Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/RemingSteele/status/1292997086049456128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Survivor Series is coming up

sounds like the perfect time for Retribution v 5 of Shane’s pit fighters for control of Raw Underground

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Julio Cruz posted:

Survivor Series is coming up

sounds like the perfect time for Retribution v 5 of Shane’s pit fighters for control of Raw Underground

Bold of you to assume either storyline will make it to even September

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't they say that Hurt Business was in control of Underground two weeks ago? Was that ever referenced this week?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't they say that Hurt Business was in control of Underground two weeks ago? Was that ever referenced this week?

WWE is about moments

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Armando Estrada spoke to Busted Open Radio

Armando Estrada posted:

As you know, there’s writers and things change very frequently, so the verbiage had changed several times prior to me going out. And by the time they gave me the 5th version, it was like I had less than 10 minutes to get all this verbiage down. And, needless to say, I had some memorized from here, here, some s–t I thought was terrible. And I’m like, ‘I’m not saying that.’ So I went out and called what I felt was the best version of all those promos they gave me, but I think I went a little bit longer.

As a result and afterward, ‘Freebird’ Michael Hayes pulled me aside and said, ‘You know, I know you had the audience with you, but the same things that got you to the dance will get you sent back to developmental.’

And I didn’t understand that at the time, and I’m like, well I’m just going out here doing the best job that I can, like, why am I going to be punished for that? You know, I started to understand that later on in my career as to you can’t be the main event, you can’t cut the main event promo if you’re in the fourth or fifth match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The absolute easiest part of any invasion angle is the beginning and WWE can’t even do that bit right.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Bold of you to assume either storyline will make it to even September

It'll make it to Survivor Series,

Just Retribution will have already been beaten clean and made to look like chumps umpteen times beforehand.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This:

Michael Shitbird Hayes posted:

"the same things that got you to the dance will get you sent back to developmental."

Is loving insane. I mean, I know it's always been that way and nobody is allowed to truly shine or "grab the brass ring" but to have it spoken so clearly to you has got to be the most maddening thing someone can hear.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it’s very to me funny that Dijakovic might be going from some kind of weird blood purity gimmick to being Antifa.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Imagine giving a promo the best you can that the audience responds to and really likes and when you get backstage some dude in charge comes over with a smile and a wink and slaps you on the back really hard and says “looks like someone bought himself a one way ticket to Orlando pal!”

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

WWE would have refused to sign Ricky Starks, for looking too good in his match against Cody.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dango Bango posted:

Looking forward to when Retribution breaks into the underground, destroys all the guys down there until only Shane McMahon is left.

And the brave Shane McMahon valiantly defeats all of them single-handedly and saves the WWE.

They climb into the no-ropes-ring one at a time and get knocked out by his Shane Punches in an organized manner

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone must have told Shane he was getting made fun of for "That's good that's good!" because I didn't hear him say it this week

Based on his punches, I'm surprised he didn't double down and say it way more often

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The new XFL owner kicked Raw's rear end for three straight months officially

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1293221022913585152

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Is it really fair to compare broadcast and cable?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Is it really fair to compare broadcast and cable?

WWE does it with Smackdown

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

This:

Is loving insane. I mean, I know it's always been that way and nobody is allowed to truly shine or "grab the brass ring" but to have it spoken so clearly to you has got to be the most maddening thing someone can hear.

The sad part is Hayes might have actually been acting in Armando's best interests

Like I'm not normally inclined to give Hayes the benefit of the doubt, but the fact that he pulled him aside makes me think he was trying to help

As an aside, I'd love Armando to come back as a manager (not with WWE, obviously)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

WWE does it with Smackdown

K, then give’em hell then.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barry Bluejeans posted:

lordy he's just the kind of meathead to get pumped up on adrenaline and create a disaster for himself in the vein of "lesnar almost loving kills himself at wrestlemania 19"

Honestly it's my only fun memory of Lesnar. He had done the move before did it in the main event of Wrestlemania, almost died, and the guy who was already crippled by a neck injury had to save his rear end and finish the match.

That or when he and Goldberg bombed at the next year's Mania. I don't know why people like Brock.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

He should have slammed him, call it a chicken choking slam.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

there's two events next weekend i guess, here are the current cards

NXT Takeover XXX:
A five-way ladder match for the vacant North American title (known participants so far are Bronson Reed and Damian Priest)
Io Shirai defends the women's title against Dakota Kai
Adam Cole vs Pat McAfee

Summerslam:
Seth Rollins vs Dominick
Apollo Crews defends the US title against MVP
Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) defend the Raw tag titles against Andrade and Angel Garza
Sasha Banks defends the Raw women's title against Asuka
Bayley defends the SD women's title
Braun Strowman defends the Universal title against the Fiend
Drew McIntyre defends the WWE title against Randy Orton

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

grim

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Critical posted:

Imagine this being laid out in plain English

"Ok, Dom, the finish is Seth beats the poo poo out of you with a Kendo stick. Thats actually just dried bamboo lashed together and it stings like gently caress. Then he strips you half naked and beats you some more. This will cause bleeding wounds and welts. This will badly hurt and cause you residual soreness for days if not weeks. During that time you are expected to come to work and train and keep your loving mouth shut with not a word of complaint. Capice? Off you tot."

I won't lie. I have enjoyed the brutality in some matches in the past. I loved seeing Orton fall on tacks. But he was a cocky rear end in a top hat and he was doing it to prove himself. Now that I'm much older I realize this is not great. What's the purpose for this current poo poo? Who wants to watch someone who looks like a child get the poo poo beaten out of him?? I guess Vince, but WTF.

I remember Bret Hart saying that doing wrestling should feel like a hard day at work but not being seriously hurt. Now here we are where people are being heavily damaged for what? The audience that cares about Rey's son? Good lord.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NXT loves ladder matches

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How long until WWE is going to have a Bray Wyatt vs. The Fiend match?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Andrast posted:

How long until WWE is going to have a Bray Wyatt vs. The Fiend match?

Luke Gallows as Fake the Fiend

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

NXT loves ladder matches

Nightmare meat grinders all of them.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

NXT loves ladder matches

Uncle Dave game them five gold stars once and they are just loving addicts.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Intruder posted:

Someone must have told Shane he was getting made fun of for "That's good that's good!" because I didn't hear him say it this week

Based on his punches, I'm surprised he didn't double down and say it way more often

This weeks raw was taped last week, so they would have had to edit out his live mic, all in a response to internet trolls. Highly unlikely

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love the ref for the secret underground fight club wearing gloves

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have a bad feeling Summerslam is going to end with a gently caress finish involving retribution because there’s another PPV a week later I think which is also kind of insane

I was willing to give retribution a chance but it’s really cringy the way they wave their arms around and just yell constantly it’s cartoonish and dull.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 11, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have a bad feeling Summerslam is going to end with a gently caress finish involving retribution because there’s another PPV a week later I think which is also kind of insane

I was willing to give retribution a chance but it’s really cringy the way they wave their arms around and just yell constantly it’s cartoonish and dull.

Oh yeah, it's also Payback, isnt it? Payback=Retribution.

Either this is what they're doing or its something dumber and you stumbled into something too clever for them.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I am too lazy to come up with a fifth party so here is my top 4 of who could be behind Retribution:

1. Seth Rollins, because he has this revolutionary undertones to his Monday Night Messiah gimmick and his stable is woefully small, giving him a faction of a million jobbers will surely get him back over.
2. CM Punk, because everybody knows he will be back and him and the New Nexus worked out so well!
3. Shane McMahon, it's all just the Underground assholes doing a thing and Shane is back to feuding with his dad and sister, gently caress you all.
4. Randy Orton, because his segments were affected by Retribution's fidgeting with the lights and it has been a while since Orton had a group of losers at his command, he has been severely underpushed in that regard.

Oh, I thought of #5: The Fiend, because gently caress it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
never forget option #6: hornswoggle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

8PM 1.811mil
9PM 1.754mil
10PM 1.601mil

last week's Raw viewership for the same hours was 1.71, 1.824 and 1.61

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
RAW Underground needs more flaming barrels, broken glass, and "Thorn In Your Eye" played on constant repeat

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Chris James 2 posted:

8PM 1.811mil
9PM 1.754mil
10PM 1.601mil

last week's Raw viewership for the same hours was 1.71, 1.824 and 1.61

Oof that’s brutal

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1293280717535719424?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The demo numbers

Hour 1: .50, 4th place
Hours 2 and 3 both did .46, tied for 6th

Last week's demos were .55, .51, and .48

So basically the "surprise" bump didn't last a week, which we all knew was happening