Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm going to go for Parramatta this year in the finals. If for nothing else the one panthers fan I know is being a smug dick and gently caress the storm and gently caress the roosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Parra are not allowed to win anything in my world

Leilua has gone out of the bubble and back to Canberra for personal reasons, not sure if that's better or worse for us

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Surprised Mary lasted so long.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Leilua has gone out of the bubble and back to Canberra for personal reasons, not sure if that's better or worse for us
I’d be shocked if he hadn’t already had a tanty and walked out on other underperforming clubs before

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:horse:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Parra are not allowed to win anything in my world

How is it that every one of use could instantly identify that signing at the time as an obvious disaster waiting to happen yet highly paid Tigers officials couldn't? Latest in a long line of Tigers mindboggling bad recruitment decisions.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

How is it that every one of use could instantly identify that signing at the time as an obvious disaster waiting to happen yet highly paid Tigers officials couldn't? Latest in a long line of Tigers mindboggling bad recruitment decisions.

I like that this quote could refer to literally any of our signings for the last 20 years

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

I like that this quote could refer to literally any of our signings for the last 20 years

Nah Tedesco was pretty good.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

ili posted:

Broken clock etc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

Oof

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MiniSune posted:

Surprised Mary lasted so long.

He's been riding high on his sole achievement for too long; getting the North Queensland Cowboys into the 2017 Grand Final.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Local juniors don't count as "signings"

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
New-ish American fan, first time noticing the thread.

Am I allowed to like Souths in here, or should I move along?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
They haven’t banned me yet!

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Antitonic posted:

They haven’t banned me yet!

Good enough! Not new like Covid new. Went to see them at Redfern last year against Penrith when I was in Sydney. Feels like a great team to support if I want to be disappointed every year (based on the last 18 months).

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Nimmy posted:

We are a broad church, welcome.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nimmy posted:

We welcome all people here except loving Roosters fans, they can gently caress right off

I apologise in advance for anyone probably me abusing your team during a game when they're inevitably thrashing theirs mine

E: added to OP

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Warriors supposedly looking to sign Pangai and De Belin. Just an outstanding read on the moment there.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Nimmy posted:

Depends how often you apologise for 1909.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Resident Idiot posted:

Depends how often you apologise for 1909.

Correct

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

iajanus posted:

I apologise in advance for anyone probably me abusing your team during a game when they're inevitably thrashing theirs mine

See, that I can deal with, it’s when the scores are going the other way that it bothers me. But, I accept that’s part of the game, and that’s more on my own issues than anything else.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

Warriors supposedly looking to sign Pangai and De Belin. Just an outstanding read on the moment there.

hope they pickup Josh Reyolds and M'bye as well.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Nimmy posted:

Feel free to stick around and ask questions. We're a bunch of suicicidal alcoholics so we constantly need to build our numbers. Have you seen Midsommar? We're a bit like that. The Warriors and Tigers fans here are like the guy that jumps off the cliff and fucks it up.

We don't give a gently caress about who you support as long as it isn't Easts. gently caress the cunts.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Antitonic posted:

See, that I can deal with, it’s when the scores are going the other way that it bothers me. But, I accept that’s part of the game, and that’s more on my own issues than anything else.

To be honest, most people here are so inherently pessimistic that no matter how well their team is going in a game they'll be talking about how well the opponents are going and the inevitable comeback.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Abalone Malone posted:

hope they pickup Josh Reyolds and M'bye as well.

Warriors sign John Hopoate, Ivan Milat and Thanos to development contracts.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
storm supporters don't post here because they are too busy having fun supporting a winning team

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dan Didio posted:

Warriors sign John Hopoate, Ivan Milat and Thanos to development contracts.

Pretty good with their hands so not believable.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

storm supporters don't post here because they are too busy having fun supporting a winning team

That doesn't sound like a real thing to be doing

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I do hope the Storm get those points stripped, there’s precedent. Probably won’t though, because Storm.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

That doesn't sound like a real thing to be doing
not for a true nrl fan anyway

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
We just lurk the thread, grateful of the fact our team isnt contributing to this nations culture of binge drinking. I see this thread as more therapy than sports-posting for some of the people here than anything else.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Franko posted:

We just lurk the thread, grateful of the fact our team isnt contributing to this nations culture of binge drinking. I see this thread as more therapy than sports-posting for some of the people here than anything else.

Therapy would help us rid ourselves of our problematic fixations

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Franko posted:

FYI this thread is global. There are Kiwis binge drinking here too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Come on St George

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

iajanus posted:

Come on St George

Only with consent. I know, difficult concept for NRL players, but still.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

St George doesn't understand the concept of consent.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It disappoints me that we are going to have a bit of a racism in the crowd controversy, mainly because I thought with Dogfucking we left this poo poo behind.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Sadly racism is alive and well in society. We're definitely making progress, but it certainly isn't a problem that has been solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Sadly racism is alive and well in society. We're definitely making progress, but it certainly isn't a problem that has been solved.

Putting it mildly