Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

hola trashed crew. just took the first sip of the night and i am feeling p good.

how y'all doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
pretty good, just cracking into the first beer of the evening and listening to some tunes.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
yep joke's on me

he's cute and poo poo but I'm thirsty :argh:

Areola Grande

magic cactus posted:

pretty good, just cracking into the first beer of the evening and listening to some tunes.

let's post trashed crew themed tunes

https://youtu.be/FMmNFCKLBvY

Prof. Crocodile

a country drinking song entitled "theme from cheers" performed by by a punk bad from NJ named after a shakespeare play?

yes pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwltcAo_Bg

Prof. Crocodile

prepuce repurposed posted:

let's post trashed crew themed tunes

https://youtu.be/FMmNFCKLBvY

:hmmyes:

Areola Grande

Prof. Crocodile posted:

a country drinking song entitled "theme from cheers" performed by by a punk bad from NJ named after a shakespeare play?

yes pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwltcAo_Bg

that dude sounds like a tortured man. good drinkin song :cheerdoge:

Areola Grande

since we're doing honky tonk boozin & losin tunes

https://youtu.be/4tvJvh_87i4

Prof. Crocodile

since we're doing honky tonk boozin & losin tunes

https://youtu.be/4tvJvh_87i4

as i have gotten older i have stopped appreciating ween and the dead milkmen as comedy acts and started appreciating them as super sick musicians who did things that no other bands did

Areola Grande

Prof. Crocodile posted:

as i have gotten older i have stopped appreciating ween and the dead milkmen as comedy acts and started appreciating them as super sick musicians who did things that no other bands did

they're easy to dismiss at face value. Aaron Freeman is my favorite songwriter of all time

magic cactus

I like this one: https://youtu.be/e9QnmZVAp_Q

Prof. Crocodile

oh heck i have never heard this!

i don't really enjoy any country music made after like 1972 but hank iii is old school and it tickles me

Areola Grande

a long time ago I went to see Beck on the Midnight Vultures tour. the surprise, unbilled opening act was Hank III. it was the poo poo

magic cactus

Yeah country music isn't my drinking music of choice, but I do enjoy Hank III every now and again.

https://youtu.be/YIlV3tCoK94

These guys are pretty frequent in my trashed rotation, pretty chill.

Areola Grande

magic cactus posted:

Yeah country music isn't my drinking music of choice, but I do enjoy Hank III every now and again.

https://youtu.be/YIlV3tCoK94

These guys are pretty frequent in my trashed rotation, pretty chill.

I enjoyed the chill rear end drums. Here's my chill response. Something about desert songs always gets me

https://youtu.be/fa1v2PIGIGA

magic cactus

I like thin white rope for desert vibes:

https://youtu.be/_O6TuN4QCTI

Ass-penny

This whiskey is too sweet. Drank one with a Mt. Dew and it gave me a headache, lmao. Gonna have a few ibuprofen and make this next one with water.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

magic cactus

whiskey and mountain dew is a bold and brave new frontier in cocktail science.

I salute you trailblazer

:cheers:

Areola Grande

sweet whiskey? Is it American Honey or??

Ass-penny

sweet whiskey? Is it American Honey or??

It is Hochstadter's Slow and Low and if I were a thinkin man, who read the whole label in the store before I bought it, I'd know it is rye whiskey with rock candy, raw honey, navel orange, and bitters all mixed in. It's supposed to be drank neat with a beer chaser or over ice it's essentially a pre mixed old fashioned. It's not awful or anything, like I said, I should read labels instead of being like "this looks interesting and is in my price range"

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

a pre mixed old fashioned

this line of thinking led to pre-mixed and bottled Jack Daniels long island ice tea :catbert:

magic cactus

trashed crew confession: i've never had a long island ice tea

Areola Grande

magic cactus posted:

trashed crew confession: i've never had a long island ice tea

there's like 6 different liquors in there plus soda and other things. Bartenders hate this one weird drink

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

City of Glompton

rear end-penny posted:

It is Hochstadter's Slow and Low and if I were a thinkin man, who read the whole label in the store before I bought it, I'd know it is rye whiskey with rock candy, raw honey, navel orange, and bitters all mixed in. It's supposed to be drank neat with a beer chaser or over ice it's essentially a pre mixed old fashioned. It's not awful or anything, like I said, I should read labels instead of being like "this looks interesting and is in my price range"

i had a bottle of this earlier this year and i really liked it. over ice was perfect. might be good with club soda too but haven't tried that

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

magic cactus

oh no, i know what it is, i've just never ordered it even though it seems to be really popular. i tend to just drink vodka sodas or tom collins if i'm hitting a bar.

Areola Grande

magic cactus posted:

oh no, i know what it is, i've just never ordered it even though it seems to be really popular. i tend to just drink vodka sodas or tom collins if i'm hitting a bar.

I too order a Collins when I rarely visit a bar. Somebody probably told me it's a cool adult drink order when I was like 8

I bet it's not cool now.

What is a cool drink order in 2020 I wonder :thunk:

Ass-penny

City of Glompton posted:

i had a bottle of this earlier this year and i really liked it. over ice was perfect. might be good with club soda too but haven't tried that

The night I brought this home I enjoyed it with sweetened lime juice. It was good but the sugar content really made the next day a doozy.

magic cactus

a gallon of frozen margarita to go, probably.

Joey McChrist

hey trashed crew it's been a while *stain'd voice*

i'm crushing some beers and playing deadfire hope you're all having a chill night :glomp:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I am no longer Barking Gecko. I am now Trashed.
:cheers:

Ass-penny

Had three or four beers during :ducksiren:the longest game of MtG ever over discord:ducksiren: and man am I glad my friend who is way more into that game suggested calling it there so I didn't have to insist I was done for tonight. Gods what a slog. Gonna eat a ruben and keep drinking friends. :cheers:

Areola Grande

At least u had beers to take the edge off :cheerdoge:

Ass-penny

Update: I took a nap instead of eating. Going to eat now and keep drinking, got some Jameson that was aged in a stout barrel lookin pretty tasty about now.

magic cactus

Gettin' trashed on pilsner and watching community. How everyone tonight?

more falafel please

forums poster

drank some beers with a very sparsely attended homebrew club zoom call and now I've got some bad bourbon and some 5 year old barleywine

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Areola Grande

the usual. seltzers and rum. I keep forgetting to buy wine.

drowsy crew

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

magic cactus posted:

Gettin' trashed on pilsner and watching community. How everyone tonight?

i have so much love for community. season, episodes?

it's a good night here. :love:

magic cactus

Luvcow posted:

i have so much love for community. season, episodes?

it's a good night here. :love:

Season 6 episode 6. I was skeptical of the revival but it's pretty good.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

magic cactus posted:

Season 6 episode 6. I was skeptical of the revival but it's pretty good.

ya same here but i actually really liked season 6 and the addition of paget brewster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped.
I remember Season 3 very fondly. After first watching this felt like material I had to share with others even if they had never heard of Community. But... I'm not sure if it ages well. And "we might have to have an intervention for you; you're literally just taking the stuff out in the open to save time" levels of methoxetamine were involved.

Seeing this thread on the front page makes me feel jealous because while I don't like being sober I also don't like alcohol. Being drunk is either the annoying side effect of getting to consume alcoholic beverages or a way to pass out on purpose. Neither is really fun. Cocaine feels fake, methamphetamine is boring, and opioids are "is this all"? My DOC is out of the reach of anyone short of mad scientists and tech billionaires so I guess I should be happy but I am also jealous.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 14, 2020