Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

RF is consistently unhelpful and super scummy in every single game I've ever played with him. I will vote him until he flips scum.

With regards to Sal, the response to my question was super defensive. But it's sal so ya know.

lol hmm

This is a bad post. RF posts less than some other high volume posters but he generally has some good insight. Also if he does this regardless of alignment, voting him for it is a bizarre takeaway, unless this is some kind of policy vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I won’t vote RF today still, I think this is normal town play from him thus far

Sandwolf gets it :respek:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

btw if I end up dead tomorrow I'm still suss on Sal too and hope y'all who had him as next on your list keep the faith

Also still can't totally shake the "Sandwolf doesn't make this much sense as town" paranoia, but obviously disregard this if Spoonsy flips scum

I wonder if this post got bif killed. Either by Sal-scum forces or by people who wanted to frame Sal.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

weak omgus from scum there

Who, Sci? Sci is town af

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

##vote Sandwolf

Do you have an actual case on sandwolf? You've said that you're suspicious of him, you and Sal both, but the rest of us can't read whatever reasoning you have from your masonry.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Interesting that the scum team chose an active poster, but not the most active poster. Did people have a general town read on Bif? I felt pretty neutral on her.

I think bif hunts scum with the best of them, and that's what got her killed. But it's worth digging into her posts further.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tpink posted:

You are doubling down on a bad post - that post you're quoting is from early D1, and as we actually got closer to the deadline, I said very clearly that I'd vote to avoid a no-lynch and explained why. I quoted and bolded the relevant parts even, and you are still pretending like those other posts never happened. Weird.

##vote SalTheBard

Ugh, this is awkward. Again, Sal was correctly pointing out that you changed your opinion after being called out on it. It feels like you desperately want to get on board the Sal lunch, but have to overexplain your reason for voting, because you're self conscious about it.

##vote tpink

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah one of the two of them is scum (JC and Sal). I’m not sure which one just yet, because they’re both doing rather scummy things.

1000% this. My money is on JC.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Hums case on me:

"Hmmmm Sal sure is acting strange!"

Everyone else:

"GREAT CASE"

My case on Hum

"Hmmm Hum sure is acting strange!"

Everyone else:

"What a weak loving case."

Hum switched from a vote he wanted to a vote he was less interested in because we were close to deadline. He did so to secure a lunch. I can't honestly see the point you're making about his EoD actions being weird at all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

spacing in vienna posted:

Honestly my current tinfoil theory is that Sal is town, JC is scum, and JC is pushing his theories in mason chat and Sal has bought in.

This post is kind of insulting. You are acting like I'm not capable of my own thoughts and that everything I'm thinking is JC's idea. I can't reiterate this point enough, I don't really talk game in unconfirmed masonries. Have JC and I talked game? Of course we have, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to other stuff we've talked about.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

you guys keep obliquely and obtusely referring to things coming together or happening in your masonry, then they never get clarified or even brought up in thread, and then we move on to another topic. I’m honestly leaning towards them both being scum.

JC constantly says the masonry is like x, followed immediately by Sal clarifying that that’s not true, but also, JC isn’t scummy because Sal doesn’t take unconfirmed masonries too seriously.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I left my phone on a long thread I was reading in the SA mobile app and didn't realize this had reopened.

Right now Sal seems defensive but I feel like we're about to start the death spiral of Sal gets heat-Sal gets defensive-people vote Sal for being defensive and I think that's alignment neutral for Sal.

I’m petrified of this too, to be totally honest. But Sal usually goes into full blown “gently caress you how dare you think I’m scum” and he doesn’t seem to be there yet. But I would take almost no compelling to vote for either of them right now.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

This post is kind of insulting. You are acting like I'm not capable of my own thoughts and that everything I'm thinking is JC's idea. I can't reiterate this point enough, I don't really talk game in unconfirmed masonries. Have JC and I talked game? Of course we have, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to other stuff we've talked about.

I think you took it differently than I meant it. I wasn't saying JC is a dark manipulator and you're an innocent wide eyed child. But when you talk to someone outside the game, their POV starts to influence yours.

You two are very in synch, but curiously reluctant to talk about how or why you got on the same page, or even why you suspect some of the people that you do. When pressed, you insist you haven't talked that much about the game, yet your reads keep aligning. It's odd from an outside perspective. I think we're trying to understand better what's going on.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I think you took it differently than I meant it. I wasn't saying JC is a dark manipulator and you're an innocent wide eyed child. But when you talk to someone outside the game, their POV starts to influence yours.

You two are very in synch, but curiously reluctant to talk about how or why you got on the same page, or even why you suspect some of the people that you do. When pressed, you insist you haven't talked that much about the game, yet your reads keep aligning. It's odd from an outside perspective. I think we're trying to understand better what's going on.

I mean maybe we are in synch because we both view the game the same way (vocal scum railroading over town). It's possible we are both town and have similar reads

Sandwolf posted:

you guys keep obliquely and obtusely referring to things coming together or happening in your masonry, then they never get clarified or even brought up in thread, and then we move on to another topic. I'm honestly leaning towards them both being scum.

JC constantly says the masonry is like x, followed immediately by Sal clarifying that that's not true, but also, JC isn't scummy because Sal doesn't take unconfirmed masonries too seriously.

At what point did I say I don't think JC is scummy because I don't take masonries seriously? JC could easily be scum, which is why I'm not having super in depth game conversations with him because if he is scum I don't want him influencing how I feel. If anything I feel I've been very loving consistent on this point. As for how correcting JC's comments? We are both talking about things from our perspectives. JC could take my silence on game talk as me being hedgy whereas I view it was not wanting to get sucked into a masonry by a scum player. It's all a matter of perspective.

Sandwolf posted:

I'm petrified of this too, to be totally honest. But Sal usually goes into full blown "gently caress you how dare you think I'm scum" and he doesn't seem to be there yet. But I would take almost no compelling to vote for either of them right now.

Maybe I don't like playing that way and Awful Survivor opened my eyes to how emotional these games make me and so I'm trying to reign that part in?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I also don't feel like it's JC and I's job to report back to the thread everything we talk about either.

However in openness here is our discussion today:

4:20 Am - Cena - I'm suss on Sci and Sandwolf, I'm more suss on Sandwolf than Humalong

5:52 AM - We discuss Sci's case on JC and I thought it seemed like a weak case, we agreed

Scientastic posted:

Sci's post on JC

##Vote JC

5:52 AM (continued) - 6:04 AM- Cena sent me a bunch of messages about the game, I told him that I was really tired and that I would get back with him later when I was more awake

3:50 PM - We both talk about our general frustration with the game in general

3:51 PM - We haven't talked since

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im fine being voted. it'll remove a player that is town but is casting doubt over town. this isn't a quit but a move to clear the air for town and maybe get them to get their rear end in gear instead of sleeping on the sidelines.

##vote john cena

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

and everything sal is saying there is completely accurate in regards to our convos.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

##vote Sandwolf

Is there anything behind this? My gut really didn't like sandwolf yesterday but reading him over felt townie

this is weird for me because I almost always think sandwolf is scum

preview: lol wtf?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i trust sal more than anyone else in the game so far and hope that our words dont fall on deaf ears when i get lunched and he gets night killed. it's been fun good luck town

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

See like this is the same as Humalong but Sal seems fine with JC

This is a weird callout when I feel like it would be the more natural position to feel better about someone that you have more access to

This is the JC post he's quoting for context

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

im fine being voted. it'll remove a player that is town but is casting doubt over town. this isn't a quit but a move to clear the air for town and maybe get them to get their rear end in gear instead of sleeping on the sidelines.

##vote john cena

I think I'm choosing to ignore this (after this post obvs) because I don't understand it and it seems silly. You're your only vote?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

Is there anything behind this? My gut really didn't like sandwolf yesterday but reading him over felt townie

because its a lot of the way he's structuring his "cases" are with the presumption of the person he's naming already being scum and just trying to get to a lunch destination than actually look for scum. it feels like its done in bad faith. same as sci but he did this as town too so sci is possibly just a stupid tunnelling rear end in a top hat like he usually is, but a lot of the way he's trying to set up "reasons" for me being scum are also structured in such a way that any possible town tells i might have or any accurate reads i've had can be handwaved away with "well he was scum of course he wasnt going to be happy with a spoonsy lunch but he went along with it anyway", when he deliberately overlooks the fact that at the time i voted, the thread was very slow, there was no momentum on tpink the only other option for a lunch, so it puts you in a hosed if you do hosed if you don't situation. i voted spoons when he was -3 but i wasnt happy with the speed in which people jumped on him for what was in all admission a bad post.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Scientastic posted:

The earlier series of posts where Sal misrepresents Tpink’s deadline posting and tries to claim that his early D1 posts invalidate the very clear “I am here, I’ll vote to hammer” are really damning

This is the only thing I didn't like about Sal today. Otherwise his reaction & frustration feels genuine to me so far at face

Maybe I'm more trusting of mason claims than I should be but I think I can remember maybe one game I was in where someone in an unconfirmed masonry was scum

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

I think I'm choosing to ignore this (after this post obvs) because I don't understand it and it seems silly. You're your only vote?

im doing it not out of martyrdom but because i feel as long as i exist in this game, any argument i put forth is going to just get ripped apart by scum, which going by capnandy gambit is probably the better players in this game, some segment of sand (definitely) hal (most likely) sci (most likely) hum (most likely) and siv (probably). taking my piece off the chessboard takes away a tool they can use to distract the town. if sal lives, he shares a lot of the same beliefs i do in where the scum is and would probably have more agency and credibility to argue than i would. im kind of checked out playing with a town thats just taking a nap and not trying, so if they aren't then im not gonna fight for them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sci talking about posters misrepresenting things is fuckin rich though

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I’m petrified of this too, to be totally honest. But Sal usually goes into full blown “gently caress you how dare you think I’m scum” and he doesn’t seem to be there yet. But I would take almost no compelling to vote for either of them right now.

this feels like a bit much. I am v sus of people that need to embellish in their reactions and cases

context:

Right now Sal seems defensive but I feel like we're about to start the death spiral of Sal gets heat-Sal gets defensive-people vote Sal for being defensive and I think that's alignment neutral for Sal.

aside from my thoughts on sivs post (I agree fwiw) sands post is emphatically agreeing while also qualifying it by putting himself back on the fence

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

this is quite the bluff

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im calling for and enacting thunderdome between myself and sandwolf.

do not vote for anybody else.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

This day feels long. I may go to the lake for a day or two friday morning fwiw, not 100% decided yet though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is quite the bluff

call it bitch

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

SalTheBard posted:

Scumalong, SiV, Hal and Sand / Tpink would be where I would start. However this will just get hand waved away as OMGUS so it's whatever at this point.
Hey, there's an idea

where are you going to start mr opop? My impression of you coming into the day was probably more favourable but the only position you've really taken is vs sal otherwise looking you over it feels like more sidelining than not

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

between JC and sandwolf I prefer sandwolf rn ##vote sandwolf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

no

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cheese sandwich posted:

Hey, there's an idea

where are you going to start mr opop? My impression of you coming into the day was probably more favourable but the only position you've really taken is vs sal otherwise looking you over it feels like more sidelining than not
[/quote]

I'm doing more work than like 2/3 of the people here

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Ugh, this is awkward. Again, Sal was correctly pointing out that you changed your opinion after being called out on it. It feels like you desperately want to get on board the Sal lunch, but have to overexplain your reason for voting, because you're self conscious about it.

##vote tpink

Talk about overexplaining. I responded to Sal’s post, as simple as that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

This is a weird callout when I feel like it would be the more natural position to feel better about someone that you have more access to

This is the JC post he's quoting for context

I don't know that I necessarily agree with that sentiment, and I think it is a fair callout when both of their behavior is the same and Sal didn't indicate that Cena was putting forth more justification in their masonry that I could see

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

between JC and sandwolf I prefer sandwolf rn ##vote sandwolf

I don't know why you would feel compelled to buy into JC's dichotomy here. Your only point against Sandwolf is kinda meh, is he really the person you find scummiest in the game?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

like this really feels overwrought? why are you so certain suddenly? do you think this is pro-town play?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

This was your previous post about sandwolf before you flipped a bit later and suddenly declared sandwolfs actions "v sus" (Cena also listed his reasoning between your posts at your request but you didn't comment on it). That whole sequence feels off to me as does you deciding that you'd go along with Cena's dumb thunderdome. NOT LIKING IT ##vote cheese sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't know why you would feel compelled to buy into JC's dichotomy here. Your only point against Sandwolf is kinda meh, is he really the person you find scummiest in the game?

It's better than Sal imo & I get townie vibes from Sal & JC

I don't feel strongly about anyone being scum at the moment, I'm fine giving this a shot. We still have lots of time to explore options