Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

StormDrain posted:

Second, getting renewal away from checkstand payment removes the psychological impact of seeing how much it costs, and the pressure on the one extra expensive trip a year.

Yeah, I agree that this is a big reason. Its just bad customer service to require a big charge at checkout, even if it is completely justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Also, if you don't know that you have to pay for the membership, you might not have enough money to pay for the everything you're getting plus the renewal. I know it's silly to suggest that someone shopping at Costco isn't prepared to spend a couple hundred bucks, but I've seen it happen a few times over the years.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Which one did you order? The only non-mega-expensive one on the website (Koolatron) has a shitload of bad reviews. Not regarding the performance of the freezer, mind you, but it seems as though it's terribly common for them to arrive with a ton of shipping damage.

If that's the one you ordered, chime back in here and let us know if it came all beat up!

Found a review on the Koolatron website, with pics
https://www.koolatron.com/US/en/koolatron-69-cuft-chest-freezer#quickTab-BVReview

beat to poo poo, but works 2 stars

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This looks pretty good, I don't really like sweet jerky and it seems like these aren't loaded with sugar. What flavors do you like?

Firey BBQ is my favorite, followed by black pepper and garlic (more like pastrami).

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I got the shipping notice for the Koolatron inside 24 hours; if there are problems I will be posting pics.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Finally got around to picking up some Bitchin' Sauce (Chipotle), and some of the mini-naans to dip in it. Can confirm, sauce is bitchin' - although I wouldn't exactly go out of my way to track it down. The chipotle has a nice little kick to it.

Also picked up some hatch chile cheddar cheese dip which I'm pretty excited about. Almost pulled the trigger on a prime ribeye primal, but until I can actually track down a chest freezer, that doesn't seem like the best use of my existing freezer space. The also had choice primals mixed in, which I didn't realize they stocked. Who buys choice when the prime grade is only 7% more per pound??

ROJO fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 13, 2020

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

ROJO posted:

The also had choice primals mixed in, which I didn't realize they stocked. Who buys choice when the prime grade is only 7% more per pound??

Yeah, I used to get choice from Costco all the time until covid made the prices drat near equal as you say. I just decided to eat less beef overall and eat nice prime grade meat from Costco when I do.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Auto renew is good for costco since it prevents people from letting their membership lapse until they want to use it again. There are plenty of cases where if the person auto renewed, they'd be paying for their membership and not using it for some interval of time.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
They had the mushroom chips on sample today and thank god, this is exactly the kind of thing I am too scared to buy a big bag of.

Conclusion: would not buy but the next 24 hours of fungus burps might be worth it!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

They had the mushroom chips on sample today and thank god, this is exactly the kind of thing I am too scared to buy a big bag of.

Conclusion: would not buy but the next 24 hours of fungus burps might be worth it!

I brought a bag of them -- brand name Shrooms, maybe -- camping last year, and a little really does go a long way. The salmon jerky, on the other hand, was a huge hit with the dads on the trip which meant, much like with shrimp chips, there was always salmon jerky when we wanted it ;)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I like mushrooms but there is succh a thing as too much for me. Like mushroom soup, that's overkill.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Stopped at the CS desk on my way out yesterday to get an adjustment on some things that went on sale from my previous trip. Me standing there for five minutes while the worker pounded away on the register saved me $10! That's two months of tithing.

Also, who knew churches could be torn down.

https://twitter.com/kjzzphoenix/status/1293606992569749504?s=19

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Got my hurricane supplies. 9 cans of tuna, 6 cans of chicken, two jars of pickles. That with ramen noodles and instant oatmeal, and I'm set for whatever god throws at me for a few days.

drat it, husband ate two cans of tuna while I wasn't looking.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Thinkin bout goin to Costco tomorrow

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SirPablo posted:

Stopped at the CS desk on my way out yesterday to get an adjustment on some things that went on sale from my previous trip. Me standing there for five minutes while the worker pounded away on the register saved me $10! That's two months of tithing.

Did that when the laser printers went on sale, got $90 back. Praise be.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Costco: Me standing there for five minutes while the worker pounded away

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco: Me standing there for five minutes while the worker pounded away

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I was just informed that the cold brew coffee is discontinued.

I weep.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wait, so can I now get cum at costco

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Pleasantly surprised to get a box of nitrile gloves today, I hadn't seen them and the price was the same, $10 for a box that costs double that at the auto parts store.

Nearly everything I got was on sale too, including the Evol breakfast burritos my wife eats almost every day, and now my freezer is stuffed.

Also I think this thread is breaking my brain as I felt like I needed to go all week even though the pantry is stuffed. It was partially because I didn't get Sardines that my wife wanted last time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

Also, who knew churches could be torn down.

https://twitter.com/kjzzphoenix/status/1293606992569749504?s=19

I googled this store. They foodcourt and entrance is inside a mall. Never seen that one before.

https://goo.gl/maps/4VPzMvAtf3Mt8vw99

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

incoherent posted:

I weep.
Wait. The kind in the aluminum cans with the leopard or whatever on the front?

:negative:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Went to Costco today and got 7 pineapples and 5 honeydew melons. I feel like a math problem.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I googled this store. They foodcourt and entrance is inside a mall. Never seen that one before.

https://goo.gl/maps/4VPzMvAtf3Mt8vw99

The other two anchors are a Walmart and a target :psyduck:.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Olanphonia posted:

Went to Costco today and got 7 pineapples and 5 honeydew melons. I feel like a math problem.

It’s gonna take the train 120 min to reach DC.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No bitchin' sauce again today :cry: but I bought the goddamned banjo skeletons and some white queso so all is good I guess. Also got a pepperoni pizza from the food court for the first time, and holy poo poo do I regret getting a whole pie and not a single slice. Their pizza is straight up garbage, anyone defending that mess is highly suspect in my book.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No banjo skeletons here in Toronto :(

Just gonna have to teach this potato salad how to play the banjo I guess.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

incoherent posted:

I weep.

The Alchemy cold brew? If so I'm not surprised. I work next to a surplus store the Church sends surplus to and they've had a lot of it for a long time.

E: Wait, the cans? gently caress. I love the cans.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Speaking of pies, we're probably only a couple months away from when they start making chicken pot pies again. I can't wait to eat that deliciousness again.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

incoherent posted:

I weep.

Nooooooooooooooooo

That stuff was perfect for my diet. Reasonably priced, and just coffee. No cream, no sweetener. Plus it was individual portions, so I could grab a can or two on my way out the door to work at 3am.

Anyone have good cold caffeine alternative that doesn’t have any sweetener? I do buy the Lipton iced tea bottles, but something stronger would be nice.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Water and a caffeine pill

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
$4.99 will get you a 120 count bottle of 100mg caffeine pills (Jet Alert). That's the equivalent of 120 cups of coffee. Coffee is a scam!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

RoastBeef posted:

The other two anchors are a Walmart and a target :psyduck:.

Lmao how

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My guess is it's Pheonix and there's no way people are gonna walk outside if they don't have to.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Enos Cabell posted:

No bitchin' sauce again today :cry: but I bought the goddamned banjo skeletons and some white queso so all is good I guess. Also got a pepperoni pizza from the food court for the first time, and holy poo poo do I regret getting a whole pie and not a single slice. Their pizza is straight up garbage, anyone defending that mess is highly suspect in my book.
yeah honestly the pizza is super "decent"/"miss" dice roll. the pepperoni in particular is worse than the cheese because it's really greasy but not in a good way and feels like they gently caress up pepperoni pizza's way more (slimy greasy pepperoni instead of 'nice curled-up' pepperoni that has a crunch to to it). that said you can at least reheat a whole pie in an oven and crisp it up some more. slices can be super miss depending on if it was baked long enough and just came out. sometimes it's been sitting out for just a little too long and just a gross soggy soft mess where everything slides right off and dough is undercooked and slimy; othertimes you get one piping hot right out with a pleasant almost burnt-floury crust that has a great crunch to it and stays cohesive and those are quite nice when that happens. unfortunately i generally find it to be more of a miss than the times it's good. but it also depends on the store/your mood/weather/alignment of the stars some as well.

i generally only get slices maybe twice a year at most.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Do the waffle iron reheating with your leftover slices, thats the good poo poo right there.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
It's a tragedy that combo pizza is gone. Take away my Polish, my onions, and now this? They have gone too far. In this week's video I will

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Or an airfryer. Seriously top ten best ‘co purchases for me for sure. I use it all the time for basically “oven, but faster/crispier”. I heat hot dog buns and the mini naan dippers, mozzarella sticks, heat leftovers, etc. extremely versatile appliance, I seriously almost never use my microwave anymore except for hold warm and maybe liquids.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 14, 2020

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Also got a pepperoni pizza from the food court for the first time, and holy poo poo do I regret getting a whole pie and not a single slice. Their pizza is straight up garbage, anyone defending that mess is highly suspect in my book.

It's the same price as Little Caesar's, but the quality varies from the same quality up to pretty decent. As the other guy said, it does vary dramatically from day to day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Paul MaudDib posted:

Or an airfryer. Seriously top ten best ‘co purchases for me for sure. I use it all the time for basically “oven, but faster/crispier”. I heat hot dog buns and the mini naan dippers, mozzarella sticks, heat leftovers, etc. extremely versatile appliance.

yup. i got the cuisinart toaster oven / air fryer combo before this whole outbreak happened and it’s easily my most used appliance now besides... the fridge i guess. 100% recommend