Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
With all the restaurant specific threads and the recent threads about nuggets and tenders, I think it's time we had a thread about the joys of fast food sauces. Best sauces, worst sauces, what sauces work best with a different restaurants food. Doesn't have to be sauces specifically for nuggets/tenders either. Here are some of my personal favorites.

McDonald's has the Hot Mustard sauce, though I've heard you can't get this at all McD's any more. If you ever get a chance, try it with Wendy's nuggets. Works really well. Another favorite is the Arby's Bronco Berry sauce, it's basically the secret to making their Jalapeno poppers edible, it masks how dire the cream cheese is. Wendy's has a pretty good Ranch, though I only get it with the spicy nuggets. Finally, Burger King has Zesty sauce. It's some variety of Horseradish sauce, but it makes their onion rings taste amazing.

edit: Almost forgot, there's also Cane's sauce at Raisin' Canes. Along with the Garlic Bread they're the only two actually good things in the loving joint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
My two recommendations:

KFC's FLG sauce (Finger licking good sauce). It's the same secret herbs and spices used in the original recipe chicken, but in a sauce. It's really good on tenders or leftover KFC chicken.

Chick-Fila's Polynesian sauce. It's really sweet and sticky but it's amazing to use on some of your nuggets.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

We do have a sauce thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924120

You're welcome OP

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Mcdonald's sweet and sour sauce is the best sauce, I always get like 20 extra packets to use on better chicken.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Big mac sauce by itself has moved a trillion dollars worth of bun and burger.

Its the cal ripken jr of sauces.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
They all suck OP

----------------

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
In terms of cross restaurant use Del Taco's "Hot" is miles ahead of TB's Fire and Diablo in terms of taste and works well on all of their items too.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Rankings

1) chick fil a sauce
2) Polynesian sauce (chick fil a)
3) sweet & sour (McDonalds)
4) sweet & sour (Wendy's)

the rest are all sub top-10 tier

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I know Nando's doesn't count as fast food but their sauces are dope and I always keep a bottle of their Hot in the fridge

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Honey mustard at KFC/Wendy's, sweet & sour at McDonald's, blackened ranch at Popeyes

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
canadian mcdonalds BBQ sauce is not as good as it used to be but still miles better than the american stuff.

in university i was too poor to eat at mcdonalds all the time and i had the pallet of a donkey so I'd buy 20 dollars of BBQ sauce at a time from them and use them for dipping Jane's nuggets in

those were some sad times in my life I'm not going to lie

----------------

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
The best sauce for nuggets was McDonald's real honey. Haven't seen it in awhile, I assume it's gone forever.

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Wendy's not only has the best nugs but the best BBQ and honey mustard sauces.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
These days I have a bottle of Macayo sauce that I put on a lot of different fast food items. The Macayos here closed like 10 years ago but I'm glad their sauce is still available.

tetsuo posted:

In terms of cross restaurant use Del Taco's "Hot" is miles ahead of TB's Fire and Diablo in terms of taste and works well on all of their items too.

I am embarrassed to order it, but I really like their mild sauce. It is very tasty. Their hot sauce isn't too hot for me, I just like their mild sauce a lot more.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pretty good posted:

I know Nando's doesn't count as fast food but their sauces are dope and I always keep a bottle of their Hot in the fridge

Nando's doesn't exist on the West Coast (except for Vancouver apparently?), but thank christ they started selling the sauce here a couple years ago.

Also:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Rick posted:

These days I have a bottle of Macayo sauce that I put on a lot of different fast food items. The Macayos here closed like 10 years ago but I'm glad their sauce is still available.

I am embarrassed to order it, but I really like their mild sauce. It is very tasty. Their hot sauce isn't too hot for me, I just like their mild sauce a lot more.
their sauce game is good all around for sure.

relatedly I ate chipotle today and was reminded at just how absolutely garbage all of their salsa options are.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

I was distraught when the Taco Bell Fire-Roasted hot sauce was discontinued. The verde sauce got to stay, and I can’t fathom people actively eating that flavorless glop.

There’s a chain called Los Taquitos that has an amazing red sauce. It’s smoky and peppery, and has a slow-burn heat that is just perfect. Before the ‘rona, they used to put it out in squeeze bottles, and I have often considered just stealing an entire bottle of it to use. I’ll take 4-5 sauce cups of it to go, though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

tetsuo posted:

their sauce game is good all around for sure.

relatedly I ate chipotle today and was reminded at just how absolutely garbage all of their salsa options are.

Yeah I've started just ordering their burritos dry and adding my own sauce.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

Nando's doesn't exist on the West Coast (except for Vancouver apparently?), but thank christ they started selling the sauce here a couple years ago.

Also:

The Peri Peri sauce is heavenly brothers.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
In the good old days before they switched to packets Arby's had squeeze bottles of horsey sauce on every table. Used to steal them constantly and put that poo poo on practically anything. Probably why they switched to packets.

----------------

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

Every time i end up going to California, i contemplate how many extra hours it would take to drive to san jose for this stuff

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fartington Butts posted:

Also:

Woah I thought Nando's was UK only. Huess I'm getting cheeky on my next Vancouver trip!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Honey mustard at KFC/Wendy's, sweet & sour at McDonald's, blackened ranch at Popeyes

I really dig the McDonald's honey mustard. Is the Wendy's one much better than it?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's hard to say it's better, it's different than the McD's. Pretty good though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My sauce story: I went to McDonalds in the drive-thru, when I asked what sauce I would like with my nuggets, I replied "can I get one barbecue, and one signature sauce?" There was a long pause. Then a completely different voice came over the intercom and said, "sir . . . . we are prepared to give you all the sauces you need. Please pull forward." I did, the manager was behind the worker at the first window and looked like he was afraid of me. I paid and went to the next window. When I opened my bag, I had one of each sauce in there.

Then I remembered it had only been a couple of weeks since the Szechuan Sauce riots and he clearly thought I was going to bring a sauce riot to his local McDonalds. That wasn't one of the sauces in the bag because they had already ran out and I didn't even think of it when ordering, I just wanted to try the new Signature sauce.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Rick posted:

I just wanted to try the new Signature sauce.

You can't leave us hanging like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I thought it went really well with the crispy tenders and fries and it became my go to with tenders for a while. It didn't quite go as well with nuggets. All the same, I was sad when they discontinued it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rick posted:

drat, haven't heard that name in a long time. i didn't know they made it out of the phoenix area

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

carry on then posted:

drat, haven't heard that name in a long time. i didn't know they made it out of the phoenix area

I felt dumb when I took a friend to one as a "local" spot once and later learned they are a phoenix chain that still has locations in multiple states.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

yikes! posted:

I really dig the McDonald's honey mustard. Is the Wendy's one much better than it?

Q_res posted:

It's hard to say it's better, it's different than the McD's. Pretty good though.

Iirc McD's honey mustard is sweeter and less thick than Wendy's. Not what I look for in honey mustard.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

whataburger honey mustard is real good, it's worth the 35 cents or whatever for a tub of it

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Because for reasons maybe insecure with my masculinity, when the Taco Bell person asks "Which sauce?" I ALWAYS respond "LEMME GET DAT FIYAAA" aka fire sauce. I don't like it to be honest, but i still, always want "THAT FIYA."

----------------

Xaesar
Aug 28, 2020
Red Robin has a spicy ketchup and campfire(ranch+bbq) is also good. Free unlimited sauce for to-go. And you can get their tavern burger with extra fries for $6-7 depending on if they have a promo. So a very good lesser known option out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah agreed, the Red Robin pepper ketchup is really good. Although via Doordash, they charge you a buck for it. Either a bad thing or a good thing if you're trying to get to an order minimum for cheaper delivery.