Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't even have a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

usually when i get really upset (often) i just unloaf a full clip into my own drawers. now that im home a lot more maybe i will stop wearing pants and start dooking on the floor like god intended.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I was playing PUBG a few months back, and a really nice European girl was on the squad. As soon as she spoke, another, presumably a broken, incel child, chimed in, "OK GAMERGIRL FUCKONG EURO TRASH BITCH gently caress YOU!!!!" and disconnected.

The quiver in his voice had me absolutely rolling

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

taking a game out of the system and preparing to poo poo takes to long to maintain that obscene anger. a true critic should play pantsless squatting above the console.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Big Beef City posted:

I had rented Mortal Kombat III from the local grocery store.
$2.10, after tax, in those days. And I was playing with my friend Mark. We never really figured out all the kombos and fatalities and stuff, but we still played and had fun.
Well, up until I found out a few Pro Moves with Raiden. Time after time I would spear Mark's hapless fighters until all hope was lost. Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Busty, all met their ends at Raidens white lightning charged fists of justice that day. "FINISH HIM" the voice would say, and knowing no fatalities I'd just do it again or just gently caress up and miss an uppercut and his guy would fall over.
Finally, amped up on Mt. Dew, he'd had enough. He said "Don't pick Raiden again." My fingers paused on the Character Select menu. "Don't do it." I flicked back and forth. "Dude don't. Don't."
I picked Raiden.
With that he got up and walked out of the room and downstairs, out through the kitchen. "HATSHANANANAKA!" Shouted Raiden triumphantly, spearing the now-unmanned opponent. This would be all TOO easy.
I lined up another devastating attack, but heard some rustling noise behind me. Mark was back. He'd found a small garden trowel somewhere in the garage, and now he intended to use it in his own display of 'Testing His Might' and began to brutalize my ribs and face with the small shovel.
I began shrieking for my mother, obviously as his pudgy, trowel equipped fists rained down on my prone body. When my visibly annoyed and drunken mother finally appeared in the doorway, she hollered to Mark "Jesus Christ, what the hell is THIS? You're tracking mud all over my drat house!" Steve, my mother's new boyfriend (one of several) called up from downstairs that Mark needed to "put that fuckin shovel away and hit him (me) like a man", which thankfully temporarily stopped the assault until the trowel was put back in the garage, the floor swept, and we were given some apple slices.
He'd resume beating me even harder later in the middle of the night using one of my own shoes that he found in my closet, but no one attempted to stop him at that point.

I didn't know you were friends with Windows98 back when you two were kids

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I was playing Zelda II The Adventure of Link and needless to say when I died to Thunderbird when it only had 1 hp left I destroyed the controller, my console, and the TV with burst fire from an AK47 then flooded my entire house with mustard gas

That’s a very frustrating game. You handled it really well imo

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
the level "slime climb" in donkey kong country 2 was so aggravating i gave the cartridge some slime of my own if you catch my drift

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Through The Decade posted:

I don’t play lovely games that suck rear end so I’ve never considered it

Give it a try you might like them

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Big Beef City posted:

I had rented Mortal Kombat III from the local grocery store.
$2.10, after tax, in those days. And I was playing with my friend Mark. We never really figured out all the kombos and fatalities and stuff, but we still played and had fun.
Well, up until I found out a few Pro Moves with Raiden. Time after time I would spear Mark's hapless fighters until all hope was lost. Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Busty, all met their ends at Raidens white lightning charged fists of justice that day. "FINISH HIM" the voice would say, and knowing no fatalities I'd just do it again or just gently caress up and miss an uppercut and his guy would fall over.
Finally, amped up on Mt. Dew, he'd had enough. He said "Don't pick Raiden again." My fingers paused on the Character Select menu. "Don't do it." I flicked back and forth. "Dude don't. Don't."
I picked Raiden.
With that he got up and walked out of the room and downstairs, out through the kitchen. "HATSHANANANAKA!" Shouted Raiden triumphantly, spearing the now-unmanned opponent. This would be all TOO easy.
I lined up another devastating attack, but heard some rustling noise behind me. Mark was back. He'd found a small garden trowel somewhere in the garage, and now he intended to use it in his own display of 'Testing His Might' and began to brutalize my ribs and face with the small shovel.
I began shrieking for my mother, obviously as his pudgy, trowel equipped fists rained down on my prone body. When my visibly annoyed and drunken mother finally appeared in the doorway, she hollered to Mark "Jesus Christ, what the hell is THIS? You're tracking mud all over my drat house!" Steve, my mother's new boyfriend (one of several) called up from downstairs that Mark needed to "put that fuckin shovel away and hit him (me) like a man", which thankfully temporarily stopped the assault until the trowel was put back in the garage, the floor swept, and we were given some apple slices.
He'd resume beating me even harder later in the middle of the night using one of my own shoes that he found in my closet, but no one attempted to stop him at that point.

My mom has this boyfriend his name is Steve
I want him so very much to die
But he won't - he stands strong, he stays all day long
And he fucks my mom even when she cries
And i want him very much to die
And yet he's still alive

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I killed a vagrant because of Ultima 8

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
A Japanese investor once got so mad at a videogame that he briefly made the publisher's share price take a dip

https://www.pcgamer.com/investor-ragequits-square-enix-over-final-fantasy-xiv-sells-1-of-the-company/

quote:

Square-Enix share prices took a mysterious dive recently, but what was first assumed to be a misplaced stock sale was allegedly down to the actions of one disgruntled investor, who decided to sell his $26 million worth of shares in one go in protest at the release state of Final Fantasy XIV. It's the ultimate ragequit.

As reported over at Massively , it's estimated that the unnamed Japanese investor sold approximately 1% of the company at an estimated value of $26 million in protest over the quality of the game.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
After losing to the second to last gym leader in Pokemon Stadium for the 10000th time because they used the move Sand and some other poo poo that makes all your dudes worthless forever, my eyebrows got permanently stuck in an angry frown and people having been running from me in terror and disgust ever since.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i only get mad at three things: mankind's failure to prevent climate change, institutionalized racial injustice, and video games

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

eSports Chaebol posted:

A Japanese investor once got so mad at a videogame that he briefly made the publisher's share price take a dip

https://www.pcgamer.com/investor-ragequits-square-enix-over-final-fantasy-xiv-sells-1-of-the-company/
seeing that a company put out a lovely product and trying to pull your money out ahead of the curve isnt a ragequit as the article calls it
if it was a good game and he was just mad at getting his rear end kicked int it that would be it

actually i would salute that guy in either circumstance. badass move

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Do it ironically posted:

Video games are for children

LOOK AT THE BIG BRAIN ON BRAD

Icochet posted:

I killed a vagrant because of Ultima 8

I played like a thousand hours in Dark Souls and never saw a vagrant.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah? Of course? I thought everyone did this to Tekken 2.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

seeing that a company put out a lovely product and trying to pull your money out ahead of the curve isnt a ragequit as the article calls it
if it was a good game and he was just mad at getting his rear end kicked int it that would be it

actually i would salute that guy in either circumstance. badass move

yeah I don't really get that article at all.

Company turns out the Edsel of video games.
You, a large investor "WTF is this garbage? No. I'm done with these awful decisions."

"Pfft What a BITCH LMAO CRY MORE SCRUB"

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
only a lame-o would sell off their investment just because it looks like it will not produce the expected profit

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well yea, agreed. As a savvy investor myself my strategy of "Actually the company making GBS threads out garbage and losing money is GOOD for me" is a solid plan and I love it. I was just making a general observation.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
If I get mad at a game I stop playing.

If I wanted to spend time being mad, I go online.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I rigged my cd-drive with a motor from an old belt sander and whenever a game pissed me off I revved the fucker to unimaginable speeds and the cd would shatter and shards of plastic flew into my face and torso. To this day there's a piece of C&C Red Alert cd2 in there somewhere. Doctors can't take it out without damaging the aorta or some such medical bullshit

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i have spiked a controller before

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Kids these days with their digital games, they can't poop on the game's cases anymore :sigh:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just poo poo right on your monitor/television while the game sits there and can't do a GODDAMN THING ABOUT IT
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, poo poo GAME? I AM. WHILE POOPING ON YOU IN MY LIVING ROOM.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

NO I DON'T CARE THAT YOUR FAMILY IS HERE, ACTUALLY

2-bits
Jun 20, 2006

He's the chief He's the king, but above everything He's the most tip top - Top Cat!

I have a friend that has smashed several controllers and phones to pieces after getting frustrated with them and it worries me because he's normally very mild mannered. What else is he capable of!?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you're playing an RPG you can just make your character take a poo poo in-game

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
[walter white throwing fulminated mercury at the floor but its an xbox controller]

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

LOOK AT THE BIG BRAIN ON BRAD

The truth hurts

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I think pretty much all my video game anger ever has been directed towards Madden

I swear no matter what difficulty you play at, thosr games have a bullshit switch that just flips on whenever

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

2-bits posted:

I have a friend that has smashed several controllers and phones to pieces after getting frustrated with them and it worries me because he's normally very mild mannered. What else is he capable of!?

Murder.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Probably not op

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTomMm61Ixw

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my favorite part of playing Overwatch is interacting wiht extremely broken people via voice chat

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Big Beef City posted:

I shoved Mario Golf up my rear end and made a doctor take it out to prove a point

same, but Dr Mario and a golfer

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
thinking about starting a youtube thing where I'm gaming and everything I play is garbage but I can't come up with a good name for it, any suggestions?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

gary oldmans diary posted:

im not sure if youre aware of this but putting out a lovely product is a v profitable business model especially in games

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I got kicked out of several D&D groups because my toon's gimmick is that he can't stop making GBS threads

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
he couldve taken that money and instead put it in that game company that makes good games. that one...

90% sure im not remembering a company from a dream i had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I never believe people who complained that they raged so hard they broke controllers as kids. What upbringing did people have where they could break a controller and their parents' response would be anything besides "Oh well, then I guess you don't play any games until Christmas?"