Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Grape posted:

Why were any of you getting primarily meat based entrees at an italian place.

Why wouldn't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wait hold up

ya'll hear somethin

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i eat meat pizza.

meat as a base, meat as a sauce, meat as a topping.

meat pizza.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
soup sucks though

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Has anyone said shrimp are just sea bugs that eat poop? I wont eat bottom feeding poop bugs and you can't convince me it's normal!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Wait hold up

ya'll hear somethin

Butternubs posted:

Has anyone said shrimp are just sea bugs that eat poop? I wont eat bottom feeding poop bugs and you can't convince me it's normal!

There it is.

It's a fuckin bus.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Strumpie posted:

i eat meat pizza.

meat as a base, meat as a sauce, meat as a topping.

meat pizza.

Enjoy your colon cancer

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Soup is good, sorry. Maybe tell east Asia to stop making really great soups and then I might say that soup is bad except oh wait have you ever had homemade french onion soup with the bread and gruyere? Cause that is some Soup.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Butternubs posted:

I'll pretty much only buy shrimp/prawns off the trawlers or from trusted seafood suppliers. The frozen poo poo from Thailand is straight garbage and contributes to actual human slavery and shark finning and other nasty stuff. Then again so does everything so enjoy the shrimp fried rice I guess

Grape posted:

Why were any of you getting primarily meat based entrees at an italian place.

Italian =/= pasta

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Grape posted:

Ketchup on pizza is barbaric yes.

seen it done! On that note, ranch with pizza. Which is not my thing but I get it. For the crusts?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I wouldn't say monster, but a lot of animals do taste a lot like chicken. Alligator, frog legs etc. are all very chickenish tasting.

just my unreasonable weirdness. I have tried those and it wasn't for me. I did have a turtle soup that I felt "okay" about then I felt bad. I think it's because I only have empathy for fish and reptiles and invertebrates

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I only have empathy for fish and reptiles and invertebrates

Do you have a diagnosis or is this some self-proclaimed 'personality' thing you're doing

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Waterbed Wendy posted:

what is the purpose of soup?

Using leftovers, not throwing out the parts of the animal you can't physically eat but still have nutrition (bones, etc), easy to eat if you are sick. Every culture has some variation of chicken soup and it has been scientifically proven to have anti-inflammatory properties which helps with the cold and flu.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
My problem with soup is that it's almost always better thickened up into a stew. It's not really a food if you can't chew it, just a pretentious drink.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

cream of tomato is best soup and super-delicious :colbert:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ice cream "Pretentious milk".

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Here's some mountain dew you have to drink very slowly with a spoon, that'll be $7 please.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Do you have a diagnosis or is this some self-proclaimed 'personality' thing you're doing

I am only joking darling

(but I really don't like eating fish, reptiles or amphibians.)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the British are a degraded people.

they have endemic iodine deficiency

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Soups and stews are good and cool IMO

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Milkshakes are just melted ice cream.

People get way too excited about desserts for children. Like fun-fetti cake.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Milkshakes contain melted ice cream as an ingredient. Sometimes.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

All the other ingredients are also components of ice cream

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Soups are excellent. I'm detecting people whose only experiences come from soups in a can.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

The White Dragon posted:

cooked fish is gross because it's stink. raw fish is ok.

bone-in fish is a crime against humanity

Have you ever smelled microwaved fish? Specifically microwaved fish that was in the microwave a good five minutes too long? I have. Try it at home!

I've never liked soup in a restaurant and only cream of tomato soup from a can, but my mum makes a really nice carrot soup, chickpea and sweet potato/butternut squash soup (which does straddle the line with stew I guess), and a vegetable lentil soup. I've made a celeriac and turnip soup that turned out pretty nice, and a purple soup from red cabbage which was probably about as good as cabbage soup can be.

Soup is good.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i like can-soup. i am not fancy

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

The_Continental posted:

All the other ingredients are also components of ice cream

what do you have against the iced creams?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pyrotoad posted:

Have you ever smelled microwaved fish? Specifically microwaved fish that was in the microwave a good five minutes too long? I have. Try it at home!

I've never liked soup in a restaurant and only cream of tomato soup from a can, but my mum makes a really nice carrot soup, chickpea and sweet potato/butternut squash soup (which does straddle the line with stew I guess), and a vegetable lentil soup. I've made a celeriac and turnip soup that turned out pretty nice, and a purple soup from red cabbage which was probably about as good as cabbage soup can be.

Soup is good.

When I was in high school there was a Spanish teacher who was from somewhere in latin america, Nicaragua maybe.

The other Spanish teachers hated him for a bunch of reasons, like not learning their names and instead calling them "you," and insisting that only Spanish from his country was correct.

But what they liked least about him was that a lot of the time for lunch he would bring a fish in and microwave it in the foreign language dept office.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Strumpie posted:

what do you have against the iced creams?

I love good ice cream. My body does not.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

hakimashou posted:

When I was in high school there was a Spanish teacher who was from somewhere in latin america, Nicaragua maybe.

The other Spanish teachers hated him for a bunch of reasons, like not learning their names and instead calling them "you," and insisting that only Spanish from his country was correct.

But what they liked least about him was that a lot of the time for lunch he would bring a fish in and microwave it in the foreign language dept office.

Microwaved fish in an office setting is an offense worthy of physical violence, imo.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Wizchine posted:

Microwaved fish in an office setting is an offense worthy of physical violence, imo.

It's incredibly rude to not poach your fish in the office coffee maker.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
milk and cheese makes me fart.

honestly, i see it as a plus.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Here's the biggest food weirdo that I know about, Jon Hein, of the Howard Stern show as well as the creator of the Jump The Shark website (yes, really).

He basically only eats fast food, but can only have his burgers plain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfFvxBee33s

He wrote a book about fast food, including instructions on how to be a sociopath while standing in line.

Edit: "In-and-Out is my Nobu"

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 13, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

It's incredibly rude to not poach your fish in the office coffee maker.
ive hung tea bags in the carafe and use the coffee maker to brew tea. works very well

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't drink coffee. Ever. Because coffee is a grown up's drink. And gently caress being a grown up.

"But BrigadierSensible, you drink beer, and beer is actually LEGALLY a drink for grown ups"

You shut up with your logic. Coffee is not for me.

And I never used to drink Tea, largely for the same reason, but also coz my mum used to drink gallons of the cheap stuff. But after living in Asia for a few years, I got into good herbal/flowery teas. And I get around my bullshit objections, i.e. they are a grown up's drink, with some linguistic pedantry. Tea is not a grown up's drink, it is a gentleman/lady's drink.

On another thing. I despise salad dressing. When I have salad, I want to taste the fruit and vegetables in the salad, I want the vegetables to retain their own flavour and texture. I don't want to drown them in oil, or slather them with sauce so they become mushy and I can only taste the sauce.

A funny thing about this stuff is, I never thought of myself as a fussy/picky eater. In fact one of the people I unfairly judge are picky eaters. But with this post, and the other one I did in this thread, it seems I have a whole bunch of weird issues around food.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey we cooked this delicious fish meal but oh-ho-ho-ho its chockfull of hundreds of tiny dagger bones, broken randomly as the meat cleaver smashed through them, so you must chew each bite with care and precision lest your mouth become like a hunted whale. Take them out before we cook them? Preposterous, the bones contain the ~flavor~

Everytime they order fish they ask "why do you eat so slow? Do you hate fish???"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Most fish has gross parasites and poo poo in it you just don’t see it because they’re flash frozen and or you cooked it into the fish

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Soup is just stew for sissies

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I peel peas before I eat them. One at a time. Like I don't peel all my peas then eat them but each pea I eat I peel as I eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

Most fish has gross parasites and poo poo in it you just don’t see it because they’re flash frozen and or you cooked it into the fish

The reason you have to sear beef is because the outside can be covered in bacteria, for mince/ground meat/chicken the bacteria is all throughout the meat and that's why you have to cook it all the way through.