving out two?
I believe they said prime frames can't be fed to the Helminth, right?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Prime frames can't be subsumed, ya.

You could keep it if you want six different loadouts, or like a regular and an umbral hydroid. Otherwise no there's not much reason to keep a spare.

ElegantFugue posted:

IIRC the light/dark scale is more of an "honor"/"emotion" scale than a "good"/"evil" scale?

It is indeed more of a hot/cold thing than a good/evil thing. It's basically taoism's sun/moon thing but it's hard to really be more specific than that given the game, uh, doesn't really use that mechanic for anything except a few scenes and it still, at best, may or may not influence anything in the future.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Kestral posted:

School me in Granum Void farming, please.

When you spawn in turn around and stay near the edge of the zone. The spawns will stack up close to you and be easy to kill.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Did we get a list of subsume abilities and a detailed breakdown of how that all works yet?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
13th ideally (for discussion on PrimeTime), possibly 14th

even then it's likely not gonna be final

BMan posted:

Revenant on a rock
I've tried a few dozen things (mostly to break up the tedium) and this is ultimately just the cheapest (0-1 forma), easiest (no sustain pizzas needed) and most consistent (as long as you pick a decent initial position) thing i've gone back to

tho other players running around like headless chickens and causing the spawns to spread out and get lost can mess it up real bad

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Daily login bonus! "Those who brave the thorn may eat the rare fruit."

Teshin. That's a Skana.

I mean I'll take it because I started with the Bo, but come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Chocobo posted:

Did we get a list of subsume abilities and a detailed breakdown of how that all works yet?

No but I can tell you what is going to happen, there will be about one best in slot Buff ability, CC ability and Movement ability, nobody will use anything else to replace their frames worst ability and there will be no reason to ever subsume more abilities beyond those, except for completionism and the vain hope that farming that second Grendel to subsume will fill the emptiness inside you once you get 100%