Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1293251410633674753?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This is how they'll steal the election!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1293261908934561793?s=19

CNN confirming Karen Bass will not be the pick.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1293229750933225476?s=20

Dems need to catch up that Republicans are waging civil war, and you aren't fighting foreigners.

One page later... :v:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Nonsense posted:

Dems need to catch up that Republicans are waging civil war, and you aren't fighting foreigners.

:shrug: 47% vs 55% on a "most likely" question doesn't get me too worked up. I'm confident "Select All" would see higher rates. The question wasn't even "most impactful meddling", just most likely.

sexpig by night posted:

uh or it could be because Pete's record as a mayor was one of complete racism and anti-poor bullshit.
Which, as you often note, is also the record of your generic establishment Dem rep, senator, governor, or mayor.

Going back to the original question on "seething hate"... had celebs and donors and Obamaworld and press aligned behind Seth Moulton or Tim Ryan en route to an Iowa tie while Pete backed out before the caucuses, I think that Pete would be in the same :rolleyes: bucket as Beto and Booker (or even less known) and other nondescript establishment types while Moulton and Ryan get their deserved loathing. But I may be wrong! It happens often!

sexpig by night posted:

is there any danger for Omar's primary today? The right keeps crowing about how much money her opponent has but do they have any actual support?
Her challenger is well funded and ticks a lot of the boxes that the "I love our corporate diversity programs" limo liberal crowd in her district would need to replace her. The district also contains a large chunk of Minnesota's Jewish population.

In any other year, I'd be extremely confident in Omar's impending victory. Given everything COVID, I still expect a win but I'm less assured. With that said, I don't know Minnesota's sore loser laws. If she's able to run in November even after a loss, I'd expect her to win handily.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Boooo, well, hopefully at least it's not Harris either

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1293274059283677185

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

So the thing with this is, if they steal the election this way, they're going to try to make it look like an edge case, where no one is quite sure if the election was stolen bad enough to warrant getting out in the streets to stop it. The GOP is counting on the populace to be afraid of crossing the line, being seen as the aggressor. They'll use the exact same tactic they're using against BLM, painting the entire movement in the same box as the minority of individuals who did get violent at protests

If they get away with sabotaging mail in votes to give Trump the win, AND convincing people not to stand up in numbers large enough to stop them, that's the end of US democracy.

I think it's very possible that Trump still loses bad enough that it's not a question, I'm hoping that will be the case. But people really need to think about what they should do if he steals this.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

It's gonna be loving incredible watching this play out. Can't decide if I should have popcorn on hand or xanax.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Orthanc6 posted:

So the thing with this is, if they steal the election this way, they're going to try to make it look like an edge case, where no one is quite sure if the election was stolen bad enough to warrant getting out in the streets to stop it. The GOP is counting on the populace to be afraid of crossing the line, being seen as the aggressor. They'll use the exact same tactic they're using against BLM, painting the entire movement in the same box as the minority of individuals who did get violent at protests

If they get away with sabotaging mail in votes to give Trump the win, AND convincing people not to stand up in numbers large enough to stop them, that's the end of US democracy.

I think it's very possible that Trump still loses bad enough that it's not a question, I'm hoping that will be the case. But people really need to think about what they should do if he steals this.

Democracy dies 11/3/2020.

Set your watch.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I don’t think they’ll manage to steal it.

They are looking to make it unclear that it was won fairly. To preemptively delegitimize.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Democracy dies 11/3/2020.

Set your watch.

I thought Democracy already died in darkness. Help me Covok, i am confused.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Remember that time that the Wisconsin GOP rammed an election through and did everything in their power to prevent voting by "the wrong people" and yet it completely blew up in their faces? It was several millennia ago so i can understand people forgetting.

I'm not saying the GOP can't gently caress up the election, I am saying that when they try they don't have the best track record of success.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Woah Vice President Rice

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1293193117802336258?s=20

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 11, 2020

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Nonsense posted:

His namesake garbage

Don't post the loving Babylon Bee

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Why is this indicative of a stolen election? Just to plant the seed that everyone going on election day to vote is a Trumper?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Fake news you should trust.

Zotix posted:

Why is this indicative of a stolen election? Just to plant the seed that everyone going on election day to vote is a Trumper?

I dont know a single Biden voter who intends to do so in person.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Zotix posted:

It isn't on its own, but Trump is going to do everything in his power to ensure that mail-in ballots are not counted.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

It's almost endearing how bad it is.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

There is absolutely no way in Hell that mail-in ballots for Democrats will be counted.

He'll win even if he's 20 points down.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Fake news you should trust.

I'm gonna be one.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zotix posted:

This information is not in and of itself a bad thing, but in the context of the Trump administration doing everything it can to gently caress over the USPS and trying to disqualify mail-in voting, it illustrates a likely path towards how Republicans can steal the election.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Zotix posted:

I'm gonna be one.

Same.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zotix posted:

I'm gonna be one.

Be safe, I don't suggest it.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Nonsense posted:

I'm considering it. If there's continued shenanigans with the USPS, my polling place is literally behind my back yard.

Of course that's also why I think any "stolen" election will fail. People will still go vote. I also don't think that Trump can successfully get mail-in ballots tossed. He can only, at best, slow them. But they'll get counted anyway.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xombie posted:

I'm considering it. If there's continued shenanigans with the USPS, my polling place is literally behind my back yard.

Of course that's also why I think any "stolen" election will fail. People will still go vote. I also don't think that Trump can successfully get mail-in ballots tossed. He can only, at best, slow them. But they'll get counted anyway.

Yeah institutional rot takes a long time, and while people have predicted the demise of the Post Office before, it will probably last through November, just barely enough time for a lot of people to vote.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm still going to do mail-in voting but only because I'm in a state that isn't likely to have any sort of shenanigans happen to it. If I had any doubts I'd go in person (and my polling place is more or less down the street so that's not too bad)

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

He's going to declare victory election night and sue to have any uncounted ballots tossed.

While the suit works his way through the courts, the ballots will come in and the vote tally including emails ins will say that he lost.

Queue another 5-4 court decision that not only gives Republicans the White House again but creates a federal ruling that ensures that all ballots, mailed or otherwise need to be in on election day to be counted.

We live in hellworld, what else would possibly happen?

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Do most states not have ballot dropboxes for mail votes? In Oregon, that's where I always drop off my mail-in ballots. It seems like that would be the easiest solution if the USPS is getting hosed with.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Do most states not have ballot dropboxes for mail votes? In Oregon, that's where I always drop off my mail-in ballots. It seems like that would be the easiest solution if the USPS is getting hosed with.

I think the problem is more people getting their ballots mailed to them, or being delayed long enough to be determined as invalid.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Xombie posted:

Why do you think this? There's no reason to believe Florida will count mail-in ballots from unfriendly counties, and they already have a history of making sure the right guy wins.

As far as the rest of the States go, there's enough Trump cultists to do whatever the President says to delay "Bad, Fraudulent votes!" on the 5th.

Predicting anything but the worst is dangerously naive.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Yashar says it's Kamala

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1293279745505767424?s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1293279895578193921?s=20

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
CNN also confirming

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Ah good, another reason not to vote for him.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Zotix posted:

It indicates that there is a massive partisan upside to USPS fuckery, mainly.

TwoQuestions posted:

There is absolutely no way in Hell that mail-in ballots for Democrats will be counted.

He'll win even if he's 20 points down.
Even in the best-case scenario that there is no fuckery at all, the rejection rate of absentee ballots in a NY primary was around 10%, which is enough for a large percentage point swing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alright D&D, the race is on. Who's gonna be the first one to set yourselves on fire? Aaaaand... GO!

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Legit bummed it wasn't Susan Rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Alright D&D, the race is on. Who's gonna be the first one to set yourselves on fire? Aaaaand... GO!

USPOL Summer: The Self-Immolation Entertainment Station