Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
We were going through our pantry trying to find something to store corn sugar in. Seeing what it might fit in. We took down a Danish Cookie tin (you know the ones) and inside were 18 small plastic bowls, 3 plastic forks, 2 plastic spoons, and two plastic knives from before we even lived in our current house. They are actually from when I graduated from college FIVE years ago. I cannot give them away. It's covid season and giving someone opened eating utensils seems like, I don't know, bad business. I don't want to throw them out, that seems seriously loving wasteful. What kind of human anus just takes a perfectly good and usable thing like that and just throws it into the trash? Even the recycle is a joke, since if it isn't aluminum cans it just gets thrown in the landfill anyway. I could just use them but, and I know this is silly, I really don't want my kid to see me be wasteful by using the loving things in front of him or him feeding himself using them and learning that it's totes normal to just use poo poo once and throw it away. I mean, despite being really cool and handsome I'm kind of in the mindset of not being wasteful. Our household is literally on the path to creating as little landfill waste as is possible for two human beings and a tiny human being.

I just don't know what to do? Do I just keep them forever? My hidden shame in the back of the pantry. Laughing at me? Mocking me? Maybe bury them in the desert outside Vegas?? Can I hire someone??? Like, some bad-rear end soldier of fortune or something? Do I tip someone like that? Percentage????? gently caress. I'm in this deep guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You can use tape or glue and pipe cleaners and make them into little soliders and turtles and they can live on

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you can use heat to bend them into erotic poses and take photographs and black mail them for all of the secrets of cutlery

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you can call them names like Spoonsan and Anthonfork and adopt them as your children and care for them for many years, you may have to bury one which is a tragedy no parent should have to experience how wretched

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
No matter what you do with them they're either going to end up burned or eroded into microscopic dust once they're out of your hands. Do whatever you want.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

sid is correct, them’s some fine craftin’ spoons

just be careful you don’t end up with a toy story 4 situation

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
This is serious LAP. What you need to do is take your video camera and make quick 30 second videos of various lifehacks using these. Sell them on youtube for all the cash, then use that to buy fine china you'll never use.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

nullEntityRNG posted:

This is serious LAP. What you need to do is take your video camera and make quick 30 second videos of various lifehacks using these. Sell them on youtube for all the cash, then use that to buy fine china you'll never use.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you could put them somewhere no one will ever find them like in a Danish cookie tin up in a high cupboard

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sid Vicious posted:

You can use tape or glue and pipe cleaners and make them into little soliders and turtles and they can live on

Okay.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I love him his name is Forklin

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nullEntityRNG posted:

I made the turtle before I read this. gently caress. NOW HOW WILL I TELL PEOPLE ABOUT MY SWEET loving LIFEHACKS!>!?!?!E>?!?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sid Vicious posted:

He came out kind cool for 20 seconds and some masking tape. :haibrow:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

He's handsome and suave and all the girl turtles are like man I wanna do sex with him even though he's a bowl?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Literally A Person posted:

I made the turtle before I read this. gently caress. NOW HOW WILL I TELL PEOPLE ABOUT MY SWEET loving LIFEHACKS!>!?!?!E>?!?

No you can salvage this. Take forklin and show how to make them. Sell them to a 'Cool crafts with your kids!' Youtube channel. They don't sell ad well so you'll probably have to downgrade to target silverware...but it can still work out.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sid Vicious posted:

Perfect

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nullEntityRNG posted:

No you can salvage this. Take forklin and show how to make them. Sell them to a 'Cool crafts with your kids!' Youtube channel. They don't sell ad well so you'll probably have to downgrade to target silverware...but it can still work out.

Finally MY name up in lights! My first step toward Broadway??? Maybe.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Probably.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Forklin on Ice

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
I'm glad you averted your crisis with craft, op

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sid Vicious posted:

Forklin on Ice

Didn't realize this was the "ITT MILLION DOLLAR IDEAS!!" thread. But upon close inspection it seems that in fact it is and we all gonna be money-aires!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

terminal chillness posted:

I'm glad you averted your crisis with craft, op

It's times like these where we have to dig deep and really push the envelope of the reuse portion of the three r's.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sid Vicious posted:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

A bowl is just an upside down hat. As for the utensils: stack them all up then drill through the bottom of the grips. Put a machine screw through the hole and cap it off with a nut. Fan out the utensils in a circle. You now have a weapon of legend called the Meal Glaive.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Forklin is the hero gbs needs during these trying times

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
just eat the forks, spoons and bowls. bite by bite. then you can compost your disposable flatware poops and grow flowers in the soil and then eat those flowers

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Use a sharpie and give it a nice face :gbsmith:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

have you tried wearing the bowls as a hat? hats are in baby.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

you can also put a bowl inside of your pants over your sensitive area to protect the gonad during the sport of your choice.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hey it's Forklin, bein an upside down hat

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Use them to craft a good post and then share it with us

uh, good job. Now just eat off the rest of em and throw them out when you're done

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Dude. You and your wife/girlfriend should have a picnic.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
This thread is a real GBS success story.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Lol OP went to college

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sid Vicious posted:

goldmine. :kimchi:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Throw them away, OP, we promise not to tell. If you prefer to have a nervous breakdown over the issue instead, that's your choice so I couldn't give a fork.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

your pain brings me joy, op

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Forklin should buy Something Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I think ethically it would be fine to let your child have them as toys or for junk modelling. If kid is too young for pointy things, you have a handy tin to keep them in until they are older.