Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Tiny Bug Child posted:

picky eater solidarity, picky eater supremacy. why should i go eat a bunch of gross poo poo to try to trick my brain into not thinking it's so gross anymore
people will never get over the idea that eating poo poo (in every sense) is a virtue.

'overrule your basic drives for the convenience of uppity dipshits, peasant.'

Biohazard posted:

I had to stop dating a woman in part because she'd only eat the same 3 things, and the whole thing came off as incredibly childish and stupid.
this sucks though. picky eating should come from love of food & flavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

p. much any canned good can be drank/duck-gulped directly from the receptacle

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It'd be great if the guy who got so excited to meet goofy that he puked all over himself had that happen, like, a couple weekends ago. He was totally cool with fruit his whole life but just got totally AMPED about seeing Goofy and tossed his fruit cup all over his way too small "I <3 Mickey" shirt

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

big shout out to the people who eat frozen za and mac cheese 7 Days a week. I love you all, but I am also quietly relieved I no longer have to socially dine w/ you or anyone else thanks to covid.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

CynCyanide posted:

I have a coworker who will not eat any kind of fruit and will tell you about it at length. "It's a texture issue," he claims. Other times he claims it's because he got so excited to meet Goofy at Disney World that he barfed up the pineapple chunks he'd had with breakfast and hasn't been able to eat fruit since. There was a bowl of oranges at an office party once and he cringed away from it like a vampire from the sun. Obviously he's also a big attention whore.

These are the same people who tell you that YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ORDER HAWAIIAN PIZZA, THAT'S WRONG AND OH GOD DOES ANYONE LIKE ME YET IT'S EITHER THIS PIZZA THING OR I HAVE TO DEVELOP A PERSONALITY!

I don't really like Hawaiian pizza, but good god who gives a gently caress.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

EorayMel posted:

All Lettuce loving sucks rear end but I will not object to spinach leaves. Am I one of these people who are unreasonably weird about food?

Spinach is great but it turns into a goopy mess way too easily.

Biohazard posted:

Having food preferences is fine. Being a "picky eater" generally means you failed to develop past being a toddler. I had to stop dating a woman in part because she'd only eat the same 3 things, and the whole thing came off as incredibly childish and stupid. I saw no future with her, the same way I see no future with you OP. It's best we go our different ways and remember the good times we had.

I agree, the picky eaters in my family have all tended to be narcissistic assholes in general who would fly off the handle over minor things. gently caress them.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Freezes McCheeses would be a compelling mascot

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Hawaiian pizza is good but I think the pineapple is frequently cut too chunky. It should be cut thin so that it carmelizes all the way through.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Starks posted:

Hawaiian pizza is good but I think the pineapple is frequently cut too chunky. It should be cut thin so that it carmelizes all the way through.

Skip the middle man and just pour a capri sun into a bag of shredded mozzarella and nuke that bad boy for 2 minutes

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Skip the middle man and just pour a capri sun into a bag of shredded mozzarella and nuke that bad boy for 2 minutes

:barf:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cyril Sneer posted:

- people who order cheese pizza

I don't eat it exclusively but two or three times a year I get a big hankering for a plain cheese pizza with extra cheese. Sometimes its good to have something simple (that will also stop me from making GBS threads for a week)

Do it ironically posted:

The only reason to not be vegan is you're a selfish person who doesn't care about reducing suffering while saving the planet for future generations

Not sure what category that puts me in OP I'll let you decide

:jerkbag:

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 11, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

cheese and a bit of pineapple on a stick is classical british cuisine

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Freezes McCheeses is the picky eater mascot that all the kids crave. He talks like a drunk clown and asks kids to make sure they try all their food to get all their vitamins.
Instead of making balloon animals he has pockets full of those crab and cheese stuffed mushrooms they always have on Chinese buffets for some reason, and they're room temperature.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Like a walking taco of Hawaiian pizza.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Being a picky eater is not an allergy or disability and nobody who is kind enough to cook for you should ever feel obligated to accommodate all of your childish food kinks. It's the cook's job to push you out of the plane. Deal with it.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

kecske posted:

at least pick something good to be picky about. eating something that the mcdonalds cabal of burgermancers have engineered to tick the lizard brain boxes of fat, salt, etc isnt good

why don't you picky eaters eat something that's good??? no not the thing that an army of food scientists have spent decades and the GDP of small nations refining into something that's so good that it is literally addictive. i meant good like, uh, kale

you can say fast food is unhealthy and get no argument from me, or maybe your gut pipes can't handle all the grease and it makes you sick, fine. but saying fast food tastes bad is just a lie

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

poverty goat posted:

Being a picky eater is not an allergy or disability and nobody who is kind enough to cook for you should ever feel obligated to accommodate all of your childish food kinks

It can be part of the latter, for folks with sensory processing issues, speaking as someone who has such, but is not especially fussy about what they eat.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

I dont hate picky eaters, their tiny little culinary world is enough of a self own that any added scorn feels cruel. Especially the people who only eat frozen foods they can microwave or fast food are incredibly sad to me. They must feel like huge babies ordering chicken fingers off the kids menu whenever they go out to eat, it sounds like an incredibly sad life to live.

And what about those people who only drink soda/energy drinks who love to talk about how gross water is? Water is basically the least offensive, most neutral, flavor there is and replacing it entirely with diet coke makes my skin crawl.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RepeatingMeme posted:

I dont hate picky eaters, their tiny little culinary world is enough of a self own that any added scorn feels cruel. Especially the people who only eat frozen foods they can microwave or fast food are incredibly sad to me. They must feel like huge babies ordering chicken fingers off the kids menu whenever they go out to eat, it sounds like an incredibly sad life to live.

And what about those people who only drink soda/energy drinks who love to talk about how gross water is? Water is basically the least offensive, most neutral, flavor there is and replacing it entirely with diet coke makes my skin crawl.

People do that? :stare:

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
i used to know a guy who wouldn't drink water because it "tastes like a mouth"

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

My boss won't eat bread, is actively disgusted by it. I can't make her a sandwich or anything. She will, however, eat pizza two days a week (she's like 100 pounds so can somehow get away with it), burritos, wraps, tacos, cookies, cake, and I just learned apparently alternates pancakes and waffles for breakfast.

She claims it is a texture issue but I assume she was attacked by a man holding a baguette as a child and has internalized it, it's the only explanation I have for why she won't eat bread but will eat things that are 95% identical.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

immature joe

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Pickiness can also be a mental health thing; humans, like any other animal, tend to fall back on the familiar in times of stress.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Do it ironically posted:

The only reason to not be vegan is you're a selfish person who doesn't care about reducing suffering while saving the planet for future generations

Not sure what category that puts me in OP I'll let you decide

I have a death cult exemption.

Suffering will increase exponentially as human race grows in number and, gods forbid, spreads to the stars. It is far more ethical to consume our way to a quick extinction than face infinite suffering the future generations will bring :smugdog:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I suspect people who cut the crust off of slices of bread have some sort of brain parasite.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
there should be more salty/meat types of yogurt. why is it only sweet/fruit based

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like ketchup and gravy at the same time on fries, or on top of poutine, and it's absolutely horrified a handful of people over the years.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm technically "weird" about food, in the sense that I dislike a lot of foods that people like. It's not the same as picky though.

Biohazard posted:

These are the same people who tell you that YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ORDER HAWAIIAN PIZZA, THAT'S WRONG AND OH GOD DOES ANYONE LIKE ME YET IT'S EITHER THIS PIZZA THING OR I HAVE TO DEVELOP A PERSONALITY!

Agreed on both counts. I tried Hawaiian pizza, and it tasted like literal vomit to me. Yeesh.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I like ketchup and gravy at the same time on fries, or on top of poutine, and it's absolutely horrified a handful of people over the years.

I mix honey mustard & ketchup for chicken finger dipping. The ketchup balances it out.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

EorayMel posted:

People do that? :stare:
I was like this for a long time.

Growing up, my parents owned a small grocery store and our house was attached to it. Among the biggest problems of being a teenager with unfettered access to junk food was from the age of 9-18, I'd only drink Mt. Dew, Verifine fruit punch, and the occasional milk. I'd drink water on infrequent camping trips once or twice a year but that was it. If the liquid wasn't sweet, I wouldn't drink it. Only after college did I start to voluntarily ween myself from the poo poo but it was a long process in my 20s and 30s going from sugared, artificial sweetener, seltzer to get to water.

Even once I was able to get a "taste" for water, it took a few years to "drink" enough. It's only been in the past year that I've actually been drinking an ounce or two from the bathroom faucet when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee.

How I managed to get to 47 without diabetes or major kidney damage, I don't know.

I'm not terribly emotional about a lot in this lovely world, but seeing parents who transition their kids off breast milk/formula to soda is heartbreaking to me.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
I dont know if people have a lot of control over their taste in food. If someone tries to eat something and doesn't like the taste, I don't see how someone can be faulted for eating what they like. You can't force yourself to like something, you can only have someone eat healthier because they know that the food theyre eating has a benefit in the future.

Essentially, foodies are annoying.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I like most components of a supreme pizza, but I always prefer a big, dumb, greasy New York pepperoni slice, the size of your head.

Supreme pizza is like a GWAR/Rod Stewart/Diplo collab track.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I've made myself eat something and later developed an appreciation for it before. It adds new flavors for you to enjoy, it's nice. Or if that's not your thing, that's okay too.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Oh Don Piano posted:

there should be more salty/meat types of yogurt. why is it only sweet/fruit based

this is very common in the balkans/central asia. like tzatziki.

Also we have something called kajmak that you eat with grilled meat. It's kind of between butter and milk, so it's not really yogurt but it can have a similar texture without the sourness.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Cheesus posted:

I was like this for a long time.

Growing up, my parents owned a small grocery store and our house was attached to it. Among the biggest problems of being a teenager with unfettered access to junk food was from the age of 9-18, I'd only drink Mt. Dew, Verifine fruit punch, and the occasional milk. I'd drink water on infrequent camping trips once or twice a year but that was it. If the liquid wasn't sweet, I wouldn't drink it. Only after college did I start to voluntarily ween myself from the poo poo but it was a long process in my 20s and 30s going from sugared, artificial sweetener, seltzer to get to water.

Even once I was able to get a "taste" for water, it took a few years to "drink" enough. It's only been in the past year that I've actually been drinking an ounce or two from the bathroom faucet when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee.

How I managed to get to 47 without diabetes or major kidney damage, I don't know.

I'm not terribly emotional about a lot in this lovely world, but seeing parents who transition their kids off breast milk/formula to soda is heartbreaking to me.

I'm now suddenly much more thankful that my overall soda consumption was at best a fraction of what yours was and that I almost exclusive drink water nowadays unless I'm having a specific meal or its a holiday or something.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Yeah I was gonna say. If you like salty hearty yogurt type stuff the former Ottoman Empire countries are ridiculously rich with all sorts of variations on that theme.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
the hawaiian pizza thing is so social media brainworms, it's something completely irrelevant that some people are driven to have extremely strong opinions about because there's almost nothing else inside. it's performative posting, but that's also their identity. they are their consumer preferences, and an empty thirst for likes. imagine being a guy that sees a hawaiian pizza post and wades into that bullshit like my dude get a loving hobby. go outside. go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell I'M AS M

Biohazard posted:

basically this

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Grevling posted:

I've made myself eat something and later developed an appreciation for it before. It adds new flavors for you to enjoy, it's nice. Or if that's not your thing, that's okay too.

I drunkenly ate a slice of pesto mushroom pizza and immediately developed a taste for mushrooms after hating them for my entire life before then.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Jim Long-un posted:

the hawaiian pizza thing is so social media brainworms, it's something completely irrelevant that some people are driven to have extremely strong opinions about because there's almost nothing else inside. it's performative posting, but that's also their identity. they are their consumer preferences, and an empty thirst for likes. imagine being a guy that sees a hawaiian pizza post and wades into that bullshit like my dude get a loving hobby. go outside. go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell I'M AS M

basically this
Yeah, i basically assume anyone that get's angry about Hawaiian pizza also collects those funko pop toys at an age exceeding 13.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I drunkenly ate a slice of pesto mushroom pizza and immediately developed a taste for mushrooms after hating them for my entire life before then.

Oh man, mushrooms are my jam. I had a korean bbq mushroom sandwhich the other day and I've thought of nothing else since. I'm also going to try and start eating considerably less meat starting in september, and mushrooms are a big part of my plan as far as meat replacement goes.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I read this thread title as People who are unreasonably without food and I immediately became unsympathetic for the actual subject matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I read this thread title as People who are unreasonably without food and I immediately became unsympathetic for the actual subject matter.

Go buy some food you loving poors!