Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Battletech is basically Game of Thrones in the far future but with giant robots instead of knights and dragons. It absolutely whips rear end. Here is a thread of incredible Battletech art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing
One of these things is not like the others

edit: tag yourself I'm RABID FAN

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Our own Xarbala drew this and it was partially responsible for him getting a gig doing official art.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
tbh I'm disappointed nobody has ever threaded the needle and made a mech with huge hair and shoulderpads

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jim Long-un posted:

tbh I'm disappointed nobody has ever threaded the needle and made a mech with huge hair and shoulderpads

Sorry, you rang?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Taintrunner posted:

incredible Battletech art

Taintrunner posted:

Battletech art

I'm calling the cops

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Defiance Industries posted:

Sorry, you rang?

I'm diggin the q-tip arm

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I'm calling the cops

I'm sorry sir, this is a Harmony Gold free thread, their lawyers have no power here.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

LeadSled posted:

I'm sorry sir, this is a Harmony Gold free thread, their lawyers have no power here.

Their lawyers no longer have any power regarding Battletech, technically.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
https://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-dougram-boardgames-part-1.html
Harmony Gold got their rights in a weird way just like FASA kinda did. Except nobody but me and a bunch of 80s wargame type gross care about Dougram so it gets away with being in Battletech a bit more.

Tell me that's not rad. Characters from the show chibid up playing the game. :3 and the little mirrored los periscopes have little cockpit stickers so it kinda looks like you are in your chunky early 80s mecha!

https://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-dougram-boardgames-part-2.html sadly I didn't share as much sweet Dougram pics in part 2.

Ps the Griffin aka Soltic Roundfacer is one of my favorite mechs. Keep your Zakus. I love that little bubble cockpit sob.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 10, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Reseen were hit and miss, but the Reseen Griffin is my favorite kind of Griffin.

Just look at those majestic fuckers hanging out with Archon Peter. And when you need to tune them up you can just walk them out of the Triad through giant mech-sized double doors.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

How is this masterpiece not in the OP

It even got a HD remake in MW5

Anyway...

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I think these pics capture the spirit of battletech really well.

Bursting through a wall like the kool-aid man with guns blazing.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hey I know the guy who drew this one

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I originally had these in the PYF fanart thread:

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I still have this, I think I made this one but I'm sure it's been floating around before then.

Similar

Here's some more I have

I also gathered all of these meme mech pose art from Bradigus posted in the BT Art Discord that anyone in this thread should join.

Meme Mech Gallery

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
my intro to Battletech was through Mechwarrior 2, so forevermore the big mech with the b-29 nose and the two giant shoulder-boxes full of missiles will be known to me as a Timber Wolf

anyway so as to contribute art here is a hilarious Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyCsu0QRO0

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I'm calling the cops

lmbo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I'm gonna be honest and say I don't know much about the lore, I've just loved playing the video games and the look of the mechs ever since I was a kid. I need to sit down and read it/watch a video sometime. I'm intrigued by the table top game as well.

Anyway art:

Bonus cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eohZZt2_r9c

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Spoilered for NSFW Kickin rad SPACE BABE ACTION

this is NOT fan art. That is Natasha Kerensky

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Polaron posted:

I originally had these in the PYF fanart thread:

Brutal Punch isn't fanart, it's official work. Still good stuff though.

This, on the other hand? Best mech ever, and if you don't agree?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Someone post kentaro_swagger.jpg

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

These guys not really thrilled about this battle.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Defiance Industries posted:

Brutal Punch isn't fanart, it's official work. Still good stuff though.

Really? Huh. I've only ever encountered it online labeled as fanart.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

https://www.categoryonegames.com/catalog/battletech_ccg-commanders_edition/brutal_punch/1559481

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

I don't think I've ever seen better visual shorthand for the horrors of a dystopian future than the need for liquid cooled boobs.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

smooth jazz posted:

These guys not really thrilled about this battle.

"Ugh FINE, I'll fire my lasers."

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Frankenstyle posted:

I don't think I've ever seen better visual shorthand for the horrors of a dystopian future than the need for liquid cooled boobs.

Maybe it’s a breast heat powered laser

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Maybe it’s a breast heat powered laser

Well now I have hope for the future!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Battletech art of humans ranges from decent to...............um ok. I've always loved this one though; this scenario is as effectively buried as the one novel where they find aliens, because it's a little too far from the rationalverse that most BT fans enjoy. A Star League jumpship gets lost midjump for a couple of centuries.

Speaking of which, here's the exact moment where things went to poo poo for the Star League-in-Exile

I always thought the King Crab in its original incarnation looked dorky as poo poo.

But, they redid the model (I think for MWO) and I am a huge fan of it now. The right amount of bipedal but alien, without being as cartoonish and stupid as some of the new Clan totem mechs.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Pretty cool that despite having to build a society from scratch in deep space and also have a bunch of internal conflict the clans not only maintained their technological advantage, actually advanced beyond the successor states.

And by pretty cool, I mean a bunch of loving bullshit

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Pretty cool that despite having to build a society from scratch in deep space and also have a bunch of internal conflict the clans not only maintained their technological advantage, actually advanced beyond the successor states.

And by pretty cool, I mean a bunch of loving bullshit

The writers agree with you on that, which is why they've really walked back how much of that is an actual product of the Clans. The gear we know as "Clan technology" is basically all just stuff that was in the prototyping phase when the SLDF left the Inner Sphere and they then put a finishing touch on to get to full production. That's why they go from 2850 to 3050 without any real technological advances, they got to the end of their crib sheet.

GD_American posted:

Speaking of which, here's the exact moment where things went to poo poo for the Star League-in-Exile

This isn't a picture of Kerensky promoting his insane son straight to Major General though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everything about the Clans is dumb as gently caress

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RBA Starblade posted:

They have the coolest looking mechs, which, frankly, is all that actually matters.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

All the "cool" Clan mechs are just kitbashes of mechs that were already in the game, the rest are just square boxes or the stupidest looking animals ever. But they do have the technology to model a horse actively making GBS threads.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Someone post kentaro_swagger.jpg

EDIT: The more I stare at this the less sense it makes. WTF is going on with the left arm? Where did the back of the LL calf go? Why is the second RA ML just floating there or maybe mounted on top of the lower one instead of laying on the forearm?

I hate the bulk of the 3055-3058 TRO art. Some diamonds in the rough, but a lot of them are just bad like this KTO.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

RBA Starblade posted:

This is why they're the best part of battletech