Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, Chelsea's great. I remember when she did What Women Want with the guys and she kept detailing about how you can always tell a Nancy Meyers movie by the apartments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You can go to Patreon now and vote for which Star Trek movie will be the December Nexus. I voted for Generations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The correct answer is Undiscovered Country, which of course means that I will lose this fight.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Does Justin Case do his own podcast somewhere, or is he just some guy that wanders in from off the street from time to time?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vakal posted:

Does Justin Case do his own podcast somewhere, or is he just some guy that wanders in from off the street from time to time?

He was part of their Private Cabin sketch/improv group.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Poll doesn't have Star Trek Beyond what the gently caress

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Double Dumbass on anyone who doesn't vote Voyage Home.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Correct answer is Generations. Come on, the Nexus needs to visit the ACTUAL Nexus.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Vakal posted:

My bigger question is the name. It’s...it’s Justin Case. I mean Justin J Case but I mean.

(Where is the JJ Sideshow???)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GrandpaPants posted:

Poll doesn't have Star Trek Beyond what the gently caress

this is WLM, not WLBland

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

GoutPatrol posted:

this is WLM, not WLBland

You say that, but it's definitely better than Search For Spock, which is on the poll.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I voted Generations, not because it's the best movie on the list (it 100% is not), but because I think it would be the most fun to hear them talk about. Picard AND Kirk impressions, Malcolm McDowell slumming it, Data with the emotion chip, etc. It's a poo poo fest, shouldn't be a WLM, but I want to hear them talk about it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

09 is going to win because it’s the most recent and people are dumb. Never mind that it’s easily the least interesting of the lot

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

AceOfFlames posted:

Correct answer is Generations. Come on, the Nexus needs to visit the ACTUAL Nexus.

I just realized that I mixed up First Contact and Generations. Good thing it's the right vote either way.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ugggh I hate Chelsea, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sponges posted:

09 is going to win because it’s the most recent and people are dumb. Never mind that it’s easily the least interesting of the lot

When I voted Generations was winning, but I see in 24 hours 09 has pulled ahead.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Voting for ST3 for the Christopher Lloyd/Doc Brown impressions.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

teen witch posted:

My bigger question is the name. It’s...it’s Justin Case. I mean Justin J Case but I mean.

I think about this every time he's a guest on the show. Mr. and Mrs. Case knew what they were doing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Their Christopher Lloyd, Optimus Prime, and Harris Yulin voices are all the same voice

Not complaining

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ror posted:

I think about this every time he's a guest on the show. Mr. and Mrs. Case knew what they were doing.

It's especially funny to me because he's their disaster movie expert. Almost like he was predisposed to be prepared for an emergency. You know...

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Their Christopher Lloyd, Optimus Prime, and Harris Yulin voices are all the same voice

Not complaining

Optimus is slightly different, a little slower and more robut like, and their normal Harris Yulin, from Ghostbusters 2, is usually a little more gruff ("Be quiet!") but the Harris Yulin character from Multiplicity, who is also a mad scientist, sounds exactly the same as Doc Brown.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
*lip sweat accumulating*
ha ha who just plays street fighter and jerks off all day ha ha

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Their Andie MacDowell is the same as Zelda Rubenstein as well :colbert:

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Billy Gnosis posted:

Their Andie MacDowell is the same as Zelda Rubenstein as well :colbert:

Also Sandy, child!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Their Busey and Holly Hunter being the exact same voice absolutely kills me.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Marin Karin posted:

Their Busey and Holly Hunter being the exact same voice absolutely kills me.

And it somehow works for both of them. Also I am listening to episode 235 and the actor that plays Billy is in it and their voice for him hasn't changed

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The Gillman posted:

Also Sandy, child!

RIP Sandy, written out way too early :(

Well at least we'll always have Billy.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

B-Rock452 posted:

And it somehow works for both of them. Also I am listening to episode 235 and the actor that plays Billy is in it and their voice for him hasn't changed

Had to hear this for myself and yup, billy was born long before melro210 came around.

Also :wtf: (melrose place spoilers) Billy and Allison get engaged?!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm glad these guys have an episode on Yesterday because I thought it was a big nothing of a film. A flat turd. Such a fun premise with many chances to take off, but never went anywhere probably more due to the script than Boyle's direction.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I'm glad these guys have an episode on Yesterday because I thought it was a big nothing of a film. A flat turd. Such a fun premise with many chances to take off, but never went anywhere probably more due to the script than Boyle's direction.

Apparently the original script was a touch edgier - the main guy only gets SLIGHTLY more famous because kids these days aren't into Beatles-style music - but hiring Richard "Love Actually" Curtis as producer turned it into a rom-com. It stinks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean, I can buy it. The Beatles don't have any songs about rear end eating do they?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Didn’t most people love that movie? It’s definitely not something I want to actually see.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Invalid Validation posted:

Didn’t most people love that movie? It’s definitely not something I want to actually see.

Boomers, most boomers love that movie.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m going to check it out. I love Danny Boyle and the Beatles. I suspect they’re too hard on it

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1295721070276816901?s=21

WHM: The Before Years

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Oh my god that’s purestrain mid 2000s right there. Good god they look like guys I went to HS with and might have had a crush on Jesus Christ the mid 2000s let’s not and say we did

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Man, I haven't thought about Interpol in at least 10 years.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

sponges posted:

I’m going to check it out. I love Danny Boyle and the Beatles. I suspect they’re too hard on it

They were not. It was a nothing of a film. Kate McKinnon was also in a seemingly different movie.

I also hate being a Plot Hole Trucker but it was established that his love interest got a crush on him after he performed Oasis's Wonderwall at a talent show or something, and it was established that anything influenced by the Beatles, including explicitly Oasis, never existed. Despite this setup, there was nothing done with either side of it. It would have been SOMETHING to have the conflict be keeping the memory of that relationship or the fame/fortune of being the Beatles.

Like a loving Sliders episode where the Beatles never existed would have probably done better. I'm fairly certain the show even did something similar but not with the Beatles.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m not crying hearing the OG theme y’all are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Did Steve go through a "Little Steven" phase during the second picture?