Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cabbit posted:

Somebody mentioned Urianger talking about some stuff back on the Source-- where is that? Where's he hiding out at.

Inside the Rising Stones in the sick room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Onmi posted:

Inside the Rising Stones in the sick room

Oh poo poo I didn't realize you could head back in there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know, I feel vindicated that I chose Azeyma as my deity all that time ago when starting the game, makes me feel like the real protagonist

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Onmi posted:

Hey, so how many data files did folks find in the Nier Raid Part 2. Because I found 9.

I found 11 myself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, I feel vindicated that I chose Azeyma as my deity all that time ago when starting the game, makes me feel like the real protagonist

:yeah:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
So a thought I had...

In FF12, the dictionary entry for Zodiark mentioned that he was deliberately kept a child because of his immense power; in FF14, Elidibus, the name associated with Zodiark, was implied to have been a child at the end of the msq. Did the Convocation take a gifted child and raise him (possibly also train him for it?) up for the sole purpose of being Zodiark's heart? Because, uh...

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Will post more tomorrow probably because im really tired right now, but I cannot believe how well they stuck the landing in 5.3 because I felt like 5.1 and 5.2 were meandering wheel spinning. That everything done in those 2 patches got paid off in this one is wild. Just incredible, the best patch they've ever released.

Oh also gently caress Urianger! As soon as he said hey go take this to Seto I knew I was hosed and I was right.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Melomane Mallet posted:

So a thought I had...

In FF12, the dictionary entry for Zodiark mentioned that he was deliberately kept a child because of his immense power; in FF14, Elidibus, the name associated with Zodiark, was implied to have been a child at the end of the msq. Did the Convocation take a gifted child and raise him (possibly also train him for it?) up for the sole purpose of being Zodiark's heart? Because, uh...

i think they just made the model relatively tiny because its impossible to make a 10 meter tall dude look sad and vulnerable

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Melomane Mallet posted:

So a thought I had...

I doubt it. I think the child form at the end was merely symbolic if anything, and not indicative of Elidibus at the time Zodiark was summoned. And I don't think Elidibus's name is associated with Zodiark any more than any other convocation member.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Eopia posted:

I found 11 myself.

I only found 10.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That Seto bit is emotional violence

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Nibble posted:

Maybe I’m overthinking things, but are we totally sure Elidibus is gone forever? We previously trapped Ascian souls in white auracite to hold them, but then still had to destroy them. G’raha used the Tower itself as if it were auracite, he says, but wouldn’t that mean Elidibus is still in there somewhere? Or is it different because he was a primal and not really his original self?

Elidibus is absolutely 1000% scrambled beyond hope of recovery. He is just free, incoherent aether floating in the tower now, and the tower had no way of recording what was left of his memory (unlike the modified auracites your buddies made). An Ascian consigned to auracite is a Dead Motherfucker.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm... I'm thinking about the NieR raid and what was it that would make Yoko Taro say "If we die, we die"?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think Final Fantasy 14 might own, friends.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm... I'm thinking about the NieR raid and what was it that would make Yoko Taro say "If we die, we die"?

No railings on the first boss? I know we had two deaths in my party alone before we even pulled on my first run.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
With all the crystals collected in Amaurot, my immediate thought was that "Ascian" is going to be a job for the next expansion somehow.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol that they gave the G-Warrior Trans-Am and a fin funnel barrier. They really went all in with this one.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Screenshot posting, yes yes?

Also with the actual outfit I wore when playing the story.

Also flew around a bit before the dungeon to get this screenshot

One more costume change

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the little apothecary girl in the crystarium is going to grow up to be an atelier protagonist

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol I just realized this was here

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm a dumb dumb and just realized Elidibus was doing all the moves from the classes during the trial.

Brilliant

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I am concerned by how easily Graha decided to Rand Al'thor his past self but it all worked out in the end so lets not question it any further

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Groggy nard posted:

I am concerned by how easily Graha decided to Rand Al'thor his past self but it all worked out in the end so lets not question it any further

Exarch!G'raha: "Hey Young Me you wanna fuse and become a timeless-yet-young-savior-of-nations-and-worlds?"
Young!G'raha: "Ballin."

To be fair it worked out pretty good with Ardbert too, and Ardbert may not even be the same gender or species as your WoL.

Jetrauben fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 12, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Never talk to me or my crystal catboyfriend ever again.

Also if you talk to him after completing the final quest you can show him minion exarch and get a cute lil cutscene.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I can't believe Runar got cucked by entire dimension.

This whole patch is rough, Seto, Runar, Konogg's "I'm not used to being alone" followed by a hard mission end.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How do you read the logs you find in Nier raids? I've forgotten.

On a related note, Okabe brought his A-game for the music. I don't know what he mixed The Maker's Ruin with, but it was rad.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Groggy nard posted:

Well admittedly it's not like Current_G'raha had a separate life or anything, he's just been in stasis since the whole time since the crystal tower raid quests. Until then he lived the exact same life as Exarch_G'raha's so all that really happened was getting those memories without having to actually wait a few post-apocalyptic centuries. It's definitely a... weird situation but it's not like anything was actually lost or overwritten in the process.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want to MARRY G'raha Tia!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

How do you read the logs you find in Nier raids? I've forgotten.

On a related note, Okabe brought his A-game for the music. I don't know what he mixed The Maker's Ruin with, but it was rad.
In the in-game main menu, you want the Duty submenu and the Collection option.

Also, the song's a mashup of Torn from the Heavens and The Dark Colossus Destroys All https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUfkJrt4dLI.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/VFKZytn.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/FC0Glp2.mp4

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone found Ryne after 5.3 ends? Beq Lugg is in the cabinet of curiosity and obviously all the Scions are in Mor Dhona, but I can't find Ryne to talk to. I checked around Eden just in case but she's not back there. I guess she's probably somewhere in the Crystarium but it's a big place with lots of slow loading NPCs right now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Incredible patch for Big Hats, wol looking down and then dramatically raising their head a whole lot

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

This bit was incredible as well

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
G’raha Tia now officially has a thirst for the WoL that is even more powerful than Harchefaunt or Aymeric.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Terper posted:

I want to MARRY G'raha Tia!!

this is a compelling point.... request granted. he is now the canon WoL-wife.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rand Brittain posted:

G’raha Tia now officially has a thirst for the WoL that is even more powerful than Harchefaunt or Aymeric.

I do wish that we had a female character who was thirsty for the WoL who was not a teenager.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
At this point I think it might be a good time to bite down on that and just put romance paths in the next expansion, since the main story is coming to an end.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

At this point I think it might be a good time to bite down on that and just put romance paths in the next expansion, since the main story is coming to an end.

Oh god. It took me forever to pick a side for the Neir stuff (and that seems inconsequential?) don't make me chose who to partner my WoL with, it's too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
I just wanna point out that the x.3 patches are where poo poo has traditionally gotten good. 3.3 was Nidhogg and the end of the Dragonsong War, 4.3 was Tsukuyomi and a close to the Doma storyline, and now 5.3 ends the major arc of the Ascian plotline that stretches back to ARR. now we start the lead-up to the next expansion, and I'm happy to say I have no idea where this poo poo was going, and although I wish it had a different vehicle than Zenos yeet Galvus AKA Mr. 2kool 4skool himself, this game has never truly disappointed me in the seven years I've been playing it so it'd be weirder if it started now.

also, there's something delicious about Asahi, Doma's Wettest Blanket, being resurrected as an even more insipid pricklord. the part where he summons a literal giant pile of money apropos of nothing and starts capering around squealing MONEY BAHAHAHAHA MONEY....MONEY!!!!!!! had me laughing my rear end off, as did the end of the scene with Zenos dramatically slicing one of the abandoned coins in half to punctuate his edgelord monologue

Salacious Spy fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 12, 2020