Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1293729508474982405

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

8/25 Dynamite recap from https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-results/aew-dynamite-live-results-jericho-vs-cassidy-two-title-matches-317401

quote:

The Young Bucks defeated Evil Uno & Stu Grayson

Excellent opener.

Matt and Nick were attacked by Uno, Grayson, Alex Reynolds, John Silver and Alan Angels on their way to the ring. Uno and Grayson went to work on Nick. Matt hit a swanton off the stage to the floor.

Matt got cut off after a German from Uno. Nick made a comeback and hit his trademark springboard facebuster/moonsault off the apron combination.

Nick was cut off. Uno and Grayson went for The Fatality but Nick avoided and used a sunset flip on Uno for the flash pin. Grayson saved but was just a split second too late.

MJF was shown backstage with his entourage. He began making his way to the ring.

The announcers previewed the rest of the card and introduced a series of vignettes where current tag teams were asked about their favorite tag teams of all time.

Kenny Omega said The Young Bucks were his favorite team and the gods of tag team wrestling. Hangman Page said himself and Omega.

MJF came to the announce desk with his entourage before a commercial break.

MJF cut a promo in the ring from behind his campaign podium. He ripped on Jon Moxley and said we deserve a better champion. He called Moxley an idiot and said he was scared of MJF and wasn't there tonight after MJF's assault last week.

Does MJF not watch the show? They just said two minutes before the break that Moxley would appear tonight.

Moxley's music hit. MJF sent Wardlow to cut Moxley off if he entered through the crowd. Moxley entered through the tunnel instead. He laid out MJF with punches and nailed him with the Paradigm Shift.

Moxley cut a promo. He said that if MJF thought that they were even now, he was mistaken. He promised more punishment at All Out.

Alex Marvez interviewed Matthew Hardy. Matt's new gimmick is that since being hit in the head last week, Matt can no longer control his various personas and he slips in and out of them.

You already know this if you watch BTE. If you don't, maybe they'll get around to explaining this on TV at some point.

They replayed Sammy Guevara busting open Hardy with a chair shot last week.

Hardy said he's alive and he won't die. He said he won't be cleared until the next Dynamite, next Saturday. Hardy said he can't wait to get his hands on Sammy and make him bleed.

Hardy said he's not waiting til next Saturday, he's going to get Sammy tonight. Referee Mike Posey walked by and Hardy attacked him thinking it was Guevara.

The TNT title match is next.

Mike Chioda made his AEW debut as the referee for this match.

TNT Championship match: Cody (w/Dustin Rhodes, Brandi Rhodes, Allie, QT Marshall & Arn Anderson) defeated Scorpio Sky to retain the title

Cody was really heeling it up here, coming out with his huge entourage, having Justin Roberts introduce him as "The Prince of Pro Wrestling," and such.

Good match. Cody gave Sky a lot.

Both took a bump over the top rope to the floor. Cody sold his ribs and Sky sold his back.

Cody established the advantage as they got back inside by hitting a powerslam. Cody worked over Sky with a bow and arrow. Sky came back with a cutter on the stage and kicked out of a Cross Rhodes. Sky hit a flatliner for a near fall.

Cody blocked a springboard cutter and hit a second Cross Rhodes for the pin.

Mr. Brodie Lee appeared on the screen after the match and delivered a strong promo.

Lee challenged Cody to a TNT Championship match on the next Dynamite, Saturday, August 22.

Private Party said that the Hardys were there favorite team ever.

The tag title match is next.

AEW World Tag Team Championship match: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page defeated Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy (w/Marko Stunt) to retain the titles

Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus are a great act but they are not the caliber of opponent that Page and Omega are often in with. The result was a good match but not at the level of most AEW tag matches.

Stunt tried to get in the ring and attack Omega. Not one of the announcers directly brought up Omega attacking Stunt a few weeks ago and acted as if Stunt was just a loose cannon.

Jungle Boy and Omega began. Jungle Boy got worked over through an ad break. Omega hit Stunt with a snap dragon on the floor. Jungle Boy tried a tope but Omega caught his and hit him with a snap dragon on the floor.

Luchasaurus got a hot tag and hit some kicks. Omega cut him off with a v-trigger. Page tried a Buckshot Lariat but Luchasaurus blocked. Luchasaurus press slammed Stunt out of the ring onto Omega. Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy went to work on Page.

Omega hit a tope con giro on Jungle Boy. Page hit a powerbomb with a stack on Jungle Boy for a two count.

Omega and Page hit the Last Call and Omega covered Jungle Boy for the pin.

Taz was very good in this match in terms of calling moves.

Santana and Ortiz cut a promo in the locker room area. They refused to apologize for trashing Sue's van last week.

Instead, they dragged some suitcases and items from the van into the shower and poured bleach on them.

The Young Bucks and FTR were in the ring with Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson.

Matt cut a promo and said that Rock 'n' Roll Express were the original Young Bucks and set the standard for The Rockers, The Hardys and The Young Bucks.

Dax cut a similar promo putting over Rock 'n' Roll and Arn and Tully for setting the standard that allowed him to provide for his wife and daughter.

Ricky Morton cut a promo and put over FTR and The Bucks.

Arn cut a promo. He put over The Bucks. He called Rock 'n' Roll the team of the century. He said FTR are the best team on the planet.

Tully cut a great promo. He said championships are what make you great and no one in the ring has any championships so lets just pause patting each other on the back.

Tully said he's had a problem with Arn for a year since he interrupted Shawn Spears's match at All Out and said he doesn't know what the Nightmare Family symbol on Arn's vest is all about.

Arn left. Ricky Morton and Tully got in a shoving match. Spears ran in. Dax faked a knee injury and avoided the brawl.

Finally, it was just FTR and Rock 'n' Roll left in the ring.

FTR attacked and laid out Gibson with Dax's knee brace and Morton with a spike piledriver.

The Bucks ran back in for the save. FTR bailed. Omega ran in. Page sauntered to the ring last.

This was a good angle but it had absolutely no time to breathe or sink in because it was time to throw it to the back.

Alex Marvez was with Chioda backstage. Jericho entered. He said he saved Chioda's job 18 years ago. He said he wants Chioda to call it right down the middle tonight, wink wink.

Chioda promised to call it down the middle. Jericho said when he gives Chioda the signal, he needs to cal lit down the middle and maybe he'll get Chioda a job here in AEW.

Hikaru Shida defeated Heather Monroe

This was Monroe's AEW debut. They had as good of a match as you would expect when given two minutes.

She managed a few strikes before being cut off with a jumping knee strike. Shida hit a suplex into the buckle.

Monroe reversed a falcon arrow and got a near fall. Shida used a stretch muffler for the submission.

Schiavone interviewed Shida. He said All Out is coming up. Shida said she's still waiting for a challenger and "...bring it on."

Jake Roberts was backstage with Lance Archer. Archer beat up some jobbers in the background while Jake cut a promo.

Archer ripped Jake's shirt off to reveal "everybody dies" painted on Jake's back.

The Deadly Draw semifinals on Monday, Dark on Tuesday and part one of last year's all out on Wednesday were advertised for the AEW YouTube channel.

FTR vs. Private Party, Omega & The Bucks vs. Reynolds, Silver and Angels (is his name Alan Angels or Five, they can't seem to decide), The Deadly Draw final, Darby Allin in action, Lucha Brothers, Butcher & Blade vs. Jurassic Express & Natural Nightmares and Cody vs. Mr. Brodie Lee for the TNT title were announced for Saturday Night Dynamite on August 22.

Jericho and Cassidy are the main event tonight and they're next.

$7,000 obligation match: Orange Cassidy defeated Chris Jericho

Cassidy beat Jericho around ringside and nailed him with a dive off the post to the floor with ihs hands in his pockets. Jericho cut Cassidy off with a boot and worked him over.

Jericho hit a back suplex, forearm smash and a springboard dropkick to send Cassidy outside before an ad break. Jericho hit a delayed vertical suplex for a two count.

Cassidy made a comeback. He hit a superkick, a clothesline, a high cross off the top and a pair of dragon screws. Jericho blocked a third dragon screw. He caught Cassidy coming off the ropes and used the Walls of Jericho. Cassidy slid out and used a small package for a two count.

Cassidy used an ankle lock on the same leg he hit dragon screws on. Cassidy countered out of a suplex and hit a stunner. Jericho hit a code breaker for a near fall.

Jericho instructed Chioda to turn around while he used a baseball bat on Cassidy. Chioda took the bat away from Jericho. Cassidy hit a Michinoku driver and an Orange Punch.

Santana and Ortiz ran in, brawling with Best Friends on the stage. Hager ran in and hit a slam on Cassidy while Chioda was distracted by the brawl on the stage. Jericho covered but Cassidy kicked out.

They traded strikes. Jericho hit a low blow. Cassidy ducked a Judas Effect and used a mousetrap cradle on Jericho for the pin. This was not a smoothly executed finish.

News
:siren: Orange Cassidy beat Jericho :siren:
The Deadly Draw women's tag tournament is still going on Mondays at 7PM Eastern; the Swoles and Diamante & Ivelisse advanced this week, next Monday is the semifinals, and the finals are on Dynamite next week :siren: which is on a Saturday :siren:

Upcoming Schedule
:siren: Next week's show is on a Saturday :siren:
FTR vs Private Party
Kenny and the Bucks vs Dark Order (Reynolds, Silver and 5)
Darby Allin vs someone
Deadly Draw finals
Lucha Bros and Butcher and Blade vs Jurassic Express and Natural Nightmares
Cody defends the TNT title against Brodie Lee

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your First TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Third AEW Women's Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WIT DA MOUSETRAP

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
thank you CJ2 for further confirmation of what FTW means

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

OC/CJ-2 was not a cool match. it was fine. it was okay. OC deserved better. shame on you Chris

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was ready to be so pissed after the Hager run-in, but then OC kicked out :hellyeah:

The ending was a little botched but OC winning was still a huge loving deal and I'm so happy. Also Tully cutting a great promo, FTR being dicks, Ricky Morton taking a bump, that great Bucks/Dark Order tag match, Mr. Brodie challenging Cody... lots of stuff to be excited about.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like cage gets slightly bigger in that same picture every week

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Daily's Place is a great venue but it'll be good when the weather and humidity lets up, it's clearly affecting some of them.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

OC!!!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sihda's eyeshadow looks nice

i think i'm done with wrestling for the time being

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Aye Doc posted:

OC/CJ-2 was not a cool match. it was fine. it was okay. OC deserved better. shame on you Chris

It was quite good, I thought, even though the ending was sloppy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

Daily's Place is a great venue but it'll be good when the weather and humidity lets up, it's clearly affecting some of them.

its gonna get worse before it gets better. if this is as active a hurricane season as NOAA is predicting it will be, i wouldn't be shocked if we have a number of dynamites taping from Undisclosed Inland Location

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
An outdoor arena is good for mitigating covid concerns, but it's probably not fun to be wrestling in in the middle of August.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

its gonna get worse before it gets better. if this is as active a hurricane season as NOAA is predicting it will be, i wouldn't be shocked if we have a number of dynamites taping from Undisclosed Inland Location

Hopefully they spring for the swab tests if they move indoors.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

Live from the Springfield Alkali Flats

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Happy OC won even if Jericho screwed the pooch on that pin but the heat likely took it out of him.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jericho looked pretty sloppy in general throughout the match, but the story it told was still awesome and OC killed it, so it worked. It was a good show and I enjoy still having fun with a weekly wrestling program.

Not gonna lie, though, it's bumming me out that we've had like fifteen minutes of women's wrestling in the last month of Dynamites and half those matches were jobber squashes.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

Live from the Springfield Alkali Flats

Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1293735081803161600?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

man.

there's not an ounce of heel in Adam Page but FTR just took it to 11.5 and Kenny obviously is still 100% more about his friendship with The Bucks than his actual championship partnership with Hangman, which makes him a dick, but if Hangmin is still chill with FTR after they attacked those nice old men, then HE'S a dick. it's just like everyone's DICKS man!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reality Protester posted:

thank you CJ2 for further confirmation of what FTW means

This is correct, HOWEVER, the full title is the Taz World Heavyweight "For The Win" Wrestling Championship and I wish everyone would give it the respect it deserves.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

On the other hand; without Ricky Morton isolation tag team wrestling might not be as popular as it is. Are we sure we actually like Ricky Morton?

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 13, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So.

- Kenny has done a couple heel turn teases.
- Hangman continuously has friction with the Elite.
- Cody has teased that he's growing more rash, growing more arrogant.
- FTR just loving beat the poo poo outta the Rock'n'Roll Express.
- Tully has told FTR, the Bucks and Arn to go gently caress themselves. Tully has also in the past implied to Spears that if he doesn't stop loving around, Tully will ditch him.
- Lance Archer appears to be growing increasingly impatient with Jake. Jake kinda looks like he's realizing that he's gotten in over his head with Lance.

Dunno how we untangle all this poo poo but it feels like we may be hitting the combustion point soon.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

MJF shoving his campaign guy in the hallway was a callback to Somoa Joe shoving MJF when he was Joe’s security in WWE. That was pretty cool.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I gave them this name on a WWE game a long time ago ...

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1293703850743005191?s=20

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Weird episode to me. Came across flat even though lots happened. Pretty disappointed by the two minutes of women's division. I also feel like Scorp could've been made to look better. Favourite part was the Brodie Lee promo. Kinda hope he wins since the Cody challenges are getting old to me. Second favourite part was Proud and Powerful bleaching Best Friends's gear. I don't really get the FTR attack thing. They've been pretty babyface, defending the Bucks when they get attacked, hanging out with Hangman, this seems to come out of nowhere. Orange Cassidy winning is a big deal, but him winning with a botched cradle kinda takes the wind out of it, wish he had just been able to pin him with his move. Everything that was done for that match works on paper, but was kinda lame in execution.

I guess the "Tag Team Appreciation Night" theme just didn't work for me, and made the whole episode feel weird. Oh well, gotta try stuff out.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

CarlCX posted:

Jericho looked pretty sloppy in general throughout the match, but the story it told was still awesome and OC killed it, so it worked. It was a good show and I enjoy still having fun with a weekly wrestling program.

I was rooting for OC the whole time and was extremely happy that he won, so yeah I'd say the match worked despite Jericho flubbing a few things due to mid-August Florida humidity.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't post in the live thread but I took some screenshots for you friends

Reveal yourself, Kip

Big Beverage Tony

OC's Chryon

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

I gave them this name on a WWE game a long time ago ...

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1293703850743005191?s=20

That is a tragedy of a shirt

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
did Tully signal FTR to attack Gibson? that would have been cool cause theyve been hanging out with him.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

FTR vs. Rock N Roll Express or quit the business aew booker man

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

That is a tragedy of a shirt

And a 15 year old reference

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Hangman’s Intro text ‘needs to borrow money for a new lawn mower’ got a good gut laugh from me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

And a 15 year old reference

works very well for the demo

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Aye Doc posted:

i don't think chris james 2 wrestled orange cassidy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1293739958331678720

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Should they do a stip for Cassidy/Jericho 3?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They would need to do a hype package at some point if she's the challenger..at the very least at the PPV.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

MJeff posted:

Should they do a stip for Cassidy/Jericho 3?

Cage match

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm glad OC won otherwise that would have been AEW: Dynamite: Holding pattern. I really think Brodie needs to win if they aren't going to go with Sky. If he does I can't wait to see what happens when he tries to present Cody with the unfinished title. Dark Order as usual carried the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hopefully the next one is the last oc/jericho ever.