Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

I enjoyed Ryse on PC :colbert: but iirc it was something like 900p30 on console, not a good look for a flagship

Tbh it looked great on the Xbone too, definitely one of the best-looking early games.

Too bad it's just a pretty bland game, though it did have many enjoyable parts too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Way better than the order 1886, but less pretty, tho the order slipped over a year from its launch window into 2015 from delays

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Real hurthling! posted:

Ps4s first year was dismal and xbox one had more exclusive games.

those exclusives were bad mtx delivery vehicles though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah i agree. Dead rising 3 isnt a classic or anything but those years were awful for games

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

didnt bloodborne come out within one year

edit: no it didnt.. yeah it was pretty bad. ps4 had no games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

didnt bloodborne come out within one year

edit: no it didnt.. yeah it was pretty bad. ps4 had no games

2015. It was dire

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Does Too Human not have subtitles?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
im in the whole group of people who got ps4s for destiny, which must be huge considering how many people i know wound up with the white console/ds4. i remember that generally being when everyone was getting new consoles, because while it was a cross-gen game it was per-platform multiplayer and it was the time that everyone was like "well if i wanna play with my friends i know they're all gonna be on the new consoles"

thank god bloodborne came out later so i didn't feel like such an idiot

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

battlefield 4 was a fun launch title even if it ran/looked like poo poo.

i liked forza 5 a lot but i didnt buy it until well after they patched out the MTX. I actually liked forza 5 much more than 6 because i hate how they changed the driving model

now forza is like........... ugh... for many reasons

I'm converted to gran turismo and iracing. I'm sure ill try the next forza on games pass to see if they improved it tho.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Disposable Scud posted:

Does Too Human not have subtitles?

why in the blue hell are you playing too human why do you hate yourself

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

Spiderman is just a DLC pack branded as a new experience. Nobody has any games until like mid 2021 at the earliest. Even Nintendo has nothing.

Nintendo isn't launching 2 console SKUs after hitting a wall under the green flag last time. Microsoft REALLY has nothing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They had only super luckys tale in 2018 for xb1x and it lasted 33months in the market and is now dead.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

buying any console at launch is dumb and i recommend no one do it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Stux posted:

buying any console at launch is dumb and i recommend no one do it
i'm gonna do it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

nintendo switch has nothing??? cmon mate

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat thats a big blow to the launch of this thing.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Buying consoles at launch is fun. I’ll pick up Rare Replay and some hits from One and be set for months with third parties.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

nintendo switch has nothing??? cmon mate
What does Nintendo have coming out between now and summer 2021? A port of a 7 year old WiiU game?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i'm going to buy it and the ps5 (once they come out with one that doesn't look ridiculous) and occasionally glance over at them while i'm using my nt mini to play the same games i've been playing for 30 years.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The REAL Goobusters posted:

drat thats a big blow to the launch of this thing.
I mean, it was already simulaunching with the One version and it clearly wasn't some sort of graphical powerhouse that would be greatly enhanced by playing it on the XSX. Sure the optics are bad for Microsoft, but there was already basically no reason to get a Series X. This doesn't really change anything.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all wii u ports count as new releases because literally no one owned a wii u

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im not done with all the amazing games that are already on the switch from earlier this year and idk about launch windows between now and summer 2021 but upcoming games i want: smt6, mario galaxy remasters, botw2, bayonetta 3, upcoming mario sequel.. off the top of my head

I think looking at a small launch window around the other console launches is the wrong way to look at the current state of the switch which imo is amazing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im fully going to count zelda windwaker and twilight princess hd as two new games as well

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't care about launch windows I'm just talking about the current state of gamedev re:COVID. Nobody has anything coming out anytime soon. We're in a dead zone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

uncle blog posted:

some hits from One

:shepspends:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

I don't care about launch windows I'm just talking about the current state of gamedev re:COVID. Nobody has anything coming out anytime soon. We're in a dead zone.

Sony just launched 2 aaa games in 2 months 4/5 months into covid lockdown

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Honestly probably really for the best that they're delaying Halo Infinite. I'm surprised that Microsoft was willing to take that step though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Sony just launched 2 aaa games in 2 months 4/5 months into covid lockdown
Almost like those games were already finished and only delayed because Sony was unsure what the effect of launching a game during a pandemic would have on physical sales.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

how can you say these things to me when animal crossing came out to keep us safe and at home

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Almost like those games were already finished and only delayed because Sony was unsure what the effect of launching a game during a pandemic would have on physical sales.

Halo been under dev for 5 years with 1200 people working on it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

flight sim 2020 seems to be wrapping up nicely for august release. No word on xbox version though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

flight sim 2020 seems to be wrapping up nicely for august release. No word on xbox version though

Welcome to the gears tactics/age of empires zone

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i feel like the only game for ps4 for like two years was binding of isaac

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Real hurthling! posted:

What you are suggesting is corporate malpractice given the damage its caused to the brand over 3 weeks of memes and drubbing so i very much believe its true cause phil spencer loving sucks

Huh? In what way is Phil spencer bad?

Lmao at everyone making GBS threads on MS for doing the obvious right thing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ms doing the right thing would be handling their IPs properly

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
This actually reminded me I never actually bought a game with my Xbox 360 when I got it, which may have been the January after launch? 360s were so hard to get.

For a few months I only had Hexic installed on it and got Outpost Kaloki X on Live.

I didn't buy a full priced game until Burnout Revenge and GRAW launched.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t expect them to do that

I agree with those that think the Series X is going to be priced higher and that the Series S or whatever they call it will be closer in line with the PS5

Michael Pachter believes that MS is waiting for Sony to announce price first, because they want to undercut the PS5. MS has a lot more cash than Sony, so it can afford to take a loss on the XSX. Sony on the other hand doesn't want to sell at a loss, but obviously doesn't want to price higher than MS.

That's why we're in this lovely stalemate where neither of them will announce the price.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Euphoriaphone posted:

Michael Pachter believes that MS is waiting for Sony to announce price first, because they want to undercut the PS5. MS has a lot more cash than Sony, so it can afford to take a loss on the XSX. Sony on the other hand doesn't want to sell at a loss, but obviously doesn't want to price higher than MS.

That's why we're in this lovely stalemate where neither of them will announce the price.

People are going to get their consoles and get home with them and play them for weeks until they decide on a price and finally bill people.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Euphoriaphone posted:

You can’t buy them right now, this does not affect you in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

D1E posted:

Honestly probably really for the best that they're delaying Halo Infinite. I'm surprised that Microsoft was willing to take that step though.

I think that speaks more to how little Microsoft is invested in hardware this coming generation. They're more interested in Infinite pushing Game Pass subs than consoles. I can see MS willing to delay Infinite in the hopes that more dev time will make the game more enticing for Game Pass subs even if it hurts XSX sales today.

Plus, MS could be forecasting that they'll be backordered in XSX sales through early 2021, and so delaying Infinite might not even impact their console shipments.