Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Dysgenesis posted:

Same. Never seen so much lightning. My daughter watched it for a while with me. My son slept all the way through it.

Got up at 5 because I could sleep to find out I've tested positive for Covid (I'm a health care worker).

Jesus, stay safe please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ratjaculation posted:

What did you do corn

Not much really. Lost my license initially cuz too many points from speeding and then kept driving and kept getting stopped :shrug:

Then in 2007 I said gently caress ur driving ban and moved to the UK

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

we got lightning but no rain :negative:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

we got lightning but no rain :negative:

If it makes you feel better we had epic rain but my idiot self forgot to close the car's door last night.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Rondette posted:

If it makes you feel better we had epic rain but my idiot self forgot to close the car's door last night.

It's surprising how many ways there are to spot people who didn't grow up on rough estates :laugh:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
maybe they were just the toughest person on the estate and noone dared mess with their wheels? I can certainly relate

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
there is nobody that hard on SA

*speaks into dictaphone* idea for a new ross kemp documentary

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Dysgenesis posted:

Same. Never seen so much lightning. My daughter watched it for a while with me. My son slept all the way through it.

Got up at 5 because I could sleep to find out I've tested positive for Covid (I'm a health care worker).

thank god I anti-bac my keyboard

get well soon

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

It's surprising how many ways there are to spot people who didn't grow up on rough estates :laugh:

Haha! It's more that we park our car round the back of our house which is not easy to get to if you don't know how to get to it. My kid has a habit of liking to sit in the car for a bit after we have gone out so I leave the door open for him. And I forgot to shut it. I think it will be ok but I felt like a right prick this morning.

In happier news i just got contacted by a PROPER magazine who want to run a fluff piece on all the money I've raised making face masks. Thanks to the good goons here who donated. :3:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

its reet mafting

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

It's bally well baking

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

In the years 2005-2007 I was a dumb teenager cultivating an interest in British poo poo via imported NMEs that cost like 10 Canadian fun bux an issue.

Now I live in a country where everyone makes fun of the way I say margarine and I still can't tell which scathing remarks are actually intended as friendly banter

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

in 2007 i joined SA to read edgy threads

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

womb with a view posted:

In the years 2005-2007 I was a dumb teenager cultivating an interest in British poo poo via imported NMEs that cost like 10 Canadian fun bux an issue.

Now I live in a country where everyone makes fun of the way I say margarine and I still can't tell which scathing remarks are actually intended as friendly banter

If the scathing remarks are about the way you say margarine than they're definitely not friendly banter

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's supposed to hit 32C in Bristol today, so I've gone into the office to enjoy the air con.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Ratjaculation posted:

in 2007 i joined SA to read edgy threads

I joined in 07 because of some random clicks directing me to Jerusalem's freshly started "A Scotsman in Egypt Total War Medieval 2 LP". That format back then blew my mind and I wanted to read more.

13 years ago, how time flies by :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i remember that lp, it was really good

scotland had a bafflingly good unit roster in MTW2; longbows and powerful knights and infantry. and pikes, iirc

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Yep that LP was boss, probably up there with boat murdered

Stay safe covid goon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
In 2007 I went to Canada for the second (and so far last) time and was seriously thinking about moving there.

Dr Who - Love and monsters - the answer is this:

Blue Peter (the kids show) had a design-a-monster competition and the winner got made into an episode. It was literally designed by a child.
It's a terrible kids show that I stopped watching not long after Capaldi took over.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

posting on the maddy page

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Also the episode is mostly dedicated to a series of in-jokes dunking on an obsessive and terrible uber-fan who tried to self-fund a bunch of his own fanfic episodes after OldWho shut down, and regardless of the episode's quality as a piece of entertainment I have to respect the dedication to getting your burns broadcast on prime-time disguised as a piece of family TV.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Dr Who is bad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mar jerrin? Maerjaryne? Morg arinae?

How do you say margarine in a way that is plausible and not also a way someone in some part of the UK says it?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

goatface posted:

How do you say margarine in a way that is plausible and not also a way someone in some part of the UK says it?
hi im bam margerin and this is the weird pronunciation

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

goatface posted:

I'm assuming it's MAHjorine rather than mahjorINE, but I hope it's more interesting.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

goatface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn7Efd0OUY

It's because I say it like that instead of marjereen. Tell me where they pronounce it mar jerrin so I can go live free of this oppression!!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

butter for commoners

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

womb with a view posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn7Efd0OUY

It's because I say it like that instead of marjereen. Tell me where they pronounce it mar jerrin so I can go live free of this oppression!!

America, a country famed for its ability to pronounce words correctly.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Dysgenesis posted:

poo poo, that really sucks Get well soon, thread goon :ohdear:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

crispix posted:

there is nobody that hard on SA

*speaks into dictaphone* idea for a new ross kemp documentary

Nah, we need that Phil Mitchell bloke to run a contest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDoPvr3VT4

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Today I will mostly be looking at bum probes.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

We had tons of rain, and a resulting bad train crash.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

goatface posted:

Today I will mostly be looking at bum probes.

you shopping for a new toy, op?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
More of a recovery tool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rondette posted:

Haha! It's more that we park our car round the back of our house which is not easy to get to if you don't know how to get to it. My kid has a habit of liking to sit in the car for a bit after we have gone out so I leave the door open for him. And I forgot to shut it. I think it will be ok but I felt like a right prick this morning.

In happier news i just got contacted by a PROPER magazine who want to run a fluff piece on all the money I've raised making face masks. Thanks to the good goons here who donated. :3:

I hope you tell them that I'm smart and handsome and a good mod

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

:siren: i am doing my ma application oh god oh god

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

is lying on a creative writing application not surely seen as a positive?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

2007 was a weird year, passed my full bike license, had a horrible bike crash, got together with my now wife for the first time, broke up with her a couple months later. Got fired from an airport cafe for setting fire to my flat and getting acute carbon monoxide poisoning while drunk so couldn't come into work and was apparently a breach of my temp contract.
Moved back in with my dad, had a fight with my younger brother and moved out again.

Good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just tell them you write better sex scenes than Melvyn Bragg and Alan Titchmarsh put together.