Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

It’s just crazy to me that this is his list of scum when apart from the Sci stuff he’s barely mentioned these people as scummy.

That also came at the end of a post where he said he was suspicious of early votes on spoonsy which at least in my case I never voted spoonsy at all. Not that his whole list has to be people that voted spoonsy, it just is a little off-putting that he doesn't mention me otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Do you think he switched alignments last night or something? Otherwise I'm not sure what that means.

No I’m saying he’s changed his play style since he got heat for it day 1

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

That also came at the end of a post where he said he was suspicious of early votes on spoonsy which at least in my case I never voted spoonsy at all. Not that his whole list has to be people that voted spoonsy, it just is a little off-putting that he doesn't mention me otherwise

He also mentioned those people while voting me lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

No I’m saying he’s changed his play style since he got heat for it day 1

Oh, ok that's not a bad point then.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
If any of you that have played with me before think I'm trying to run a gambit you all don't know me very well

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If any of you so much as hint that I might be running a gambit then by golly I just don’t know who you are any more!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

If any of you that have played with me before think I'm trying to run a gambit you all don't know me very well

Ok, I’ll bite. I honestly can’t recall if we played together before. Why is it so obvious that you aren’t running a gambit?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

tpink posted:

Ok, I’ll bite. I honestly can’t recall if we played together before. Why is it so obvious that you aren’t running a gambit?

Because I never do them. I'm a bad liar.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Because I never do them. I'm a bad liar.

You lied to me in temple mafia you liar

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This is dumb. The case against Sal is NOT that he’s running some sort of gambit, that was just a throwaway line about how I wouldn’t put it past Sal and JC as scum. The case is based on the bad posting around Spoons and the pushing of Tpink with demonstrably forced reasoning.

This blatant misrepresentation of why the thread thinks he’s scum is Sal’s way of trying to make the case look weaker than it is by taking a small comment and making out that it’s a central and important strand of the case.

##Vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
At this point I'm pretty sure that town is just passively sitting by and letting scum run the game. So like maybe if town people want to step up after I flip town that would be pretty cool. Again this is why I'm pretty happy with my vote as is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure that town is just passively sitting by and letting scum run the game. So like maybe if town people want to step up after I flip town that would be pretty cool. Again this is why I'm pretty happy with my vote as is.

I still don’t feel you’ve made any salient case on Hum yet though really

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

So you feel like scum are the ones putting in effort, yet your case on Hum is that he isn't putting in any work?

SalTheBard posted:

Hum said "I want to vote Sal" then when that didn't gain any traction he just swapped his vote to Spoonsy with little justification. I think if Hum had put in even the most basic work he probably could've gotten me cuddled yesterday, but instead he went with the easy vote.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

kind of where i'm at tbh.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hums case on me:

"Hmmmm Sal sure is acting strange!"

Everyone else:

"GREAT CASE"

My case on Hum

"Hmmm Hum sure is acting strange!"

Everyone else:

"What a weak loving case."

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

Hums case on me:

"Hmmmm Sal sure is acting strange!"

Everyone else:

"GREAT CASE"

My case on Hum

"Hmmm Hum sure is acting strange!"

Everyone else:

"What a weak loving case."

Again, this is simply not a reasonable representation of reality: I don’t care about Hum’s case, I’ve pointed out behaviour that I think is scummy and shown my working. tpink has pointed to behaviour that is unrelated to anything Hum has said. Neither of us have really referred to Hum’s case at all.

It’s also massively over defensive. “Everyone else” makes it sound like your execution is an inevitability and we’re ten minutes from deadline. You have a grand total of three votes and there’s two days to go.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That’s not at all what’s happening lol

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure that town is just passively sitting by and letting scum run the game. So like maybe if town people want to step up after I flip town that would be pretty cool.

Very pro-town move to just collapse under a bit of pressure and throw up your hands and say “well, town should try harder!”

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

tpink posted:

Very pro-town move to just collapse under a bit of pressure and throw up your hands and say “well, town should try harder!”

I'm not collapsing under a bit of pressure?? I'm saying that since Scum is going to control the narrative of this game and get me cuddled that when I flip town town should use that evidence to maybe possibly try to win the game?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sal, this does look like floundering. You’re not pointing to anyone as scum, you’re just vaguely gesturing to the whole as following a scum-led narrative.

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

Sal, this does look like floundering. You’re not pointing to anyone as scum, you’re just vaguely gesturing to the whole as following a scum-led narrative.

##vote Sal

Ok. Good input.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tell me who the scum is??

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Besides me. You’ve made that...kind of clear???

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Scumalong, SiV, Hal and Sand / Tpink would be where I would start. However this will just get hand waved away as OMGUS so it's whatever at this point.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Good lord he named all five of us

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

poo poo that was supposed to be in discord

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

But *why*?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

But *why*?

Why are any of us scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

this will just get hand waved away

Mr. Humalong posted:

Good lord he named all five of us

like clockwork

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

Scumalong, SiV, Hal and Sand / Tpink would be where I would start. However this will just get hand waved away as OMGUS so it's whatever at this point.

I am legitimately interested in hearing your rationale for any/all of these. I'm not going to hand-wave anything away. This is exactly the defeatist attitude I was talking about above! If you're town, why would you just roll over like this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

Why are any of us scum?

what the hell

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

like clockwork

You think I’m scum, why would you care what I post? Why would you use my posts as a defense to your own posting?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Scumalong, SiV, Hal and Sand / Tpink would be where I would start . However this will just get hand waved away as OMGUS so it's whatever at this point.

Hey, there's an idea

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

JOHN CENA posted:

wild that i thought that a vote that was piled on very quickly that i only made when it was -3 turned out to be town. almost like i was trying to signal to other people, hey, maybe lets not rush a vote on this guy. weird. maybe i thought scum was somewhere in the votes for spoonsy.

i'll be blunt with it, the players i do not like are sandwolf, hal, siv, and sci, in that order.

Are you guys talking a lot in the masonry? You've both expressed suspicion of a couple of the same people that I haven't seen either of you mention in thread.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I left my phone on a long thread I was reading in the SA mobile app and didn't realize this had reopened.

Right now Sal seems defensive but I feel like we're about to start the death spiral of Sal gets heat-Sal gets defensive-people vote Sal for being defensive and I think that's alignment neutral for Sal.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

I wish scum had killed me.

:tinfoil:

This is scum gloating right?

I don't read it that way, but I'm still feeling toalpaz as scum themselves, so.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

spacing in vienna posted:

Are you guys talking a lot in the masonry?

Yes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

I left my phone on a long thread I was reading in the SA mobile app and didn't realize this had reopened.

Right now Sal seems defensive but I feel like we're about to start the death spiral of Sal gets heat-Sal gets defensive-people vote Sal for being defensive and I think that's alignment neutral for Sal.

This is why I’m not voting Sal.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tpink posted:

Please don't misrepresent my posts and positions! :argh:

Sal's right about this: you only walked your position back to "I guess I'd vote to prevent a NL" after you were called out and got some heat for it. Prior to that you said nothing short of a scum slip would convince you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is why I’m not voting Sal.

Honestly my current tinfoil theory is that Sal is town, JC is scum, and JC is pushing his theories in mason chat and Sal has bought in.