Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean you're right in that it won't matter because the media will never ask her but 'the standards' are pretty simple, all it takes is one journalist to go 'you said you believed his accusers, why are you his VP then?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Judakel posted:

The statement they just released acknowledged that she was running from her record as a prosecutor.

There will absolutely be Trump ads specifically claiming that a vote for Harris is a vote for anarchy and police abolition.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

Macrame_God posted:

So I'm guessing we can forget about any meaningful law enforcement reform, right (marijuana legalization too)?

I'm still wondering why people think that Kamala's going to become Dick Cheney and not Dan Quayle. She was an obvious pick to try to pander to key voting blocs, not some close personal friend and advisor of Joe Biden.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I think this is a very good post.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

sexpig by night posted:

it's not even 'attacking from the left' to go 'hey your like ONE actual moment of success in the campaign was when you, rightly, called Biden out on his support of literal segregationist policies that directly hurt you. What happened there?'

Considering her answer to that is to do her weird laugh and go 'IT WAS A DEBATE' as if that means anything it's a pretty good attack.

Of course it means something. It shows that Biden and Harris don't hold grudges and are willing to work with each other despite their differences, which squishy liberals like.

Also of note:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1293282782433677312

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

God this sucks.

Trump's campaign team seems too incompetent and/or self-interested in their own respective grifts to really take advantage of this but man it could end up a loving bloodbath. There are very few problems in the US today that Kamala Harris isn't negatively associated with.

Too bad Biden's campaign is too scared of Birtherism 2.0 to go with Duckworth, but pound for pound this probably maximizes his chances of a runaway victory - assuming any of us can vote by November.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Macrame_God posted:

So I'm guessing we can forget about any meaningful law enforcement reform, right (marijuana legalization too)?

Harris has cosponsored bills on de scheduling marijuana (including Cory Booker's MORE act) so...

But as pointed out Biden's the one who's anti-weed.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Lol this is such a disaster of a pick!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

spunkshui posted:

Dont vote for the fake leftist, shes too far left.

Also she might try to give you Bennie's healthcare during a pandemic.

....Someone got paid for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvT2r828QY

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jewel Repetition posted:

No, idiot. It's funny that she's running on a ticket with someone she's gone on record saying is a sexual assaulter.

Unwanted touching is not sexual assault. It's actually one of the reasons why I, as a woman, would like to see some of the older and more clear terminology employed. Biden himself admitted that his standards for personal space and touching needed to change, but that is not the same as saying her saying that he is guilty of or admitted guilt for rape.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Judakel posted:

He doesn't have to attack from the left. His campaign does. He has to speak to his base. His campaign has to depress turnout in key demos like latinos and young black voters. This pick makes that very likely.

This does not matter. This is for his base.

He doesn't even need his campaign to do it, Greenwald will do it for him and they need merely retweet. I don't think anyone in the Trump campaign is literate to leftist thought.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Least surprising pick ever, but still disappointing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

sexpig by night posted:

it's not even 'attacking from the left' to go 'hey your like ONE actual moment of success in the campaign was when you, rightly, called Biden out on his support of literal segregationist policies that directly hurt you. What happened there?'

Considering her answer to that is to do her weird laugh and go 'IT WAS A DEBATE' as if that means anything it's a pretty good attack.

That defense makes sense from her POV because she's an even bigger bullshitter at debates than most politicians. Check out what she does any time anyone asks about her record.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Harris has cosponsored bills on de scheduling marijuana (including Cory Booker's MORE act) so...

But as pointed out Biden's the one who's anti-weed.

Considering how she backed off on (correctly) calling him a segregationist I think she’ll fall into line on this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LinYutang posted:

Of course it means something. It shows that Biden and Harris don't hold grudges and are willing to work with each other despite their differences, which squishy liberals like.

Also of note:

do you think viewing you as less than human is worth 'holding a grudge over'?

Also I like including Biden there, how magnanimous of him to not hold a grudge against the uppity lady who pointed out his history and direct harm he caused to countless people like her

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Trump campaign is making Kamala sound really awesome tbh

"She supports government takeover of healthcare!" "She wants to cut police funding!" Hell yeah let's do it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1293293595055861765

Big boy wants more attention

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Youth Decay posted:

The VP doesn't have that much influence on policy unless they're at a Dick Cheney level of control over an evil empire.

I know that. I was hoping that maybe he'd signal a willingness to cater to progressives with his pick. I'm getting real sick and tired of having to choose between crypto fascism and preserving the status quo. :sigh:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Someone literally said this would happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

Unwanted touching is not sexual assault. It's actually one of the reasons why I, as a woman, would like to see some of the older and more clear terminology employed. Biden himself admitted that his standards for personal space and touching needed to change, but that is not the same as saying her saying that he is guilty of or admitted guilt for rape.
the older and more clear terminology that makes sexual assault okay (also unwanted touching is sexual assault)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So genuine question, how bad can Kharris be if she votes with Bernie 93% of the time?

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/members/H001075-kamala-harris/compare-votes/S000033-bernard-sanders/115

Or is that a misleading statistic?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I don't know if this is a serious post but anyone he picked would have been a class traitor by D&D's definition lol

People who insisted they would never vote for Biden are suddenly extremely disappointed in his VP choice

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I will not enjoy.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Xombie posted:

Spoiler alert: the record they are talking about are not the things you think are bad.

They absolutely are, and you can tell that is the implication from the context. They claim she embraced anti-police ideas so as to obfuscate her record as a prosecutor. I have no idea how you're this obnoxious when you clearly can't even read.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

LinYutang posted:

Also of note:

She correctly called him out on being a segregationist and scampered away from it the next day, she has a spine of wet sand.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McCloud posted:

So genuine question, how bad can Kharris be if she votes with Bernie 93% of the time?

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/members/H001075-kamala-harris/compare-votes/S000033-bernard-sanders/115

It's slightly misleading in that she was actually further left than Bernie on the remaining 7%.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

The VP doesn't have that much influence on policy unless they're at a Dick Cheney level of control over an evil empire.

Or if the president is mentally incompetent, like Reagan, or Dubya, or Biden.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
This pick really changes nothing about anything. It won't change policy or affect the race. Trump is too stupid to exploit any theoretical downsides and his "campaign" is just moron rear end kissers now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

McCloud posted:

it does not excuse the many, many awful things she did as a prosecutor

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

No I will not enjoy.

over/under how many weeks till he uses a racial epithet to refer to Harris? I say 0.5

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

sean10mm posted:

This pick really changes nothing about anything. It won't change policy or affect the race. Trump is too stupid to exploit any theoretical downsides and his "campaign" is just moron rear end kissers now.

Plus anybody who was paying attention already knew it'd be Harris.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Youth Decay posted:

Trump campaign is making Kamala sound really awesome tbh

"She supports government takeover of healthcare!" "She wants to cut police funding!" Hell yeah let's do it.

But online leftists say she’s a cop :magemage:

I wonder how much Trump’s stupidity and bad messaging will now push people towards Kamala.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Killer robot posted:

There will absolutely be Trump ads specifically claiming that a vote for Harris is a vote for anarchy and police abolition.

Of course. But there will also be micro-targeted ads based on the flip side of that coin. Not sure how much help people will need on that, though. People know who Kamala is. That CNN focus group where a bunch of black voters stated that they did not like her was a dagger. Clearly Biden is convinced that he has the Black vote on lock.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pick posted:

No, I’d say it is.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Harris was always the establishment's choice, her politics and policies proved about as endearing to the Democratic base as Joe Biden's had in his previous attempts at the nomination (or for 90% of this primary season), but she's a very safe choice unlikely to upset the election trajectory Biden is currently on. Tactically Rice would have been so much worse of a choice.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Youth Decay posted:

No I will not enjoy.

over/under how many weeks till he uses a racial epithet to refer to Harris? I say 0.5

This press conference will absolutely be racist.

No one has preped baby boy he wants to run right on stage and yell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Judakel posted:

Of course. But there will also be micro-targeted ads based on the flip side of that coin. Not sure how much help people will need on that, though. People know who Kamala is. That CNN focus group where a bunch of black voters stated that they did not like her was a dagger. Clearly Biden is convinced that he has the Black vote on lock.

https://twitter.com/BLACKMESSlAH/status/1293292961623683079

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

But online leftists say she’s a cop :magemage:

I wonder how much Trump’s stupidity and bad messaging will now push people towards Kamala.

She is a cop though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

Plus anybody who was paying attention already knew it'd be Harris.

Duckworth and Rice (who may or may not get cabinet positions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gernalissim posted:

Unwanted touching is not sexual assault

:abuela: disagrees.