Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Dick Trauma posted:

Saw there was a daily to get trader supplies with at least 5 minutes left on the timer. Start the mission but he wants me to rob a store or something. Not interested. Reload the camp and get a mission to rescue a broken down trader wagon. The wagon is very far away, and about five minutes into my high speed ride I get an alert that thieves have stolen the supplies and I've failed. Awesome.

Reload the camp and get a mission to hunt a white tail deer for a trader. First I accidentally shoot and haul a pronghorn deer. Whoops. Abandon that carcass and go looking for white tail. I find one, kill it and start riding back to the trader. I begin getting messages to "get back on the horse" and hunt a whitetail deer. Get back to the trader and there's no dropzone. Drop it anyway. No good. Abandon the carcass and go looking for another whitetail. Repeated alerts to "get back on the horse."

Quit.

Over the last week Bootlegger and Supply missions have been the bane of my dailies. I'll complete them, get the mission complete messages, but they won't track as a completed daily goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Zutaten posted:

Normally I take the patch complaining with a grain of salt, but yeah this is the worst I have ever seen it run on PS4 since launch. Normally you get disconnection errors but I was getting full on blue screen app crashes which never happens.

And it's a double kick in the pants because this is on the heels of the game running the best I had ever seen it run.

Even before the new patch I was getting crashes and DCs, usually when I finally found something to hunt.

lol this game's support is more aimless and shoddy than a flight sim made by Russians.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Playing on pc and yesterday was fine, except for one crash. When I was one minute away from a successful trader delivery. Still, when I respawned, I had all my goods and was able to complete the delivery. The short delivery payout was around 750$, isn't that more than it used to be?

E: vvv
Thanks!

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 12, 2020

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Trader and Bounty Hunter have a weekly boost this week.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't know if they forgot to post a newswire article for RDO, were shamed out of it by the console bugs, or just didn't want to compete with GTA for news space. Probably the latter.

But in addition to the trader and bounty bonuses, they released some new clothing yesterday.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Ugh. Can't stay connected for more than about 30 seconds.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I finally found out about the new role and played Online for the first time in a few months. Went to Strawberry, got the role from Davenport, went off to do the rest of my stuff. Started hunting for trader stock and the game warned me that Davenport's upset.

How am I supposed to do trader jobs without upsetting the new naturalist role?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Don't worry about it. If you kill too many animals next time you see her she'll spray you with her joy juice and she'll be locked out for about five minutes. I usually spend that time killing more animals around her tent just to hear her complain.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Just roll with it. Let her get annoyed at you, she'll gas you next time you visit her and you get locked out for 2 minutes and all is forgiven.

It's annoying but it's a minor enough inconvenience to ignore.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Does anyone have a good estimate for when Rockstar will hotfix or patch the console version?

I was having a lot of fun in this game again :(

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Didn't get on until about 9:30 PM Pacific, but everything just worked fine. Even nailed the new Legendary Fox up by Strawberry at the first spawn.

Followed by "no Legendaries spawning" for a couple hours until I finally bailed.

Faffing about near Ice Planet Colter trying for the bison, O HAI WOLVES! Five, or else it was four and the one I headshot-murdered to start the festivities resurrected. The pelts were... not pristine, because 4:1 makes it hard to get your rifle aimed, and so I went to Boot Town until I had two down and then demonstrated why Sam Colt and thumbs beat fangs.

More wolves, down near Macfarlane - Harriet may have gone full Punisher, because I found a poacher, hanging upside down by one foot, with four furbabies trying to eat his face.

Saved him.

Shot the rope.

Stabbed him fuckity-eleven times.

Couldn't skin him. :smith:

And totally forgot to go check out the new clothes. :doh:

Late edit: solo still soloing fine.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I was surprised to see the ps4 version so broken, the Xbox version had been working fine till yesterday. Now I can’t stay connected for more than 30 seconds and when I return to the menu it won’t respond and I have to restart the game. The menu thing is wild because it was working fine Monday and somehow broke without a patch. :rockstar:

Might just let this streak slide and come back in a few weeks.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Hopped on ps4 rdo around 9:30-10ish EST and it was a LITTLE better but overall still hosed entirely. My horse was more responsive, but that is about it. Couldn't even get my camp to spawn to eat stews, couldn't get into my shine shack to dance, none of that. Wound up just feeding my horse five times to keep my streak alive and then, right before I gave up, the game crashed. Way to go.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

A game with such a rigid streak is almost totally unplayable and :rockstar: has nothing to say about it let alone compensation.

My streak was 3 days from reaching the end of the last tier a couple months ago, but I couldn't log into the game at all and there wasn't even a declared downtime. Reboots did nothing, and so my streak was gone and no more gold for me. Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, CODMW is more or less stable for me now so guess what? They got 10 bux and Rockstar can eat poo poo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/JOHNNIERAGE/status/1293316441211637760

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Needs two more amigos to really be complete

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

So if you dual-wield pistols while wearing that gear, what does the draw animation look like?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

skooma512 posted:

A game with such a rigid streak is almost totally unplayable and :rockstar: has nothing to say about it let alone compensation.

My streak was 3 days from reaching the end of the last tier a couple months ago, but I couldn't log into the game at all and there wasn't even a declared downtime. Reboots did nothing, and so my streak was gone and no more gold for me. Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, CODMW is more or less stable for me now so guess what? They got 10 bux and Rockstar can eat poo poo.

Open up a ticket and complain. I got compensated a while ago after I lost my 60+ whatever day streak. I just have so much gold now I don't care anymore.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Awww, that mod for solo lobbies got flagged when i went to play a few minutes ago. :smith:

I'll try yanking it back out, loading to see if I'm banned, and then back out and reinstall.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013

Ygolonac posted:

Awww, that mod for solo lobbies got flagged when i went to play a few minutes ago. :smith:

I'll try yanking it back out, loading to see if I'm banned, and then back out and reinstall.

Aww damnit, it doesn't work anymore? I haven't tried yet today but that'd just figure, I really enjoy how much more full the world feels with actual stuff and things in solo/small lobbies.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Inverted Sphere posted:

Aww damnit, it doesn't work anymore? I haven't tried yet today but that'd just figure, I really enjoy how much more full the world feels with actual stuff and things in solo/small lobbies.

Quick (well, like a couple hours of screwing around)testing after removing the "boot_launcher_flow.ymt" file resulted in 1) no more warnings, 2) solo just fine and 3) Iguga and Teca hoodies. And the kitty I just stumbled into as I was going after a boar, and I guess the drizzly rain was enough for Fancy Feast to spawn.

Only change was the Rockstar bootscreens reappearing, and I can live with that.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013

Ygolonac posted:

Quick (well, like a couple hours of screwing around)testing after removing the "boot_launcher_flow.ymt" file resulted in 1) no more warnings, 2) solo just fine and 3) Iguga and Teca hoodies. And the kitty I just stumbled into as I was going after a boar, and I guess the drizzly rain was enough for Fancy Feast to spawn.

Only change was the Rockstar bootscreens reappearing, and I can live with that.

Ah, alright then, so just remove that one file and all should still be well then? Excellent. Wonder if that was something that started with the recent patch that broke everything on the PS4 version or something else?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Had another update on the Xbox this morning. Let’s see how this goes!

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Looks.loke there's a patch 1.22. No idea what it actually fixes, if anything, yet.

Edit: I've only tried a few of the preciously broken things, so far, but it does seem to be at least somewhat fixed now. It is more stable, but still not great. Honestly probably back to about where it was before

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 13, 2020

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Yep things are a lot better. Spawn in camp, animals all around again like before. Horse comes when called. Looks to be fixed.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Looks.loke there's a patch 1.22. No idea what it actually fixes, if anything, yet.

According to :rockstar: support they just did a rollback to unfuck everything

An update to Red Dead Online intended to provide security improvements and address connection errors unintentionally introduced a range of issues including connection problems, low animal spawn counts, difficulty pitching Camps, entering Moonshine shacks as well as others on PS4 and Xbox One. We have reverted back to the previous version on those platforms, initially launched on July 28. This should address these recent issues and restore stability - meanwhile we will continue to work to eliminate any remaining issues through future updates.

source:
https://support.rockstargames.com/a...awns-and-others

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 13, 2020

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've started seeing animals attacking other animals, which I never saw happen in RDO before Naturalist. Like I used to see foxes chase rabbits, but they never caught the rabbit and killed it. Now they do. I saw a pack of wolves loving murder some coyotes last night.

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 13, 2020

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Hope they do the same rollback for PC because I can't stay connected for more than five minutes, and sometimes no more than 20 seconds.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Dick Trauma posted:

Hope they do the same rollback for PC because I can't stay connected for more than five minutes, and sometimes no more than 20 seconds.

I just got this game for PC and have really been trying to enjoy it, but I’m getting this issue where my desktop will flash through the game repeatedly at random intervals. It’s enough to make it drat near unplayable. Someone on the Steam forums claims that disabling some services at startup will fix it, but the bug is persisting for me and others, albeit at a lesser frequency than before.

Game is awesome and cool so far; Rockstar just needs to unfuck this patch.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I just got this game for PC and have really been trying to enjoy it, but I’m getting this issue where my desktop will flash through the game repeatedly at random intervals. It’s enough to make it drat near unplayable. Someone on the Steam forums claims that disabling some services at startup will fix it, but the bug is persisting for me and others, albeit at a lesser frequency than before.

Game is awesome and cool so far; Rockstar just needs to unfuck this patch.

I'm pretty sure that this is solved by switching to DirectX 12 instead of Vulkan. I had this same issue.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Console peasants got the patch rolled back today. Apparently there's some patch available for PC through the Rockstar launcher, goddamned if I know since I'm at work. (Although a patch dropping would explain why I got the modwarning, if it checked the files in the process.)

Might try for the Sapa Cougar on initial load tonight, kitteh hoodies look even better than the woofy ones.

Need to add in the Legendary Cripps, so you can get Murderhobo wearing a bear hat to put on your head.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Game works now - back to arrowing wagons

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

You monster. I imagine you have some pretty decent hatemail clogging your inbox if you do that on the regular.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
OK, launch last night forced the update, which resulted in no changes that I can see. Still soloing fine.

Almost a full load of goods, so I stooged about just outside of camp in Heartlands, arrowing deer and pronghorns, yay. Loaded up my wagon and headed to the random shack down Hennigan's Stead way, and before the first river crossing I managed a low-speed collision with a boulder. :derp:

Which immediately destroyed the wagon. :catstare:

There may have been an accidental disconnect I accidentally forgot the hotkey for killing the game and on the second attempt, got a St Denis run. Faffed about there for a couple minutes, back to camp for a snack and restock, and away to Colter! Marble Fox hoodie acquired. Forgot to clear my camera roll, though, so no pictures. :smith:

Dark by the time I got back to camp, so I went for the Emerald Wolf again. And got him tranked and sampled. And apparently the game either didn't register that I'd already taken that picture, or maybe deleting old pix took out the one I'd taken :argh: dammit.

Gators still work for the "collectible looted from non-player enemy" daily, too.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

fennesz posted:

Open up a ticket and complain. I got compensated a while ago after I lost my 60+ whatever day streak. I just have so much gold now I don't care anymore.

This was a couple months ago.

I might put in a ticket anyway though, the fuckers

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
If I don't want to drive wagons around, what's a good way to earn funds these days?

I was just a few seconds away from a comeback win (made second, but the gar on my line wouldn't meant first) in a free roam fishing event and I'd play those all day if Rockstar let me

Also a random player wandered into my wholesale dead eye slaughter of a bounty target. Parlayed after he got revenge, then waved as he blew up the wagon to try to make it impossible to retrieve the corpse. I got my twelve bucks eventually

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 14, 2020

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

fennesz posted:

You monster. I imagine you have some pretty decent hatemail clogging your inbox if you do that on the regular.

Less than 3 - most people freak out over voice instead, but i muted pubbie voice a while ago

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

If I don't want to drive wagons around, what's a good way to earn funds these days?

Collect sets. It is more difficult now that the valuable sets have randomized spawns, but still nets you a crazy amount of money.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

fennesz posted:

Collect sets. It is more difficult now that the valuable sets have randomized spawns, but still nets you a crazy amount of money.

drat, still?

Aight I'll make some time tomorrow or something, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

It'll feel like a ton of work collecting poo poo constantly for sets, but once you get a good baseline down you finish sets by randomly stumbling into the last two or three pieces regularly.

I also visit Nazar from time to time and sell all of my collectables down to 5 each. They only stack up to 10 and it's a drag finding an item that's worth $20 on it's own and passing it up because you can't carry any more.